Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Long wait after IP-change request at VirMach - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Long wait after IP-change request at VirMach

1235»

Comments

• drizbodrizbo Member

@angstrom said:

@ben47955 said:

@angstrom said:
    I've modified the title to better reflect the issue

For the historical record, the title was "Fraudster: virmach"

That said, @VirMach , please clarify this issue as soon as you can

The dude dig his own grave. We all know Virmach is having hard time right now. Of course this is not a excuse for everything, but OP clearly spammed ticket and now his tickets is at the bottom because of this. On top of that, probably that his account is now flagged as problematic user, making this worst.

I don't think there are a real issues if you act with decent behavior. Not like OP.

Yeah, it's pretty clear that this is a case of multiple tickets opened by the OP (= @Empty ), but somehow I don't expect the OP to clarify this

Oh another "its your fault because you respond to your ticket every week"

This is another thing thats only acceptable here on this forum. Imagine if real companies would work like that. Its a joke.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@drizbo said:

@angstrom said:

@ben47955 said:

@angstrom said:
    I've modified the title to better reflect the issue

For the historical record, the title was "Fraudster: virmach"

That said, @VirMach , please clarify this issue as soon as you can

The dude dig his own grave. We all know Virmach is having hard time right now. Of course this is not a excuse for everything, but OP clearly spammed ticket and now his tickets is at the bottom because of this. On top of that, probably that his account is now flagged as problematic user, making this worst.

I don't think there are a real issues if you act with decent behavior. Not like OP.

Yeah, it's pretty clear that this is a case of multiple tickets opened by the OP (= @Empty ), but somehow I don't expect the OP to clarify this

Oh another "its your fault because you respond to your ticket every week"

This is another thing thats only acceptable here on this forum. Imagine if real companies would work like that. Its a joke.

Just for the record, I'm not excusing VirMach, because by all signs, they have become slow in handling tickets (in general)

However, in the present case, we're missing a detail or two, not to mention that the OP has a somewhat mixed posting history here

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@devp said:

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

@MannDude said:

@Nekki said:

@CheepCluck said:

@jmaxwell said:

@Nekki said:

@dahartigan said:

@Nekki said:
    What an awfully unpleasant sounding chap!

You've turned into a posh toff now?

As per the awfully polite request from the diligent moderation team, I have modified my posting style to a more ‘family-friendly’ style, what?

Nekki died. R.I.P

All i did was suggest his avatar. Why must they ruin great things? Nekki, wake up Nekki

Sir, I have little choice but to acquiesce to the requests of the moderation team, since they ‘rule the roost’ as it were, especially as they were so awfully polite this time around.

Sheesh. I got asked to join the team but politely declined. I don't like the new Nekki as much as the old one.

I suspect that there's a middle road somewhere between the new Nekki and the old Nekki

Sir, I was advised by your esteemed colleague that 'the majority' of my posts were not suitable, which initially filled me with despair as felt I could no longer post, but then, like a bolt of lightning, inspiration struck and I realised how I might continue to post without falling back upon my old, wicked ways.

@Nekki
    Your banter is appreciated.

@CheepCluck said:

@devp said:

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

@MannDude said:

@Nekki said:

@CheepCluck said:

@jmaxwell said:

@Nekki said:

@dahartigan said:

@Nekki said:
    What an awfully unpleasant sounding chap!

You've turned into a posh toff now?

As per the awfully polite request from the diligent moderation team, I have modified my posting style to a more ‘family-friendly’ style, what?

Nekki died. R.I.P

All i did was suggest his avatar. Why must they ruin great things? Nekki, wake up Nekki

Sir, I have little choice but to acquiesce to the requests of the moderation team, since they ‘rule the roost’ as it were, especially as they were so awfully polite this time around.

Sheesh. I got asked to join the team but politely declined. I don't like the new Nekki as much as the old one.

I suspect that there's a middle road somewhere between the new Nekki and the old Nekki

Sir, I was advised by your esteemed colleague that 'the majority' of my posts were not suitable, which initially filled me with despair as felt I could no longer post, but then, like a bolt of lightning, inspiration struck and I realised how I might continue to post without falling back upon my old, wicked ways.

@Nekki
    Your banter is appreciated.

@Nekki
    Your banter is appreciated

@Marx said:
    @Nekki
    Your banter is appreciated

Chums, your well wishes do the old ticker good.

• Funny how he blacked out payment method but left out transaction ID, which is probably way more sensitive.

You could've still seen that he's an MJJ by the long-ass invoice address line typical for Chinese/Asian addresses.

• pddpdd Member

@dane_doherty said:
    Funny how he blacked out payment method but left out transaction ID, which is probably way more sensitive.

You could've still seen that he's an MJJ by the long-ass invoice address line typical for Chinese/Asian addresses.

It looks like he doesn't want people to know he's Chinese, which is confusing

• @angstrom said: Yeah, it's pretty clear that this is a case of multiple tickets opened by the OP (= @Empty ), but somehow I don't expect the OP to clarify this

This is not clear at all to be honest.

He made the order on 20th April, and from his screenshot there is 3 ticket threads regarding the issue over a 24 day period of no response about his order.

If that clarifies as "too many tickets" then fuck me.

Virmach is just a shitty cheap ass provider who provides a subpar service. No idea why the forum is so defensive against such a shit service its beyond a joke, totally reminds me of purple daddy cult that exists with a group of users on here.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@noobjockeys said:

@angstrom said: Yeah, it's pretty clear that this is a case of multiple tickets opened by the OP (= @Empty ), but somehow I don't expect the OP to clarify this

This is not clear at all to be honest.

He made the order on 20th April, and from his screenshot there is 3 ticket threads regarding the issue over a 24 day period of no response about his order.

If that clarifies as "too many tickets" then fuck me.

Well, one can see "[MERGED]" on one of the IP-address tickets, which suggests that there was more than one ticket about the IP address.

But yeah, I'd agree that this would need to be clarified.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

I don't see why we can't all behave like reasonable human beings and be patient. Paying money to another human being for a service does not entitle the payer to harass or belittle the payee when expectations are not met, that's quite simply not cricket!

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@CheepCluck said:

@yoursunny said:

@CheepCluck said:

@yoursunny said:
    I take payment in push-ups.

Do you accept invoice payments with pull-ups®?

Yes, we do.
    Domain auction coming soon.

Do I get a bonus if I provide a video of myself wearing those pull-ups®?

You can do pull ups at the gym or on the traffic light.
    https://youtube.com/shorts/W0aR5dq1q4A

What you wear is irrelevant.

@Astro said:

@yoursunny said:
    Domain auction coming soon.

does team-pushup getting priority bids?

Possibly.
    It's the vds.wiki domain that I got for free but could sell for some push-ups.
    In one month, it would reach the 6-month requirement.

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited May 2022

@Calypso said:

@Rockster said:
    AMS ain't any better. Right after the long anticipated activation of this services I heard that there will be some disks changes. That there will be migration to the other cabinet. And so on. That's not really server one want to put into the production. So what's left here is long term idling VPS for some unspecific time for things to get sorted out. Some time frame would surely help, but we know how's with VirMach and time frames until now.

Yes, I agree. I'm also having an AMS server. But I'm curious: when is your next due date for payment? Mine, with an annual payment, is on the 21st of May 2023. So basically, I'm still getting the service in AMS for free at this moment. For me an excellent way to experiment a bit, before putting stuff into a production mode.

So I can complain about it, but I'm counting my blessings and seeing that @Virmach isn't unreasonable at all about these kind of things.

How's your "experimenting" is gone in these days? :) Do you feel like you can put stuff into a production mode tomorrow on the 21st of May 2022 in case your VPS come back online?

• CalypsoCalypso Member

@Samael said:

@Calypso said:

@Rockster said:
    AMS ain't any better. Right after the long anticipated activation of this services I heard that there will be some disks changes. That there will be migration to the other cabinet. And so on. That's not really server one want to put into the production. So what's left here is long term idling VPS for some unspecific time for things to get sorted out. Some time frame would surely help, but we know how's with VirMach and time frames until now.

Yes, I agree. I'm also having an AMS server. But I'm curious: when is your next due date for payment? Mine, with an annual payment, is on the 21st of May 2023. So basically, I'm still getting the service in AMS for free at this moment. For me an excellent way to experiment a bit, before putting stuff into a production mode.

So I can complain about it, but I'm counting my blessings and seeing that @Virmach isn't unreasonable at all about these kind of things.

How's your "experimenting" is gone in these days? :) Do you feel like you can put stuff into a production mode tomorrow on the 21st of May 2022 in case your VPS come back online?

Not confident enough yet, but things have to be seen after the move. And even then: for my purpose I use load balancing between several providers, so if it is of less quality, I just lower the amount of times it is used. And if after a year I'm not satisfied, I'll just drop the VPS - it's not that it costs the world.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • MumblyMumbly Member

@Calypso said: And if after a year I'm not satisfied, I'll just drop the VPS - it's not that it costs the world.

That's the spirit!
    And if everything fail you will still have this nice VPS to run some benchmark every now and then when VPS appear online to enjoy in nice numbers for a whole year, right? Must feel like a real winner here ;)

• CalypsoCalypso Member

@Samael said:

@Calypso said: And if after a year I'm not satisfied, I'll just drop the VPS - it's not that it costs the world.

That's the spirit!
    And if everything fail you will still have this nice VPS to run some benchmark every now and then when VPS appear online to enjoy in nice numbers for a whole year, right? Must feel like a real winner here ;)

The spirit (for me) is different. The spirit is: I can pay EUR15 a month for a VPS that works all the time, or I can pay EUR5 a month and buy 3 of which sometimes (or more often) 1 fails. I'd work around (or not use) the failing one, and for the same amount (or less) money I'd have at least twice the capacity, even if one of the three is failing all the time. And I'd get a redundancy across datacenters as a bonus.

I can be sarcastic in times too, but I'm also realistic. If you're doing "low end" you should realize that somethings gotta give. In other words: companies can stand out in either price, specs, performance, stability or support, but not very often on all at the same time. If you found a few that match all, keep them. If one doesn't and you're not satisfied: drop it. Speak with your foot/wallet.

But that's my way of looking at low end - everybody is entitled to do it his/her way. As long as being realistic. At this moment, my Virmach VPS is costing me around a third comparing to the most expensive one I have for the same purpose. If in the end it contributed in the same ratio, I'm satisfied.

Thanked by 2ralf yoursunny
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

I personally don’t get why to wait when the various options of change provider exist.

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited May 2022

Most likely because of various reasons.

This thingy with virmach has looked promising, so I hoped to move over some of my stuff I host with some other providers (ie. hosthatch, as I don't feel confident in them anymore) to a bit bigger box hosted there in the near future, but as it seems after 2 months or so things wont work stable enough anytime soon to host anything there.

One can ask for a refund of course unless he paid with crypto or via paypal. Virmach does not refund crypto or account credits (all paypal paymens go via account credit with virmach) payments.
    So it's not like we're not hosted elsewhere too. Some of LET advertised providers are actually great. LiteServer as example. I am happy also with webhosting24. And then some od my oldest extremely stable but slightly outdated boxes from UK XenVZ. And funnily I never had a problem with Racknerd.
    I need to check with Mao what's the status of my soon discontinued and potentially moved to the new node budget Prometeus box.
    And I am testing also HostSlick for the last two months and so far so good although some of latest reviews aren't really overwhelming so I am not sure about this but I am giving them chance for sure.
    I never tryed web-project, though I may consider it in the future ;-)

It's not the end of the world because of the virmach fiasco, it's just sucks how things turned out and I usually respond just because of some people still vigorously defend them and blame other clients in this miserable situation even though there's nothing to defend really.