Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Long wait after IP-change request at VirMach - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Long wait after IP-change request at VirMach

Comments

• @jbiloh said: Seems like Virmach may need to add more resources to their support department. I doubt the issue you are facing OP is intentional.

As my previous reply, the support/ticket issue is not relevant to the order. They have clearly ran out of IP's and are just fobbing the OP off with the back of the queue bullshit for multiple tickets.

• @Empty, did you get your new IP yet?

• @jbiloh said:
    Seems like Virmach may need to add more resources to their support department. I doubt the issue you are facing OP is intentional.

yes they should, almost feel like emails are directly going into trash

Thanked by 1karjaj
  • aicmaicm Member

Why can't we come here to speak out? We spend money on services. We don't spend money to see the boss's face. We can't do good service. Without a complete after-sales service, we don't deserve to be a qualified merchant. We don't think that if you give a relatively cheap product, you can despise customers so recklessly. To sum up, virmach did not do a good job in its after-sales service.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@aicm said:
    Why can't we come here to speak out? We spend money on services. We don't spend money to see the boss's face. We can't do good service. Without a complete after-sales service, we don't deserve to be a qualified merchant. We don't think that if you give a relatively cheap product, you can despise customers so recklessly. To sum up, virmach did not do a good job in its after-sales service.

Yes, you are allowed to post about your service experience of any provider here.

• @noobjockeys said:

@NoComment said: 3 weeks is indeed way too long for a simple IP change, but op probably made countless tickets and replies which resets himself in the support queue so he probably never waited longer than a week each time.

Surely the order should have been fulfilled regardless of the tickets? You suggest that multiple tickets go to the back of the queue but those are not directly connected with the initial order.

The ticket is a separate issue to the order. 3 weeks to wait for an IP change after paying is a joke.

It looks like you have to make a ticket to get the IP change so it's not really treated as an order and making multiple tickets does send you to the back of the queue.

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited May 2022

@noobjockeys said: Surely the order should have been fulfilled regardless of the tickets?

I don't think so. If you have tickets open for service provider shouldn't really migrate (or change stuff) before seeing those tickets - maybe there is a problem, maybe client changed his mind, maybe he ordered by mistake?

@noobjockeys said: 3 weeks to wait for an IP change after paying is a joke.

Yes, VirMach overloaded atm with all those new Ryzen and problems that came after that. From what I know they tested that in-house (bah, there was even Alpha node in Pheonix) that did not reveal problems like that. Unfortunately everything took a hit (support mostly) with number of tickets. I wouldn't be even shocked that VirMach don't really want to change this atm because some internal reasons (like middle of migration of that node / brand new system or something).

@noobjockeys said: They have clearly ran out of IP's and are just fobbing the OP off with the back of the queue bullshit for multiple tickets.

Yeah, no. IPs are still there, I would assume it's blocked by low priority, multiply tickets from same (could be even multiaccount) person and he is low low low in queue.
    There are people still waiting for Japan VPSes (they paid more than 3$ ;) ).

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited May 2022

A bunch of bullshit excuses. So what if people wait for pre-sold VPSes or how this justify not being able to set up something as simple as paid IP in more than a 3 weeks? They run a hosting business after all.
    People keep looking for excuses for this host and blame clients while there's host who fucked up things.

Thanked by 2pdd aveline
  • Many members of LET are no more noble than mjj, and this post proves it

Thanked by 1Yunen
  • ralfralf Member

s/no more noble than //

Thanked by 2windtune bulbasaur
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@windtune said:
    Many members of LET are no more noble than mjj, and this post proves it

Well said, my erstwhile friend, well said.

• pddpdd Member

@Samael said:
    A bunch of bullshit excuses. So what if people wait for pre-sold VPSes or how this justify not being able to set up something as simple as paid IP in more than a 3 weeks? They run a hosting business after all.
    People keep looking for excuses for this host and blame clients while there's host who fucked up things.

I think you are the most reasonable person here.Do you have a Twitter or something, I'd like to follow you :p

• @ralf said:
    s/no more noble than //

I'm using a translator and my English is not good, thank you.

• @jmaxwell said:

@Nekki said:

@dahartigan said:

@Nekki said:
    What an awfully unpleasant sounding chap!

You've turned into a posh toff now?

As per the awfully polite request from the diligent moderation team, I have modified my posting style to a more ‘family-friendly’ style, what?

Nekki died. R.I.P

All i did was suggest his avatar. Why must they ruin great things? Nekki, wake up Nekki

• @JabJab said: I don't think so. If you have tickets open for service provider shouldn't really migrate (or change stuff) before seeing those tickets - maybe there is a problem, maybe client changed his mind, maybe he ordered by mistake?

What evidence suggests the customer made a mistake? Please enlighten me? He ordered a new IP, waited and then opened a ticket. Why are you defending such poor services? Are you affiliated with them?

• @NoComment said: It looks like you have to make a ticket to get the IP change so it's not really treated as an order and making multiple tickets does send you to the back of the queue.

That's a really poor excuse, if an order comes in the staff should be opening the conversation with the customer or waiting for the ticket, which he opened. I am baffled how so many people can defend such poor service? When did we lower our expectations and expect this sort of support to be acceptable.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@CheepCluck said:

@jmaxwell said:

@Nekki said:

@dahartigan said:

@Nekki said:

As per the awfully polite request from the diligent moderation team, I have modified my posting style to a more ‘family-friendly’ style, what?

Nekki died. R.I.P

All i did was suggest his avatar. Why must they ruin great things? Nekki, wake up Nekki

Sir, I have little choice but to acquiesce to the requests of the moderation team, since they ‘rule the roost’ as it were, especially as they were so awfully polite this time around.

• I must agree. I have had ~20 VMs from virmach (not from special sales, just regular VMs), and their support was ridiculously slow.

I have purposefully avoided them ever since. I get that people like cheap shit, but this turd just has an extra smell to it.

Thanked by 1zennne
  • drizbodrizbo Member

Virmach has worse support than boomer.

• @drizbo said:

Granted, they selll dirt cheap VPS's. Its unmanaged, what you need? A PP change?

@Nekki said:

@CheepCluck said:

@jmaxwell said:

@Nekki said:

@dahartigan said:

@Nekki said:

Nekki died. R.I.P

Sir, I have little choice but to acquiesce to the requests of the moderation team, since they ‘rule the roost’ as it were, especially as they were so awfully polite this time around.

WHO DID THIS TO YOU?

• drizbodrizbo Member

@CheepCluck said:

@drizbo said:

Granted, they selll dirt cheap VPS's. Its unmanaged, what you need? A PP change?

@Nekki said:

@CheepCluck said:

@jmaxwell said:

@Nekki said:

@dahartigan said:

@Nekki said:

Nekki died. R.I.P

WHO DID THIS TO YOU?

You need a brain change

• @drizbo said:

@CheepCluck said:

@drizbo said:

@Nekki said:

@CheepCluck said:

@jmaxwell said:

@Nekki said:

@dahartigan said:

@Nekki said:

Nekki died. R.I.P

WHO DID THIS TO YOU?

You need a brain change

Yeah but thats expensive. You do it for cheep?

• @noobjockeys said:

@NoComment said: It looks like you have to make a ticket to get the IP change so it's not really treated as an order and making multiple tickets does send you to the back of the queue.

That's a really poor excuse, if an order comes in the staff should be opening the conversation with the customer or waiting for the ticket, which he opened. I am baffled how so many people can defend such poor service? When did we lower our expectations and expect this sort of support to be acceptable.

That's not an excuse, that's an explanation for what happened. For whatever reason their IP change is done through tickets. The op kept making new tickets/replies until they got merged and he's probably sent into low priority. Noone's making excuses for virmach. The fact is the op wasn't in ticket queue for 3 entire weeks because of his multiple tickets.

You would argue they should have used an ordering system instead of using tickets. But @JabJab is right. What if the customer requires the IP change during a specific time range so he can make updates manually? What if there are other requirements? If you consider these things, then doing it via ticket kind of makes sense.

For something serious, I would have failover anyway and would expect support response time to be within 1 day. For something I don't really care about, I might have failover anyway and I really don't care how long support takes. So slow support at virmach is not a problem to me. If it were such a big problem to you, you simply have to take your business elsewhere.

tl;dr: Virmach has slow support, most people know this. But op got even slower support thanks to his multiple tickets.

• @CheepCluck said:

@drizbo said:

@CheepCluck said:

@drizbo said:

@Nekki said:

@CheepCluck said:

@jmaxwell said:

@Nekki said:

@dahartigan said:

@Nekki said:

Nekki died. R.I.P

WHO DID THIS TO YOU?

You need a brain change

Yeah but thats expensive. You do it for cheep?

Wait for the Black Friday mega thread deal, it will be significantly cheaper 😆
    No support though, you on your own.

• JabJabJabJab Member

@noobjockeys said: What evidence suggests the customer made a mistake? Please enlighten me?

Did I said that he made a mistake? Did you even tried to read that message? Read the full sentence, please. It's not that hard. Read what I am quoting, read what I am saying.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@CheepCluck said:

@drizbo said:

@Nekki said:

@CheepCluck said:

@jmaxwell said:

@Nekki said:

@dahartigan said:

@Nekki said:

Nekki died. R.I.P

WHO DID THIS TO YOU?

Why, I did it to myself! Not having the blissful relief of unleashing my pent-up fury on unwilling participants of my own strong little game is small price to pay in order to keep one's self in the diligent and beloved moderation team's good books.

• CalypsoCalypso Member

@Rockster said:

@Calypso said: Sorry, but I'd say that if you do that you lack quite a number of braincells. If you know that someone can't keep up with the number of tickets, opening quite a number of new ones is logical to you? From my point of view it's highly likely that it won't speed up things...

What part about "Ticket is not a problem, but symptom of a problem and it does not change the fact that this guy paid something extra several weeks ago which wasn't provided nor there's any response from a host and he naturally feels ignored." is too hard to understand?

And also, do you really believe that everyone use +6k posts forum threads as official channel to know what's going on with some host and why extra paid services aren't provided?
    There's nothing to defend or justify really. If you as a host can't handle promotions, pre-sales, and so on... simply limit them. If things get over your head and you can't handle them anymore it's your own fault, not customers fault.

I don't disagree with you that problems should be solved, and things are laying around too long. But what I say is that when you know a provider is overloaded with calls the worst thing you should do is bombarding that provider with more calls. Everyone with a little bit of common sense should understand that it won't help.

If I look at the posting history of this user, he's only using words like "scam" "fraudster" and such. Yes, you may be unhappy with a company, and you may feel that you are not treated well, but calling companies who are around for a number of years "scam" and "fraudster" is a big thing in my opinion.

But hey, opinions may be different - I just wanted to give mine.

Thanked by 1Mumbly
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@Nekki said:

@CheepCluck said:

@jmaxwell said:

@Nekki said:

@dahartigan said:

@Nekki said:

Nekki died. R.I.P

Sheesh. I got asked to join the team but politely declined. I don't like the new Nekki as much as the old one.

• CalypsoCalypso Member

@Rockster said:
    AMS ain't any better. Right after the long anticipated activation of this services I heard that there will be some disks changes. That there will be migration to the other cabinet. And so on. That's not really server one want to put into the production. So what's left here is long term idling VPS for some unspecific time for things to get sorted out. Some time frame would surely help, but we know how's with VirMach and time frames until now.

Yes, I agree. I'm also having an AMS server. But I'm curious: when is your next due date for payment? Mine, with an annual payment, is on the 21st of May 2023. So basically, I'm still getting the service in AMS for free at this moment. For me an excellent way to experiment a bit, before putting stuff into a production mode.

So I can complain about it, but I'm counting my blessings and seeing that @Virmach isn't unreasonable at all about these kind of things.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

Thread TL;DR: OP paid for a service that was available to him to order without requiring the company approval (many places you have to request IP stuff and can't order directly).

OP has a reasonable expectation of delivery but gets impatient and does what is all too common and a meme in the industry. (Starts making extra requests and comes to LET where half the traffic is mainland China now or seems).

Everyone applauds a company for taking a week or more to do a simple task as if such support should be normalized.

Nekki got neutered.