Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Long wait after IP-change request at VirMach - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Long wait after IP-change request at VirMach

Comments

• @Calypso said:
    @Empty: I have to compliment you on your choice of username. Very appropriate.

"They say the empty can rattles the most"

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited May 2022

@LiliLabs said: mjj moment

What about to put things into perspective? He paid for IP replacement. And if hosting company, any hosting company, isn't capable to provide service they charge for in 3 weeks must be completely incompetent company.

The VirMach craze and defending incompetence at this forum goes way to far. Sometimes I am wondering, do you people buy VirMach VPSes to put them into actual use, to put them into production or just because of nice resources, nice bench numbers and because you like to talk with this incompetent guy who seems nice but in reality he just f** you all on a daily basis and you don't even realize that.
    He act all the time like people owe him something because of he charge for service which may work properly once in the distant unspecific future and few of you even support this.

I completely understand why is this guy upset. He paid something extra because of he need it. Not because he enjoy to watch nice benchmark numbers. And all the talking about the patience, how long one needs to wait with the hosting company, any company, to do one simple task they charge for? Month? Half year? Year?
    Fanboys please, just stop normalizing something what's not normal. Some people buy VPSes to actually use them, not to run benchmarks and participate in a 6.5k comments forum freak show.

• _MS__MS_ Member

@Nekki said: You may notice a change in my posting behaviour, this is due to a large number of posts being flagged by other members of this forum, and the subsequent intervention of moderators. I hope you appreciate the effort I'm making.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@CheepCluck said:

@Nekki said: As per the awfully polite request from the diligent moderation team, I have modified my posting style to a more ‘family-friendly’ style, what?

Hopefully not as in Alabama "family-friendy"

Sir, I’m not certain what you are suggesting, but I’m sure it is quite preposterous. Risible, even!

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@dahartigan said:

@Nekki said:

@dahartigan said:

@Nekki said:
    What an awfully unpleasant sounding chap!

You've turned into a posh toff now?

As per the awfully polite request from the diligent moderation team, I have modified my posting style to a more ‘family-friendly’ style, what?

Yes, indeed. Quite pleased, I'm sure.

Bully, Sir, bully!

• @Nekki said:

@dahartigan said:

@Nekki said:

@dahartigan said:

@Nekki said:

As per the awfully polite request from the diligent moderation team, I have modified my posting style to a more ‘family-friendly’ style, what?

Yes, indeed. Quite pleased, I'm sure.

Bully, Sir, bully!

Reporteth immediately, set forth and do the needful, sir.

• @Samael said:

What about to put things into perspective? He paid for IP replacement. And if hosting company, any hosting company, isn't capable to provide service they charge for in 3 weeks must be completely incompetent company.

The VirMach craze and defending incompetence at this forum goes way to far. Sometimes I am wondering, do you people buy VirMach VPSes to put them into actual use, to put them into production or just because of nice resources, nice bench numbers and because you like to talk with this incompetent guy who seems nice but in reality he just f** you all on a daily basis and you don't even realize that.
    He act all the time like people owe him something because of he charge for service which may work properly once in the distant unspecific future and few of you even support this.

I completely understand why is this guy upset. He paid something extra because of he need it. Not because he enjoy to watch nice benchmark numbers. And all the talking about the patience, how long one needs to wait with the hosting company, any company, to do one simple task they charge for? Month? Half year? Year?
    Fanboys please, just stop normalizing something what's not normal. Some people buy VPSes to actually use them, not to run benchmarks and participate in a 6.5k comments forum freak show.

3 weeks is indeed way too long for a simple IP change, but op probably made countless tickets and replies which resets himself in the support queue so he probably never waited longer than a week each time.

Thanked by 1taizi
  • MumblyMumbly Member
    edited May 2022

Even one week to get one simple response regarding unprovided service one pay should not be normalized.
    We give him some slack because of pre-sale, nice prices, activity on the forum, etc.. I get that. But that's still business he run, not some amateur forum shop.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

@Nekki said:

@dahartigan said:

@Nekki said:

Don't cut your e-penis man, don't.

Thanked by 2dahartigan rooted
  • NoCommentNoComment Member
    edited May 2022

@Samael said:
    Even one week to get one simple response regarding unprovided service one pay should not be normalized.
    We give him some slack because of pre-sale, nice prices, activity on the forum, etc.. I get that. But that's still business he run, not some amateur forum shop.

Well, you would be right if op didn't keep making tickets/replies until virmach's script kicked in and merged his tickets (and probably placed him into some low priority). Also, most likely he's on some kind of limited support plan.

You can't get cheap, good and fast at the same time. Gotta compromise somewhere. If you need fast support, pay more elsewhere.

• VoidVoid Member

@Nekki said:

@dahartigan said:

@Nekki said:

Nekki died. R.I.P

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited May 2022

MS said:

@Nekki said: You may notice a change in my posting behaviour, this is due to a large number of posts being flagged by other members of this forum, and the subsequent intervention of moderators. I hope you appreciate the effort I'm making.

Whilst I may not use such vulgar language as our esteemed (and dearly missed) colleague, I do whole-heartedly agree with the sentiment.

Thanked by 2_MS_ skorous
  • VoidVoid Member

@Samael said:

You are absolutely right sir. But remember, this is the cheapclub.

Thanked by 1Mumbly
  • @Nekki said:

@dahartigan said:

@Nekki said:

so you're turned into a refined hypocrite now. oh well gotta give what people want.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • pddpdd Member

@Samael said:

I totally agree with you! All the sarcasm and indifference here is a secondary harm to the poster, and curious how they would react if this happened to themselves

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@cybertech said:

@Nekki said:

@dahartigan said:

@Nekki said:

so you're turned into a refined hypocrite now. oh well gotta give what people want.

Sir, I do not deserve your glowing reference, I fear refinement is quite beyond this particular downtrodden soul.

• @NoComment said:

@Samael said:

Well, you would be right if op didn't keep making tickets/replies until virmach's script kicked in and merged his tickets (and probably placed him into some low priority). Also, most likely he's on some kind of limited support plan.

You can't get cheap, good and fast at the same time. Gotta compromise somewhere. If you need fast support, pay more elsewhere.

Ticket is not a problem, but symptom of a problem and it does not change the fact that this guy paid something extra several weeks ago which wasn't provided nor there's any response from a host and he naturally feels ignored.

Thanked by 1Durs
  • totototototo Member

@Empty said:
    I paid $3 to replace the IP on April 20th. After more than 20 days, virmach now does not refund or replace the IP. The robot will always reply to you. I hope others can learn from it.

Your request would have been processed much sooner if you had not created so many tickets that the tickets were merged. Having said that, you may have to do the IP exchange an infinite number of times because they do not guarantee a connection to China.

@Empty said:

By the way, I don't think you need to hide you paid with Alipay.

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited May 2022

wait, his first ticket was "why restrict IP connections to servers in China"

what kind of question is this? imagine asking this to MaxKVM.

no doubt virmach response is real slow and requires huge patience. first time?

so next time mjjs trying to sell their accounts at least have the decency to warn about support time.

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited May 2022

@Rockster said:
    Ticket is not a problem, but symptom of a problem and it does not change the fact that this guy paid something extra several weeks ago which wasn't provided nor there's any response from a host and he naturally feels ignored.

Exactly that's my point! Slow support is one thing. People can wait day, two, three... for simple tasks as rDNS change request, but this here has nothing to do with the slow support, but amateurism, incompetence and inability to provide in a semi-decent time manner what people pay for.
    At some point people need things to get done.
    And ticket ignorance doesn't help either. It's not this guy fault because of host can't answer all the tickets within a months and because of all the ignorance from the host people keep opening new ones.

Thanked by 1pdd
  • _MS__MS_ Member

LowEndPosh

• NekkiNekki Veteran

MS said:

LowEndPosh

Oh well played, that has tickled my ribs!

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited May 2022

@pdd said: .. and curious how they would react if this happened to themselves.

It's happening right now. The difference being we understand the situation, can comprehend the information that is being passed to us and have sensible expectations. ¿Comprende?

@Samael said: It's not this guy (sic) fault..

It is, and the 100s/1000s of others. Reference above.

Thanked by 1skorous
  • CalypsoCalypso Member

@Samael said:

@Rockster said:

Exactly that's my point! Slow support is one thing. People can wait day, two, three... for simple tasks as rDNS change request, but this here has nothing to do with the slow support, but amateurism, incompetence and inability to provide in a semi-decent time manner what people pay for.
    At some point people need things to get done.
    And ticket ignorance doesn't help either. It's not this guy fault because of host can't answer all the tickets within a months and because of all the ignorance from the host people keep opening new ones.

Sorry, but I'd say that if you do that you lack quite a number of braincells. If you know that someone can't keep up with the number of tickets, opening quite a number of new ones is logical to you? From my point of view it's highly likely that it won't speed up things...

And then look at the history of this user: only complaining and right away in calling others fraudsters. With this kind of behaviour, I think the only thing he accomplished yet is getting him quite a negative kind of reputation...

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • RocksterRockster Member
    edited May 2022

@Calypso said: Sorry, but I'd say that if you do that you lack quite a number of braincells. If you know that someone can't keep up with the number of tickets, opening quite a number of new ones is logical to you? From my point of view it's highly likely that it won't speed up things...

What part about "Ticket is not a problem, but symptom of a problem and it does not change the fact that this guy paid something extra several weeks ago which wasn't provided nor there's any response from a host and he naturally feels ignored." is too hard to understand?

And also, do you really believe that everyone use +6k posts forum threads as official channel to know what's going on with some host and why extra paid services aren't provided?
    There's nothing to defend or justify really. If you as a host can't handle promotions, pre-sales, and so on... simply limit them. If things get over your head and you can't handle them anymore it's your own fault, not customers fault.

• @Rockster said: If you as a host can't handle promotions, pre-sales, etc... simply limit them.

This part, I can agree with. Should've limited with one big exclusion country; never gonna happen though, due to the potential sales. Tokyo/W. coast USA should've been rolled out after other locations. Leave the problematic shit 'till last.

• RocksterRockster Member
    edited May 2022

AMS ain't any better. Right after the long anticipated activation of this services I heard that there will be some disks changes. That there will be migration to the other cabinet. And so on. That's not really server one want to put into the production. So what's left here is long term idling VPS for some unspecific time for things to get sorted out. Some time frame would surely help, but we know how's with VirMach and time frames until now.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Seems like Virmach may need to add more resources to their support department. I doubt the issue you are facing OP is intentional.

• MumblyMumbly Member

Of course it's not intentional. They took just more on the plate than they can handle it.

Thanked by 1pdd
  • @NoComment said: 3 weeks is indeed way too long for a simple IP change, but op probably made countless tickets and replies which resets himself in the support queue so he probably never waited longer than a week each time.

Surely the order should have been fulfilled regardless of the tickets? You suggest that multiple tickets go to the back of the queue but those are not directly connected with the initial order.

The ticket is a separate issue to the order. 3 weeks to wait for an IP change after paying is a joke.

Thanked by 1nulldev