Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services! - Page 14
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services!

Comments

• HosterlabsHosterlabs Member
    edited May 2021

@JabJab said:

@Hosterlabs said: Let me join the speculation. I doubt his company is broke at all. His prices look reasonable on his page. Even expensive.

We don't really know the %, but I would guess it's pretty safe to assume that almost no one bought the servers there with 'price listed on the website'.
    HAS ANYONE DONE IT?

There were crazy (40%-70%) promos on the forum or 50% extra credit that most people used. Now combine 50% extra credit with -60% promo and re-do your math.

Yes but you have to factor the intangible side of promos. It is "free ads" on several hundreds of websites. You might have a 30% loss on a promotion, but looking at the products they have on the website, they look around 70-85% profit. 9 € or around 11$USD for a 2GB of ram server looks fine. Around 8$ profit I guess or more as he owns the equipment, datacenter (I guess?) and he has wholesale internet connectivity discounts. Being a 10Gbps connection should be around 500$USD/mo. And 10Gbps is really a lot of bandwidth 3PB data transfer. Not so expensive.

• I have occasionally flagged posts for mods and they were taken down (afai remember). I don't think tagging an individual mod is the way to remove any offending posts swiftly.

Thanked by 2MikePT bulbasaur
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@raindog308 said:
    I'm amused that another company called hostsolutions bills itself as "no drama hosting solutions".

[image]

You think it might be a play on "our" HostSolutions and LET?

• Jona4sJona4s Member
    edited May 2021

just found out the guy I was talking about has a brother named Marius.

I'm now 60% sure I know that dude.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@sdglhm said: I don't think tagging an individual mod is the way to remove any offending posts swiftly.

I guess it’s an escalation process 😂

Thanked by 1bulbasaur
  • @thedp said: I guess it’s an escalation process 😂

Level 1 mod to Level 2 mod

Purchase premium LET gold package to get access to Level 3 mod AKA Nekki

Thanked by 1bulbasaur
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited May 2021

@raindog308 said:

@ViridWeb said: The fact is the rules must be same for all. And everyone must follow the same rules even if the have "Top Provider" tag.

OMG...a very well-known and respected community member who's never been a problem and has been here since 2011 posted an offer that was new and different and didn't conform to the rules, and the moderators let him. To make matters worse, the offer was well-received by the community.

Suggest you read this important FAQ and take the appropriate action.

Thank you, I appreciate it. Always willing to discuss and believe me I don't want to break any rules! Just let me know. 👌

I had a small talk with Marius about what happened. Still don't know exactly what happened other than a UPS that failed. I do know he's aware of this thread. I told him he really needs to come here and explain wtf is going on. This isn't right and I hope he knows that as a NOC he hired, I am not happy with the ordeal neither I want to be associated with the lack or communication/bad service. It's a huge disrespect towards his clients.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@MikePT said: Thank you, I appreciate it. Always willing to discuss and believe me I don't want to break any rules! Just let me know. 👌

Too late, an Interpol Red Notice has been issued for your heinous crime.

@raindog308 said:

@MikePT said: Thank you, I appreciate it. Always willing to discuss and believe me I don't want to break any rules! Just let me know. 👌

Too late, an Interpol Red Notice has been issued for your heinous crime.

Holy damn! Things got serious!

Thanked by 1tjn
  • randomqrandomq Member

@MikePT it's ok, it's just Interpol, they couldn't even catch the Pirate Bay guys for years...

However, if your services ever go offline we will hire private contractors.

Thanked by 2BlaZe MikePT
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@deank said: LET is becoming the second WHT.

No way!

Thanked by 2jsg agehu
  • a3Brena3Bren Member

one of two is down for weeks..

• @jbiloh said:

No way!

That’s exactly what an WHT mod would say. Conspiracy intensifies

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @LTniger said:

@Jorbox said:
    How many days to determine if host solutions deadpooled ?

Wait for @TimboJones approves it. Than it is deadpool.

Then.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@sdglhm said:

@jbiloh said:

No way!

That’s exactly what an WHT mod would say. Conspiracy intensifies

It's a pretty sad state of affairs over at WHT these days. Talk about a dead forum.

• LeviLevi Member
    edited May 2021

@TimboJones approves it.

Thank you master. Your input is the most valuable.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

Deadpool or not, I wonder what will happen when @cociu returns & explains the reason for him ghosting out on the clients & with no proper announcement/information being given out.

Will he get the provider tag back again making things back to normal (as how it was before this fiasco)? or will he be shunned as a pariah of LET?

• LeviLevi Member

@BlaZe said: Will he get the provider tag back again making things back to normal

Of course he will get back provider tag. Community is very forgetful when you offer them good discount. Plus kokio has "isn't he's cute" face paired with engrish and all rationale towards his incompetence will be defended by fanatics like @TimboJones or @jsg .

This is LET, that's how it works.

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • RedzoneRedzone Member
    edited May 2021

because there is very little hope of cociu to come back. should i cancel my server?
    maybe it will auto deduct from paypal if i don't do and already my server is down for more than 10 days. and tomorrow is the due date for the 3-month bill.

• zappatazappata Member

you really have to stop the paypal auto payments in your paypal account. that should be an advice for everybody.

it would be a shame if LET allows him to post anything else than an explanation in the future..

• cociucociu Member
    edited May 2021

Hello All ,

first of all i have to ask apologise for my absence so i will not explain way i have been absent here but i can asure everyone i have dedicate all my time in the last week to resolve this issue. so i will try to be more explicit i can because stay here to chat will consume my time in resolve the issue :

In the day 12.05.2021 we have find 1 big storage netup down with+ 3000 clients involucrated in this so we have try to recuperate the data but unsucces.

unfortunatly from 400 hdd of 12tb each we have recuperate like 50 until now. he big problem in this period is buy new hdd due of the shit coin chia because the price in new hardware is almost 3x more exensive than normal so i have dedicated all my time infind a solution to have new hdd as rapid i can to have the posibility to migrate the data from the affected hdd.

What i think to do and hope is restablish the old service until the clients can migrate the data and offer a same service with 1 year for free to all clients involucrated in this (To note from all our services the issue is only in some storage plans , the rest is up an running so the compensation will be only for the clients from this Rack wich was fucked.)

I have not connect here to ask merci because i dont need it , i have connect to update a little the problem as i have been driving 3 times the way oradea to bucharest in 1 week.

We will came with a final decision Monday as i need 1 day for me because i am almost depressed due of this .

Also we will offer full refound for the remain month service for the users who will ask for.

EDIT : Like i have told always hostsolutions will not dissapper , is my life there , many hours inverted and this is not a plan to close.

EDIT : Thanks all users from here who call me personally to offer his support. This mean much for me .

EDIT : Monday will came with a full plan for pass this bad step.

Thanks All ,
    Marius

• ApeWebApeWeb Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2021

Only took a week to respond. What does involucrated mean?

• bdlbdl Member

@ApeWeb said:

involved?

• LeviLevi Member

@ApeWeb said:

Just apply your imagination.

TL;DR : No money for hardware replacement. Everything runs on Raid 0. 1 year free after fiasco resolves (eventually).

Now, it's time for community to do the job and redeem kokio from this fsck v2.

• corbpiecorbpie Member
    edited May 2021

Spot reserved.

Spot sold to a Linux blog; How to Use fsck Command in Linux

Thanked by 1bdl
  • RedzoneRedzone Member

Its good to see you back
    Looking forward to get my one year free server.
    Thanks

• caracalcaracal Member

Double the thread views

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited May 2021

If people used @cociu's services for (say, secondary) backups, it shouldn't be the end of the world. (Bothersome, yes, but not the end of the world.)

• Okay we gotta wait patiently as issue is going to get solve. Thanks for addressing us @cociu

Hope to get things sorted easily.

Thanked by 1postcd
This discussion has been closed.