Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services! - Page 12
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services!

Comments

• Jona4sJona4s Member

So he never had a company called Iberserv... right?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@Jona4s said:
    So he never had a company called Iberserv... right?

No, don't think so.

The dude smells good.

Thanked by 2Jona4s pbx
  • ApeWebApeWeb Member, Host Rep

An update has been published on the Romanian court page. No idea what it means though.

• JabJabJabJab Member

That it was re-scheduled, again.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • Apparently the court is getting downtime from him as well lol

• amadex1337amadex1337 Member
    edited May 2021

I've wrote him on Skype to check this topic. He gave me a "seen".

• WilliamWilliam Member

@JabJab said: That it was re-scheduled, again.

No courts work in Europe atm pretty much

• 0xOkami0xOkami Member

I see everyone from LET in this thread, but where is Cociu?

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Francisco said:

@jsg said: Uhm, "funny". So when sharing what a reliable inside source told me - well noted with the good intention of shining what little light I had to offer in the otherwise dark situation - someone finds some weird perspective looking from which I might look bad?

Their own staff claim they've heard nothing from anyone.

If they did and are hiding that fact, then they're doing a disservice to the community and the company.

You're the only one in the entire community, including at least 1 - 2 of their full time support staff, that have heard anything about this from a "reliable source". Maybe they are, maybe it's right from the horses mouth. They should spend 2 minutes to post on here.

That'll clear up what's going on and whats with the lawsuit. If they want to be really helpful they could even explain where all those credit top up funds went. As of now, unless he's pumping a lot of his own personal funds into it for fun, he has a lot of credit liabilities he can't honor.

Francisco

The rest of the staff works there in Romania, they're local. I'm the only guy handling support from Portugal.

I've been trying to speak to cociu, hasn't been easy as I get partial information - still, what I do know for now is that there was an electrical fail in a UPS, nothing else.

Sorry I can't be of any help guys :\

Thanked by 4FrankZ BBTN Andrews rcxb
  • edited May 2021

@0xOkami said:
    I see everyone from LET in this thread, but where is Cociu?

He gone.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • JabJabJabJab Member

@William said: No courts work in Europe atm pretty much

We good here in PL! All the 'protesters' against current GOV getting courts dates and mostly going free because some people still have dignity and follow the law.

• GOBBLESGOBBLES Member

http://portal.just.ro/271/SitePages/Dosar.aspx?id_dosar=27100000000304561&id_inst=271

Is this why he switched to Netsilvania? Even the previous company was in debt

• ChievoChievo Member

@snt said:
    http://portal.just.ro/271/SitePages/Dosar.aspx?id_dosar=27100000000304561&id_inst=271

That is not big money i mean 10k euros for any business is just 2-3 months budget. I do not think that he has changed his company because such amount.

Thanked by 1BBTN
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited May 2021

@Chievo said:

@snt said:

That is not big money i mean 10k euros for any business is just 2-3 months budget. I do not think that he has changed his company because such amount.

Oh yea it says Leu not EURO, someone mentioned it was 60k.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@Neoon said:

@Chievo said:

@snt said:

60k was the current company’s debt IIRC and this 10k is the perfume company’s debt.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited May 2021

@Francisco said:
    Their own staff claim they've heard nothing from anyone.

Wrong. Their own staff heard something about a UPS failure and said so clearly.

If they did and are hiding that fact, then they're doing a disservice to the community and the company.

Premise problem. We are talking about an owner who obviously and intentionally is incommunicado here at LET and it's quite possible, even probable that said owner intentionally kept support in the dark to avoid information "spilling" over to LET.

You're the only one in the entire community, including at least 1 - 2 of their full time support staff, that have heard anything about this from a "reliable source". Maybe they are, maybe it's right from the horses mouth. They should spend 2 minutes to post on here.

Whether their support staff know anything or tell anything is nothing to do with whether and what my source knows or tells. And yes, that source is about as inside as inside gets.

That'll clear up what's going on and whats with the lawsuit. If they want to be really helpful they could even explain where all those credit top up funds went. As of now, unless he's pumping a lot of his own personal funds into it for fun, he has a lot of credit liabilities he can't honor.

Repetition of premise error above. A provider may or may not inform their support staff about legal matters, and if they chose to inform them they still may chose to not authorize passing on that information.

Plus, that's little to nothing do with the current outage. At least the vast majority of all traffic to/from HS does not go via GTT. In fact, most still working connections are via Telia and in fact significantly faster than a month ago (with M247 iirc).

Also note that I am not somehow trying to cover @cociu. My interest and intention was and is to shed some light onto what's going on. Forwarding what a good source told me was just 1 element. I also checked multiple technical aspects and forwarded my findings to our community. I even responded to a users request to check whether the "dead" nodes can be reached from the inside.

So kindly do not mix me in with your well known aversion against cociu/HS. My focus is our community, not cociu.

Thanked by 2FrankZ LowLowLow
  • skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

@thedp said:

@Neoon said:

@Chievo said:

@snt said:

60k was the current company’s debt IIRC and this 10k is the perfume company’s debt.

Well @cociu won't be able to buy servers for a month or so.

• serv_eeserv_ee Member

@William said:

@JabJab said: That it was re-scheduled, again.

No courts work in Europe atm pretty much

Bullshit. Most of them work over video. Had my own court time done like that just recently.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

Looks like the curse of the sisters came in.

• Let me join the speculation. I doubt his company is broke at all. His prices look reasonable on his page. Even expensive.

Marketing and big offers are just a gateway to get posted on several hundreds of websites. His money does not come from offers, it comes from the "free" publicity of them. All prices seem reasonable if not a bit expensive, except for storage.

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited May 2021

@Hosterlabs said: Let me join the speculation. I doubt his company is broke at all. His prices look reasonable on his page. Even expensive.

We don't really know the %, but I would guess it's pretty safe to assume that almost no one bought the servers there with 'price listed on the website'.
    HAS ANYONE DONE IT?

There were crazy (40%-70%) promos on the forum or 50% extra credit that most people used. Now combine 50% extra credit with -60% promo and re-do your math.

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • rzlostyrzlosty Member

@jsg said: My interest and intention was and is to shed some light onto what's going on

With undue respect, you've not been very successful.

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited May 2021

@JabJab said: There were crazy (40%-70%) promos on the forum or 50% extra credit that most people used. Now combine 50% extra credit with -60% promo and re-do your math.

On website:

NVMe VPS 3
    € 8,99 a month
    NVMe 40 GB
    CPU 1vCore
    RAM 2 GB ECC
    1 IP Dedicat
    Full Root Access
    Multiple 32/64 bit OS
    10 TB Trafic/Luna
    1 Gbps Port

I paid: Special yearly rate €35, with 70% off promo (€10.50)+ 50% extra credit = €7 a year.

EDIT: changed calc to all €

• angeliusangelius Member
    edited May 2021

It was a very long summer ... But Winter is coming
    I guess he is not in a position to talk, and this is a Deadpool

• amadex1337amadex1337 Member
    edited May 2021

This is how I imagine the situation right now in his company (cociu, sisters and engineers):

• lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

@JabJab said: HAS ANYONE DONE IT?

I have for a single server that costed $100, I doubt anyone really does that though.

Thanked by 2JabJab FrankZ
  • serv_eeserv_ee Member

@FrankZ said:

@JabJab said: There were crazy (40%-70%) promos on the forum or 50% extra credit that most people used. Now combine 50% extra credit with -60% promo and re-do your math.

On website:

NVMe VPS 3
    € 8,99 a month
    NVMe 40 GB
    CPU 1vCore
    RAM 2 GB ECC
    1 IP Dedicat
    Full Root Access
    Multiple 32/64 bit OS
    10 TB Trafic/Luna
    1 Gbps Port

I paid: Special yearly rate €35, with 70% off promo (€10.50)+ 50% extra credit = €7 a year.

EDIT: changed calc to all €

And Im here paying Telia 6.99 a month for a single IPv4..

Thanked by 3FrankZ pbx derpydm
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@serv_ee said: And Im here paying Telia 6.99 a month for a single IPv4..

This is why I still :love: @cociu

• LeeLee Veteran

@jsg said: My focus is our community

You need to find a new focus, one that you are better at and more suited to.

This discussion has been closed.