Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services! - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services!

Comments

• FalzoFalzo Member

@Saahib said:
    May be he is facing some personal crisis ? Corona ...

I was thinking the same, still at an operation of his (supposed) size he should have a fallback plan for that...

• acidpukeacidpuke Member
    edited May 2021

@MikePT said:

I've discussed this today with Marius and told him that he really needs to explain what's going on - so far, I know very little details as well, trying my best to help you guys, but this was a storage issue / hardware fail, presumably due to a failed UPS.

There has been communication so I don't think its Covid Related, Could be another Raid (takedown) on his Servers by the Authorities.

Maybe kiddie stuff again, might be why were not hearing anything, his hands might be tied up, I don't see this as a deadpool, everything would be down.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • randomqrandomq Member

Can anyone test if there's internal routing to the VPS not accessible from the Internet? If so, a kind soul could set up a proxy so other customers could back up their data. Of course, this doesn't help if they are actually offline due to storage...

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • @Falzo said:

@Saahib said:

I was thinking the same, still at an operation of his (supposed) size he should have a fallback plan for that...

We have yet to see him having a fallback plan for anything, seeing how he has been around for a while and it's been a shitshow after a shitshow.

• FANtastic

• lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

@niknar1900 said: FANtastic

I don't know of a single host that actually uses the WHMCS monitoring. Go check your specific node, it might be up.

Thanked by 2benj0x bdl
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@NobodyInteresting said:

@Falzo said:

@Saahib said:

We have yet to see him having a fallback plan for anything, seeing how he has been around for a while and it's been a shitshow after a shitshow.

At that pricing, the customers themselves are the ones who would need to have a fallback plan :D

• carcosacarcosa Member

Yep 193.x and 45.x now both dead so Storage and VPS(SSD) both.
    With no update in WHCMS or here it may be a good idea to disable auto payments via paypal just in case if you use that option.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@randomq said:
    Can anyone test if there's internal routing to the VPS not accessible from the Internet? If so, a kind soul could set up a proxy so other customers could back up their data. Of course, this doesn't help if they are actually offline due to storage...

I just tried with both 193.148 systems I (normally) have access to. Doesn't work. Not even ping.

• atroxzatroxz Member

bye bye bye

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@thedp said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@Falzo said:

@Saahib said:

At that pricing, the customers themselves are the ones who would need to have a fallback plan :D

Fallback plan? Majority of LET users use providers RAIDs as backup plan.

From experience I seen the following: one of LET provider backup plan was to backup the customers data to the same hard drive on the same server 😂

• zafouharzafouhar Veteran

@atroxz said:
    bye bye bye

He's already left without saying bye.

• BinaryBinary Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2021

Move on. HostSolutions has been a shitshow for quite some time now.
    (Also dispute the most recent payment if you haven't already)

Thanked by 1angelius
  • yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited May 2021

@niknar1900 said:

His Server Status is never working in the first place.

@jokjok said:
    My production site is down

Wait, what ? People actually using HS for Production site. PRODUCTION ? as in you lost money when it's down ?

Looking at the past, @cociu will never answer / post in this thread, after he has a clear idea what he is facing, and the solution. He is always answering when he has an answer, the guy never say "Shit I am fucked up, I have no idea what happened, yet".

Either he will answer with full explanation, or he won't. Either way, My bet is :

1. He is going to come back to LET
    2. He is going to compensate using credit
    3. He is going to refund anyone who ask for a refund
    4. He is going to held another promotional to replace the money that he lost.

Whatever happens, people will just keep buying from him. This is hardly the first, and this won't be the last.

• DarioXDarioX Member

My Cardano pool is down!!!!

• cazrzcazrz Member

@thedp said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@Falzo said:

@Saahib said:

I thought HS is for fallback of fallback of fallback? This must be a new called strain "cocui strain"!

• randomqrandomq Member

@yokowasis said:

Not without his provider tag... 🤣

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

@thedp said:

Dude, y u speak common sense?

Thanked by 1DP
  • @randomq said:

@yokowasis said:

Not without his provider tag... 🤣

Yes he can, if he post it on this very thread. The provider tag only apply to post on OFFERS section.

Also, he can always reapply. The MOD will gladly give it back.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • ps20090ps20090 Member

@hawc said:
    Provider tag revoked

Damn, you did that? I kinda low-key feel bad for cociu. I dunno what is going on but it was fun reading drama on his threads like , he would get so angry and say no you tell me, question 1, do you have sister?. I used his VPS as seedbox/personal media Plex for long time and I felt I got quite value for my money but I am sad also, like I added like $100 USD for 50% credit promo and like some servers paid for like 3 years in advance. I would be sad if he is deadpooled not just financially but also like freedom to download from public trackers cause DMCA notices scare me (I have some servers from Kimsufi and onkine.net but I use only private trackers on them).

• zafouharzafouhar Veteran

@hawc said:
    Provider tag revoked

Finally some action, hope he is banned for life aswell.

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited May 2021

i dont understand ppl that wish the worst on someone else there's too much speculation without enough facts regardless

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

On one hand I find it sad and a bit harsh that @cociu lost his provider status, but on the other hand ... well, no FYI, no ETA, no communication at all in such a situation triggers ugly consequences.

@yokowasis said:
    Also, he can always reapply [for a provider tag]. The MOD will gladly give it back.

While I wish cociu well I'm not so sure about that. As I've already said the real problem wasn't/isn't the technical side; the real problem is that cociu's word and promises have virtually no value (too many times broken) and being incommunicado in a situation with multiple nodes and parts of the network down just is not acceptable.
    If cociu had provided a short status report, even just 2 or 3 lines every other day this whole thing would have evolved very differently.

If I were in charge (as a mod) my offer to cociu would be something along the line "You get your provider back - plus a stern warning. Should you ever again make empty promises or fail to communicate at least within 24 hrs. and every 48 hrs. in case of a problem concerning more than a handful of customers/VPSs you'll be banned for min. 6 months!"

@zafouhar said:
    Finally some action, hope he is banned for life aswell.

[deleted] I just hope that some day you'll get to taste your own medicine

• Who will pay me 200€ trip to Romania so I can go to cocius house and ask him for interview about this?

Bosnia to Romania:

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@amadex1337 said:
    Who will pay me 200€ trip to Romania so I can go to cocius house and ask him for interview about this?

Bosnia to Romania:

Kickstart it

• lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

@amadex1337 said: trip to Romania

LOL! In-person support like the 1800s hehe

From https://bgpview.io/asn/44220:
    (not intending to dox, this is just widely published public info that is probably the lawyer's address or some mailbox but would give you a general idea of the area of Romania. I can't find it on Google maps so I assume it's fake anyways)

Republicii nr 51 Bl B ap 10,
    Oradea,
    ROMANIA

Thanked by 1amadex1337
  • amadex1337amadex1337 Member
    edited May 2021

I was married to a Romanian sister, our marriage has deadpooled too. I guess I will nothing ever put into Romania, my files nor something else ^^ :D

• @amadex1337 said:
    I was married to a Romanian sister, our marriage has deadpooled too. I guess I will nothing ever put into Romania, my files nor something else ^^ :D

>

more sisters

• lonealonea Member, Host Rep

The pool is dead.

This discussion has been closed.