Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services! - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services!

Comments

• serv_eeserv_ee Member
    edited May 2021

@MikePT said:

@thedp said:
    If he's really swamped and he can't make it himself, he should at least relay some updates or news to his customers through Mike (though Mike's only providing support and nothing more) or any HS rep (if there's any).

The RCA can come later but there needs to be an FYI/A to begin with.

I've discussed this today with Marius and told him that he really needs to explain what's going on - so far, I know very little details as well, trying my best to help you guys, but this was a storage issue / hardware fail, presumably due to a failed UPS.

So almost a week and he can't login and say "Sorry guys, UPS fucked up". Yeaaaah. Nah.

WHMCS has an global announcement option as well. I guess people here are right, if you sign up don't expect nothing, you're a cash cow at best.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Just to be clear, most if not all, that are currently down, are storage accounts?

• defaultdefault Veteran

@deank said:
    Just to be clear, most if not all, that are currently down, are storage accounts?

No. I made the same assumption, but it seems some small VPS services are also down. They are all in same location though.

edited May 2021

Bah, those small VPS must have been just bystanders that got caught in a crossfire. Forget'em.

• defaultdefault Veteran

@MikePT said:
    [...] presumably due to a failed UPS.

If this is the reason, I would want cociu to take some pictures of it, then make a video of staff hitting it, or smashing it with a hammer on behalf of all the customers, or shoot it with guns on a firing range.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • ofitofit Member

@default said:

@deank said:

No. I made the same assumption, but it seems some small VPS services are also down. They are all in same location though.

only VPS with HDD (storage and small) in Oradeo but all of them

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited May 2021

@deank said:

Since May 15th, the network became unstable, resulting in daily outages in Oradea.
    Network speeds basically dropped below 10Mbit.

However, the outages are not long, maybe even related to people trying to pull there backups out all at once.
    I can't say for sure that these things are related.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@ofit said:

It's Oradea, not Oradeo

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@MikePT said:

@thedp said:
    If he's really swamped and he can't make it himself, he should at least relay some updates or news to his customers through Mike (though Mike's only providing support and nothing more) or any HS rep (if there's any).

The RCA can come later but there needs to be an FYI/A to begin with.

I've discussed this today with Marius and told him that he really needs to explain what's going on - so far, I know very little details as well, trying my best to help you guys, but this was a storage issue / hardware fail, presumably due to a failed UPS.

Cheers Mike.

It's not like I had anything there but I was merely making a point for those who are impacted and have been eagerly looking forward to some kind of communication/update on the current situation from HS and/or their rep.

Thanked by 1MikePT

So, assuming that he has deliberately taken down all storage accounts and started to run his own chia plots, what are the chances that he will be able to pay off his debt of 60k in time?

0%, I believe.

Thanked by 1pnklz
  • LeviLevi Member

@deank said: what are the chances that he will be able to pay off his debt of 60k in time?

That would be unbelievable.

Probably he has very limited internet capacity due to outstanding GTT debt. Let's wait for court decision regarding bankruptcy.

Please bring more speculations on the table, salted with trolling and naivety.

• Something I don't understand, if there was/is a hardware failure or UPS failure, surely having such a critical bottleneck across multiple servers is a catastrophe waiting to happen? He wouldn't have been that inept would he, my sisters?

edited May 2021

The art of lowend = Put everything in one basket.

• FalzoFalzo Member

@deank said:
    So, assuming that he has deliberately taken down all storage accounts and started to run his own chia plots, what are the chances that he will be able to pay off his debt of 60k in time?

it does not work that way anyway because the plots needs to be created first. if he'd want to do that he'd need to sacrifice the nvmes first and only then slowly take back the storage.

also it might not be a 60k debt yet. at least that is what HS is going to tell you and most likely the reason why it's going to court.
    someone says you own them. you say no. a judge is called to find out/decide who's right...

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

... the network became unstable, resulting in daily outages in Oradea.

and

GTT (network cut off?)

No. I just tested (again) and both Oradea and Bucarest go via 'twelf99' (Telia) and both networks (45.14 and 188.213) are OK and actually significantly faster than before (with m247 iirc). Both systems on 193.148.x.x (to which I have access) connections drop at the Telia-HostSolutions hand over.

So, we know that

• HostSolutions is NOT cut off from the network
    • Most (in fact all, it seems) connections go via Telia which is one of the best providers (and btw justifiably more expensive than low and mid end carriers)
    • the problem seems to be limited to 1 network, namely 193.148
    • the problem seems to be limited to 1 part of 1 location (in BUC if I'm not mistaken)
    • the problem seems to NOT be related to the GTT issue

The problem seems to not be a killer; I've seen far worse. What highly likely IS the killer is that @cociu unfortunately behaves like an idiotic a__hole by being totally absent here and by not providing any info, ETA, etc.

Thanked by 1DreamCaster
  • I hope he is OK because I want his services later.

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

@angstrom said:

@ofit said:

It's Oradea, not Oradeo

Oreo?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@jsg said:

I do also see problems in 89.35, BUC on Telia, the speeds are unstable, trying to do a benchmark, the connection went down and the machine is unreachable.

• zappatazappata Member

Options to report a crime in Romania:
    https://e-justice.europa.eu/content_rights_of_victims_of_crime_in_criminal_proceedings-171-RO-maximizeMS-en.do?clang=en&idSubpage=6&member=1

I know, there are no chances to get any money back, but if he runs away with the money it shouldn't be that easy.

Thanked by 1LowLowLow
  • @angstrom said: It's Oradea, not Oradeo

Another rodeo. :|

• Mine is/was on a 188.240 network, still dead

• EddingEdding Member

@jsg said:

... the network became unstable, resulting in daily outages in Oradea.

and

GTT (network cut off?)

No. I just tested (again) and both Oradea and Bucarest go via 'twelf99' (Telia) and both networks (45.14 and 188.213) are OK and actually significantly faster than before (with m247 iirc). Both systems on 193.148.x.x (to which I have access) connections drop at the Telia-HostSolutions hand over.

So, we know that

• HostSolutions is NOT cut off from the network
    • Most (in fact all, it seems) connections go via Telia which is one of the best providers (and btw justifiably more expensive than low and mid end carriers)
    • the problem seems to be limited to 1 network, namely 193.148
    • the problem seems to be limited to 1 part of 1 location (in BUC if I'm not mistaken)
    • the problem seems to NOT be related to the GTT issue

The problem seems to not be a killer; I've seen far worse. What highly likely IS the killer is that @cociu unfortunately behaves like an idiotic a__hole by being totally absent here and by not providing any info, ETA, etc.

Mine is on 45.14 on bucssd3 node and its down the whole node atually.

@Neoon said:
    I do also see problems in 89.35, BUC on Telia, the speeds are unstable, trying to do a benchmark, the connection went down and the machine is unreachable.

I have access to only 1 system on 89.35 and it works largely OK, although it's via M247 and significantly slower than the systems via Telia. I can confirm though that there are intermittent failures.

I also just ran a quick network benchmark and had to note that the M247 network (still) is rather poor. LON and PAR ca. 125 Mb/s, FRA just 60, MIL even just 25, yuck.

@Edding said:

Well I of course don't have access to all nodes but out of the 9 to which I do have access 7 are OK. Unfortunately the 1 I own and pay for is among the "dead" nodes.

• jokjokjokjok Member
    edited May 2021

My production site is down for a week now and I will move on today. It was my first time with them and I didnt know the past. I gave them the benefit of the doubt until now and the money I've spent are peanuts anyway, but the disrespect not to write one simple sentence is too much for me. Which means if possible I'll ask my money back from paypal, not because I need it but because of principle. A dick move in return to a dick move.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • @jsg said:

@Neoon said:

I have access to only 1 system on 89.35 and it works largely OK, although it's via M247 and significantly slower than the systems via Telia. I can confirm though that there are intermittent failures.

I also just ran a quick network benchmark and had to note that the M247 network (still) is rather poor. LON and PAR ca. 125 Mb/s, FRA just 60, MIL even just 25, yuck.

@Edding said:

Well I of course don't have access to all nodes but out of the 9 to which I do have access 7 are OK. Unfortunately the 1 I own and pay for is among the "dead" nodes.

Telia to be considered as not very good transit provider in general or are they one of the better carriers?

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited May 2021

Cociucoin is a bit like crypto. Sometimes it looks like it is crashing hard without end and sometimes it spikes in sales with storage deals going to the moon. The lack of communication very well fuels various rumors and fears which are spreading throughout the green forums, making sure we have that high volatility from crypto. Those of you that have been around for years know very well to HODL: 5 years from now there will be an update on the situation we talk about today, new sisters and deals going to the moon ;)

TL;DR: Buy Cociucoin! Now!

• @Ympker said:
    Cociucoin is a bit like crypto. Sometimes it looks like it is crashing hard without end and sometimes it spikes in sales with storage deals going to the moon. The lack of communication very well fuels various rumors and fears to spread making sure we have that high volatility from crypto.

TL;DR: Buy Cociucoin! Now!

Yes, already though about maybe this silence is part of the show. You need to disappoint people hard to lower their expectations so he can do a 10% deposit bonus and thus take a more sustainable path.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • titustitus Member

@jsg said: the problem seems to be limited to 1 network, namely 193.148

My small VPS with them also offline: 188.240.208.XXX
    And I have no active/unpaid invoice in the WHMCS (the VM is paid till: 17/05/2021)
    (Ticket ID: #596538, Submitted: 15/05/2021)

@webcraft said:
    Telia to be considered as not very good transit provider in general or are they one of the better carriers?

One of the best.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

May be he is facing some personal crisis ? Corona ...

Thanked by 1pbx
This discussion has been closed.