Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services! - Page 11
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services!

Comments

• sornasorna Member

Q: Both personally and professionally, what guiding principles ground you?
    A: I am a very transparent person.

(https://lowendbox.com/blog/interview-qa-with-hostsolutions-marius-cociu/)

Sure bro... but honestly i am still looking forward to rent my servers at his place, if such things don't happen too often...

Thanked by 2yoursunny pbx
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@lonea said:
    The pool is dead.

Thanked by 1maverickp
  • Out of loop for a few days, what's the most recent update now?

• LeviLevi Member

@JerryHou said:
    Out of loop for a few days, what's the most recent update now?

Deadpool imminent , chargeback if possible. Abandon all hope.

Thanked by 1JerryHou
  • stdeynastdeyna Member

the captain has left the boat, save your self!

@JerryHou said:
    Out of loop for a few days, what's the most recent update now?

Nothings changed, just speculation and memes.

@jsg seems to have some insider information, but it's so insider that not even the support staff can confirm it.

Francisco

• ApeWebApeWeb Member, Host Rep

Looks like the court date is set for today. Hopefully some more information will be published in the justice ministries website later today.

• coldcold Member

@zappata said:
    Options to report a crime in Romania:
    https://e-justice.europa.eu/content_rights_of_victims_of_crime_in_criminal_proceedings-171-RO-maximizeMS-en.do?clang=en&idSubpage=6&member=1

I know, there are no chances to get any money back, but if he runs away with the money it shouldn't be that easy.

you watch 2much C.S.I bruhh

Thanked by 1vedran
  • HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2021

The cheap offers will break your neck sooner or later.

I had some anger earlier because some of their customers contacting me. Wanted 1tb kvm storage (same spec as his 39USD/year) and asking even a cheaper price (35USD) and telling me they are unreliable and he cant access his VPS.
    "Not interested" my only reply. What are peoples thinking?

35usd is 28,61€ minus VAT i need to give the gov. In the end a amount i wouldnt even care about. If customer has to pay 20% VAT, this is 23/24€ minus Payment gateway fees and all.
    Maybe 2€/m, for this to feed Datacenter running costs, hardware, bandwidth, power, ips... Need to sell 100x (or also 100TB of storage!!!) of this just to have only a 200€.
    Pure loss.

• LowEnd Law and Order Romania

• randomqrandomq Member

@amadex1337 damn dude you're gonna walk?

(When you get there please tell him I'm sorry for plotting the past few weeks, and could he load my files onto a few 10TB USB drives? Thanks.)

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited May 2021

@Francisco said:
    Nothings changed, just speculation and memes.

Plain wrong. Something important has changed: The provider lost his provider tag. Plus at least some concrete data and information was provided,

@jsg seems to have some insider information, but it's so insider that not even the support staff can confirm it.

Uhm, "funny". So when sharing what a reliable inside source told me - well noted with the good intention of shining what little light I had to offer in the otherwise dark situation - someone finds some weird perspective looking from which I might look bad?
    So would it have been nobler to keep my information to myself?
    And btw., support clearly explained that his area of responsibility is limited plus AFAIK he did not contradict what I have said.

Sad that good will and an attempt to help out a bit end up in such smearing attempts, really sad.

• zappatazappata Member
    edited May 2021

@cold said: you watch 2much C.S.I bruhh

In the early 2000s I got scammed on ebay by a guy from romania (or was it bulgaria)?! When romania entered the EU in 2007 two police officers, who drove 200km to my house, ringed at my door and said that they found my data when they executed a house search in romania and asked me if I want to report a crime, since they believed that I got ripped off. The damage was about 200 euros...

There are a lot of people working in the administration who have to do something for their money. anyway, i got 0 cents back...

• defaultdefault Veteran

@HostSlick said:
    The cheap offers will break your neck sooner or later.

I had some anger earlier because some of their customers contacting me. Wanted 1tb kvm storage (same spec as his 39USD/year) and asking even a cheaper price (35USD) and telling me they are unreliable and he cant access his VPS.
    "Not interested" my only reply. What are peoples thinking?

35usd is 28,61€ minus VAT i need to give the gov. In the end a amount i wouldnt even care about. If customer has to pay 20% VAT, this is 23/24€ minus Payment gateway fees and all.
    Maybe 2€/m, for this to feed Datacenter running costs, hardware, bandwidth, power, ips... Need to sell 100x (or also 100TB of storage!!!) of this just to have only a 200€.
    Pure loss.

This is exactly why I blame Chia. He sold storage at the very bare minimum price, to barely make some profits. Now I believe he can't replace the broken storage, because of Chia, as price of storage exploded by more than 200%.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited May 2021

@acidpuke said: There has been communication so I don't think its Covid Related, Could be another Raid (takedown) on his Servers by the Authorities.

There we no cyber police operations in Romania and Moldova in entire May, only bank raids related to the Latvian Laundromat. I doubt he is Sberbank customer, and even if - no one was arrested.

@amadex1337 said: I was married to a Romanian sister, our marriage has deadpooled too. I guess I will nothing ever put into Romania, my files nor something else ^^

Is that an... Italian marriage certificate? With German on it? While you both are non-EU citizens? How old is this please? lol

Mine is just Croatian, zero english even 🤣, plus a stack of papers for name changes and new ID cards/Passports

• LeviLevi Member

@William said: only bank raids related to the Latvian Laundromat

Where do you get this information?

• coldcold Member

@zappata said:

@cold said: you watch 2much C.S.I bruhh

In the early 2000s I got scammed on ebay by a guy from romania (or was it bulgaria)?! When romania entered the EU in 2007 two police officers, who drove 200km to my house, ringed at my door and said that they found my data when they executed a house search in romania and asked me if I want to report a crime, since they believed that I got ripped off. The damage was about 200 euros...

There are a lot of people working in the administration who have to do something for their money. anyway, i got 0 cents back...

that sounds like Romania

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited May 2021

@LTniger said: Where do you get this information?

I am an Sberbank customer. I had accounts closed in most EU countries by now as the EU cracks down on Sberbank, which is Russian gov owned.

I also get a lot of cybercrime information as i sell it, as well as copies of orders, CCTV material etc. - Information is a big business since some years.

• I forgot about his raid - what happened/what was it about? One day my server was turned off, raised a ticket and never received an answer (it's still open)

• @Francisco said:

@lonea said:
    The pool is dead.

The sister has aids.

@jsg said: Uhm, "funny". So when sharing what a reliable inside source told me - well noted with the good intention of shining what little light I had to offer in the otherwise dark situation - someone finds some weird perspective looking from which I might look bad?

Their own staff claim they've heard nothing from anyone.

If they did and are hiding that fact, then they're doing a disservice to the community and the company.

You're the only one in the entire community, including at least 1 - 2 of their full time support staff, that have heard anything about this from a "reliable source". Maybe they are, maybe it's right from the horses mouth. They should spend 2 minutes to post on here.

That'll clear up what's going on and whats with the lawsuit. If they want to be really helpful they could even explain where all those credit top up funds went. As of now, unless he's pumping a lot of his own personal funds into it for fun, he has a lot of credit liabilities he can't honor.

Francisco

• edited May 2021

@amadex1337 said:
    I was married to a Romanian sister, our marriage has deadpooled too. I guess I will nothing ever put into Romania, my files nor something else ^^

At my job, I became engaged to a Romanian working in the United States on a K1 Visa. A year and a half into our relationship, I discovered an engraved engagement ring in her room. I called her best friend (& my friend too) who told me she was already engaged to a Romanian back home. She told me there was more stuff going on that I hadn't yet discovered.

I drove to her house without her expecting me to confront her early in the morning and my male co-worker's car was parked in her driveway. Turns out he had slept over but at least I eventually got my engagement ring back.

In her case, she was raised in the poorest of circumstances & survival took a front seat to morals & ethics. I didn't understand the impact low socio-economic status leaves on the lack of importance someone in her shoes places on faithfulness. She was not necessarily looking for "true love" but for a way to insure food & houseing for herself & her family. They can pretend to be "in love" but it may be just a show.

She was just looking for the first person who would marry her so she could remain permanently in the United States. She never found that person & is now back in Romania.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

From a provider deadpooling to relationships deadpooling.

This is LET! :D

• WilliamWilliam Member

@Offshore_Solutions said: In her case, she was raised in the poorest of circumstances & survival took a front seat to morals & ethics. I didn't understand the impact low socio-economic status leaves on the lack of importance someone in her shoes places on faithfulness. She was not necessarily looking for "true love" but for a way to insure food & houseing for herself & her family. They can pretend to be "in love" but it may be just a show.

I see you have zero idea of the balkans, because thats pretty much how it works here. Only once you have children she is bound to you, for good or worse.

• days of our lives episode 13,265 and....action!

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • @William said:

@acidpuke said: There has been communication so I don't think its Covid Related, Could be another Raid (takedown) on his Servers by the Authorities.

There we no cyber police operations in Romania and Moldova in entire May, only bank raids related to the Latvian Laundromat. I doubt he is Sberbank customer, and even if - no one was arrested.

@amadex1337 said: I was married to a Romanian sister, our marriage has deadpooled too. I guess I will nothing ever put into Romania, my files nor something else ^^

Is that an... Italian marriage certificate? With German on it? While you both are non-EU citizens? How old is this please? lol

Mine is just Croatian, zero english even 🤣, plus a stack of papers for name changes and new ID cards/Passports

Switzerland, 2017

• Jona4sJona4s Member
    edited May 2021

Ehm.. is cociu a known guy?

I hope I'm wrong, but I know a romanian hacker in the hosting industry. Not someone I would like to talk about really. But he had a similar nickname, and his name started with C...

If cociu is legit, then he is not related, but who knows.

• My VPS at HS is still up.
    Node: bucssd2

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2021

@Jona4s said:
    Ehm.. is cociu a known guy?

I hope I'm wrong, but I know a romanian hacker in the hosting industry, and his name started with CL***

If cociu is legit, then he is not related, but who knows.

He's known and his name is Marius, so nowhere near Cl**

Thanked by 1Jona4s
  • WilliamWilliam Member

@Jona4s said: Not someone I would like to talk about really. But he had a similar nickname, and his name started with C...

Unrelated. Also an idiot, but more intelligent.

Thanked by 1Jona4s
This discussion has been closed.