Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services! - Page 15
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services!

Comments

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@LTniger said: Everything runs on Raid 0.

By the way, do we know this for sure?

• BBTNBBTN Member

@LTniger said:
    Everything runs on Raid 0.

Before his Message my heart ran on Raid0, just as a single device. xD

• @cociu said: first of all i have to ask apologise for my absence so i will not explain way i have been absent here but i can asure everyone i have dedicate all my time in the last week

Was it too much though to just add a single sentence such as "we're facing an issue with one of our storage arrays and we're trying to resolve the issue as soon as we can" without keeping your customers waiting for a week?

Thanked by 2HaendlerIT jsg
  • Mhnn... Not very satisfying. What about the bankruptcy? I'm not returning, too much hassle, rather stay at new host (though more expensive).

• @angstrom said:

Of course its a joke.. Nobody would be that stupid to ran RAID0 with such amount of drives.. Right?

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@cociu wish you all the best! Take the day off regarding and try getting rid of that depression :)

@ApeWeb said:
    Only took a week to respond. What does involucrated mean?

I always learn new vocabulary when Cociu posts something. Not bad, I guess ;)

Thanked by 1BBTN

@stefeman said:

@angstrom said:

Of course its a joke.. Nobody would be that stupid to ran RAID0 with such amount of drives.. Right?

I wasn't sure whether I had missed something and that everyone else knew for sure that he ran RAID 0! :)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited May 2021

@cociu said: In the day 12.05.2021 we have find 1 big storage netup down with+ 3000 clients involucrated in this so we have try to recuperate the data but unsucces.

@ApeWeb said: What does involucrated mean?

It's the past tense of involucrate, which means "a collection or rosette of bracts subtending a flower cluster, umbel, or the like".

So I guess it was some kind of attack by the flower kingdom. They're probably mad that so many of their kind have been victims of Marius' perfume empire.

• bjobjo Member

When using a RAID0 now all data would be lost.

• MarcoooMarcooo Member, Host Rep

I dont think all the 400 drives are in the same machine.

Poor @cociu , it's really not an opportune time to need to acquire disks at normal prices :neutral:

@bjo said:
    When using a RAID0 now all data would be lost.

True, and @cociu says that they were able to recover around 50 disks so far ... so I guess that we can conclude that he doesn't use RAID 0 after all ...

• BBTNBBTN Member
    edited May 2021

@cociu said:
    What i think to do and hope is restablish the old service until the clients can migrate the data and offer a same service with 1 year for free to all clients involucrated in this (To note from all our services the issue is only in some storage plans , the rest is up an running so the compensation will be only for the clients from this Rack wich was fucked.)

3 of 3 VM are gone for me. So I've exhausted all my misfortune for 2021, yet, I guess!?
    I don't really care for any data loss on those machines. - Good luck in getting everything up and running again!

• @cociu said: 400 hdd of 12tb

Powered by only a dual e5-2450L, no wonder why VM is slow.

• cochoncochon Member

@cociu said:
    What i think to do and hope is restablish the old service until the clients can migrate the data and offer a same service

Not sure from that if the expectation is to recover customer data from the old array(s).

I'm sure many like me only use their instance as a 'long stop' backup or transit area, and would be more than happy to forego their old data if that helps the recovery plan. Just a suggestion...

Thanked by 2skorous dahartigan
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@cociu

Thanks for personally updating everyone on the current situation.

@cociu said: Like i have told always hostsolutions will not dissapper , is my life there , many hours inverted and this is not a plan to close.

That's good to know and I'm sure lots of people here wants you to be around providing services to them. There's always room for improvements.

@cociu said: EDIT : Monday will came with a full plan for pass this bad step.

Take it step by step and don't rush into things.

If you need any sort of advice, don't hesitate or feel ashamed to reach out to other providers, or even community members. Listen to everyone and learn from everyone. Nobody knows everything but everyone knows something.

One thing's for sure, you definitely need to appoint a rep in places you advertise and sell your products and services.

• serv_eeserv_ee Member

Imagine what slack all the higher end providers would get for an answer like that.

Just cause you're paying less shouldn't mean you can be treated like shit but oh well. Each to their own.

Thanked by 2seriesn BlaZe
  • SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

involucrated !

But since he is back, I will buy his new offers..

Just wondering how one can get 400 drives corrupted at same time ..

• WilliamWilliam Member

@Saahib said: Just wondering how one can get 400 drives corrupted at same time ..

Loose power.

• kudukukuduku Member

As per the update only storage VPS were affected but few people had posted about SSD and NVMe nodes also being offline
    Was that just for more drama or actually were offline ?
    Asking as mine NVMe wasnt offline during this outage

• BBTNBBTN Member

@Saahib said:
    involucrated !

But since he is back, I will buy his new offers..

• ShazanShazan Member, Host Rep

@Saahib said:

@William said:
    Loose power.

A whole rack I suppose, not just a node.

• @Jorbox said:
    lowendtalk : why hostsolutions servers down for days ?
    cociu:
    lowendtalk : understandable have a nice day.

😂

Thanked by 1William
  • FalzoFalzo Member

zxhost anyone?

I'll probably never understand why some providers act like this. why would a provider in that situation not reach out to the affected clients first , tell that shit hit the fan and a lot is broken.
    be upfront, declare how highly (un)likely it is to recover the data and ask if people rather want to have their service redeployed empty elsewhere or if they want to wait for recovery attempts which may take xy days or weeks or if they want a refund.

that way you can split the tasks and handle easy cases first, esp. redeploying (assuming you have some room spare for that) and also eventually need less temp space for recovery and all that. essentially you want to get rid of as many customers breathing down your neck as possible - especially for those low priced stuff.

most likely even cheaper to lose half of them instead of trying to get your hands on new disks right now...

it's good to recover/move out the data instead of having the raid rebuild, though. raid50/60 with these large disks are prone to fail because of UREs, this has been discussed quite some times before.

best of luck!

• BBTNBBTN Member

@Falzo said:
    zxhost anyone?
    (...)
    best of luck!

Totally this^^! While I suspect that @cociu will miss it. - And yes, Ashley!

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited May 2021

So...

Was it a UPS issue, or not?

Edit:

Or is it an Oops! issue ?

• LeviLevi Member

@vyas11 said:
    So...

You will never know the truth. It is very unlikely that multiple servers malfunction from standard power outage, even if there multiple shortages. PSU of modern server has fail safe. Massive, multi server damage may happen from flooding, fire or fuck*n emp.

• bdlbdl Member

@vyas11 said:
    So...

The UPS may have been interrupted. :lol:

Thanked by 2vyas11 bulbasaur
  • Just wipe the drives and start over. I doubt anyone here would mind, drive prices being what they are because of china miners etc

• fragpicfragpic Member

A UPS failure can cause data corruption sure, but how would that even destroy the drives?
    Like one power outage and half the drives are gone?
    That is some grade A bs.

Thanked by 1Inglar
This discussion has been closed.