Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services! - Page 16
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services!

Comments

• @dahartigan said:
    Just wipe the drives and start over. I doubt anyone here would mind, drive prices being what they are because of china miners etc

100% this ^^

If anyone hosted anything crucial on these servers - thats completely on them.

Thanked by 2dahartigan BBTN
  • labraxlabrax Member

seems chia coin is the stressing hdd, hoping every storage providers following scaleway to ban chia networks

Thanked by 2miu TimboJones
  • miumiu Member
    edited May 2021

@stevewatson301 said:

@cociu said: first of all i have to ask apologise for my absence so i will not explain way i have been absent here but i can asure everyone i have dedicate all my time in the last week

Was it too much though to just add a single sentence such as "we're facing an issue with one of our storage arrays and we're trying to resolve the issue as soon as we can" without keeping your customers waiting for a week?

Pls be notified: His clients are fine with this, and after week response is normal response time there. Also his clients are fine with regular 1-2 weeks outages, it is in the price.

Before time seized 70 servers, now 400 failed HDDs, fairy tales of the old mother (y) :+1:

But i am pretty sure when he will return back for sale here, still enough ppl will buy again, unteachable

Thanked by 2vyas11 BlaZe
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited May 2021

@miu said: Pls be notified: His clients are fine with this, and after week response is normal response time there. Also his clients are fine with regular 1-2 weeks outages, it is in the price

lol

• miumiu Member
    edited May 2021

I don't want to be unfair, but I don't think any other provider (maybe only alpharack..) here has shown as many failures as this one, and most of the time it's always bad someone else, not him. maybe he should try it with perfumes, maybe it will be better there. Some time ago I made a decision STRICTLY not to buy anything more doubtfully and I did very well. Thanks to this I saved a lot of time, headaches, nerves and money

Thanked by 3webcraft BlaZe Hotmarer
  • caracalcaracal Member

@Falzo said:
    zxhost anyone?

I wonder if @AshleyUk is still amongst us

• sibapersibaper Member
    edited May 2021

this drama almost over. See ya in the next episodes

• ps20090ps20090 Member

@caracal said: I wonder if @AshleyUk is still amongst us

What's the story about zxhost? I joined LET late, don't know their story lol

• caracalcaracal Member
    edited May 2021

@ps20090 said:

Start here :P https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/126521/what-happened-to-this-site-www-zxhost-co-uk

then here: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/129635/do-you-have-a-problem-with-zxhost/p1

• elliotcelliotc Member

Does deadpool come back to life? :o

Thanked by 2BBTN LowLowLow
  • LeviLevi Member

@caracal said:

@ps20090 said:

Start here :P https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/126521/what-happened-to-this-site-www-zxhost-co-uk

That was delicious! On a par with gvh drama.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited May 2021

So I guessed it right, it was that evil Chia.

You bastard Chia plots and your flowers!

May you be transformed into chips!

Thanked by 2bdl dahartigan
  • FalzoFalzo Member

@LTniger said:

@caracal said:

@ps20090 said:

That was delicious! On a par with gvh drama.

To be fair, zxhost delivered very decent performance for two or three years before multiple problems with their storage setup (afaik ceph) started and incoming flood of chargebacks broke it's neck. I'll blame the latter on not so good communication and slow reaction on disputes/chargebacks.

As said above, if in serious trouble with lots of low margin clients, the best client then might be the one gone with a quick refund.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@LTniger said:
    ... all rationale towards his [cociu's] incompetence will be defended by fanatics like @TimboJones or @jsg .

BS! While I was driven mostly by wanting to get and see factual information on the situation, I did, in fact, strongly criticize @cociu's going incommunicado; I also clearly stated that that is the killer (and not the tech problem per se).

TL;DR : No money for hardware replacement. Everything runs on Raid 0. 1 year free after fiasco resolves (eventually).

BS! In fact cociu said that he is trying to find a feasible solution to get new hardware. Wrt Raid 0, 1, or whatever: pure speculation from you, no facts known.

You will never know the truth. It is very unlikely that multiple servers malfunction from standard power outage, even if there multiple shortages. PSU of modern server has fail safe. Massive, multi server damage may happen from flooding, fire or fuck*n emp.

BS again! (a) the hold up time of PS (modern or not; it's specified in "standards") is in the 10 ms maybe 20 ms range, (b) disks are among the bigger power consumers, and (c) disks, especially spindles are sensitive to power loss (yes, enterprise disks less so but I'm confident that a super-cheap operation doesn't buy those).

@fragpic said:
    A UPS failure can cause data corruption sure, but how would that even destroy the drives?
    Like one power outage and half the drives are gone?

Spindles are known to be sensitive (head crash).

@labrax said:
    seems chia coin is the stressing hdd, hoping every storage providers following scaleway to ban chia networks

Interesting question. AFAIK chia does not harm spindles. Actually it doesn't harm any drive type but uses up flash (NVMe, SSD) capacity quite quickly due to sheer volume.
    So I guess chia only plays a role by being said to have driven up drive prices - which may or may not be a major factor. Keep in mind that semiconductor prices in general have gone up; chia probably is only a minor factor.

@cociu

There simply is no excuse for not even a single FYI post in a week. Period. And any damage to HostSolutions business was mainly created by you, not the disks, UPS, or whatever.

I wish you good luck and success but you behaved like an careless idiot, sorry.

• msattmsatt Member

@jsg said: I wish you good luck and success but you behaved like an careless idiot, sorry.

Can't agree with all @jsg comments, but above is certainly accurate.

As far as head crashes on power failure - while it could happen it would be rare. Data corruption is certainly possible and much more likely. Head crashes are likely if the drive is subject to shock (bump).

• LeviLevi Member

400 hard disk drives failed due to power failure? 400. Not 4, not 40, but 400.

• serv_eeserv_ee Member

@LTniger said:

Its bullshit.

Just like his magical tunnel was.

• LeeLee Veteran

@LTniger said: 400 hard disk drives failed due to power failure? 400. Not 4, not 40, but 400.

Agree, a power failure can be very damaging, experienced it myself. 400 HDD all at the same time, hard to believe.

Thanked by 2fragpic BlaZe
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited May 2021

This may not be the best time to buy disks but it could be the best time to sell some if you have 400x12TB HDDs and there's an offer you cannot refuse. #justsaying :)

Thanked by 2yoursunny tolovall
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@LTniger said:

I don't think that a whole array of disks dies because there's a power failure but we can't judge it anyway because we have very little information available. The "power failure/UPS" thing comes from a single source, @MikePT, who got it from @cociu who says himself that he isn't a techie.
    So all we can do (so far) is to speculate - and based on very little and not necessarily correct information.

And frankly, who cares anyway? What probably virtually everyone (concerned at all) wants is to know (a) when will the VPS be online again, and (b) how much data can be saved. I personally would add some more questions like. e.g. what HostSolutions has learned from the situation and how they'll make sure that it doesn't repeat and that our data are safe there but then most of cociu's customers aren't there for excellence, they are there for very low prices.

Hint: (At least for the time being) HostSolution's storage offers should be considered additional backup and purchased as such (read: if it goes belly up you have another and real backup).

• Does @cociu ever have a trivial problem? It's always some impossibly large number of things involved (or should I say "involucrated")? 75 servers being operated by pedos, 400 hard disks failing with 3000 clients being affected, and so on.

• I 've been with hostsolutions for like 3 years and had no problems till now.. Actually more reiable than some others (cheap) american, german, italian vps I had before, getting hacked or terminating the service without notice, servicing me way less than 3 years. Personally, I hope that my vps will be restored, even if that will mean waiting a bit longer, since my backup is 3 months old or so

• @kurageart said: Actually more reiable than some others (cheap) american, german, italian vps I had before, getting hacked

Getting hacked is not the provider's problem.
    What it proves though, is that the cociu VPS was probably running very slowly or even completely shut down, so the hackers couldn't ever get in.

Thanked by 4lentro ps20090 miu Inglar
  • serv_eeserv_ee Member

I am sorry if I've hurt someone's feelings in this topic and this will be my last post in this thread.

"Hosts" like this make a bad name for LE hosts. You have @seriesn you have @Francisco you have @hostworld and even @Clouvider with his offers once in a while. (I'm sure I'm missing a lot of hosts, I just named the ones I have actually used or use right now, sorry I'm sure you're all good people and hosts).

These frequent 50% credit and what not deals are NOT sustainable, these outages are ridiculous and somehow he is still getting praised for it or getting "good feedback". What are you guys? Really so cash starved that you won't pay even an euro more a month for a service that you are getting treated right at least? Fucking hell.

Good luck to everyone with this. IMHO it's just a matter of time.

• cybmp3cybmp3 Member

@cociu said:
    Hello All ,

first of all i have to ask apologise for my absence so i will not explain way i have been absent here but i can asure everyone i have dedicate all my time in the last week to resolve this issue. so i will try to be more explicit i can because stay here to chat will consume my time in resolve the issue :

In the day 12.05.2021 we have find 1 big storage netup down with+ 3000 clients involucrated in this so we have try to recuperate the data but unsucces.

unfortunatly from 400 hdd of 12tb each we have recuperate like 50 until now. he big problem in this period is buy new hdd due of the shit coin chia because the price in new hardware is almost 3x more exensive than normal so i have dedicated all my time infind a solution to have new hdd as rapid i can to have the posibility to migrate the data from the affected hdd.

What i think to do and hope is restablish the old service until the clients can migrate the data and offer a same service with 1 year for free to all clients involucrated in this (To note from all our services the issue is only in some storage plans , the rest is up an running so the compensation will be only for the clients from this Rack wich was fucked.)

I have not connect here to ask merci because i dont need it , i have connect to update a little the problem as i have been driving 3 times the way oradea to bucharest in 1 week.

We will came with a final decision Monday as i need 1 day for me because i am almost depressed due of this .

Also we will offer full refound for the remain month service for the users who will ask for.

EDIT : Like i have told always hostsolutions will not dissapper , is my life there , many hours inverted and this is not a plan to close.

EDIT : Thanks all users from here who call me personally to offer his support. This mean much for me .

EDIT : Monday will came with a full plan for pass this bad step.

Thanks All ,
    Marius

Perhaps You should consider buy the hard disk from Malaysia or Hongkong.
    They delivery fast and sufficient of goods.

• M66BM66B Veteran

@serv_ee said:
    I am sorry if I've hurt someone's feelings in this topic and this will be my last post in this thread.

"Hosts" like this make a bad name for LE hosts. You have @seriesn you have @Francisco you have @hostworld and even @Clouvider with his offers once in a while. (I'm sure I'm missing a lot of hosts, I just named the ones I have actually used or use right now, sorry I'm sure you're all good people and hosts).

These frequent 50% credit and what not deals are NOT sustainable, these outages are ridiculous and somehow he is still getting praised for it or getting "good feedback". What are you guys? Really so cash starved that you won't pay even an euro more a month for a service that you are getting treated right at least? Fucking hell.

Good luck to everyone with this. IMHO it's just a matter of time.

The answer is simple: depressed company owners will attract depressed customers.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited May 2021

@cybmp3 said:

@cociu said:
    Hello All ,

first of all i have to ask apologise for my absence so i will not explain way i have been absent here but i can asure everyone i have dedicate all my time in the last week to resolve this issue. so i will try to be more explicit i can because stay here to chat will consume my time in resolve the issue :

In the day 12.05.2021 we have find 1 big storage netup down with+ 3000 clients involucrated in this so we have try to recuperate the data but unsucces.

unfortunatly from 400 hdd of 12tb each we have recuperate like 50 until now. he big problem in this period is buy new hdd due of the shit coin chia because the price in new hardware is almost 3x more exensive than normal so i have dedicated all my time infind a solution to have new hdd as rapid i can to have the posibility to migrate the data from the affected hdd.

What i think to do and hope is restablish the old service until the clients can migrate the data and offer a same service with 1 year for free to all clients involucrated in this (To note from all our services the issue is only in some storage plans , the rest is up an running so the compensation will be only for the clients from this Rack wich was fucked.)

I have not connect here to ask merci because i dont need it , i have connect to update a little the problem as i have been driving 3 times the way oradea to bucharest in 1 week.

We will came with a final decision Monday as i need 1 day for me because i am almost depressed due of this .

Also we will offer full refound for the remain month service for the users who will ask for.

EDIT : Like i have told always hostsolutions will not dissapper , is my life there , many hours inverted and this is not a plan to close.

EDIT : Thanks all users from here who call me personally to offer his support. This mean much for me .

Thanks All ,
    Marius

The quality is usually shit though, if there are stock. Not even the hoarders want it.

• @serv_ee said:
    "Hosts" like this make a bad name for LE hosts. You have @seriesn you have @Francisco you have @hostworld and even @Clouvider with his offers once in a while.

For a promotion to work, the provider has to give some thought into the goals of that promotion, and how it'll make customers stick around. @seriesn's recent offer is a great example of how a promotion should be designed (from a business perspective at least).

Unfortunately, you can have things on the other side of the spectrum, where you offer a shit service and only rely on promotions, and in this case, lie your way out of a bad situation. The aggressive promotions also make it harder to recover when things do go south, because you've hardly been making any money.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • cybmp3cybmp3 Member

@stefeman said:

@cybmp3 said:

@cociu said:
    Hello All ,

Thanks All ,
    Marius

The quality is usually shit though, if there are stock. Not even the hoarders want it.

The quality depends on model not sell location.

This discussion has been closed.