Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services! - Page 17
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services!

Comments

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited May 2021

@cociu said: 3000 clients

https://bgp.he.net/AS44220#_prefixes

2 x /22 = 2048 IP
    3 /24 = 768 IP

My math must be weak because that is not 3000 IP.

Unless SWAZM S.R.L and NETPROTECT SRL are also owned by you?

Not to mention, you have 3 locations. So chances of all these 2816 IP being in one location is slim.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Feels like Mr. Sister-man is carrying the whole LET on his back.

He's the only one left who can command this amount of attention on this forum nowadays.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@seriesn said:

2 x /22 = 2048 IP
    3 /24 = 768 IP

Not to mention, you have 3 locations. So chances of all these 2816 IP being in one location is slim.

184 sisters, but they don't need IP addresses.

Thanked by 1miu
  • @cociu promise them double bandwidth and everything will calm down.

• @seriesn said:

Has anyone used a traceroute to check if the supposed 3 locations actually exist? I mean, anything is possible at this point.

• lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

@stevewatson301 said: 3 locations

Yes, they did. Norway is still up, but both Bucharest and Oradea are down for me so I have no idea if they were both combined or something.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@seriesn said:

2 x /22 = 2048 IP
    3 /24 = 768 IP

He also has all his dedicated customers in there too and I'm assuming they get a /30 or a /29?

Francisco

Thanked by 2Lee miu
  • tolovalltolovall Member
    edited May 2021

@thedp said:
    This may not be the best time to buy disks but it could be the best time to sell some if you have 400x12TB HDDs and there's an offer you cannot refuse. #justsaying :)

@cociu
    Sell your disks and refund. It may pay off your debt (court dispute) and net you profit. Consider it. It is for your own good and other customers.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • JabJabJabJab Member

Plot twist: cociu is using NAT-faster-than-light-tunnel :smiley:

Thanked by 1LowLowLow
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@tolovall said:

@thedp said:
    This may not be the best time to buy disks but it could be the best time to sell some if you have 400x12TB HDDs and there's an offer you cannot refuse. #justsaying :)

@cociu
    Sell your disks and refund. It may net you profit. Consider it.

Honestly, my tinfoil is on tight enough to say that it's where most of the drives went.

Saw drives triple in value, sell them to some Chia group for a massive mark up.

Lets see if the debt to the DC suddenly gets paid in full.

Francisco

• LeeLee Veteran

@Francisco said: Honestly, my tinfoil is on tight enough to say that it's where most of the drives went.

Indeed, or the rack was repo'd.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@Francisco said:

@tolovall said:

@thedp said:

@cociu

Honestly, my tinfoil is on tight enough to say that it's where most of the drives went.

Francisco

• miumiu Member
    edited May 2021

@seriesn said:

2 x /22 = 2048 IP
    3 /24 = 768 IP

Storyteller & Megaloman. He has to make himself interesting by figuring out what a mega huge provider he is, plays here on a massive provider and a big player, and he multiplies his reality by at least ten: maybe 5 pedo's servers seized, he said 70+ (all rent by 1 deviation under 70 different accounts, very believable both).. A few dozen of large hdds, he said that has 400 hdds with 4.8 PB capacity (in Romania, while real large and good providers selling worldwide as Fran or HostHatch, Letbox has maybe 2peta for all customers for whole US or for whole EU, etc..) Instead of focusing on improving the overall quality of services (including support) and fewer = accurate numbers of customers, which is in his ability to take care of and not keep them waiting for a week to answer (or not respond ever), he comes up with bombastic numbers here and plays always on the giant, say how all is improved, then next epic failure and so on, arround.

• momkinmomkin Member

@miu said:

Dude , your signature is very annoying , to much icons :(

• miumiu Member

@momkin said:

@miu said:

Dude , your signature is very annoying , to much icons :(

Apologies for this.. :'( When no icons/smilies, then i should give them ratting from 5 to 1 (stars) i will consider :-)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Falzo said: I'll probably never understand why some providers act like this. why would a provider in that situation not reach out to the affected clients first , tell that shit hit the fan and a lot is broken.

be upfront, declare how highly (un)likely it is to recover the data and ask if people rather want to have their service redeployed empty elsewhere or if they want to wait for recovery attempts which may take xy days or weeks or if they want a refund.

I think @cociu is another example I can add to this article:

https://lowendbox.com/blog/provider-911-responding-when-something-bad-has-happened/

Thanked by 2lentro Falzo
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited May 2021

@Francisco said:

@tolovall said:
    @cociu

Do you have anything beyond a tinfoil hat backing your slander up? How about some facts? Do you happen to have any wrt. @cociu's financial situation?

@miu

Do you have any facts backing your disgusting brainfarting up? So, "Fran or HostHatch, Letbox has maybe 2peta for all customers for whole US or for whole EU, etc.."? Any facts to back that up?
    Plus maybe any facts showing that one can't have 4 or 5 PB of disk capacity in Romania?

And no, I'm not trying to cover cociu, he did behave like an a__hole. I'm just really appalled by the nonsensical and disgusting slandering by some users here.

Thanked by 2imgmoney Daniel15
  • miumiu Member
    edited May 2021

@jsg said:

@Francisco said:

@tolovall said:
    @cociu

Do you have anything beyond a tinfoil hat backing your slander up? How about some facts? Do you happen to have any wrt. @cociu's financial situation?

@miu

Do you have any facts backing your disgusting brainfarting up? So, "Fran or HostHatch, Letbox has maybe 2peta for all customers for whole US or for whole EU, etc.."? Any facts to back that up?
    Plus maybe any facts showing that one can't have 4 or 5 PB of disk capacity in Romania?

And no, I'm not trying to cover cociu, he did behave like an a__hole. I'm just really appalled by the nonsensical and disgusting slandering by some users here.

I am lazy for find it now, but (if i good remember) someone of mentioned has mentioned that came with storage with total capacity of 2PB in total, and they are real large LE providers, sure older, sure larger and mainly a much more reliable and trustworthy providers here with significantly more customers

BTW: it is more disgusting to lure money from people and repeatedly come up again with another superficiality/negligence/shit (epic failure once it can become an unfortunate coincidence, but not regularly or several times as in this case, this is not the first time with mega-thread resolving his another failure where are a large bunch of ppls complain, so there must be a mistake in his overall acting and in way as he does it)

• @jsg said:

@Francisco said:

@tolovall said:
    @cociu

@miu

What I notice in this thread is, most other Providers are happy seeing him going down and supporting other invalid statements.

Also, most people are judging @cociu based on their communication skill he has. I am not sure why would someone make some interesting figures as a reason even after knowing he will be trolled for his statement.

Thanked by 1iNK79

@miu said:
    I am lazy for find it now, but (if i good remember) someone of mentioned has mentioned that came with storage with total capacity of 2PB in total, and they are real large LE providers, sure older, sure larger and mainly a much more reliable and trustworthy providers here with significantly more customers

I was asking for facts, not for hearsay and rumors.

• imgmoneyimgmoney Member
    edited May 2021

@miu said: I am lazy for find it now, but (if i good remember) someone of mentioned has mentioned that came with storage with total capacity of 2PB in total, and they are real large LE providers, sure older, sure larger and mainly a much more reliable and trustworthy providers here with significantly more customers

since he used to provide services to warez related providers, a single customer can own a storage capacity of 2PB and it is easily achievable. I was once an LSW customer who paid 30K euro a month owning just 30 servers. You cannot judge one by their username or by their communication.

Thanked by 1miu
  • StrypStryp Member

@serv_ee said:
    These frequent 50% credit and what not deals are NOT sustainable, these outages are ridiculous and somehow he is still getting praised for it or getting "good feedback". What are you guys? Really so cash starved that you won't pay even an euro more a month for a service that you are getting treated right at least? Fucking hell.

I tried looking for a replacement service but it doesn't seem like any other hosts offer the same service at a similar price point. The cheapest I've found for a 1 TB storage seedbox (which is how I utilized my VPS) is €5, which is more than triple of what I paid. So even if my box is down for two whole years, I had a better deal from HostSolutions than any other provider could have given me.

edited May 2021

@Stryp said:
    I tried looking for a replacement service but it doesn't seem like any other hosts offer the same service at a similar price point. The cheapest I've found for a 1 TB storage seedbox (which is how I utilized my VPS) is €5, which is more than triple of what I paid. So even if my box is down for two whole years, I had a better deal from HostSolutions than any other provider could have given me.

Which btw. also explains that there isn't a competitor feeding frenzy yet. One just can't easily lure (justifiably) disappointed HS clients away with 100+% higher prices. Another important factor is the significantly lower energy and labor cost in Romania (as compared to e.g. Germany, Netherlands, etc.).

But still, that won't hold eternally. @cociu needs to move and to move quickly.

Btw, I'm under the impression that the drives are not dead but the data on (at least a very significant part) them is lost/not accessible. So depending on certain details cociu might well be able to reuse the disks, at least a large part maybe even most, so he might get away with just a couple of machines (possibly needing to be replaced) and a lot of work (setting them up, configuring them, etc. and - hopefully smarter this time - creating storage arrays).

Thanked by 1miu
  • miumiu Member

@imgmoney said:
    What I notice in this thread is, most other Providers are happy seeing him going down and supporting other invalid statements.

Maybe it's because providers like cociu define a real Low-end bottom (as someone here on LET has said). And without them, the whole LE would be rated much better overall. And many would not call or consider LE as something "inferior". Considering that HostUs or Fran are also officially considered the same category as cociu, it is very unfair for them, because they are incomparably better providers and else level, who, on the contrary, define the LE ceiling.

Of course, you don't have to agree with my opinion and I'm not interested in harming anyone, but I think that shit providers are damaging good providers (whether they sell at their expense to stupid people, or generally spoil the level and name of the lowend)

• miumiu Member

I suggest new subcateg for low-end: Shitty-end ;-)

Thanked by 1niknar1900
  • BBTNBBTN Member

@miu said:
    I suggest new subcateg for low-end: Shitty-end ;-)

Welcome to the mud.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

jsg said:

🔺🔺
    Upstairs is not trying to cover cociu.
    It's an alternate personality of cociu.
    Everything in this thread is part of his marketing plan.

• so now you know how slow your hard disk is .

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

This theater will reopen on Monday, so for now, enjoy the weekend folks! ❤️

Thanked by 41allen BBTN k4zz miu
  • I don't mind reuploading my data, wipe them and put the node up. 👌

This discussion has been closed.