Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services! - Page 20
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services!

Comments

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2021

To feed the ups theory, maybe this didn't end well..?!

Looks like back in 2017 he bought 2x 100 kVA UPS from some unknown Turkish manufacturer found on Alibaba (link).

• WilliamWilliam Member

@dfroe said: To feed the ups theory, maybe this didn't end well..?!

Fun thread.

I see everyone recommending to charge Open/Closed Lead Acid Batteries to 13V. At 13V you lost around 15% of capacity (20% at open lead) already. They have to be charged to 14.8V.

Also most DC UPS systems run at 48V battery voltage (4x(Batteries)xParalell banks) - not because 48V was telco standard before, but because equipment is cheaper since many years due to solar inverters.

Thanked by 1level6
  • dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

@William said:
    I see everyone recommending to charge Open/Closed Lead Acid Batteries to 13V. [...] They have to be charged to 14.8V.

It depends. You are correct for cycle use (14.5-14.9V). But for floating use (like in an UPS) you should charge with a slightly reduced voltage (13.6-13.8V) to extend battery lifetime.

Source: Panasonic VRLA Handbook.

• WilliamWilliam Member

@dfroe said: It depends. You are correct for cycle use (14.5-14.9V). But for floating use (like in an UPS) you should charge with a slightly reduced voltage (13.6-13.8V) to extend battery lifetime.

Yes, but mostly for closed lead acid - Open need even higher for synchronization (i use 15.2V for 60minutes every month).

Use of open lead acid is also illegal indoors - They generate explosive hydrogen while charging.

• WilliamWilliam Member

I also want to note that the info in this thread is mostly wrong - an active UPS will NOT use the batteries for 'cache', it uses capacitors (either normal, liquid, or supercaps) to bridge the time between Grid:UPS. Transfer time is usually between 0ms (yes, zero) to 60ms - Any PSU will survive this with its internal caps.

Always-on (permanent rectified) UPS are very rare by now, simply due to the battery replacement costs. The last i have seen of these was 2011 at EDIS in Graz.

• @lentro said:

@LTniger said:
    Guys, keep topic derail within sane limits. Does anyone has more than few servers with kokio?

Lol, around 20 storage servers from me. I don’t think anyone uses their server(s) for production though.

Uh, or 20 personal servers with him. Seriously, 20?

• @niknar1900 said:

@TimboJones said:

• He has 3000 customers, but without 3000 IPs under his ownership.*

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he offers Shared hosting. Why would he need 3000 IPs for 3000+ customers?

Why you misquoting me? I never said that and I'd simply say to those making it an issue, "you know they rent and lease IP's, right?" Saying he only owns 3000 IP's means very little on its own.

• @lentro said:

@LTniger said:

@lentro said:

@LTniger said:
    Guys, keep topic derail within sane limits. Does anyone has more than few servers with kokio?

Lol, around 20 storage servers from me. I don’t think anyone uses their server(s) for production though.

Wow, all servers for iso seeding or anything else? The damage for you is significant.

Yes, it is, considering most are multi-TB boxes paid for 2-3 years when I ordered them. But at the same time, I took a calculated risk that has already paid off. Anyone who saw one of cociu’s offers would have been crazy not to factor in a deadpool event into their risk assessment

I can only see the calculations if you value your time and labour at no cost.

• @William said:

@jsg said: AFAIK he's got an UPS from some turkish manufacturer which may or may not be on par with what's normally used in european DCs.

They will not pay. Ever. APC also never pays, neither does HP. They send you lawyers mostly.

@jsg said: Thanks, I know, but not everyone runs a real router plus bgp.he.net offers a nice interface.

Then use one of the 20 other services like my bgpinfo. Point being;: BGP data is correct. Always.

That's not true. Take appropriate pictures, draw diagram of how it was connected, and if you're not a Mickey Mouse operation, you get a cheque.

This is home experience with home theatre stuff up to like $3k, not commercial datacenter, though.

• lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

@TimboJones said:

@lentro said:

@LTniger said:

Yes, explained a bit here :joy: : https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3168219/#Comment_3168219

Not personal by any means but a "personal project"

• jmgcaguiclajmgcaguicla Member
    edited May 2021

@lentro said:

Please don't kinkshame @lentro and his exotic collection of Linux ISOs, we're all open-minded here.

• @lentro said:

@TimboJones said:

@lentro said:

@LTniger said:

Yes, explained a bit here :joy: : https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3168219/#Comment_3168219

Plot twist (pun intended), you started chia mining back in 2020 and broke HS.

Thanked by 2lentro bulbasaur
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
  • So, what storage provider next? Cheap storage provider is the perfect place for mining chia.

You pay cheap price, you don't give a shit about provider hardware. It's just perfect.

• pierrepierre Member

My gander would have to be Linus Tech Tips. They've got loads of storage that can make more than their YouTube revenue mining on it.

• WilliamWilliam Member

@TimboJones said: That's not true. Take appropriate pictures, draw diagram of how it was connected, and if you're not a Mickey Mouse operation, you get a cheque.

My experience with APC was horrible, every single time - Repairs no issue, Payments for broken things never, just excuses.

• WilliamWilliam Member

@pierre said: My gander would have to be Linus Tech Tips. They've got loads of storage that can make more than their YouTube revenue mining on it.

LTT makes most money from ads outside YT anyway.

• DarioXDarioX Member

@cociu said:
    Hello All ,

We will came with a final decision Monday as i need 1 day for me because i am almost depressed due of this .

EDIT : Monday will came with a full plan for pass this bad step.

Thanks All ,
    Marius

Thanked by 1miu
  • sibapersibaper Member

he didn't mention date right? :'(

Thanked by 1miu
  • niknar1900niknar1900 Member
    edited May 2021

@sibaper said:

That's right, he didn't say WHICH monday this year lol

Thanked by 1Jorbox
  • IamMadIamMad Member

@niknar1900 said:

@sibaper said:

That's right, he didn't say WHICH monday this year lol

This year? Are you sure? :lol:

Thanked by 2lentro niknar1900
  • I love coming on here reading the comments - makes my day

Thanked by 3maverickp BBTN webcraft
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@LowLowLow said:
    I love coming on here reading the comments - makes my day

© 2021 LowEndEntertainment. All rights reserved.

• OMG! One week has gone, the HS still down.

• Every 24 hours, this thread gets another page. You guys are so creative on comments. :hushed: :smiley:

Thanked by 1pierre
  • M66BM66B Veteran

@Oiko2019 said:
    OMG! One week has gone, the HS still down.

The Host Shite you mean? Dirty servers in a cowshed, run by depressed farmers. What do you expect?

Thanked by 2LowLowLow Oiko2019
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@M66B said: The Host Shite you mean? Dirty servers in a cowshed, run by depressed farmers. What do you expect?

You sound bitter, my friend.

Thanked by 3jsg AlwaysSkint skorous
  • @raindog308 said:

@M66B said: The Host Shite you mean? Dirty servers in a cowshed, run by depressed farmers. What do you expect?

This could entirely be true. Have we seen cociu's DC yet?

• M66BM66B Veteran

@raindog308 said:

I never had any services from HS, not even from the sisters, and I most likely never will either.

Servers down for over a week without a statement, what else need to be said. That's just shite.

Thanked by 1mike1s
This discussion has been closed.