Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services! - Page 23
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services!

Comments

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@Francisco said:
    Probably should've listened when we were saying 'DONT DO IT'.

Are you a HS customer? I guess not.

I find it disgusting when a provider attacks or smears another provider.

From what I've seen and heard it seems that you are a good and (deservedly) respected provider and should be above mud slinging and other pig pit activities.

• Tldr anyone?

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited May 2021

@Francisco said: Probably should've listened when we were saying 'DONT DO IT'.

I wouldn't do it normally... but there is this BuyVM provider I wanted to try for months and they are never in stock!
    Yes, I am on that discord already, got Slice, now need Slab too! ETA for LU? :P

--

tbh it's another promise broken, another total lack of info (+some 'debatable' things in first message), totally shitting on 'customers'. I was totally aware what I was buying (hence 3 month contracts), but after few months of 'working even better than I expected for my small requirements' I've put some money into wallet (before promo, just because being lazy and did not want to pay every 3 months, idiot.) and can't really charge it back :D

Disclaimer: I know what I was going into, have nothing against downtime (heh, even if cociu would ask I would 'donate' my HDD space for Chia mining for a month) - I use it casually once a week for something - it's dirty cheap, I understand what that means. LACK of communications (and pictures, give pictures!) is the shitty part that I can't stand.

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited May 2021

@Saragoldfarb said: Tldr anyone?

Nothing really changed. Some "SSD" servers were moved to Bucharest and booted (tbh. no one said earlier theirs SSD VPSes were down iirc). cociu posted on saturday that "350 (out of 400) HDDs dead" (w/e that means - from broken hardware to broken filesystem, unclear) and will show recovery plan aka final decision on Monday. Yeah, it's almost Wednesday now, nothing.

Some users/providers having a field day here calling "I TOLD YOU IT WILL HAPPEN, 50% CREDIT 6 TIMES A YEAR IS NOT SUSTENABILE" and there are other people waiting for more news because "it's cheap af, even if it would die after 6 months I still saved a shit ton of money!". Only one location is dead, other two (leased?) are up.

// and the 'court hearing' was moved - we all assume because COVID so no updates on that 'possibly debt' thing.

Time will tell.

Thanked by 1Saragoldfarb
  • jugganutsjugganuts Member
    edited May 2021

nope both my locations are down for hdd storage burch and Oradea, so unless his UPS magically covered two datacenters he is a bullshit liar...

• @JabJab said:

@Saragoldfarb said: Tldr anyone?

Nothing really changed. Some "SSD" servers were moved to Bucharest and booted (tbh. no one said earlier theirs SSD VPSes were down iirc). cociu posted on saturday that "350 (out of 400) HDDs dead" (w/e that means - from broken hardware to broken filesystem, unclear) and will show recovery plan aka final decision on Monday. Yeah, it's almost Wednesday now, nothing.

Some users/providers having a field day here calling "I TOLD YOU IT WILL HAPPEN, 50% CREDIT 6 TIMES A YEAR IS NOT SUSTENABILE" and there are other people waiting for more news because "it's cheap af, even if it would die after 6 months I still saved a shit ton of money!". Only one location is dead, other two (leased?) are up.

// and the 'court hearing' was moved - we all assume because COVID so no updates on that 'possibly debt' thing.

Time will tell.

Thanks for that. Always liked the guy, used his services in the past. Not the best, not the worst. Hope things will get resolved for everyone!

• @jsg said:

@Francisco said:

From what I've seen and heard it seems that you are a good and (deservedly) respected provider and should be above mud slinging and other pig pit activities.

He's not just a provider here. He's well above your average provider.

He helped hundreds (probably thousands indirectly) of LET members including a lot of providers.

Fran is like a go-to guy if you are above your head and can't make sense of things. He's there to help you out without asking for anything in return.

He is the one who popularized "storage VPS" product. Without his product making storage VPS concept popular, I strongly doubt you'd be able to purchase services from your dear Romanian.

Also, LET is not only a market place. It's a community forum.

If you want providers not to comment on anything and just post offers, it's not going to happen. LET is not designed/evolved that way.

He cares about the community a lot and just warns its members to have them avoid unfortunate things.

He's not a competitor of your Romanian. Hell, most of the providers are not a competitor of him.

Over the years, we have seen a lot of bottom of the barrel providers here posting insane offers and Fran warned against them and he was always right about them.

Hell, even if you think he's not right, you should listen to him because he doesn't speak empty words.

• GOBBLESGOBBLES Member

^ def in bed with Fran :p

• serverianserverian Member
    edited May 2021

@snt said:
    ^ def in bed with Fran :p

{#}dontbullyfran

• ^simping for Fran

Thanked by 2SirFoxy skorupion
  • Red notices should go next to usernames for 1-3 days for shame and encourage better puns.

Thanked by 1Saragoldfarb
  • SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited May 2021

@TimboJones said:

Red notices should go next to usernames for 1-3 days for shame and encourage better puns.

proud orange notice user

• JorboxJorbox Member

y> @serverian said:

@jsg said:

@Francisco said:

He's not just a provider here. He's well above your average provider.

He helped hundreds (probably thousands indirectly) of LET members including a lot of providers.

Fran is like a go-to guy if you are above your head and can't make sense of things. He's there to help you out without asking for anything in return.

He is the one who popularized "storage VPS" product. Without his product making storage VPS concept popular, I strongly doubt you'd be able to purchase services from your dear Romanian.

Also, LET is not only a market place. It's a community forum.

If you want providers not to comment on anything and just post offers, it's not going to happen. LET is not designed/evolved that way.

He cares about the community a lot and just warns its members to have them avoid unfortunate things.

He's not a competitor of your Romanian. Hell, most of the providers are not a competitor of him.

Over the years, we have seen a lot of bottom of the barrel providers here posting insane offers and Fran warned against them and he was always right about them.

Hell, even if you think he's not right, you should listen to him because he doesn't speak empty words.

You deserve a free slice of pizza, but unfortunately they are out of stock.

Thanked by 2maverickp skorupion
  • @thedp said:

@stevewatson301 said:
    @cociu it's already Tuesday. Although I'm not your paying customer, people on the thread are, so maybe add a reply stating how's everything with the DC and if you've managed to find replacements for the disks?

(Unless, the customers are also fine with losing their data.)

I think customer's would prefer the truth over their data.

What? No.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@TimboJones said:

@thedp said:

@stevewatson301 said:
    @cociu it's already Tuesday. Although I'm not your paying customer, people on the thread are, so maybe add a reply stating how's everything with the DC and if you've managed to find replacements for the disks?

(Unless, the customers are also fine with losing their data.)

I think customer's would prefer the truth over their data.

What? No.

Those who don't backup at all or have outdated backup would definitely prefer having their data over anything else :joy:

• @jsg said:

@Francisco said:

Warning people against credit matching when there's plenty of red flags is not attacking or smearing the other provider. It's purely sharing experience and advice that people are free to ignore. If someone says, "be careful of buying lifetime licenses, often they stop being supported, get dropped or the company goes bankrupt", that is in no way attacking or smearing the company, just mentioning the risk associated with a deal. It's perfectly common sense to say that a credit match on low margin product is very risky and low chance of making money back.

Thanked by 1lazyt
  • SirFoxySirFoxy Member

@ben47955 said:
    ^simping for Fran

i don't understand the francisco simping, he runs a decent host but it's just that, decent.

i host my own site on buyvm's network but i can't respect a man trying to put another man down.

• ben47955ben47955 Member
    edited May 2021

@SirFoxy said:

@ben47955 said:
    ^simping for Fran

i don't understand the francisco simping, he runs a decent host but it's just that, decent.

i host my own site on buyvm's network but i can't respect a man trying to put another man down.

It was mostly for the joke. I didn't mean to hurt Fran or BuyVM and I don't he did want to put HS down. The past outages just show how bad is HS with management, some one man show are better.

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited May 2021

@ben47955 said:

@SirFoxy said:

@ben47955 said:
    ^simping for Fran

It was mostly for the joke. I didn't mean to hurt Fran or BuyVM and I don't he did want to put HS down. The past outages just show how bad is HS with management.

it doesn't matter how bad someone is doing, the principal is focus on watering your own garden.

or otherwise:

lift people up instead of tearing them down, it's clear cociu had no malicious intentions.

Thanked by 2skorous Maounique
  • @SirFoxy said:

@ben47955 said:

@SirFoxy said:

@ben47955 said:
    ^simping for Fran

It was mostly for the joke. I didn't mean to hurt Fran or BuyVM and I don't he did want to put HS down. The past outages just show how bad is HS with management.

it doesn't matter how bad someone is doing, the principal is focus on watering your own garden.

or otherwise:

lift people up instead of tearing them down, it's clear cociu had no malicious intentions.

HS got a lot of positive feadback too. But They just failed to implements this. Even in this thread, a lot of people offered there help, but he go silent. You would be right if it was the first or the second big failure of HS, but we don't even count them actually. HS need big change. Listening to @Francisco is a good start.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@SirFoxy said: i host my own site on buyvm's network but i can't respect a man trying to put another man down.

I've been warning of this for a year now. Being upset now that it's all bursting into flames like "come on man, no one saw it coming" is silly. The credit matches are bad, always have been, always will be.

This is his main sales place. If he gets blocked from selling on here (and he should but @jbiloh won't because his threads keep this place alive), you'd see fireworks.

He can be a nice guy, I have no doubt. That doesn't justify the crap that he does or says, especially when there's many people pointing out where it's a flat out lie.

He should be honest with whats going on. He'll maybe even gain some respect for it.

Instead, because he ignores everyone, doesn't talk about it, keeps saying things that people can verify are lies, he's going to end up losing another paypal account as the chargebacks flood in.

I guess I haven't explained why I shit on hosts like this. This will help @jsg understand too.

I do it because this crap drags the whole industry down. It hurts people that are new to the market, or people that are too naive of what things should really cost. Those people lose their livelihoods.

I've been doing this for over 10 years now. I've called out almost every scam operation, both ones that the admins approved of, & assisted in their scam, as well as outsiders.

I can't remember the last time I've called something a scam, pointed out all the problems with it, and they turn out to be a real diamond in the ruff.

There's many other hosts that see this too and likely feel the same. But, they're reliant on LE as a source of income and don't want to ruin that.

The admins can rightfully yeet my ass out the door at any time and I'll lose exactly 0 business. I'm here to shit post, post my wares once a year, and help people I like.

Francisco

• donkodonko Member

FranSIMPS o:)

Btw, why is buyvm being treated as HS competitor? Kekw :D

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited May 2021

@Francisco said:

@SirFoxy said: i host my own site on buyvm's network but i can't respect a man trying to put another man down.

I've been warning of this for a year now. Being upset now that it's all bursting into flames like "come on man, no one saw it coming" is silly. The credit matches are bad, always have been, always will be.

This is his main sales place. If he gets blocked from selling on here (and he should but @jbiloh won't because his threads keep this place alive), you'd see fireworks.

He can be a nice guy, I have no doubt. That doesn't justify the crap that he does or says, especially when there's many people pointing out where it's a flat out lie.

He should be honest with whats going on. He'll maybe even gain some respect for it.

Instead, because he ignores everyone, doesn't talk about it, keeps saying things that people can verify are lies, he's going to end up losing another paypal account as the chargebacks flood in.

I guess I haven't explained why I shit on hosts like this. This will help @jsg understand too.

I do it because this crap drags the whole industry down. It hurts people that are new to the market, or people that are too naive of what things should really cost. Those people lose their livelihoods.

I've been doing this for over 10 years now. I've called out almost every scam operation, both ones that the admins approved of, & assisted in their scam, as well as outsiders.

I can't remember the last time I've called something a scam, pointed out all the problems with it, and they turn out to be a real diamond in the ruff.

There's many other hosts that see this too and likely feel the same. But, they're reliant on LE as a source of income and don't want to ruin that.

The admins can rightfully yeet my ass out the door at any time and I'll lose exactly 0 business. I'm here to shit post, post my wares once a year, and help people I like.

Francisco

i understand where you're coming from, but maybe it's better time speaks than you.

Thanked by 1default
  • LeeLee Veteran

@SirFoxy said: maybe it's better time speaks than you.

Wow, that was quite deep for you, bollocks, but deep nonetheless.

• JorboxJorbox Member

All world sisters are praying for cociu to fix the servers

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member

@Lee said:

@SirFoxy said: maybe it's better time speaks than you.

Wow, that was quite deep for you, bollocks, but deep nonetheless.

i'm smarter than i appear, i mostly shit post because life isn't that serious, but thnx luv u too lee.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@SirFoxy said: i understand where you're coming from, but maybe it's better time speaks than you.

Sometimes you need someone to be screaming that it's not OK.

Picture if you were a newcomer to this community, and you see this crap going on. Massive credit matches even though services are broken/down, 23 hosts disappear in a weekend and the admins go "i didn't know a thing", known scammers constantly unbanned, etc.

If you saw that and no ones batting an eye, you're going to think this place is a dumpster fire and is a bed for scammers and cons. You're not going to buy from anyone out of fear.

Why would the not-shit hosts want to post on here? Why would they want to tarnish their brand?

There is multiple brands that refuse to get their offerings on LEB because they don't want to be grouped with the others on there. Do you see this shit happen on LES? WHT? Almost never, if ever.

This shit has been happening with HS for 3 years. When he first came out with his 3y plans. Fine, give him a few months, maybe even a year, to get a strangle holds on how to make it all work.

No, that crap went on for 3 years. There is people that went the whole 3 years on their initial plan and it was broken, or mostly broken.

Francisco

• LeeLee Veteran

@Francisco said: Sometimes you need someone to be screaming that it's not OK.

But you know it makes no difference on here. If HS went down tomorrow there will be posts basically along the lines of

"Need a replacement for my HS service, ideally a bit cheaper and more reliable than HS was".

Part of me wants HS to go down, it's a lesson that needs to be learnt, but it simply won't be.

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • pierrepierre Member

Seems strange that he said he's been driving back and forth between Datacenters. It's an 8-hour drive between Oradea and Bucharest. What did you guys expect when he said he was moving servers.

• @pierre said:
    Seems strange that he said he's been driving back and forth between Datacenters. It's an 8-hour drive between Oradea and Bucharest. What did you guys expect when he said he was moving servers.

Maybe he have a private jet ?

This discussion has been closed.