Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services! - Page 24
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services!

Comments

• drizbodrizbo Member

Opinions in this thread change direction faster than wind

• pierrepierre Member

@ben47955 said:

@pierre said:
    Seems strange that he said he's been driving back and forth between Datacenters. It's an 8-hour drive between Oradea and Bucharest. What did you guys expect when he said he was moving servers.

Maybe he have a private jet ?

Funny guy!

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

If the words don’t add up, it’s usually because the truth wasn’t included in the equation.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@serverian

That may all be true, my point wasn't to say that @Francisco is a bad guy, my point was that I find it disgusting when one provider (any provider) smears another provider.

From what I've seen and heard @cociu always refunded customers who wanted it, so he's no scammer.
    Also: good intentions + bad implementation/operations != scammer.

@Francisco said:
    I've been warning of this for a year now. Being upset now that it's all bursting into flames

I don't see HS in flames or exploded (at least not yet). All I see is a man (@cociu) who damages (and possibly ruins) his own business - but not the customers (other than maybe as unintended collateral damage in which case he refunds/compensates them)

This is his main sales place. If he gets blocked from selling on here (and he should but @jbiloh won't because his threads keep this place alive), you'd see fireworks.

(a) He currently is blocked (lost his provider tag), (b) this is not your place and you don't make the rules, and (c) what is wrong with having LET/LEB as ones main sales place? This place has "low end" in its very name and HS sells (mostly it seems) low end products at low end prices, so it actually fits well.

[crap, lies, etc]

I'm not sure it's lies; I rather think it's language problems, lack of tech knowledge and sloppyness - but whatever it is it's out in the open, everyone can see it and he's getting plenty negative feedback.

AFAIC I don't give a damn for his ETAs, promises, etc anymore because they are obviously worth nothing.

I do it because this crap drags the whole industry down.

Pardon me but that's a pile of self-flattering BS. Maybe a Hetzner or a OVH would have the muscles to influence the industry but certainly not @cociu.

It hurts people that are new to the market, or people that are too naive of what things should really cost. Those people lose their livelihoods.

People lose their livelihoods due to cociu's products, promos, etc? If that were true (I strongly doubt it) they'd bloody deserve it because acting careless, ignorant, and stupid tends to have consequences.

The admins can rightfully yeet my ass out the door at any time and I'll lose exactly 0 business. I'm here to shit post, post my wares once a year, and help people I like.

Then ask for your provider tag to be removed, stop selling to LETers, and buy a HS VPS. Then you can lament

@Francisco said:
    Picture if you were a newcomer to this community, and you see this crap going on. Massive credit matches even though services are broken/down, 23 hosts disappear in a weekend and the admins go "i didn't know a thing", known scammers constantly unbanned, etc.

If you saw that and no ones batting an eye, you're going to think this place is a dumpster fire and is a bed for scammers and cons. You're not going to buy from anyone out of fear.

Why would the not-shit hosts want to post on here? Why would they want to tarnish their brand?

Well, tell us then why YOU yourself have a provider tag here, even a 'top provider' tag?

No, that crap went on for 3 years. There is people that went the whole 3 years on their initial plan and it was broken, or mostly broken.

My friend and colleague is a HS customer since almost the beginning and even right now 7 out of his 8 HS systems work. 7 out of 8. But granted, my (only) HS system (the 3 year storage box deal) does not work now; But still, all in all I've experienced north of 97% or 98% availability.

Yes, I'll be honest and admit that I sometimes think my friend is idiotic wrt HS but hey, nobody forced him to get those systems.

At the end of the day a very simple rule does the trick: Do NOT use HS VPS for anything vital ... and enjoy the super cheap prices. Unfortunately quite many only care about the second part and ignore the first part.

Thanked by 1default
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@jsg said: Pardon me but that's a pile of self-flattering BS. Maybe a Hetzner or a OVH would have the muscles to influence the industry but certainly not @cociu.

OVH and Hetzner aren't really in this side of the industry.

OVH never posts an offer themselves and even Hetzner only comes around for dedi's once in a while. Does Katie (sorry if I spelt that wrong) still come by? The others?

@jsg said: Well, tell us then why YOU yourself have a provider tag here, even a 'top provider' tag?

Because people voted for me. By all means, check how many offers I've made on these forums in the past 3 years. If I did a half dozen I'd be shocked. The most I've done is share industry updates (almost always new features), and I think I posted once last year for LUX Slices/slabs. I've taken part in no give aways, BF/CM sales, etc.

Any content that @raindog308 has done for us (he posted us on the LEB homepage and also did a sweet LEB YT video) was him doing it on his own. He did great, I'm fairly sure I've thanked him for it. It almost makes up for the young girls pony fanfic novel he mailed me all those years ago.

OVH has placed top 3 and they have a single rep that basically only handles Discord. They make no offers on here, but people still vote for them.

I'm grateful for those votes, we work hard to always be improving and hope people enjoy their time with us.

@jsg said: People lose their livelihoods due to cociu's products, promos, etc? If that were true (I strongly doubt it) they'd bloody deserve it because acting careless, ignorant, and stupid tends to have consequences.

This is what I'm getting at though. The staff only now acted on it and at least 1 said he'll get it back the second he asks for it. There's no punishment for him acting this way and treating the very community members this way.

The site operators don't even make an ounce of an effort to protect its users. Time and fucking time again it doesn't. Ever. It's always they were "unaware it was happening", even though literally all of the servers being used for said scam was bought from the site owner.

One user, that the admins propped up, unbanned multiple times, and kept allowing him to sell on here, is now in a federal Pound Me In The Ass prison because of, wait for it, identity fraud. The same person had an open directory on their billing site full of pictures of credit cards, pass ports, etc. Not one single person was alerted of their ID now being stolen (because the directory was open for ANYONE to see if they simply viewed the site) for half a day.

Francisco

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited May 2021

@jsg said: Pardon me but that's a pile of self-flattering BS. Maybe a Hetzner or a OVH would have the muscles to influence the industry but certainly not @cociu.

OVH never posts an offer themselves and even Hetzner only comes around for dedi's once in a while. Does Katie (sorry if I spelt that wrong) still come by? The others?

@jsg said: Well, tell us then why YOU yourself have a provider tag here, even a 'top provider' tag?

Because people voted for me. By all means, check how many offers I've made on these forums in the past 3 years. If I did a half dozen I'd be shocked. The most I've done is share industry updates (almost always new features), and I think I posted once last year for LUX Slices/slabs. I've taken part in no give aways, BF/CM sales, etc.

Any content that @raindog308 has done for us (he posted us on the LEB homepage and also did a sweet LEB YT video) was him doing it on his own. He did great, I'm fairly sure I've thanked him for it. It almost makes up for the young girls pony fanfic novel he mailed me all those years ago.

OVH has placed top 3 and they have a single rep that basically only handles Discord. They make no offers on here, but people still vote for them.

I'm grateful for those votes, we work hard to always be improving and hope people enjoy their time with us.

@jsg said: People lose their livelihoods due to cociu's products, promos, etc? If that were true (I strongly doubt it) they'd bloody deserve it because acting careless, ignorant, and stupid tends to have consequences.

This is what I'm getting at though. The staff only now acted on it and at least 1 said he'll get it back the second he asks for it. There's no punishment for him acting this way and treating the very community members this way.

The site operators don't even make an ounce of an effort to protect its users. Time and fucking time again it doesn't. Ever. It's always they were "unaware it was happening", even though literally all of the servers being used for said scam was bought from the site owner.

One user, that the admins propped up, unbanned multiple times, and kept allowing him to sell on here, is now in a federal Pound Me In The Ass prison because of, wait for it, identity fraud. The same person had an open directory on their billing site full of pictures of credit cards, pass ports, etc. Not one single person was alerted of their ID now being stolen (because the directory was open for ANYONE to see if they simply viewed the site) for half a day.

Francisco

"federal Pound Me In The Ass prison" corny

@Francisco said:

The point was about power, in particular the power to drag the whole industry down. @cociu doesn't have that power, simple as that.

What's that to do with what I said?

But you, @Francisco are here anyway - which could be construed as "LET is a good and safe place".

Francisco, from what I know you are a good provider and you have earned my respect by standing up for free speech. And that is the path you should continue IMO - instead of demanding LET to become a more tightly controlled place.

Anyway the real punishment of @cociu is to be handed out by us the potential (and actual) customers, not by the LET team who btw did not look away but actually did react by revoking cociu's provider tag.

Thanked by 1default
  • SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited May 2021

@jsg said:

Francisco, from what I know you are a good provider and you have earned my respect by standing up for free speech. And that is the path you should continue IMO - instead of demanding LET to become a more tightly controlled place.

Exactly. I know him for being free speech but he's trying to censor LET, and most importantly for me having served a bid talking about "fuck me in the ass prison" shit's mad corny, serve your role.

Specifically don't be a fat white Canadian talking about the United States penitentiary.

Thanked by 1default
  • @SirFoxy said: Specifically don't be a fat white Canadian talking about the United States penitentiary.

Don't be a fat chink instead be chink like @cociu stealing money and logos

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@jsg said: The point was about power, in particular the power to drag the whole industry down. @cociu doesn't have that power, simple as that.

The industry is large, there's many smaller markets within it, just like how LE is defined as "under $7 to $10". This crap hurts that market and makes it harder for other hosts that post on here.

Some day reach out to some of the hosts you talk to and see what they think of it (off the record, obviously). I'm pretty sure they'll admit that this kinda crap just makes it harder for them, in an already incredibly competitive market.

@jsg said: Anyway the real punishment of @cociu is to be handed out by us the potential (and actual) customers, not by the LET team who btw did not look away but actually did react by revoking cociu's provider tag.

Lets see how long the tag stays off once things are resolved.

Lets see what kind of bypasses are attempted (and allowed) if it is kept off. You get things like "I got this email of an offer/credit match", etc. That crap shouldn't be allowed either.

@jsg said: But you, @Francisco are here anyway - which could be construed as "LET is a good and safe place".

I've cut back the amount of posting I normally do by a lot. I post to the LE Discord some, but most people that I enjoy talking to have my direct details on Discord or Matrix and talk to me there. I almost never take part in WHT, and LET is fading fast. The only place I try to find time to take part in is LES, and that's because they take care of their users and they should be rewarded with more member participation.

Francisco

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited May 2021

@MadamFoxy said:

@SirFoxy said: Specifically don't be a fat white Canadian talking about the United States penitentiary.

Don't be a fat chink instead be chink like @cociu stealing money and logos

nah that racism shit isn't cool.

Thanked by 3Waldo19 jsg MichaelCee
  • SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited May 2021

@Francisco said:

@jsg said: The point was about power, in particular the power to drag the whole industry down. @cociu doesn't have that power, simple as that.

The industry is large, there's many smaller markets within it, just like how LE is defined as "under $7 to $10". This crap hurts that market and makes it harder for other hosts that post on here.

Some day reach out to some of the hosts you talk to and see what they think of it (off the record, obviously). I'm pretty sure they'll admit that this kinda crap just makes it harder for them, in an already incredibly competitive market.

@jsg said: Anyway the real punishment of @cociu is to be handed out by us the potential (and actual) customers, not by the LET team who btw did not look away but actually did react by revoking cociu's provider tag.

Lets see what kind of bypasses are attempted (and allowed) if it is kept off. You get things like "I got this email of an offer/credit match", etc. That crap shouldn't be allowed either.

@jsg said: But you, @Francisco are here anyway - which could be construed as "LET is a good and safe place".

I've cut back the amount of posting I normally do by a lot. I post to the LE Discord some, but most people that I enjoy talking to have my direct details on Discord or Matrix and talk to me there. I almost never take part in WHT, and LET is fading fast. The only place I try to find time to take part in is LES, and that's because they take care of their users and they should be rewarded with more member participation.

Francisco

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Point blank period if you're going to be the free speech host, be free speech period.

Don't try to police other people.

Water your own garden.

Thanked by 1default
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@jsg said: That may all be true, my point wasn't to say that @Francisco is a bad guy, my point was that I find it disgusting when one provider (any provider) smears another provider.

Has @Francisco said anything untrue? I think there's a difference between smearing someone and calling out someone who's slinging fables. Some of what Fran posted is speculation but it's reasonable speculation...and not unjustified given the dearth of facts @cociu has given.

@Francisco said: Any content that @raindog308 has done for us (he posted us on the LEB homepage and also did a sweet LEB YT video) was him doing it on his own. He did great, I'm fairly sure I've thanked him for it.

This is true - none of that was prompted by @Francisco. I've also done a few things related to hosts (some posted, some in the works) who haven't asked me to and aren't LEB/LET advertisers just because we want to post interesting content for our readers and viewers.

You know, like an interview with @Francisco...hint...hint...

I'd also like to point out that over the years, @Francisco has helped out many hosts who got into trouble...they got hacked or they had some hardware issue and Fran helped them get back on their feet (as in logged in and diagnosed their problems). That's pretty extraordinary.

@Francisco said: It almost makes up for the young girls pony fanfic novel he mailed me all those years ago.

@Francisco said: One user, that the admins propped up, unbanned multiple times, and kept allowing him to sell on here,

To be fair, he was banned pretty quickly when he last reappeared...he was on just long enough to respond to reports of his new prison stint. I don't hold the current administration responsible for anything done prior.

I'm tempted to send him some hardcopy LET threads...but I think I'd have to put my return address on the letter.

• serverianserverian Member
    edited May 2021

@jsg said: @serverian

That may all be true, my point wasn't to say that @Francisco is a bad guy, my point was that I find it disgusting when one provider (any provider) smears another provider.

From what I've seen and heard @cociu always refunded customers who wanted it, so he's no scammer.

Have you seen @Francisco shit on any decent host?

HS is not a provider in eyes of Fran or in eyes of any decent provider here.

@Francisco has conscience and wants to warn his fellow community members about the dangers of the scheme HS pulls. Just because he happens to be a provider as well, he shouldn't have to censor himself.

He's not jealous or anything. None of the hosts here are jealous about HS.

A 16 year old non-technical kid pulled the exact same scheme before.

It's called a Ponzi scheme.

A host can sell things below cost and they can keep continue operating as long as they get new clients at all times. The host will use the new money coming in from new sales to fund the old sales.

This will only work as long as they get new sales or another source of income (Hint: double credit offers)

Once something bad happens, things will go south. They always have been. It's against the nature of matter and @Francisco warns about this. Deep down, I bet he wants to be proven wrong this time so no member lose anything.

Refunding the customers who wants refunds due to the bad service is not being nice. Not refunding is a crime.

Some customers (around 40%) won't even care to be refunded and HS will keep their money and use that money to fund his other customers and HS counts on that.

Marius might be a very nice person in real life but @Francisco is not saying he's a bad person or a scammer. He just reads through the lines of what's happening. Because he's a provider who has been doing this for 10 years and he's been around long enough to realize patterns.

You are not a provider and you are not seeing things other providers seeing here and @Francisco has balls to speak his mind. This is it.

You are not catching a lie because you don't have the experience in the field to catch the lie. @Francisco does. So does other hosts here.

Also there is no good or bad intentions in business. You have to do what you have to do basically.

I also sincerely hope Marius get things right this time.

• @SirFoxy said:

Point blank period if you're going to be the free speech host, be free speech period.

Water your own garden.

hummm, isn't the freedom to against free speech also part of free speech?
    So, you still agree the free speech have a limit.
    What's your limit, and what Francisco did is beyond the limit?

Since I'm both cociu and Francisco's customer, please do show some respect when replying.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • SirFoxySirFoxy Member

@reisenpai said:

@SirFoxy said:

Water your own garden.

Since I'm both cociu and Francisco's customer, please do show some respect when replying.

literally what the fuck are you saying

• jmgcaguiclajmgcaguicla Member
    edited May 2021

@reisenpai said:

That literally makes zero sense, what does you being their customer have anything to do with anyone showing respect? Are you some big oiler/Nigerian prince that we should be kneeling to?

• @SirFoxy said:

@reisenpai said:

@SirFoxy said:

Water your own garden.

I see, you are a piece of shit.
    I'm out of this.

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member

@reisenpai said:

@SirFoxy said:

@reisenpai said:

@SirFoxy said:

Water your own garden.

I see, you are a piece of shit.
    I'm out of this.

cock and balls 💯

@Francisco said:

Sorry, that's only true in dreamland. On this planet there will always be low-level, mainstream, and top players in any market.

And your "makes it harder for other hosts that post on here" could as well be turned around into "next to a low-level host even mediocre hosts look good".

If I did (but I've more interesting things to discuss with providers) I'd certainly find some who dislike @cociu - but I'd also find some not caring about him, and some who like or envy him. And that's true for virtually every provider as well es in virtually all markets.

Don't get me wrong, I don't particularly like cociu and I'm angry about his p_ss poor attitude wrt communication but unlike some here I do not see him as somehow particularly important, he's just one provider among many others. My personal summary re cociu is "dirt cheap but not an option for important or business stuff". If, for instance, I'd need or want a 5th or 6th name server slave I would still have a look at his products. I'd probably not buy a storage product from him though because it seems that disks are not HS's forte ...

Frankly, I don't care a lot because unlike you I do not want the LET team to be a parents surrogate. I'm quite confident that most LET users can make a decision for themselves.The way things are now I guess cociu will find a clear message in his books/numbers.

@raindog308

Again, my point wasn't to say that @Francisco is a bad guy (quite the contrary), my point was that I find it disgusting when one provider (any provider) smears another provider.
    And that hasn't changed. When providers talk about another provider negatively there is a bad smell.

Thanked by 1default
  • SirFoxySirFoxy Member

tldr; my boy jsg will literally lap anyone in a debate ++ he's loyal as fuck.

Thanked by 3Pixels bulbasaur BlaZe

@serverian said:

IF that were true (I doubt it) I'd consider @Francisco being idiotic in that matter. Simple reason: Any entity selling VPSs and/or dedis as a business activity IS a provider.

Of course we can draw diverse lines like e.g. good vs bad, expensive vs. cheap etc. but simply refusing common definitions is idiotic.

edited May 2021

@SirFoxy said:

Wrong. I'm not loyal (to @cociu I presume) nor do I have reason to be. I am but one of thousands of his customers and a very insignificant one at that with just 1 super cheap storage box.

What drives me is a desire for truth, reason, and fairness (and quite sensitive BS sensors).

And again: IF I'm a fan boy at all then I'm a fan boy of NexusBytes / @seriesn.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • @jsg said:

@serverian said:

IF that were true (I doubt it) I'd consider @Francisco being idiotic in that matter. Simple reason: Any entity selling VPSs and/or dedis as a business activity IS a provider.

Of course we can draw diverse lines like e.g. good vs bad, expensive vs. cheap etc. but simply refusing common definitions is idiotic.

You're taking things too literally. I was not talking about dictionary definition.

I've emphasized the word "provider" meaning not being a competitor in eyes of other hosts. I mean most (if not all) won't compete with HS. As I've explained earlier, the only way to compete with those prices is by pulling the same scheme and any decent host would know that it's a dangerous game.

If you're getting the value of your money, it's all good for you.

@Francisco simply says that there might be naive customers/new comers who would get affected by it and he warns them. Not you.

You cannot blame naive customers or new comers as there is no disclaimer on HS's offer posts. Should there be one saying "You might get downtimes lasting weeks. Be aware", then it'd be all just.

There might be new comers coming in and purchasing a service from HS and then getting a downtime lasting weeks and then thinking all the hosts on LET would have similar service quality and then go elsewhere instead of contributing to the community.

Thanked by 3Francisco Lee lazyt
  • SirFoxySirFoxy Member

@jsg said:

@SirFoxy said:

Wrong. I'm not loyal (to @cociu I presume) nor do I have reason to be. I am but one of thousands of his customers and a very insignificant one at that with just 1 super cheap storage box.

What drives me is a desire for truth, reason, and fairness (and quite sensitive BS sensors).

And again: IF I'm a fan boy at all then I'm a fan boy of NexusBytes / @seriesn.

cock and balls 💯

edited May 2021

@serverian said:
    @Francisco simply says that there might be naive customers/new comers who would get affected by it and he warns them. Not you.

You cannot blame naive customers or new comers as there is no disclaimer on HS's offer posts. Should there be one saying "You might get downtimes lasting weeks. Be aware", then it'd be all just.

There aren't warning labels on black mambas either.

But I get your (and @Francisco's) point, but again: If someone doesn't make the effort to get any information on a provider then, duh, ugly things can happen. And NOTHING will change this law of nature.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • @jsg said:

@serverian said:

There aren't warning label on rattlesnakes either.

But I get your (and @Francisco's) point, but again: If someone doesn't make the effort to get any information on a provider then, duh, ugly things can happen. And NOTHING will change this law of nature.

People avoid snakes because there is thousands of years of knowledge about them being dangerous. First people encountered with snakes got bitten and died. Then the knowledge got passed along generations and now people avoid them.

Here's another analogy since you seem to like them.

If you go to a restaurant that's full of customers, you wouldn't think that you'd get a "bad" service. You'd actually expect the opposite. The word "bad" here is being non-industry standard. i.e: The waiters might be yelling at the customers and the chef might be visiting tables and yelling at customers. The customers of the restaurant might like this behaviour and think they are getting a great value. But you wouldn't think that.

HS has a lot of customers praising their services here. So a new comer sees all the comments on HS's offer post and read a few of them and then think they'll be getting a great service since there are a lot of people praising it. They wouldn't think he's going to get a service with weeks of downtime with no explanation or tickets get unanswered for months.

Because generally people would think that good services get customers. The word "good" is being industry standard. i.e: 99% uptime and tickets getting replied in a few days at most. Because the general hosting industry has this standards.

So a new comer would think the host has this standards, otherwise he'd think it'd be silly if people are ordering these services. He wouldn't understand the reasoning of some of you guys. i.e: "This service is only good for backups of backups of backups of backups".

This reasoning might make sense to some of you but it would not make sense to a new comer.

So you cannot blame the new comer or a member of the community warning the new comer.

Hope it's more clear now.

• JabJabJabJab Member

@jugganuts said: nope both my locations are down for hdd storage burch and Oradea, so unless his UPS magically covered two datacenters he is a bullshit liar...

Uhhh that is kinda new. You really sure both those services were in different locations? When was last time you checked those? iirc there was some 'moving' of services and you could have ended in one location and that would (just a little) explain shit :D

• isunbejoisunbejo Member
    edited May 2021

31.5K views 718 comments

Lol :#

• @isunbejo said:
    31.5K views 718 comments

Lol :#

More than community rule thread. :smiley:

Thanked by 1skorupion
This discussion has been closed.