Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WholeSaleInternet $10 servers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WholeSaleInternet $10 servers

telephonetelephone Member
edited February 2016 in General

Just grabbed me a Core2Duo :)

Link: https://wholesaleinternet.net/dedicated/

Available:

• Dual Core Atom Preconfigured (Out of stock)
  • AMD 248 Preconfigured (Out of stock)
  • Intel Core2Duo Preconfigured (Out of stock)

EDIT: All $10 servers out of stock. Congrats to those who managed to get one.

Comments

• How much BW can you actually use on these?

• AMD 248 Preconfigured Out Of Stock as well.

• not recommended at all... save yourself the headaches and avoid this shit.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

10$ Atom? Nah, CPU price performance so swag.

• JoeMerit said: not recommended at all... save yourself the headaches and avoid this shit.

Well people are fond of such kind of shit, otherwise how are they sold out fast?

• Bought Atom. Might make a decent backup node till I buy a Pi + 1TB hdd

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Infinity580 said:
    10$ Atom? Nah, CPU price performance so swag.

Ordered 2GB Atom, got Core2 with 4GB of memory. Not great but better than the Atoms they usually throw around :)

Still not bad for $10 in US.

• 主机推介网 said: Well people are fond of such kind of shit, otherwise how are they sold out fast?

everyone is willing to try something once I guess.

• @jarland said:
    Still not bad for $10 in US.

Atom has disappeared?

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Atom has disappeared?

That was fast.

• @jarland said:
    That was fast.

Its not just sold out its disappeared

• @JoeMerit said:
    not recommended at all... save yourself the headaches and avoid this shit.

I partially agree. If you're planning on using this as a primary server then save yourself the headache. However, if it's for a secondary server (backups, streaming, or a file mirror) then I don't see a problem.

• I have 3 servers with them, 1 opteron, 1 core2duo and 1 core2quad. The stock is renewed often, just enter your email in the page that appears after you press the red "order here". You will receive an automatic email when they restock the configuration you want.
    The performance is decent, very good for the price. In the core2quad I have 5 vps in there with several medium traffic sites and a personal w*** installation for testing. It behave well.
    This last server is already on for over 5 months without any noticable hickup. So, I assume (at least to my experience) they do not offer shit, as a previous reader stated, but a really decent service with a very good price.
    Just, do not expect a performance equal to an E3v3 with raid10 and 1GB flat network for the price of 10$ per month.

• I have like 5 of those and like 5 quad cores :)

• Ok, well enjoy the ancient failing HDDs... take a look at those S.M.A.R.T. reports..

Thanked by 1doughmanes

@JoeMerit said:
    Ok, well enjoy the ancient failing HDDs... take a look at those S.M.A.R.T. reports..

Actually don't. Ignorance is bliss :P

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Have any of you checked the reviews for them? I ended up doing a PayPal dispute on them over some failing disks, blackscreening servers and general incompetence leading to support requests taking 10x the time they should have. I won the dispute. Just a warning (you reserve the right to ignore me)

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited December 2015

Looking at your username, please give us an exclusive call next time :(.

telephone said: EDIT: All $10 servers out of stock. Congrats to those who managed to get one.

• I don't give a sh them being dual homed with cheap upstreams as well as hardware. Just need them for rock bottom prices . for other usage I choose other providers

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • edited December 2015

Wrong thread

• Joe's DC has AMD Opteron 170 2-Core/Atom for $16/mo, in stock.

Basically Datashack/WSI/Joe's is all the same thing.

• doughmanes said: Basically Datashack/WSI/Joe's is all the same thing.

Joe's isn't AFAIK.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited December 2015

JoeMerit said: Ok, well enjoy the ancient failing HDDs... take a look at those S.M.A.R.T. reports..

Sorry, didn't say that those vps are not critical mission, I keep daily backups in more than one location and I know that the drives are old-aged and frequently observe them with smartmontools. Of course, I wouldn't recommend for live critical sites but for side projects when uptime is not the most vital aspect, and with frequent backups or disaster recovery plan, then, they are fine. So, keeping in mind that and, yes, the servers -for 10$- are fine.

edited December 2015

So I ordered the $10 Atom with 2GB RAM and 500GB HD. Here's what I got:

• Intel Core2 6700 (2.66GHz)
    • 4GB RAM
    • 750GB Seagate Barracuda (ST3750525AS)

Of course, as is standard for them, on 1Gbps port and not 100mbit.

HD SMART status: http://sprunge.us/RVeT

I still say best deal inside the US for budget dedi. Of course, wouldn't store anything I needed and didn't have elsewhere on the disk obviously. Wouldn't do that with a single drive configuration anywhere.

Thanked by 2doughmanes telephone
  • yomero said: Joe's isn't AFAIK.

"All the same thing" like ordering from Company A, B and C who all are on a certain network/DC (such as ColoCrossing)

• @jarland said:
    So I ordered the $10 Atom with 2GB RAM and 500GB HD. Here's what I got:

• Intel Core2 6700 (2.66GHz)
    • 4GB RAM
    • 750GB Seagate Barracuda (ST3750525AS)

That's a score! You got better specs than the core2 I ordered:

• Intel Core2 6400 (2.13GHz)
    • 4GB RAM
    • 250GB Western Digital RE3 (WD2502ABYS) (3.9 years old)

Maybe they saw you're the new admin for LET and beefed up your order :D

• Core 2 duo & 250gb Western Digital RE3 with 28520 hours (3.2557078 years) power on time. It's still got a few years left in it I'm sure! Very cheap but it works great, not much downtime and can still push 100mbit/100ms to the UK. Using it as a remote desktop to install dedicated servers over IPMI so I can boot from a mounted ISO without having to wait days.

Using iperf and wget I can upload at 600-900Mbps to most of my US servers, but I won't be the one to abuse them not being able to set port speeds ;)

• Pity, I would have grabbed one of these.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited December 2015

0xdragon said: Pity, I would have grabbed one of these.

They restock items every some days. Just chose the one you want and enter your email to be notified when they are available. But be sure that you check often your mail, because the stock, especially for the cheap ones, is disappearing just after minutes.

Thanked by 2netomx 0xdragon
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Beyond me is how anyone can suck it up and buy the Atom, when for the same price others got a much better deal. Dunno about their Core Duo, but the dual Opteron 248 is easily a 3-4x better CPU than that.