Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WholeSaleInternet $10 servers - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WholeSaleInternet $10 servers

Comments

• @AaronW said:
    Also, I'll throw this out there for you guys with the $10 Core2Duos. I have a lot (I mean a LOT) of 250GB drives sitting around. If you want another drive put int here for backup purposes, open a ticket and we'll drop a second 250GB drive in there free of charge.

AWESOME!!! ticket going in now

• Mines been added also! :)

• Got my 2nd drive added :) does anyone know of a good tutorial to setup Software RAID 1 on a running Debian 8 system?

• Sweet. Got my new drive in. Did have a bit of issue with it booting back up(sounds like the bios selected the new blank drive for boot). Tim fixed it for me in about 5 minutes. This time got a Western Digital Enterprise drive with 3.84 years of power on. So got a mix of drives at least. Here is the full smart data for anyone who cares. It does also show a smart test was ran within the past hour of power up. which is reassuring it was tested at least short test :)

http://pastebin.com/sFzgPb1r

Cheers @AaronW

• @sin said:
    Got my 2nd drive added :) does anyone know of a good tutorial to setup Software RAID 1 on a running Debian 8 system?

I would be interested as well. Please tag me if someone post it.

• mitpatterson said: I would be interested as well. Please tag me if someone post it.

+1

• Same, Would love to know how to RAID it! :-)

• Thanks for the additional disks, @AaronW !

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @telephone

Done.

Thanked by 1telephone
  • @AaronW - ticket 789197

• AaronWAaronW Member, Patron Provider

@black said:
    Anyone get a sever with SSDs? If so what kind of drives are they using?

Mostly Crucial and Samsung

• Well that was a little unfortunate for me, notice there was stock for the $10 dedis and go to pick one up.
    First try through my CC and got told it's not accepted so start the order over and this time go through paypal. As I hit the payment button it tells me they're out of stock :(.

Such poor luck on my behalf ahah.

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • DeanDean Member
    edited February 2016

@umcookies - that's probably my fault.. I ordered and paid with PayPal and it got provisioned straight away.

• @AaronW Thank you for the additional drive! :)

• UmcookiesUmcookies Member
    edited February 2016

@DeanKamitsis said:
    umcookies - that's probably my fault.. I ordered and paid with PayPal and it got provisioned straight away.

Well then, no need to rub it in :P.
    It's probably in better hands with you anyway.

• Thanks for the extra drive :D

• Wow, that was fast! Got additional drive in less than 15min
    http://i.imgur.com/srgeqwW.png

• @AaronW said:
    Also, I'll throw this out there for you guys with the $10 Core2Duos. I have a lot (I mean a LOT) of 250GB drives sitting around. If you want another drive put int here for backup purposes, open a ticket and we'll drop a second 250GB drive in there free of charge.

Only applies for c2d's ?
    I have 14 servers with you like 4 c2d :)

• Got the extra drive in around 10 minutes. They must have started stocking energy-drinks on site.

Cheers!

• Got all my servers with them additional disks, thanks @AaronW!! Now I have to squeeze my lunch budget again in order to keep them all :D

Support team has been always responsive and helpful. First class support compare to other budget provider (Kimsufi etc.) Had a painful HW issue (not related to disk) but their support team never leave me alone and wait too long until it has been solved.

• Damnit I just let a machine go because I was put off by lack of raid on old disks...

• DJBillDJBill Member
    edited February 2016

Looks like they have a few back in stock... for the moment! Very tempted but I have to many things right now, LOL

Guess I was wrong... Red is not available.

• Woohoo, looks like I finally managed to snag one.

• I said you guys, WSI are the best and the cheapest. Jealousy is something bad :)

• k0nsl said: Thanks! However, I've got BCM5722 in all of 'em. So that's not it :/

Hey I've got the BCM5721 and I'm also having the same problem...my ssh connection will drop and then I can't ping my machine at all. I end up having to reboot the machine from wholesale's panel to get it up again but then 10 to 30 minutes later it will drop out again.

Did you ever find a fix for this? I'm going to try troubleshooting the problem some more today, it's driving me nuts lol.

• I didn't ever do anything about it myself nor did I submit any tickets about it. Somehow it appears to have magically resolved itself on it's own.

Now it is under "heavy" network load every day and isn't exhibiting any of those earlier symptoms.

@sin said:
    Did you ever find a fix for this? I'm going to try troubleshooting the problem some more today, it's driving me nuts lol.

• @AaronW said:

Can I get one of those in a Core2Quad?

• k0nsl said: I didn't ever do anything about it myself nor did I submit any tickets about it. Somehow it appears to have magically resolved itself on it's own.

Hrmm...what OS are you using? I'm using Debian 8...might try CentOS 7 and see what happens. It's just driving me nuts because there's no errors in the log files or anything it just randomly drops.

Could be the sleep function on the motherboards. I'll have the techs make sure that's turned off.

Right now we are only doing the extra 250s in the Core2Duos and the AMD248s.