Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WholeSaleInternet $10 servers - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WholeSaleInternet $10 servers

Comments

• AaronWAaronW Member, Patron Provider

@edan said:
    yes, and they have top-notch support. Surprised on how they handle any problems (support ticket etc.) very quickly.

Thank you. Our technicians are expected to answer a ticket within 10 minutes.

Thanked by 1edan

@masterqqq said:
    Announce own range to you guys using own asn.

Yes. We would do that. it would need to be a custom setup though. Not a preconfig server and it would take 3 or 4 days to get everything set up just because it needs to go to engineering and those guys are busy.

• @AaronW Could you please offer a Sexcore server too?

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @AaronW said:

Do you know how far out this is? I have a yearly subscription on a server that is going to run out in a few weeks and would love to move over to this server instead.

@cassa said:
    AaronW Could you please offer a Sexcore server too?

The 5639s are dual sexcore.

@Eobble said:
    Do you know how far out this is? I have a yearly subscription on a server that is going to run out in a few weeks and would love to move over to this server instead.

Once we get the first config online we'll start working on the second. We're waiting on some new network equipment to show up (hopefully tomorrow) and then we'll be good to go.

Also, for those of you with our low low end servers (and the others too, I guess) the customer side of our IP provisioning system went live this morning. You can now log in, and add IPs to your server up to a /27. The system is automated so you log in, order the IPs, fill out the justification form and the system will automatically add the IPs to your VLAN. No more waiting on the techs to do it.

We're limiting it to one additional allocation every 30 days. If you need more sooner you can request them, it'll just be done manually.

• @AaronW said:
    Also, for those of you with our low low end servers (and the others too, I guess) the customer side of our IP provisioning system went live this morning. You can now log in, and add IPs to your server up to a /27. The system is automated so you log in, order the IPs, fill out the justification form and the system will automatically add the IPs to your VLAN. No more waiting on the techs to do it.

We're limiting it to one additional allocation every 30 days. If you need more sooner you can request them, it'll just be done manually.

$2.40 per IP ? That's insane... The /29 cost more than the server itself.

It's $1.50 an IP.

• entrailzentrailz Member, Host Rep

@AaronW said:
    It's $1.50 an IP.

Hey Aaron,

Do you have a time estimate for when the E5 servers are good to go? Really hyped to pick one up to do some testing.

Thanks.

@entrailz said:
    Do you have a time estimate for when the E5 servers are good to go? Really hyped to pick one up to do some testing.

The first batch will go online tomorrow. That's the $99 machines though. The lower spec'd ones will be next week.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • entrailzentrailz Member, Host Rep

@AaronW said:

Hey,

Thanks for replying - will be waiting for next week.

Appreciate it a lot.

• @AaronW said:
    The first batch will go online tomorrow. That's the $99 machines though. The lower spec'd ones will be next week.

What about the higher spec'd ones?

The batch going online tomorrow are 96GB RAM and 1TB SSD.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited February 2016

I'm about to cancel my $10 USD server. Sent a ticket asking if they'd pro-rate if I order another server for $25, and also asked which servers they had ready for instant provisioning, as I need a server really fast.
    Got sent to sales who don't work 24/7 (obviously), and they didn't reply to my question. Once I inquired them, they replied that they don't know what servers they have ready for instant provisioning... ? Does it make any sense for a DC to not know which servers are ready for instant provision, when a client asks for it in an urgently manner?

Doesn't make that much sense. They also immediately closed the ticket as well. I'm a $10USD customer but I could be a $100 or a $1000 one in the coming months.

/cancelling

Edit: There you go, cancelled. Still remember the first account I had with them back in 2010. Did want to come back as a customer and keep it for a long-time but, even though they reply really fast,e hte support responses are quite inadequate to my opinion.
    Still a pretty good service for the buck, they're amazing.

• Should I let go my 2 kidechires for this one?

• @NanoG6 said:
    Should I let go my 2 kidechires for this one?

Specs ? Willing to transfer ?

• @Junkless said:
    Specs ? Willing to transfer ?

Nah, kidechires are not transferable

• Dayummm

• Shameful, I just got my first dedicated server in my life.

@MrGeneral said:
    I'm about to cancel my $10 USD server. Sent a ticket asking if they'd pro-rate if I order another server for $25, and also asked which servers they had ready for instant provisioning, as I need a server really fast.
    Got sent to sales who don't work 24/7 (obviously), and they didn't reply to my question. Once I inquired them, they replied that they don't know what servers they have ready for instant provisioning... ? Does it make any sense for a DC to not know which servers are ready for instant provision, when a client asks for it in an urgently manner?

Doesn't make that much sense. They also immediately closed the ticket as well. I'm a $10USD customer but I could be a $100 or a $1000 one in the coming months.

/cancelling

Edit: There you go, cancelled. Still remember the first account I had with them back in 2010. Did want to come back as a customer and keep it for a long-time but, even though they reply really fast,e hte support responses are quite inadequate to my opinion.
    Still a pretty good service for the buck, they're amazing.

Everything on the website is available for instant provisioning. That's why they all say "preconfigured". Blue buttons are in stock, red ones are not.

The techs are not sales or billing people. They will lose their jobs if they tell you something is available and it's not. Just because we might have a configuration ready to go in a rack doesn't mean it's available. Sales determines when and where servers are placed for sale. Technicians sole job is technical support.

• tenperatenpera Member
    edited February 2016

Just because we might have a configuration ready to go in a rack doesn't mean it's available

->

Everything on the website is available for instant provisioning

• Anyone managed to setup RAID1 with Debian 8?

• AaronW said: Everything on the website is available for instant provisioning

Any chance of more of the $10 servers becoming available soon? Been waiting all weekend to pick another up :(.

• @sin said:

I'm interested why you guys want the c2d ao bad and show no signs of interest in say the c2q

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@AaronW said:

Sure thing @Aaron, I appreciate the input!

• @tenpera said:
    Just because we might have a configuration ready to go in a rack doesn't mean it's available

->

Everything on the website is available for instant provisioning

You're assuming everything that is racked is on their site. Likely they have some decent inventory racked, and not in the sales system...thus not available for provisioning.

If you want to criticize WSI, it's that they priced their latest offering SO low that server collectors came in and snatched them all up. People who need to provision steadily increasing capacity like me are left out of the fun. That and the fact that internal network traffic counts against BW quotas. I (and other big data guys) would be all over the 96gb if a) they were in stock and b) wouldn't chew through their 20TB quota quickly with internal traffic.

@AaronW You may not be hurting for the biz, but hell if you could have inventory a bit more consistently and get your metering to differentiate between internal vs external, you'd have interest from a whole new market segment.

• @iwaswrongonce said:
    AaronW You may not be hurting for the biz, but hell if you could have inventory a bit more consistently and get your metering to differentiate between internal vs external, you'd have interest from a whole new market segment.

I think he must have the oak tower fully bloated of servers lol and most likely he will just stick to the formula he knows works best for him.

I'd also love to be able to make a pool of bw from all the boxes I own but I guess that's not feasible

• iwaswrongonceiwaswrongonce Member
    edited February 2016

@inthecloudblog said:
    I think he must have the oak tower fully bloated of servers lol and most likely he will just stick to the formula he knows works best for him.

If it aint broke, don't fix it. From my few PMs with Aaron, he seems like a solid guy with a solid business. No reason to change it if it works for you.

@inthecloudblog said:
    I'd also love to be able to make a pool of bw from all the boxes I own but I guess that's not feasible

I don't want a pool of bandwidth. In fact, I would rather trade him 20TB BW for unmetered internal BW. He is at a price point where people who just want the hardware and power would be all over him. Doing map/reduce-esque type of workloads, I need very little external bandwidth. Maybe a few TB/cluster/mo to load in external data (again, counting ingress is a bit odd given asymmetry of typical DC). I am still a few months out from locking in a provider, but if WSI could offer me 20 of the 96gb servers w/ unlimited internal BW...I would tell our investors we had locked up a provider and be done with it. But now we are forced to look at OVH in CA/FR which means our legal/compliance has to get involved since it opens us up to new regulations.

• Not bad plenty of uses for a cheap price i guess.