Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WholeSaleInternet $10 servers - Page 19
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WholeSaleInternet $10 servers

1131415161719»

Comments

• AaronWAaronW Member, Patron Provider

entrailz said: Just want to make sure its OK for me to have installed Windows the way I did haha?

That's fine, although it could really mess up the server if someone tried to load an OS that didn't work so we disabled the ability to do that. :)

andrewn said: any chance for Windows support on these $10 servers?

No. To much different hardware in those to get all the drivers we would need slipstreamed properly.

entrailz said: Ah I assume sadly their default ISO's dont have the driver for the 82574L :(

The profiles are customized for the different hardware platforms. Loading the profile for one platform on a different one probably wouldn't be a great idea.

akhfa said: Is this really 100 Mbps unmetered @AaronW ? The speedtest is over 100 Mbps....

All of them are on 1Gbit ports. The reason we only advertise 100Mbit is because we have some systems that only have 100Mbit NICs.

• kzedkzed Member

@AaronW, no plan to support debian 7 on E5 server?

• So if you advertise 100mbit unmetered and someone gets a 1 gigabit port, how is the billing done?

• @AaronW

two questions which I asked in the post above but probably slipped through the crack (I knew it was a long post):

1. Is it possible to have the C2D servers to have 1Gbit ports with limited bandwidth (like actually 1Gbit speed)?

2. Are internal bandwidth counted towards bandwidth quota?

• JoeMerit said: So if you advertise 100mbit unmetered and someone gets a 1 gigabit port, how is the billing done?

>

Well it has to do with overages also.. make your own conclusion ;)

• @AaronW is IP announcement a possibility or bgp ? wsi is out of ips and it too expensive :/ ($1.6/IP)

• @AaronW are all dedicated plans all monthly possible for further discounts on yearly?

• @spammy said:

It's been answered before not sure if its in this thread (but i bet it is) didn't go back to check, "All" servers have 1Gbit/s ports but some old hardware only had 100Mbit/s NIC's so that's why the very low-end systems lists with 100mbit unmetered.
    But if you're "allowed" to max the 1Gbit/s all the time without them contacting you about it i can't answer but bursting for periods is no problem.

There is currently no way (at least without them doing special setups) to separate internal and external traffic so all traffic that leaves your port is counted.

Thanked by 1spammy
  • Huhhh.. I am really happy.
    I feel very lucky got E5 from you @AaronW :D
    hours ago i visited your website and found E5 for $49 but did not buy it yet.
    After 3 hours, i visited again and i lost this deals. Damn...

Now i got better deal :D E5 2x240SSD for $59. Like a dream.
    I think will not get it from other although from vulmedirve :D. Really nice offer.

Hi @AaronW , you said about 10G before, is it posible to upgrate 10G connection? it is amazing.

@spammy said:
    AaronW

two questions which I asked in the post above but probably slipped through the crack (I knew it was a long post):

1. Is it possible to have the C2D servers to have 1Gbit ports with limited bandwidth (like actually 1Gbit speed)?

2. Are internal bandwidth counted towards bandwidth quota?

1. Are internal bandwidth counted towards bandwidth quota?
      I have asked it before to their support, they count internal bandwith. So this is bad if we want to build storage like NFS or iscsi.

Hi AaronW, is it posible to install our custom iso?
    i got some error with your OS template.
    thanks

Thanked by 1spammy
  • zezezeze Member

Can anyone help?

Does their lowend line, the Core2's come with a Desktop class Motherboard? the one with built-in display (would be nice if it supports Directx but nothing fancy is ok)

I'll be using it to stream to Youtube. looking for options.

Thanks

• ARiEWWWARiEWWW Member

Mine was deployed with the following motherboard:
    dmidecode -t 2

dmidecode 2.12

SMBIOS 2.4 present.

Handle 0x0002, DMI type 2, 8 bytes
    Base Board Information
    Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    Product Name: G33M-S2L
    Version: x.x

This has an Intel GMA 3100 onboard

• _Nic_Nic Member

ARiEWWW said: dmidecode

I got Dell Optiplex 755

# dmidecode 2.12
    SMBIOS 2.5 present.

Handle 0x0200, DMI type 2, 8 bytes
    Base Board Information
            Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
            Product Name: 0GM819
            Version:
            Serial Number: ...

• Coop31Coop31 Member

But how do we actually separate internal and external traffic so all traffic that leaves your port is counted?

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

Looks like they have some more 10 dollar servers in stock for those of you who might want one.. I figure it will go fast

• lootloot Member

SMBIOS 2.4 present.

Handle 0x0005, DMI type 2, 20 bytes
    Base Board Information
    Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
    Product Name: D945GCLF2
    Version: AAE46416-107

Latest batch. I swer that the ad said 4GB of RAM but the board only supports 2...