Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WholeSaleInternet $10 servers - Page 16
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WholeSaleInternet $10 servers

Comments

• jarland said: Did you ask them about it?

I did not, was not really worth the time. Someone else can ask about it, either the next user or whoever it gets transferred to.

Also, isn't that incoming?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Damian said: isn't that incoming?

Ah good point.

• Rob92Rob92 Member

@Damian said:
    Are these transferrable? I'm about to cancel it because I can't get over 20 mbit/sec outgoing to any destination, but if it's transferrable, I'll gladly move it to someone.

Wow, that's quite odd :o I know speedtest isn't really accurate for servers, but these are the results I get when running

• telephonetelephone Member
    edited March 2016

Rob92 said: Wow, that's quite odd :o I know speedtest isn't really accurate for servers, but these are the results I get when running

You're testing the speed within the same facility...

EDIT: Meant within the same city, which means WSI is most likely peered with them (KCIX).

• Rob92Rob92 Member
    edited March 2016

@telephone said:
    You're testing the speed within the same facility...

Most likely, but even to a different server it's blazing fast :D

• @ManofServer said:

Do you have any instructions on how you did this? Or how you started doing it?

• AaronWAaronW Member, Patron Provider

telephone said: You're testing the speed within the same facility... EDIT: Meant within the same city, which means WSI is most likely peered with them (KCIX).

We are not peered with them and last I knew, that server only had 1Gbit so if more than one speed test is running at a time your results wouldn't be that good.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Thread started to discuss $10 servers ends with El Cheapo buying a $99 server.

Well played, WSI, well played...

• AaronW said: I would be interested in that ticket number because that's their job.... To replace faulty hardware. Since we've been rolling out more and more automation that's pretty much their only job so I would be very interested to find out who transferred you to a different department for hardware replacement. :(

First I get this

As these are unmanaged servers we do not monitor customer services so you need to let us know when the server goes down. We will look into this shortly and update you when we have more information.

Kind of contradictory to what you say their tasks are in terms of what their job is and the automation and all that

It appears the system has failed and needs to be replaced. please send us the login information so we can get this swapped to different hardware and back online.

Woops. Overages need to be paid and faulty hardware and lack of service is not credited?

• Hello,

Anyone here who can help me to setup soft raid 1 on the core2duo with centos 7?
    I have 2 disks on it.

• edanedan Member
    edited March 2016

@shivoham said:
    Hello,

Anyone here who can help me to setup soft raid 1 on the core2duo with centos 7?
    I have 2 disks on it.

I make this tuts :) https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/78509/tutorial-install-centos-7-remotely-through-vnc

• Thnx @edan. Will try

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Nekki said:
    Thread started to discuss $10 servers ends with El Cheapo buying a $99 server.

Well played, WSI, well played...

LOL

• shivoham said: Anyone here who can help me to setup soft raid 1 on the core2duo with centos 7? I have 2 disks on it.

You can also install webmin and use the gui tools to setup raid, it is easier than plain commands in a console.

Thanked by 1shivoham
  • If anyone is wanting to stop theirs I am happy to accept a transfer - its very hard to get one I have been pressing F5 for ages!

• OldkyOldky Member
    edited March 2016

Why so waiting and pressing on f5 when already has the button "Order Now". Although the blue or red, you can click on it and "enter your email address to be notified when this server is back in stock"

• Yep I have done that and I haven't been notified of new stock... it is an automated system and as a machine comes free it changes the stock level. This happens several times a day from what I can see, however I haven't been notified once so I don't really trust it that much.

• UmcookiesUmcookies Member
    edited March 2016

@deFRAGer said:
    Yep I have done that and I haven't been notified of new stock... it is an automated system and as a machine comes free it changes the stock level. This happens several times a day from what I can see, however I haven't been notified once so I don't really trust it that much.

The system was explained earlier by AaronW (WSI's rep), the system grabs the first five users in the list and emails them that there's stock. After X minutes if there is still stock it emails the next five that there's stock. So on and so forth.

Ninja edit: Can't find the post where Aaron explained it so can't confirm that's the exactly way it works but I'm fairly sure that's what it was.

• @Umcookies said:
    Ninja edit: Can't find the post where Aaron explained it

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1562072/#Comment_1562072

Thanked by 1Umcookies
  • RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

AMD 248 or Core2Duo? Which one is better?

• OldkyOldky Member
    edited March 2016

Yes exactly. I think it is fair manner, such waiting for you turn time. But I still think that would not be fair to those who are waiting a long time for server avaible to taked away / Order before them. This should @AaronW do if he have not already.

• That Intel Core 2 Duo server is Dell?

• Radi said: AMD 248 or Core2Duo?

C2D is not the same in all machines, so, you may grab a stronger cpu with vt-x or you may grab a weaker without vt-x. 248 does not have virtualization extensions but the dual cpu setup is much stronger than the atoms and nano everybody gives for the same or higher price.

• @andrewn said:
    That Intel Core 2 Duo server is Dell?

a dell desktop (optiplex)

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

boernd said: a dell desktop (optiplex)

Are you shitting me? A Dell desktop sold as a server... I thought LET had gotten low, but not this low. Wow.

• sinsin Member

Oldky said: Why so waiting and pressing on f5 when already has the button "Order Now". Although the blue or red, you can click on it and "enter your email address to be notified when this server is back in stock"

Because it doesn't always work - both of the $10 servers I bought I had already signed up to email on both of them but I purchased those servers and never received the email first.

Thanked by 1Oldky
  • RizRiz Member

@hawc said:

Pretty sure this is how WSI offers what they do.

• @hawc said:
    Are you shitting me? A Dell desktop sold as a server... I thought LET had gotten low, but not this low. Wow.

This isn't really a new practice, plenty of hosts offer desktop grade hardware for cheaper than real server gear.

Thanked by 1asf
  • OldkyOldky Member

@sin said:

Ah ok, i recived evry time i wanted order on "waiting list", i got email. Perhaps now is a bit overcrowded system and should work a bit on it.

• Rob92Rob92 Member

@andrewn said:
    That Intel Core 2 Duo server is Dell?

I think it must vary between them because I got an Asus P5Q SE2 board in mine which I don't think dell used in Optiplex machines. I also got an old ATI video card too because of the lack of on board video.

Base Board Information
    Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer INC.
    Product Name: P5Q SE2

01:00.1 Display controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] RV370 GL [FireGL V3100] (Secondary) (rev 80)