Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WholeSaleInternet $10 servers - Page 17
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WholeSaleInternet $10 servers

Comments

• rdesrdes Member

@Setsura said:
    This isn't really a new practice, plenty of hosts offer desktop grade hardware for cheaper than real server gear.

Oh, @hawc explores world ;)...

OVH Kimsufis are also desktop hardware, even without enclosure - just mainboard with components - https://lafibre.info/images/ovh/201105_rbx1_fait_en_2007_une_range_de_100_serveurs_par_baie_soit_1600_serveurs_sur_12m_2.jpg.

• AaronWAaronW Member, Patron Provider

@Umcookies said:
    Ninja edit: Can't find the post where Aaron explained it so can't confirm that's the exactly way it works but I'm fairly sure that's what it was.

You are correct. That's how the system works. 5 emails every 5 minutes until stock is gone.

What some people are doing is using an auto refresh script that checks the code and alerts them is the button changes from red to blue.

sin said: Because it doesn't always work - both of the $10 servers I bought I had already signed up to email on both of them but I purchased those servers and never received the email first.

The you caught it before the email went out. For example, the system goes back in stock and is placed on the site. Anyone can order it and the system starts sending emails. It's completely possible that if 5 units are available and 5 people are refreshing then they'll get the systems before the second round of emails get sent. If you're #200 on the email list but you're refreshing your screen and grab them then you won't get the email before you got the server. Once you get the server the system will remove you from the waiting list even if the email hasn't been sent because the logic is that you got the server, you don't want to be notified when it comes in stock again.

Setsura said: This isn't really a new practice, plenty of hosts offer desktop grade hardware for cheaper than real server gear.

Even OVH and Hetzner offer "consumer grade" hardware (look at the pics on their website for the tower machines on the shelves)

With us, anything that's a desktop processor is probably a consumer grade box. Anything that's a Xeon or Opteron is either a 1U, Blade or OCP server.

Thanked by 1ManofServer

Speaking of waiting lists....

https://www.wholesaleinternet.net/cart/?id=277

Probably be ready tomorrow. As promised I'm putting them here first before we release them to the general public.

Thanked by 2k0nsl Oldky
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@AaronW said:

Probably be ready tomorrow. As promised I'm putting them here first before we release them to the general public.

Price?

Thanked by 1AaronW

MrGeneral said: Price?

This is the $49 spec I promised earlier in the thread.

Thanked by 2lay295 MikePT
  • wow, this is an unbeatable offer

Other providers can only offer servers with a slow 6 year old cpu and less ram for that price...

Thanked by 1AaronW

boernd said: Other providers can only offer servers with a slow 6 year old cpu and less ram for that price...

Oh. We offer 6 year old CPUs with less RAM for that price too. :)

Thanked by 2boernd ManofServer
  • @AaronW
    I see on your website that the bandwidth is increased from 20 TB to 33 TB, is this also for the current clients ?

• 33TB Monthly Transfer
    • 5 usable IPv4 Address
    • /64 IPv6 Address Block**

active8 said: @AaronW I see on your website that the bandwidth is increased from 20 TB to 33 TB, is this also for the current clients ?

Hmmm... That wasn't supposed to go live until midnight but to answer your question, yes. All current customers will get the upgrade. There is a little programming to do to effect that change so it might now show up into your customer panel until later tonight.

Thanked by 3telephone active8 sin
  • @AaronW said:
    Anything that's a Xeon or Opteron is either a 1U, Blade or OCP server.

My E3-1230v2 with WSI is a desktop computer with desktop board and desktop non-ECC RAM.

• what's wrong with desktop computer?

• >

Nice to omit from commenting about this hw failure and lack of compensation, but you did take my $42 for overages when I clearly did not want the 1gig/20tb .

And no you did not reply to my PM as you said before .

inthecloudblog said: Nice to omit from commenting about this hw failure and lack of compensation, but you did take my $42 for overages when I clearly did not want the 1gig/20tb .

Your last post said:

inthecloudblog said: As these are unmanaged servers we do not monitor customer services so you need to let us know when the server goes down. We will look into this shortly and update you when we have more information.

>

Kind of contradictory to what you say their tasks are in terms of what their job is and the automation and all that

We don't proactively watch servers for failed hardware. It's an unmanaged service. When you told us you had a hardware issue we responded to it. As they should have.

inthecloudblog said: It appears the system has failed and needs to be replaced. please send us the login information so we can get this swapped to different hardware and back online.

>

Woops. Overages need to be paid and faulty hardware and lack of service is not credited?

You notified us of a problem at 20:35. You were responded to at 20:37. (2 minute response time) Your system was checked and then you were given an update at 21:10. (33 minutes) You didn't respond so the tech booted your system up in recovery for you and sent you the information at 02:20. Then you never responded after that so the ticket was closed.

If your downtime is caused by a hardware failure we're happy to credit you for the time from when you reported the issue to the time it was resolved. Since you opened the ticket and then never responded again the ticket was closed at 2:20. That's 6 hours. If you'd like a credit for those 6 hours please submit a ticket and billing will get it for you. Normally in this case, no, I wouldn't issue a credit because you never responded and therefore most of the downtime was caused by our technicians waiting on you.

Thanked by 1Legendlink
  • @AaronW said:

Any update on this? Can't wait to order one (or two ;)

• FredQcFredQc Member
    edited March 2016

@Nirvana said:
    Any update on this? Can't wait to order one (or two ;)

My 1TB SSD server was rebooted few hours ago, so I opened a ticket asking what was the problem and they said they where adding more servers in the same rack as mine at that time... (still doesn't explain why my server was rebooted lol) So I presume they are coming...

Thanked by 1Nirvana
  • @AaronW said:

Is it possible to have 1TB HDD rather than a SSD?

• @clarity_64 said:
    Do you have any instructions on how you did this? Or how you started doing it?

Reboot into rescue CD, your primary drive is mounted on /dev/sdax (sda5 in my case) and the rest is similar to the install Windows on Kimsufi as per @joodle 's tutorial

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/43275/install-windows-on-kimsufi-works-on-all-kimsufi-servers-updated

FredQc said: My 1TB SSD server was rebooted few hours ago, so I opened a ticket asking what was the problem and they said they where adding more servers in the same rack as mine at that time... (still doesn't explain why my server was rebooted lol) So I presume they are coming...

Uh... yea... Not sure why your server would have been rebooted. I'll check on that. :(

Nirvana said: Any update on this? Can't wait to order one (or two ;)

They were going to be on yesterday but we had a slight delay. Should be ready by tomorrow morning.

Thanked by 1Nirvana
    edited March 2016

spammy said: Is it possible to have 1TB HDD rather than a SSD?

We don't have any configured that way. Is there a technical reason? We're not buying very many platter drives these days as SSDs are where its going and they are BY FAR more popular.

• Here is what I see when I do an fdisk -l. Which one of those do I target? I have a disk at /dev/sda and /dev/sdb. I have tried to hit /dev/sda, but the system never came back up after a reboot.

Device    Boot     Start       End    Blocks  Id System
    /dev/sda1 *         2048    487423    242688  83 Linux
    /dev/sda2         489470 488278015 243894273   5 Extended
    /dev/sda5         489472 488089599 243800064  83 Linux
    /dev/sda6      488091648 488278015     93184  82 Linux swap / Solaris

• @AaronW said:
    We don't have any configured that way. Is there a technical reason? We're not buying very many platter drives these days as SSDs are where its going and they are BY FAR more popular.

Just want more storage space rather than fast SSD, since 250GB is not really a lot when you need to run a few VMs.

spammy said: Just want more storage space rather than fast SSD, since 250GB is not really a lot when you need to run a few VMs.

The low end models are going to be pretty limited. Right now we have one rack configured that way. After that we're planning on a config with 2x 240 SSDs and then 2x 480SSDs and 2x 1TB SSDs. Right now we don't have any plans to do anything but SSDs in these.

Even our lower spec machines, like 5420's that have 2TB Drives will be getting 240SSDs. On most configurations the SSD versions outsell the platter drive versions by as much as 5 to 1.

Thanked by 1spammy
  • lay295lay295 Member
    edited March 2016

@AaronW said:

Do you know if they will be ready today? I plan on ordering one :)

EDIT: Sorry didn't see you replied to a similar question earlier, just have been refreshing constantly

lay295 said: Do you know if they will be ready today? I plan on ordering one :)

I know they will not be ready today but will be ready tomorrow. :)

Thanked by 2lay295 ManofServer
  • AaronW said: We don't have any configured that way. Is there a technical reason? We're not buying very many platter drives these days as SSDs are where its going and they are BY FAR more popular.

Why not selling more configurations with SSD + HDD? It's always useful if you have some extra storage space.

• Looks like the 50USD dual E5 is up now

Thanked by 2telephone lay295
  • HxxxHxxx Member

One disk servers, such risk. That's the only thing holding me back.