Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WholeSaleInternet $10 servers - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WholeSaleInternet $10 servers

Comments

• AaronWAaronW Member, Patron Provider

For those of you waiting for a machine to be available: Our inventory is updated automatically in real time. Once a machine is canceled, or a new one put in the system, the system wipes the drive, performs a hardware test and then allocates it back to inventory. The process can take a couple hours but once the machine is ready it's on the site right away.

If you put your email in to be on the waiting list, once that server is in inventory again the system automatically emails the first 5 people on the list, then waits 5 minutes. If there's still stock it emails the next 5 people on the list, waits 5 minutes and so on so being on the list will get you notified right away.

We do not keep the email addresses that people put in to be on the list so no mass marketing on those. :) The entire life cycle of the servers is automated so you will know as soon as a server is available.

I can tell you, as of this minute, there are 2 Atoms and 2 AMD248s in the recycle process according to my inventory panel. They should be on the site in a hour or two. (The hardware test is pretty extensive and takes awhile)

Thanked by 2sin telephone
  • I'm on Debian 8 as well :)

...yes, it was rather frustrating.

@sin said:
    Hrmm...what OS are you using? I'm using Debian 8

Thanked by 1sin
  • sinsin Member
    edited February 2016

k0nsl said: I'm on Debian 8 as well :)

Thanks for the info :) every little bit of info helps while I attempt to troubleshoot this lol. It's been running for around 1 hour with no network drop so far...I'm not sure if this has any relation but I kept installing cpufrequtils so I could set the cpu mode to "performance" and get the 2.2GHz speed...this time I didn't install that and stayed on AMD's powersaving mode and so far it hasn't dropped but maybe that has nothing to do with it. If it drops again I'll try another OS.

• @AaronW said:
    For those of you waiting for a machine to be available

Sounds pretty neat, is this some in house system that does all this? Also you mentioned a template set up with raid 1 for the core 2 duos. Is that being working on and going to be on the site? or do i ticket for it?

It's all in house. All the software we use to manage the DC is created by us for us with the exception of some network monitoring tools we still use. :)

At this point we do not have plans to develop any further images for the core2duos. We have 2 guys who do that and they are frantically working on imaged for our $49 Dual E5-2670s. (oops. I wasn't supposed to talk about those yet)

• @AaronW said:
    .......... We have 2 guys who do that and they are frantically working on imaged for our $49 Dual E5-2670s. (oops. I wasn't supposed to talk about those yet)

What the ................... !

Thanked by 1netomx
  • shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2016

@AaronW said:
    $49 Dual E5-2670s.

You have my attention.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog

The $99 version is already on our site. I have a config I can fit into a $49 price point. it's not on the site yet and is probably 2-3 weeks out but it'll look something like this (specs are subject to change) Dual E5-2670, 32Gb RAM, 240Gb SSD, 10Gb Port.

Again, that's not final and I'll probably do a limited number, like 50, just to see if there's any interested in a low spec like that.

• @AaronW said:
    The $99 version is already on our site. I have a config I can fit into a $49 price point. it's not on the site yet and is probably 2-3 weeks out but it'll look something like this (specs are subject to change) Dual E5-2670, 32Gb RAM, 240Gb SSD, 10Gb Port.

Again, that's not final and I'll probably do a limited number, like 50, just to see if there's any interested in a low spec like that.

• @AaronW said:

Look around where you are. LOW is what makes this place tick.

Thanked by 1netomx

Like I said, the 96GB 1TB SSD and 2TB SSD versions are going online first but at the end of the day, the truth is I bought 2000 of these servers and I'd like to get them online sooner rather than later so there will be a variety of configs. That 32GB, 240 SSD config will probably be the lowest.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

@AaronW said:
    Like I said, the 96GB 1TB SSD and 2TB SSD versions are going online first but at the end of the day, the truth is I bought 2000 of these servers and I'd like to get them online sooner rather than later so there will be a variety of configs. That 32GB, 240 SSD config will probably be the lowest.

What type of ssds do you use?

@shovenose said:
    What type of ssds do you use?

Crucial and Samsung mostly

• entrailzentrailz Member, Host Rep

@AaronW said:

Do you have a list we can subscribe to for when this $49 (potential) server is out? Cannot miss out on this.

• @AaronW said:
    It's all in house. All the software we use to manage the DC is created by us for us with the exception of some network monitoring tools we still use. :)

At this point we do not have plans to develop any further images for the core2duos. We have 2 guys who do that and they are frantically working on imaged for our $49 Dual E5-2670s. (oops. I wasn't supposed to talk about those yet)

I'll take one! Where is the email list :D

• alexnjhalexnjh Member
    edited February 2016

@AaronW Erm do you guys offer bgp sessions for ipv6?

• edanedan Member
    edited February 2016

AaronW said: At this point we do not have plans to develop any further images for the core2duos.

But at least provides us some kind of rescue system, example if one of the disk broken (than replaced) and we need to do some task in the background before it boot up etc.

My raid 1 setup with the extra HDD:

# cat /proc/mdstat
    Personalities : [raid1]
    md0 : active raid1 sda3[0] sdb3[1]
          524224 blocks super 1.0 [2/2] [UU]

md2 : active raid1 sda2[0] sdb2[1]
          2095104 blocks super 1.1 [2/2] [UU]

md1 : active raid1 sda1[0] sdb1[1]
          241328128 blocks super 1.1 [2/2] [UU]
          [============>........]  resync = 61.3% (148118336/241328128) finish=29.9min speed=51890K/sec
          bitmap: 1/2 pages [4KB], 65536KB chunk

unused devices: 

• edan said: My raid 1 setup with the extra HDD

How did you get RAID 1 running?

• @sin said:

Install it remotely using VNC.

@entrailz said:
    Do you have a list we can subscribe to for when this $49 (potential) server is out? Cannot miss out on this.

Not yet but how about this: When we release them, I'll mention it here first before anywhere else.

Thanked by 2sin inthecloudblog

@masterqqq said:
    AaronW Erm do you guys offer bgp sessions for ipv6?

You want us to announce you're range or you want to announce the range to us?

@edan said:
    But at least provides us some kind of rescue system, example if one of the disk broken (than replaced) and we need to do some task in the background before it boot up etc.

There is a rescue CD boot option in the reload section of your customer panel. Just select that, hit reload and your system will be booted into the rescue mode.

Thanked by 1edan
  • @AaronW said:
    Not yet but how about this: When we release them, I'll mention it here first before anywhere else.

I'll be waiting with my wallet open.

• entrailzentrailz Member, Host Rep

@AaronW said:

I am awaiting! I'll need to be checking here very often. I can imagine there is going to be a large demand for that kind of server at that price!

• Aaron has be extremely helpful .

• edan said: But at least provides us some kind of rescue system, example if one of the disk broken (than replaced) and we need to do some task in the background before it boot up etc.

Most cheap dedicated providers won't let you do remotely even a reboot! They don;'t have any kind of remote control, so, for 10$ dedis, automatic reboots - reloads and rescue deserve a kudos for WSI

• AaronW said: There is a rescue CD boot option in the reload section of your customer panel. Just select that, hit reload and your system will be booted into the rescue mode.

Ups, not noticed that :) new to WSI.

@jvnadr said:
    Most cheap dedicated providers won't let you do remotely even a reboot! They don;'t have any kind of remote control, so, for 10$ dedis, automatic reboots - reloads and rescue deserve a kudos for WSI

yes, and they have top-notch support. Surprised on how they handle any problems (support ticket etc.) very quickly.

• @AaronW said:

Announce own range to you guys using own asn.

• AaronW said: I'll mention it here first before anywhere else

Really nice to have you here on LET Aaron :)

• rdesrdes Member
    edited February 2016

AMD and Core2Duo available now :).

Thanked by 1agonyzt