Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stallion 2 progress (with screenshots!) - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Stallion 2 progress (with screenshots!)

12345679»

Comments

• JacobJacob Member
    edited May 2013

I have to admit, it looks good @francisco.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Been a while since I've posted an update so here goes :)

Like previous weekends, I didn't work this one. Todays big projects has been getting panel<>node communication working. Users with admin rights can manage

http://209.141.39.7/vserver/1/

And start/stop/restart from the top nav. You'll see the jobs be completed with full action logs.

You can also ping 205.185.112.82 to see it in action.

Hostname/status/root password will be completed in the next little bit.

Francisco

Fairly large commit went up tonight. Reinstalling, setting IP address status (enabled/disabled), all admin controls (add/delete multi ip's, set resources, change ownership) are all in place. Root password setting, hostname as well as front page statistics are also nicely in place. As per earlier requests, we've made reinstall have a proper confirmation page as well as require users provide a root password for the install to use. We won't be storing any root passwords long term in stallion 2, with the only time a password is in there for the < 1 minute that a reinstall happens. Once a reinstall job completes (be it success or it failed), it'll blank the password from the jobs table.

Here's 2 screenshots for those curious what it all looks like:

Since the overview screenshot, the 'loads' part in the right hand side has been changed into a bar graph like the rest. % is based on your load points in relation to the amount of cores you have assigned. In other words, you have 2 cores and running a 2+ load? The graph will be 100%.

I'll be tying up the last few options today and then working on KVM on Friday some. KVM is a hell of a lot easier since I can offload a hunk of the work to existing bash scripts.

Francisco

• I want it so much :3

Have you considered rather than keeping it to yourself, licensing a version that is a couple feature-versions behind yours (except security related stuffs)

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Ijave not received The upgrade :(

• mojedamojeda Member

@netomx said: Ijave not received The upgrade :(

This is a private alpha/beta for select users.

@MrObvious said: Have you considered rather than keeping it to yourself, licensing a version that is a couple feature-versions behind yours (except security related stuffs)

Yes but we're not sure. More likely than not I'm going to pick a couple hosts that I really like and I'll license them stallion 2.

@mojeda said: This is a private alpha/beta for select users.

Not even private. A couple pages ago I linked up the public beta:

http://209.141.39.7
    login: testpony
    password: demo

Please, if you find a bug or something you'd like to see handled different? log it as a bug in the footer. Be sure to skim current tickets to make sure it isn't something already listed as planned/incomplete.

I'll provision a VPS to the account later today so then users can start testing the actual controls out. I'll also bind a small subnet of IP's so admin users can give things a proper test run.

As of right now the only controls needed for openvz are suspending and creation. The creation pages are going to be a bit of a pain in the butt so for now I'm ignoring them. I won't need them on launch anyways since we'll have our API's in place.

Francisco

• s_ks_k Member

Francisco, have you gotten to implementing OpenVZ console access? If so, what route did you go with it?

I'm just finishing it up with my control panel now and frankly it was a bit more complex than I expected, so I'm curious how you did it.

@s_k said: Francisco, have you gotten to implementing OpenVZ console access? If so, what route did you go with it?

I'm just finishing it up with my control panel now and frankly it was a bit more complex than I expected, so I'm curious how you did it.

I already got the node side code done in C. I haven't decided what ssh terminal I want to offer. Launch will likely be some crappy java based deal until I can integrate something nicer.

Francisco

• vRozenSch00nvRozenSch00n Member
    edited May 2013

@Franscisco Everything is perfect I guess, except the icon reminds me of:

Подмосковные вечера :P

@vRozenSch00n said: @Franscisco Everything is perfect I guess, except the icon reminds me of:

AAAAAH MOTHER PONY

The file is literally named aaahhhmotherland.png

I prefer that more :P

Francisco

• vRozenSch00nvRozenSch00n Member
    edited May 2013

@Francisco Nice Катюша one :P

@vRozenSch00n said: @Francisco Nice Катюша one :P

The reason we have it on the site is we came to the realization that we more or less embody the communist mentality of fair share for all clients :P

We were all cackling in chat so I figured I'd have a little fun.

Francisco

• @Francisco said: The reason we have it on the site is we came to the realization that we more or less embody the communist mentality of fair share for all clients :P

Ha ha ha nice shot :P

• mojedamojeda Member

@Francisco have you considered implementing built alerts with thresholds?

Alerts for: Bandwidth, Storage, etc

@mojeda said: @Francisco have you considered implementing built alerts with thresholds?

Alerts for: Bandwidth, Storage, etc

Whenever I integrate bandwidth accounting I'll add a new notification mode that alerts when you're at 80% of your bandwidth. I could likely do something for storage as well.

Francisco

• DStroutDStrout Member

Will billing/client area stuff be integrated in to Stallion 2?

@DStrout said: Will billing/client area stuff be integrated in to Stallion 2?

I figure it'll take Aldryic till the fall or so to get that all written. Probably a lot less, depends how quickly he picks up CI.

Francisco

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

And so, why did you ask in PM for a status IP?

static IP* ;)

The admin side isn't public in the sense of everyone can login.

There is enforced ACL controls.

You PM'd me a while back wanting to take part in the admin side beta.

Francisco

• kornnflakekornnflake Member
    edited May 2013

@Francisco what language do you use to code the page?

• @Francisco said: Yes but we're not sure. More likely than not I'm going to pick a couple hosts that I really like and I'll license them stallion 2.

Who do you like? :(

• SyedSyed Member

@kornnflake said: @Francisco what language do you use to code the page?

I believe(he said in this thread a couple times, pretty sure) he uses PHP + CodeIgniter for the front-end, and C for the back-end.