Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stallion 2 progress (with screenshots!) - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Stallion 2 progress (with screenshots!)

Comments

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Francisco said: On our production servers? Don't see why we would.

it as a joke :( you joke-ruiner

• NightNight Member

@Francisco when is the beta for the client side?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Night said: @Francisco when is the beta for the client side?

Not for a while yet. I'm working away at things but there's lots of things i'm having to go back and change around some because it doesn't quite fit what we ultimately want.

I lost some time last night because I forgot some of grouping controls and only noticed once I got reinstalls underway.

Right now i'm working on improving the authentication our developer originally wrote.

Francisco

• @Francisco how about image of some BitNami software not found in Turnkey?

@jcaleb said: @Francisco how about image of some BitNami software not found in Turnkey?

We make our own templates, that's a non issue.

Francisco

• Fancy, keep up the hard work!

• JTRJTR Member

@Francisco

Will the Brocade improve network performance? My VM refuses to push more than about 2MB/s over (multithreaded) FTP, but my home line can easily handle 4MB/s from other sources.

Granted, I'm in IL, but it's not that far away. Even OVH can push faster speeds than this!

I don't care about an ETA, I just want to know if the issues are because of the current router.

@JTR said: Will the Brocade improve network performance? My VM refuses to push more than about 2MB/s over (multithreaded) FTP, but my home line can easily handle 4MB/s from other sources.

Granted, I'm in IL, but it's not that far away. Even OVH can push faster speeds than this!

I don't care about an ETA, I just want to know if the issues are because of the current router.

There's a good chance it's because of this router.

Have you tried pulling off speedtest.lv.buyvm.net to see?

NY isn't getting a new router since it doesn't have an LACP.

Just waiting on Rob to confirm his side. I'm hoping for a Monday morning cut.

Francisco

• Your screenshot reminded me of this.

• JTRJTR Member

@Francisco said: There's a good chance it's because of this router.

Have you tried pulling off speedtest.lv.buyvm.net to see?

NY isn't getting a new router since it doesn't have an LACP.

Just waiting on Rob to confirm his side. I'm hoping for a Monday morning cut.

Francisco

I've tested to lv as well as my VPS many times before. My VPS and lv seem roughly similar, lv seems to be slightly faster on average (comparing http to http).

Cachefly, speedtest.net, NY, my vps in Chicago, etc all seem to be faster on average. Speeds seem to fluctuate quite a bit no matter what, but these ones are the only ones that seem to be consistent with the good speeds.

The issue could be with my ISP's routing too, or one of their peers' routing.

While speeds may burst fairly high, I don't think I've ever seen an average download speed of 3MB/s or higher when downloading from the server via FTP. These are long downloads though, not the paltry 100MB of a typical speedtest file.

Every time I think I've found the root of my issue, it slips away from me again... I've already spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out why speeds fluctuate like this over time, especially with large transfers.

I guess the only real way to prove the problem is in lv is to ftp or download large files from my two other servers at the same time I'd usually download from BuyVM, then to see if there's a speed difference.

Lets just get the brocade in and we'll go from there :)

Francisco

• @Francisco i sincerely hope you will get 10G uplink to the brocade and get rid of the horrible gigabit link bonding.

@rds100 said: @Francisco i sincerely hope you will get 10G uplink to the brocade and get rid of the horrible gigabit link bonding.

We're doing multipath over 2 unbonded 1gig ports :)

From there we'll do a 10gig in time

Francisco

• serverianserverian Member
    edited April 2013

@Francisco, any issues with libvirt to KVM?

Have you tried Ganeti?

@serverian said: @Francisco, any issues with libvirt to KVM?

Have you tried Ganeti?

I've had none but I do something similar to solus, which is I generate the .XML myself.

We tried to use the PHP libvirt class but it was really gimpy. In the end, building our own XML was easiest.

Francisco

Some more updates since a lot of you seem to enjoy them:

Finally got to the point where the front end pages are inserting jobs properly. While this sounds like a simple query, there's a lot of validation and having to lay out the system for way in the future.

I'm pretty happy with how it's forming. I wish I was further ahead but given how this job system is forming, it'll be alright.

I'll likely merge in customer side 'logs' today. I'm sure that now that I have the job code in place things will move at a much better clip :)

Given I've lost a lot of time this week I may not take this weekend off.

Francisco

edited April 2013

This weekend I've been hammering away at the IP addresses page for clients.

I think it looks and works pretty good:

I'll be messaging people their logins tomorrow probably. Sorry about the delay on that, I wanted to finish a few sections since I knew I was going to be breaking them.

Francisco

• BK_BK_ Member
    edited April 2013

@Francisco My design OCD doesn't like the padding differences on the top/bottom of the search bar (edit although I guess it does align with the text) :( But other than that, nice & sleek!

@BK_ said: @Francisco My design OCD doesn't like the padding differences on the top/bottom of the search bar (edit although I guess it does align with the text) :( But other than that, nice & sleek!

The search box is going to get replaced entirely. I'm not liking how the autocomplete is working so I left it for now while I work on some other pages :)

It seems I put the wrong image up so I'm going to update it in a second with a more recent version.

Francisco

Updated the image :)

Francisco

• BK_BK_ Member

@Francisco Ah, ok. Looks great. And if you're still accepting beta testers, let me know and I'll fire you a PM.

@BK_ said: @Francisco Ah, ok. Looks great. And if you're still accepting beta testers, let me know and I'll fire you a PM.

Sure :)

Francisco

edited April 2013

And one last screen for the night.

I'll start hammering out the 'settings' page in the morning.

Settings will probably take me a few days to put together.

Francisco

• This new CP looks very good. Are you planning to make it available toother providers too?

@VirtualSRV said: This new CP looks very good. Are you planning to make it available toother providers too?

Not at this time.

I'm just posting pictures/status here since people have asked a lot about the panel :)

Francisco

edited April 2013

Tonights been a frustrating night trying to get the settings page to flow a bit better.

The original design we got given was going to have all controls go all the way down the page, but this ended with the KVM settings being on the 2nd/3rd page, depending on your resolution.

We ended up going with a panel style setup, here's an example:

http://imgur.com/pbE3Ttr
    http://imgur.com/mujiJKw

On the KVM spot we're aware that you wouldn't be setting a serial console password (yet) and such, those sections weren't conditioned out of the page while I was doing layout ;)

The "OpenVZ settings" part is entirely static and simply there for users that are unaware that all of those options are enabled in full from the get go.

I think they flow quite well, I just need to fix how the API settings part is rendering.

Francisco

• Looking at the API key and hash, I assume it is compatible with Solus api integration scripts?

@peppr said: Looking at the API key and hash, I assume it is compatible with Solus api integration scripts?

Once I write a proxy, yes :)

The actual API will be all JSON/php serialize.

Francisco

• IvanIvan Member

Sorry for my ignorance, but this beautiful panel is going to be for BuyVM customers only right? :)

@teohkay said: Sorry for my ignorance, but this beautiful panel is going to be for BuyVM customers only right? :)

Correct :)