Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stallion 2 progress (with screenshots!) - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Stallion 2 progress (with screenshots!)

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Finally got the main page & virtual server listing pages done!

They're looking solid and users can finally browse from start/finish on the site. I'll be finally getting beta testing emails out today/tomorrow since I now have the frontend to help test with too.

http://i.imgur.com/HAzltcFh.png
    http://i.imgur.com/zM1snVph.png
    http://i.imgur.com/w2TEiwah.png

Francisco

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

so jelly

• That is awesome :)

I removed the %'s from the bandwidth bar and simply added a hover over that tells you the % you've used. The % is fine when the bar has some length to it, but when it's at 0% , it renders are derpy.

Francisco

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

It's looking pretty darn sexy.

Thanks guys :)

The 'alerts' part you see there will be integrated with our monitoring platform and will inform users of bad processes, high loads, etc.

For now it's just stubbed in there since I've not integrated that all yet.

Francisco

• Nice!

(You have a typo in the last screen shot. 'virtulization')

edited April 2013

@happel said: (You have a typo in the last screen shot. 'virtulization')

Frangrish :(

Thanks ;)

Francisco

edited April 2013

Hi Everyone,

First off, thank you to everyone that has offered to help beta test the admin side. I'm sending out PM's as we speak to people that offered to take part in the admin side beta testing.

I'll be posted a public demo account in the morning for people to look at if they so please.

EDIT - All requests for access to the admin side have been filled. If I missed your request just let me know and I'll add you quickly :)

Francisco

• Very nice, if i recll this is a php app yes? Which libraries did you use?

I'm using Codeigniter for the framework.

The visual uses bootstrap w/ a bunch of fancy additions :)

Feedback so far has been very positive with a handful of bug reports sent in. I'm currnetly cleaning those up and fixing whatever pages I broke with my latest commit. My latest commit was fairly large so yea.

Francisco

• Ah sorry, I meant which libraries to hook up to KVM/OpenVZ?

We wrote two wrappers back in stallion 1 that we're just reusing. As mentioned previously, node side code got rewritten last year when I redid our bandwidth accounting so it's pretty much game to roll.

KVM loosely wraps libvirt. For OpenVZ, I simply wrapped vzctl.

Francisco

Good ol' C.

Francisco

• BK_BK_ Member

I think you forgot about me, Fran ;(

@Zen said: Maybe you might want to give me some of that beta access if a spot frees up? :)

I'm going to put up the public beta details in a little bit :)

If you're wanting to test backend then you'll need to PM me a static IP.

@BK_ said: I think you forgot about me, Fran ;(

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

I'll dig through my PM's. Make sure I got a static IP from you :) I can generate the other stuff.

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback and bug testing.

Up to 40 bugs so far with quite a few repeaters. Other bugs were because I did a major overhaul of all the models today. Almost everything has been very easy to fix (usually just replacing is_object or is_array's, etc) with only a few bugs left (around 5 - 6 it seems).

Francisco

• Is this a solus VM alternative ???

@darknessends said: Is this a solus VM alternative ???

It won't be available to the public minus buyvm clients that use it to manage their vps with us :)

Francisco

• @Francisco said: It won't be available to the public minus buyvm clients that use it to manage their vps with us :)

Will you release (parts of) the source code?

On topic, really looking forward to this, if you do any beta you can put me in...

Of course!

view -> source

:P

I've shared bits/peices of the backend source on IRC but not that much.

Francisco

edited April 2013

Hi Everyone,

A few days late, but a public demo nevertheless!

http://209.141.39.7/
    user: testpony
    password: demo

Please be aware of the following points:

• All but a very select few jobs will queue and automatically be marked as failed in the VPS logs panel. This is because I've not commited the backend functions into the queuerunner so it's simply doing as it logically should ("I don't have this method/function in my classes, I'll simply mark it as failed with a log stating so").

• This is not an administrator login. This is simply a demo of what the frontend will flow like for users. There are still some confirmation/middle pages required, namely a modal prompt for reinstall to force users to assign a new password as well as alerts/middle pages for start/stop/restart controls.

• Since I've not designed those yet, the system just queue's it and fails it, again, as it should by spec.

• IP address viewing is disabled from vps log view for the sake of everyone's privacy. With that being said, there is still complete admin logs in place. Profile has also been disabled so the test user doesn't get renamed to "FAG McBALLSACK".

• If you run into an undocumented bug or something you think we could do better? By all means, read & submit logs via the footer links.

Thanks again,

Francisco

• @Francisco how come when you click on Statistics it goes to Overview?
    Other than that, looks awesome! :)

@joodle said: @Francisco how come when you click on Statistics it goes to Overview?

Other than that, looks awesome! :)

I haven't developed that at all, it'll be the last thing on my list before production.

Still trying to decide how we want to handle in regards to data storage. We'll likely use some wacky noSQL setup for it, just haven't found one that I quite like yet.

Francisco

• Awesome even on mobile.

@budingyun said: Awesome even on mobile.

I've honestly not tested it on a mobile phone <_<

/me grabs his cell

Francisco

@budingyun said: Awesome even on mobile.

You're right.

I could likely do some limiting in what shows up on a mobile page using some of bootstraps controls. The login page would require a 'mobile version' though.

Francisco

• When viewing a server's details (e.g. http://209.141.39.7/vserver/3) there are 2 notifications on the "Overview" page, 1 on the "Settings" page and 0 on the "Logs" page.

This causes the tab bar to be in a different place every time which is quiet annoying

edited April 2013

@gsrdgrdghd said: When viewing a server's details (e.g. http://209.141.39.7/vserver/3) there are 2 notifications on the "Overview" page, 1 on the "Settings" page and 0 on the "Logs" page.

This causes the tab bar to be in a different place every time which is quiet annoying

Noted, let me merge that ;) I forgot to log that as a bug myself a few days ago.

Fixed. Forgot a call to load up all alerts into the view.

Francisco

I should also add:

KVM VPS - http://209.141.39.7/vserver/3
    OpenVZ VPS - http://209.141.39.7/vserver/20

I need to add some sort of identifier to the main landing page but I haven't been able to find some decent vector images I can shrink that small w/o them looking like crap.

There's also an easter egg hidden in the demo for those that are curious.

Francisco

Konami code the page.

Francisco