Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stallion 2 progress (with screenshots!) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Stallion 2 progress (with screenshots!)

Comments

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

Looks great so far

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Catalyst Host would like to announce that they have purchased the rights to Stallion v1 and will be migrating soon!

Let me have my dream. Even if it's not true :P

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@jarland said: Catalyst Host would like to announce that they have purchased the rights to Stallion v1 and will be migrating soon!

Let me have my dream. Even if it's not true :P

Honestly the idea of dumping stallion 1 in some github repos and saying 'have at it' has come to mind mulitple times :P

Francisco

• Sounds neat, look forward to seeing the finished project.

• @Francisco said: Honestly the idea of dumping stallion 1 in some github repos and saying 'have at it' has come to mind mulitple times :P

Watch out for the patent trolls!

@concerto49 said: Watch out for the patent trolls!

More so making Phil flip out. :P

Francisco

• grayfuzgrayfuz Member
    edited April 2013

i wish i stayed with @buyvm a little bit longer.. btw, cool design..

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@grayfuz said: i wish i stayed with @buyvm a little bit longer..

It's never too late to return!

@grayfuz said: i wish i stayed with @buyvm a little bit longer..

We always resolve whatever issues are happening ;) They may take a bit but we always make good on our promises.

Francisco

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

@Francisco I wouldn't Github your old panel until it's flushed out of production, to prevent users from finding backdoors :)

@RobertClarke said: @Francisco I wouldn't Github your old panel until it's flushed out of production, to prevent users from finding backdoors :)

Yup.

Francisco

• marcmmarcm Member

@Francisco - I believe that @Spencer is a troll. Stallion looks awesome. Will this be available for sale at some point?

@marcm said: @Francisco - I believe that @Spencer is a troll. Stallion looks awesome. Will this be available for sale at some point?

Don't mind him.

I'm likely going to license it to (literally) a couple people but other than that i'll keep it inhouse.

I haven't picked who yet but I got some people in mind.

Francisco

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2013

AWESOME

• @ryanarp said: AWESOME

Eww, who let this guy in here.

JUST KIDDING.

I seriously need to get back to work...

• @Francisco said: I haven't picked who yet but I got some people in mind.

I think that's me :P

• @Francisco said: We always resolve whatever issues are happening ;)

FWIW, in Stallion 1, I found the IP page showiing DDoS and regular IP confusing (easy to mix up the IPs). I suspect I'm in a minority otherwise you'd have had more feedback on this, but it led to me leaving the wrong IP associated with a node which got me accused of IP theft and getting told 'one strike and out' :(.

Regardless, I think its great that you guys innovate and don't just go with SolusVM.

edited April 2013

@craigb said: FWIW, in Stallion 1, I found the IP page showiing DDoS and regular IP confusing (easy to mix up the IPs). I suspect I'm in a minority otherwise you'd have had more feedback on this, but it led to me leaving the wrong IP associated with a node which got me accused of IP theft and getting told 'one strike and out' :(.

Regardless, I think its great that you guys innovate and don't just go with SolusVM.

There'll be proper grouping/marking for IP's in stallion 2 since there will be even more than just ddos & normal ip's :)

Francisco

I've shoved up 2 new images for those interested. They're at the bottom of the album and related to the new job queue system that I wrote on Monday.

I'll not bump with more images till tomorrow, otherwise it's bound to annoy the mods :P

Francisco

• ChanChan Member

Looks quite nice well done

It's a bit "Bootstrap"ish but it's still better than Solus, I'll pick this over Solus anyday

• I agree it looks bootstrapish; however it's the features that really make this shine.

Good luck :)

• @Francisco said: Probably won't take as long as I mentioned.

If I can find a paid developer I like I'll likely bring them on and get a lot more done :)

Francisco

You've got our number Franny ;p

• @Francisco Stallion I => Stallion II that's what I call progress.

Awesome work. I bet when you launch it there'll be new package offer :)

• bnmklbnmkl Member
    edited April 2013

lol : s/=>/</

• I love how ppl "complain" about the bootstrap look. It exist for a reason and for folks who dont have the design skills, it works better than most of the UIs I've seen out there. Pure utter crap if you ask me.

Regardless, this looks beautiful. I'm thinking of doing something similar for our inhouse Xen servers. We use XenCenter, it would be awesome if we're able to work with the Xen API using a nice looking GUI, using bootstrap of course. ;-)

• Jealous :*(

• ztecztec Member
    edited April 2013

Is BuyVM still only US based?

Great stuff btw, If you have EU locations I'll jump right on it.

• @ztec said: Is BuyVM still only US based?

Yes: Las Vegas, Nevada and Buffalo, New York

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@ztec said: Is BuyVM still only US based?

An EU Location is coming after Stallion is released.

• CoreyCorey Member

uhm wth some of this looks like what i had planned with a designer on a panel i was creating.