Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stallion 2 progress (with screenshots!) - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Stallion 2 progress (with screenshots!)

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited April 2013

@Corey said: uhm wth some of this looks like what i had planned with a designer on a panel i was creating.

It is. You should have seen @Francisco bragging about how he stole it in IRC.

(I feel like I need a "joke" tag somewhere here for what gets lost in translation)

• CoreyCorey Member

@jarland said: It is. You should have seen @Francisco bragging about how he stole it in IRC.

(I feel like I need a "joke" tag somewhere here for what gets lost in translation)

LoL I know I was just surprised.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Corey said: LoL I know I was just surprised.

Is your designer big into LET or IRC? I know I was posting pictures of the 'dashboard' a couple months back when I was getting the first drafts in.

Thanks everyone :) I nailed out most of the IP management stuff last night, just have a little javascript to finish for setting RDNS/etc.

Francisco

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Look nice, have you seen the latest SolusVM Beta, I think they must have stolen your code and changed a few things it is so similar??

/troll

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@AnthonySmith said: Look nice, have you seen the latest SolusVM Beta, I think they must have stolen your code and changed a few things it is so similar??

Well SolusVM was based on Stallion from the first version.

@jarland said: Well SolusVM was based on Stallion from the first version.

If only that were true I wouldn't have paid them the better part of $5k waiting on them to complete some basic features :)

Oh well, I like where the panel is going. I expect to start working on the client side controls today or even this weekend. I might take the weekend off, though.

Francisco

• CoreyCorey Member

@Francisco said: Is your designer big into LET or IRC? I know I was posting pictures of the 'dashboard' a couple months back when I was getting the first drafts in.

Thanks everyone :) I nailed out most of the IP management stuff last night, just have a little javascript to finish for setting RDNS/etc.

Francisco

Yes I found him here.

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited April 2013

@Corey said: Yes I found him here.

Makes sense then. Possibly he got his motivation there?

@Corey said: Yes I found him here.

Quite possible he spent time in #frantech then.

I hired our designer in January.

He's now working on the new buyvm site :)

Francisco

• CoreyCorey Member

@Francisco said: Quite possible he spent time in #frantech then.

I hired our designer in January.

He's now working on the new buyvm site :)

Francisco

He told me he was a 'UI designer'. Sound familiar?

@Corey said: He told me he was a 'UI designer'. Sound familiar?

I posted a work request on WHT and he contacted me over there. He linked me all of his UI work examples since that was my key points.

His work checks out as you can see from what he's done for us.

Francisco

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited April 2013

@Francisco said: I posted a work request on WHT and he contacted me over there. He linked me all of his UI work examples since that was my key points.

His work checks out as you can see from what he's done for us.

Francisco

Yes it looks real good. I pmd you to see if this is the person.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited April 2013

Hmmm, when I go to "testing.hostname.net" I end up on some prostitute review service.

@raindog308 said: Hmmm, when I go to "testing.hostname.net" I end up on some prostitute review service.

Woops.

Francisco

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I thought it was a feature.

edited April 2013

@raindog308 said: I thought it was a feature.

Hidden feature #1 - Doing the konami code on any page triggers an overlay that autostarts the youtube pony video.

Francisco

• MicrolinuxMicrolinux Member
    edited April 2013

@raindog308 said: Hmmm, when I go to "testing.hostname.net" I end up on some prostitute review service.

This is a totally better feature than their offloaded MySQL.

• @Microlinux said: This is a totally better feature than their offloaded MySQL.

+1, I'd definitely buy some of this feature was available.

• I'd only like statistics fixed if you can do that, you can have all my money. LOL jk.

@xenogfx said: I'd only like statistics fixed if you can do that, you can have all my money. LOL jk.

They'll be in there ;) I'll be using a nice graphing class like pChart or something, instead of MRTG. I hate MRTG.

Francisco

• Also if you can, make it show the ddos protection working inside the graph it'd be great as i'd like to know if we're ever getting ddosed hahaha

@xenogfx said: Also if you can, make it show the ddos protection working inside the graph it'd be great as i'd like to know if we're ever getting ddosed hahaha

That isn't an option with awknet nor with CNServers alas :(

CN is supposed to be providing us with some sort of logs, though, so I'll likely be able to write a quick library to import that for customers.

Francisco

• xenogfxxenogfx Member
    edited April 2013

@Francisco said: That isn't an option with awknet nor with CNServers alas :(

CN is supposed to be providing us with some sort of logs, though, so I'll likely be able to write a quick library to import that for customers.

Francisco

Well that's just an idea, you don't have to have that you guys are doing a great job as it is :)

• Is it going to give useful things like ERROR MESSAGES when a KVM fails to boot? SolusVM doesn't and it's REALLY FREAKING ANNOYING.

edited April 2013

@Magiobiwan said: Is it going to give useful things like ERROR MESSAGES when a KVM fails to boot? SolusVM doesn't and it's REALLY FREAKING ANNOYING.

We'll pass back what we can. I'll be adding in additional catches for things we've seen libvirt crap over. Libvirt is a pretty little princess and bricks itself easily if things aren't absolutely perfect.

Francisco

• @Francisco,

Surely this has been asked before...

What made you call it Stallion? A stallion sure is strong and fast, but are also unpredictable and unstable! :)

Looks sweet!

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited April 2013

@eastonch said: What made you call it Stallion? A stallion sure is strong and fast, but are also unpredictable and unstable! :)

Because Pony.

edited April 2013

@eastonch said: What made you call it Stallion? A stallion sure is strong and fast, but are also unpredictable and unstable! :)

The stallion name was to continue the whole pony joke.

I thought it was funny when one of our old techs came up with it, so I used it :P

I posted a couple more images of the IP management pages. I'll be taking the weekend off from development so I don't burn out on it.

Next big pages will be the top nav search and then starting on front end pages.

I still have admin side pages that need to be made, but those require me roughing out the job/memcache systems more.

Francisco

• @francisco Hehe, the comment was sarcasm, I understand the whole pony IRC joke ;). Pretty good how it's your brand image.

How many of you are working on this?

@eastonch said: How many of you are working on this?

On the coding side there's just me for now. I hired a designer that did up the new interface.

Aldryic will be helping with development in the future when we start building the billing/support systems.

Francisco