Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Disappointed with LEB/LET. - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Disappointed with LEB/LET.

12345679»

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited August 2016

@PrColo said:
    It's purely biased agreed.

I take notice when someone signs up and jumps in like they've always been part of the conversation, and extra notice when that someone is just starting a Dallas-based colo startup. IgniteServers, is that you?

• @jarland said:

@PrColo said:

I take notice when someone signs up and jumps in like they've always been part of the conversation, and extra notice when that someone is just starting a Dallas-based colo startup. IgniteServers, is that you?

I just happen read the thread and figured the situation was purely biased so I posted what I though.

@PrColo said:

@jarland said:

@PrColo said:

I just happen read the thread and figured the situation was purely biased so I posted what I though.

Thanked by 1PrColo
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@jcaleb said:

@MrGeneral said:

@jarland said:
    You know you are free to ask questions and will receive direct answers. Just saying.

Sure, I'd heard this from a trust-worthy person whose name I'm not going to disclose.
    But it seems there's a 100 USD fee for a quick offer listing? In LEB, not LET obviously.

You should have told me this earlier so I could benefit when I was writing posts at LEB.

Seriously, believe me it does not work that way.

Hmhm. Good then. :)

Cheers

@jcaleb said:
    In my mind, I think the community should be thankful that there are many volunteers now trying to be creative and actively writing stuff at LEB.

For me, I think the author did not think it will be a big deal featuring Ishaq's company. There wasn't even an order link in the interview. And I hear from hosts that even an offer posts doesn't really push that much sale.

Also, why not post an interview about a new company? People wants to know someone new, so it is perfectly alright for me to introduce budgetnode. If we feature RamNode, BuyVM, etc, people might puke hearing these same hosts over and over again.

Well I do not know Harry, neither Ishaq. So what I wrote, as I said, is my opinion and what many people think as well. I think this thread had enough feedback.

@SysAdmin said:

@MrGeneral said:

@SysAdmin said:

@MrGeneral said:

pbgben said: Thanks for the offer to help, I need all I can get. I really need content more then I need editing though. If you have time I'd be happy to talk to you about it via IRC or skype or email.

@SysAdmin,

We spoke for a while then you went busy, and disappeared.
    Not in Skype for two days, and ignoring what I've been saying regarding the contribution.

If you're not interested, you can simply be honest and tell me to GTFO.
    Not that I'll die with it.... :p

Understand that operating LET/LEB is not the primary responsibility and it's something I've taken on in addition to the majority of what my actual job is. Further, I have a wife and a life outside of the internet (shocking). I try to take my weekends as seriously as I can.

That being said I am interested in any contribution one wants to make. Feel free to contact me anytime.

Never said otherwise. I own a company and do have lots to do as well. I did contact you but you've been offline for two/three days, didn't know you took the weekend off, plus, you were offline today as well. Should you be interested in getting some help, you know how to reach me.

Cheers!

I don't know how that's possible, I'm on Skype at all times on my phone and I was on IRC today.

Sure thing. I seen you offline for these days. Might be an issue with Skype tho. Well, I'll ask you your IRC nickname in PM.

Cheers!

• eLohkCalbeLohkCalb Member
    edited August 2016

jcaleb said: For me, I think the author did not think it will be a big deal featuring Ishaq's company.

I'm not against anyone but sorry to say, that's being ignorant. It's like throwing beef to some sincere Buddhists.

Edit: Also there's one thing I keep wondering - some admins/moderators keep whining that they have no time to spare for this vanilla. If that's the case please give up the title and pass it to someone who has.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • MrGeneral said: Hmhm. Good then. :)

I wish you could see how tickets looks like in LEB helpdesk.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited August 2016

Now... I have offered myself like a dirt cheap hooker for an interview and still nobody's approaching me to get it done. I guess I will delete my social network accounts and the one here. The world is simply not ready for me yet. I now understand how KLF felt, back in the days... ;-)

• @MrGeneral said:
    Well, I'll ask you your IRC nickname in PM.

Or you could just read the user list?

@IThinkUFailed said:

@MrGeneral said:
    Well, I'll ask you your IRC nickname in PM.

Or you could just read the user list?

I didn't notice it, actually, I don't mind much with the official channel ;-)

Thanks for letting me know.

@Zen said:
    Skimmed through the thread, correct me if I'm wrong: the final consensus is that you can pay to "expedite" your LEB post, correct?

Don't care for all of the other stuff.. just looking for a definitive answer on this.

According to what the staff has replied, no.
    But I've seen the contrary, through Skype. I mean, I have my informers. :P

Could be fake, but highly unlikely.

@Zen said:

MrGeneral said: But I've seen the contrary, through Skype. I mean, I have my informers. :P

Me too, although apparently the $100 you were told is quite inflated. Who knows, maybe everyone is quoted a different rate depending on how friendly they are with the admin in question :)

I feel bad for @jarland if he had no idea about it.

If true, this reinforces my opinion on moderators/administrators on community forums though.. they're almost always incorrectly chosen.

Edit: I also find it hilarious that hosts are essentially paying another competing host for the privilege of an advertisement.

Couldn't agree more with your post.
    Simple as that. :P

edited August 2016

@Zen said:
    Skimmed through the thread, correct me if I'm wrong: the final consensus is that you can pay to "expedite" your LEB post, correct?

Don't care for all of the other stuff.. just looking for a definitive answer on this.

The short version: if there was some "Pay $100 to get posted immediately" agreement going on, someone went to great lengths to hide it from me. I don't exactly delegate to people I don't trust, I would put the entire burden of proof of such a thing on the accuser.

The long version:

At no point, to my knowledge, has anyone ever been told or even hinted at that they could pay their way to the front. I do know that some hosts offered to donate out of kindness to my unpaid writers. I do know that I turned down donations constantly. I do know that these donations did not raise any priority over a post that contained a great offer, and that no offer sat in the queue waiting for some kind of payment. Whether or not it raised one shitty offer over another, when those were the only ones in the queue and something had to be posted, I couldn't accurately say (it's not like you'd note that in a ticket, and I downright refused "first come first serve" because I think it's a stupid expectation that could cause 15 OVH OpenVZ hosts to be posted in a row).

What I find FAR more interesting is the notion that someone would offer to donate to my writers and then go cry about it on Skype and claim it's the new requirement to get posted on LEB. I would absolutely love to see someone step forward and explain themselves and their intentions if that was the impression they received. I do believe I would either owe them an apology for something I didn't know happened, or they would simply be outing themselves as trying to engage in a covert bribe that they believed was successful.

As I said earlier, anyone please feel free to ask me any questions and I will always answer truthfully. It's a personality issue for me. I will be truthful if it hurts me. I'd rather be hated for the truth than loved for a lie. I have always been an open book and have no intention of changing that.

Thanked by 1Zen