Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Disappointed with LEB/LET. - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Disappointed with LEB/LET.

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

'Guess the Host' - where I gather complaints from LET and readers have to guess who they refer to. The winner receives a highly detailed ascii sketch of a (my) penis.

Thanked by 1Zen
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

'TheRoyalStudent and me', delivered in the form of an mp3 file, which is 15 minutes of a high-pitched whine, so you too can feel the physical pain I feel when accidentally reading one of his posts.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

pbgben said: Thanks for the offer to help, I need all I can get. I really need content more then I need editing though. If you have time I'd be happy to talk to you about it via IRC or skype or email.

@SysAdmin,

We spoke for a while then you went busy, and disappeared.
    Not in Skype for two days, and ignoring what I've been saying regarding the contribution.

If you're not interested, you can simply be honest and tell me to GTFO.
    Not that I'll die with it.... :p

• NekkiNekki Veteran

'Gang-Bang-Fran', a short erotic story featuring the mighty stallion that is @Francisco going to town on 2 other providers whilst @Aldryic reads aloud his latest (incredibly brutal) support replies.

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

@Nekki said:
    'Gang-Bang-Fran', a short erotic story featuring the mighty stallion that is @Francisco going to town on 2 other providers whilst @Aldryic reads aloud his latest (incredibly brutal) support replies.

Can we do films? "@Jarland in the spam dungeon" sounds like it could be interesting

• NekkiNekki Veteran

'Adventures in Hosting' - loveable ejit @Dewlance tumbles headfirst from one crazy hosting scheme to another; he's got no idea what he's doing, all he knows is that by the end, he'll have made $266 in just one month!

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited August 2016

'Biscuit and Cunt' - a series of intellectual conversations with LET regulars where I ask them about their favourite biscuit, and then call them a cunt.

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

@Nekki said:
    'Adventures in Hosting' - loveable ejit @Dewlance tumbles headfirst from one crazy hosting scheme to another; he's got no idea what he's doing, all he knows is that by the end, he'll have made $266 in just one month!

Can we throw in some mtwiscool in there too?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

hawc said: Can we do films? "@Jarland in the spam dungeon" sounds like it could be interesting

That sounds really hot.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

'LowEndTroublemakers - Where Are They Now?' - a factual piece on the current whereabouts of infamous LET rascals of years gone by, such as SZ1 and CurtisG. Reader descretion advised.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

'Serverpr0n - look at the rack on that!' A series of heavily photoshopped images that attach lovely lady lumps to a selection of smokin' hot hardware. Reader secretion advised.

@Nekki said:
    'Biscuit and Cunt' - a series of intellectual conversations with LET regulars where I ask them about their favourite biscuit, and then call them a cunt.

When can we start?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@MrGeneral said:

@Nekki said:

When can we start?

What's your favourite biscuit?

Thanked by 1MikePT

@Nekki said:

@MrGeneral said:

@Nekki said:

When can we start?

What about yours?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

'Tickets, please!' - hilarious ticket exchanges with the stupid and illiterate, provided by wholly unprofessional hosts.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@MrGeneral said:

@Nekki said:

@MrGeneral said:

@Nekki said:

When can we start?

What about yours?

I ask the questions, cunt.

Nekki said: I ask the questions, cunt.

Next one then.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

'Deadpoolin' - two providers face off to see who can race to the bottom fastest. The winner is promised a free 6 month rental on a server from ColoCrossing that they will never receive.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@SysAdmin - you're free to use any of the ideas above, consider them donated to the LEB cause, royalty free. Naturally, I'm more than happy to help produce the content too.

• @MrGeneral said:

pbgben said: Thanks for the offer to help, I need all I can get. I really need content more then I need editing though. If you have time I'd be happy to talk to you about it via IRC or skype or email.

@SysAdmin,

Not in Skype for two days, and ignoring what I've been saying regarding the contribution.

Understand that operating LET/LEB is not the primary responsibility and it's something I've taken on in addition to the majority of what my actual job is. Further, I have a wife and a life outside of the internet (shocking). I try to take my weekends as seriously as I can.

That being said I am interested in any contribution one wants to make. Feel free to contact me anytime.

edited August 2016

@SysAdmin said:

@MrGeneral said:

@SysAdmin,

Understand that operating LET/LEB is not the primary responsibility and it's something I've taken on in addition to the majority of what my actual job is. Further, I have a wife and a life outside of the internet (shocking). I try to take my weekends as seriously as I can.

That being said I am interested in any contribution one wants to make. Feel free to contact me anytime.

Never said otherwise. I own a company and do have lots to do as well. I did contact you but you've been offline for two/three days, didn't know you took the weekend off, plus, you were offline today as well. Should you be interested in getting some help, you know how to reach me.

Cheers!

• @MrGeneral said:

@jarland said:
    You know you are free to ask questions and will receive direct answers. Just saying.

Sure, I'd heard this from a trust-worthy person whose name I'm not going to disclose.
    But it seems there's a 100 USD fee for a quick offer listing? In LEB, not LET obviously.

You should have told me this earlier so I could benefit when I was writing posts at LEB.

Seriously, believe me it does not work that way.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

jarland said: I accept no payment from the owners and neither did Ishaq

Well, in terms of cash, yeah...but I mean, I'm planning to retire on the 342.7 ColoCoins in my account that I earned from being a mod. With over 14,000 in yours, you're probably island shopping. As soon as the overlords release ColoCoins to the public, we are sitting on gold mines.

Thanked by 1jar
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Nekki said: The winner is promised a free 6 month rental on a server from ColoCrossing that they will never receive.

Frack, I'd forgotten the contest. Wasn't it that the winner never actually got around to starting the company the free server rental?

• In my mind, I think the community should be thankful that there are many volunteers now trying to be creative and actively writing stuff at LEB.

For me, I think the author did not think it will be a big deal featuring Ishaq's company. There wasn't even an order link in the interview. And I hear from hosts that even an offer posts doesn't really push that much sale.

Also, why not post an interview about a new company? People wants to know someone new, so it is perfectly alright for me to introduce budgetnode. If we feature RamNode, BuyVM, etc, people might puke hearing these same hosts over and over again.

Thanked by 1hawc
  • It's purely biased agreed.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

souen said: Thanks for the invite — maybe not at the moment, possibly later. Someday I should probably put my own suggestions to practice, though I'm still very much a newcomer to the field (despite having written the occasional tutorial on other subjects.)

However, I'd happy to review/edit the next few articles, if it would help to have a second perspective and get things rolling?

Your suggestions and analysis were well written. I respect that.

Hope you consider contributing sometime soon. I would look forward to reading what you write.

Thanked by 1souen
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

jcaleb said: In my mind, I think the community should be thankful that there are many volunteers now trying to be creative and actively writing stuff at LEB.

For me, I think the author did not think it will be a big deal featuring Ishaq's company. There wasn't even an order link in the interview. And I hear from hosts that even an offer posts doesn't really push that much sale.

Also, why not post an interview about a new company? People wants to know someone new, so it is perfectly alright for me to introduce budgetnode. If we feature RamNode, BuyVM, etc, people might puke hearing these same hosts over and over again.

If you're interested in writing again, contact @Sysadmin. Door is wide open. :)

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • @MrGeneral said:

@SysAdmin said:

@MrGeneral said:

@SysAdmin,

Never said otherwise. I own a company and do have lots to do as well. I did contact you but you've been offline for two/three days, didn't know you took the weekend off, plus, you were offline today as well. Should you be interested in getting some help, you know how to reach me.

Cheers!

I don't know how that's possible, I'm on Skype at all times on my phone and I was on IRC today.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • SysAdmin said: Don't make me even bring up the fact of GVH Johnny, which I fought for months to get removed from this forum, and asked the administration to remove him. There is more to that fucked up story...

You'll have to wait for my memoirs at one point to hear that stories....

nah joke, I dealt with him (also after the fiasco with my IP space a long time ago) and.... never too sure, i like to keep him around, not much for being useful but because he (and a few others) are psychologically interesting to me (eh, don't ask, i have weird interests).

Business wise not really solid, he still (AGAIN, not from back then) owes me money for something, but some stuff worked fine for longer and got paid, mostly on-time even which i can't say for some other providers here that are overdue but happily selling VPS + ignoring m...

Now, you might have seen the issues back then and ask why i deal/dealt with him at all? It's actually fairly simple, i bluntly don't care, i'd sell infra to nearly anyone that is not sanctioned - Pay upfront in a non-reversible payment method (if your trust level is shit) and i deliver for legal usage (whatever the service be, not just IPs) usage. No complaints for his later usage IIRC (or very low), though i do not doubt it was/is shady as hell.

jcaleb said: Seriously, believe me it does not work that way.

I can sort of confirm that from the other side, bribes/payments at LET/LEB are pretty pointless, most mods/admins did never get the hints at all (hehe, all first world citizens with no police/official corruption), backed out before getting paid or reported it upwards seemingly.

(Again, as note: bribing or trying to bribe a company that is not publicly traded is not a bribe and not illegal, neither is buying space for PR or any other content, as long as it is not false advertising it might be morally/ethically wrong (in common opinion but not mine), but a company is not gov.)

Capitalism 2.0, nobody is going to gift you shit - if you want that house, Tesla or vacation it is far easier to forget morals/ethics and focus on what is legal and zero else, the customer is not my problem and money can be exchanged for goods and services.

Thanked by 1MikePT