Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Disappointed with LEB/LET. - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Disappointed with LEB/LET.

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Good banter you two, keep it up.

• LeeLee Veteran

Oh go on, you hang up first x

Thanked by 2AlexanderM vimalware
  • Oh I forgot how much I hate politics...

Thanked by 1jar
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@kt said:
    Slightly off topic but I was under the impression the admins/mods here were being paid by the owners here for their contribution/time (including write up to offer posts) so is there any reason said admins are asking for "donations" to contribute to their "time" for offer submissions.

Now this makes sense if they were not being paid already for doing exactly this. Now if did we make a donation I would be just slightly cheesed off said funds may have gone to start up host fund in direct competition.

I'd be also very interested to know how many hosts made such "donations" and were posted pretty fast vs others not "donating" and not having their offers made public on LEB.

You mean for urgent posts in LEB?

I heard something about it.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

You know you are free to ask questions and will receive direct answers. Just saying.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • hawchawc Moderator, LIR

A few things....

I've put several hours of my time into those articles, and was not paid for them. I do this for the community, not the cash. It's really disappointing to see the way that some people have reacted to this. Also, I really don't care weather @Ishaq is a moderator here. I interviewed him as a provider, not a moderator.

@jarland said:
    You know you are free to ask questions and will receive direct answers. Just saying.

Sure, I'd heard this from a trust-worthy person whose name I'm not going to disclose.
    But it seems there's a 100 USD fee for a quick offer listing? In LEB, not LET obviously.

@MrGeneral said:

@jarland said:

Sure, I'd heard this from a trust-worthy person whose name I'm not going to disclose.
    But it seems there's a 100 USD fee for a quick offer listing? In LEB, not LET obviously.

Uhmm. No. There isn't.

@hawc said:
    A few things....

I've put several hours of my time into those articles, and was not paid for them. I do this for the community, not the cash. It's really disappointing to see the way that some people have reacted to this. Also, I really don't care weather @Ishaq is a moderator here. I interviewed him as a provider, not a moderator.

Stop arguing that.

1 - Owner is an Administrator
    2 - Company is only TWO months old
    3 - It's a setup like any other company. What makes them worth to interview for now?

This wasn't a simple interview. I and others do not believe that.

You should have interviewed other companies that have been advertising here for a very long time, those do deserve all the publicity you can get. Not a 2 months old company... Which owner happens to be an Admin. An Admin that started to advertise in silence, without a provider tag, only for requests, and now they're full power advertising.
    And you helped them. It's a huge advantage not only for the owner to be an Admin here, as to have been featured in the very first interview.

Too much coincidence? I don't think so.

edited August 2016

@MrGeneral said:

@jarland said:

Not to my knowledge. I've certainly never required it for anyone and many of the offers I posted were new while others had been in the queue for months, with no exchange of anything. I do know that some hosts offered donations as a thank you for writing offers. I didn't consider that a bad thing, at least not as much as the entire thing being paid for by one provider.

@hawc said:

@MrGeneral said:

@jarland said:

Uhmm. No. There isn't.

Understood.

@jarland said:

@MrGeneral said:

@jarland said:

Not to my knowledge. I've certainly never required it for anyone and many of the offers I posted were new while others had been in the queue for months. I do know that some hosts offered donations as a thank you for writing offers. I didn't consider that a bad thing, at least not as much as the entire thing being paid for by one provider.

From what I've heard, those donations expedit the post. I mean, they donate and it's posted ASAP.

I've no doubt you wouldn't do that. I'm pretty sure you would never do that.

• hawc said: I interviewed him as a provider, not a moderator.

I can also interview Barack Obama as golf expert, yet he still stays the US president. That point is as useless as it is crazy to state at all. If you had prior knowledge it simply is no point.

Thanked by 1switsys
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@MrGeneral said:

@jarland said:

There's a lot of 'trust-worthy' people who aren't anything of the sort. You shouldn't fling that sort of shit without evidence.

• @MrGeneral said:

@hawc said:
    A few things....

Stop arguing that.

3 - It's a setup like any other company. What makes them worth to interview for now?

You should have interviewed other companies that have been advertising here for a very long time, those do deserve all the publicity you can get. Not a 2 months old company... Which owner happens to be an Admin. An Admin that started to advertise in silence, without a provider tag, only for requests, and now they're full power advertising.
    And you helped them. It's a huge advantage not only for the owner to be an Admin here, as to have been featured in the very first interview.

I think what you're missing here is so simple from my perspective. This whole "LEB needs new content on a regular basis thing" is new, and so are interviews. Ishaq is not only already around, but easy to get ahold of for an easy article. I think that is it, honestly. Other hosts will get interviews, it isn't like this was a once in a lifetime thing. It could have easily have been @jarland, or even a subsidiary of ColoCrossing. I'm sure other interviews are already on the way. It isn't a coincidence, you're right. But IMO you're looking at it from a wrong standpoint.

Thanked by 1hawc

@MrGeneral said:

@jarland said:

@MrGeneral said:

@jarland said:

Not to my knowledge. I've certainly never required it for anyone and many of the offers I posted were new while others had been in the queue for months. I do know that some hosts offered donations as a thank you for writing offers. I didn't consider that a bad thing, at least not as much as the entire thing being paid for by one provider.

From what I've heard, those donations expedit the post. I mean, they donate and it's posted ASAP.

I've no doubt you wouldn't do that. I'm pretty sure you would never do that.

Possible. Not sure if it really went down that way, not sure that it didn't. I can tell you the queue has been so backed up with unimpressive offers that just about any method of sorting through the mediocre offers wouldn't upset me too much. So much "512mb openvz in OVH for $3" it'll make you sick ;)

• JordanJordan Member
    edited August 2016

@MrGeneral said:

@hawc said:
    A few things....

Stop arguing that.

No provider tag on the offers. A cosmetic tag used to allow the admins to carefully manage who can post here. Something fishy going on. Maybe Ishaq should have applied to be a provider and then approved his own application, just to keep some people happy.

• LeeLee Veteran

MrGeneral said: Sure, I'd heard this from a trust-worthy person whose name I'm not going to disclose. But it seems there's a 100 USD fee for a quick offer listing? In LEB, not LET obviously.

See that could be true if it wasn't for the fact most providers on here can't hold their own water never mind a 'secret' like that. If there was a charge people would know.

Thanked by 1vimalware

@daily said:

@MrGeneral said:

@hawc said:
    A few things....

Stop arguing that.

I think what you're missing here is so simple from my perspective. This whole "LEB needs new content on a regular basis thing" is new, and so are interviews. Ishaq is not only already around, but easy to get ahold of for an easy article. I think that is it, honestly. Other hosts will get interviews, it isn't like this was a once in a lifetime thing. It could have easily have been @jarland, or even a subsidiary of ColoCrossing. I'm sure other interviews are already on the way. It isn't a coincidence, you're right. But IMO you're looking at it from a wrong standpoint.

This. I sent quite a few messages out, and @Ishaq was the first response I got.

Thanked by 1Jordan
  • The only thing I'm disappointed with is the general negativity around people contributing to the community. If people want to go after me that's fine, but lets not tear people down for taking some initiative.

@hawc contributed a nice couple articles for people to read if they so choose and I hope he continues to contribute despite the nonsense that's been posted in this thread.

• When I saw the interview I thought "tl;dr".

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited August 2016

hawc said: I've put several hours of my time into those articles, and was not paid for them. I do this for the community, not the cash. It's really disappointing to see the way that some people have reacted to this. Also, I really don't care weather @Ishaq is a moderator here. I interviewed him as a provider, not a moderator.

I think it's a good idea and your time is no doubt appreciated by the majority, if you did not expect this reaction (which I pointed out would happen before this thread) to an Administrator being the first interview then you underestimate the audience or just don't care what they think.

That it was @ishaq that got interviewed first was a bad choice, first to reply or not, his time could have come. You missed the opportunity to make a bigger entrance and get more attention than choosing a newbie provider with nothing to say or history behind them.

Make the providers work harder for some air time on LEB is all I was getting across in the other thread, throw them a bone with the chance to get an offer on the interview thread. They are getting the advertising, members might as well get something for it too.

Poor start, hopefully it will get better and have a bit more thought around the content as well as proof reading before they go live.

Thanked by 1souen
  • NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited August 2016

@SysAdmin said:
    The only thing I'm disappointed with is the general negativity around people contributing to the community. If people want to go after me that's fine, but lets not tear people down for taking some initiative.

Change his username to @MrGeneralNegativity as payback.

Thanked by 1xaoc

@Lee said:
    Make the providers work harder for some air time on LEB is all I was getting across in the other thread

Best way is to just make them pay for air time.

(Insert troll face here)

• No one is going to mention the latest LEB post? Oh look, BudgetNode was mentioned again!

• @vedran said:
    No one is going to mention the latest LEB post? Oh look, BudgetNode was mentioned again!

IT'S A CONSPIRACY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't forget three other providers were mentioned as well.

• @vedran said:
    No one is going to mention the latest LEB post? Oh look, BudgetNode was mentioned again!

Mentioned again, because we're a new host, just like the new hosts listed in all the other monthly roundups.

• @vedran said:

They got 3 lines. Stop.

• But this drama is burning out fast, it needs more fuel ...

@vedran said:
    But this drama is burning out fast, it needs more fuel ...

Draw more attention to hosts donating for time spent writing up their mediocre offers. That's the drama gold right there!