Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

online.net f*cking with their old customers - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

online.net f*cking with their old customers

Comments

• Amitz said: Will an 8-headed hydra appear and spit acid on me?

No you'll just have a mild moment of panic as you think you've merged the threads the wrong way round and shoved the entire Cest Pit into a rant/review thread.

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited February 2016

Need meme: One does not just merge the Cest Pit. The Cest Pit merges you.

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent
  • GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited February 2016

The delimiter thread with 40k views would be a good test dummy for that.

• 34k new comments *

Nekki said: No you'll just have a mild moment of panic as you think you've merged the threads the wrong way round and shoved the entire Cest Pit into a rant/review thread.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited February 2016

So if i had Paypal in my Account its still free, but what if i am an existing costumer is it still free then or not when i use Paypal again? I used it before but since i ditched the agreement Online kicked me off paypal.

• Do you have an active account?

Then you're an existing customer.

Infinity580 said: So if i had Paypal in my Account its still free, but what if i am an existing costumer is it still free then or not when i use Paypal again? I used it before but since i ditched the agreement Online kicked me off paypal.

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Nice to see they finally listened to a lot of very irate customers. I think when they saw their cancellations list, that did not help.

• Never had the option to use PayPal previously, but I'd love to switch, since I pay foreign transaction fees on my credit cards.
    Gotta check if I now have that option, would make things much easier.

• hawc said: Nice to see they finally listened to a lot of very irate customers. I think when they saw their cancellations list, that did not help.

Not a case of shutting the barn door after the horse has bolted though?

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • Why don't you all just use your paypal debit cards?

• N/A in UK last time I tried.

Corey said: Why don't you all just use your paypal debit cards?

• GM2015 said: N/A in UK last time I tried.

Pretty sure they're available.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited February 2016

Corey said: Why don't you all just use your paypal debit cards?

From what I can tell they are US-only.

https://www.paypal-prepaid.com/faq.shtml

Q. If I am not a U.S. citizen, may I request or purchase a PayPal Prepaid MasterCard®?

A. Yes. As long as you are a permanent resident of the U.S., over 18 years of age with a valid Social Security number (SSN), and a verifiable physical U.S. street address (no P.O. Boxes) you may request or purchase a card.

• i live in UK and have one it's a mastercard and linked with prepaidtech

• On the paypal UK website

The PayPal Access Card is like a debit card for your PayPal account. You can withdraw cash or shop anywhere MasterCard is accepted, online or on the high street, using the money in your PayPal account - no more bank transfers. You can also make instant contactless payments with your PayPal Access Card, including travel on the TFL network.
    The PayPal Access Card is currently being offered exclusively to customers who have been invited to apply.

• Corey said: Why don't you all just use your paypal debit cards?

Doesn't exist in my part of the world (Australia), or most of the other countries PayPal serves for that matter.

• @Amitz said:
    Ha! Freud at work! :-)

You have good eyes :) I read it several times and did not notice it ;)

Thanked by 3Amitz netomx MikePT
  • Looks like I can switch to PayPal now in my account.
    I didn't get any of the emails about the PayPal fees, but wondering if there's any reason not to switch over at this point, so I can avoid the foreign transaction fees on my cards...

• I've applied with both personal and business accounts, and was told "The door's the other way".

Nekki said: Pretty sure they're available.

• inthecloudblog said: Does your CEO know all that sh

Yes. Could you give me your technical support ticket number ?

• @abermingham - Can all customers now use PayPal without any additional fees?
    Thanks!

• isaacl said: @abermingham - Can all customers now use PayPal without any additional fees?

Nop. Only customers who previously used Paypal. We don't propose paypal any more, since 2 years.

• GM2015 said: I've applied with both personal and business accounts, and was told "The door's the other way".

Is it because you're a foreigner?

• Possibly. There was no real error message, other than Sorry, you're not eligible.

Nekki said: Is it because you're a foreigner?

• Hm, I was able to set up a PayPal agreement...

• Thank you for considering customer feedback.

Nekki said: Not a case of shutting the barn door after the horse has bolted though?

I respect anyone who can recognise that they made a bad decision and, rather than digging their heels in, fix it.

• Can someone change the title to:

"Online.net won't make an offer exclusively for LET despite being 5th in the poll"

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited February 2016

tr1cky said: Can someone change the title to:
    "Online.net won't make an offer exclusively for LET despite being 5th in the poll"

No, but it would indeed be nice if they could take their 5th place more seriously and would follow the path of the samurai by providing a fantastic and unbeatable neat offer for us.

@abermingham, @bene_online ...?
    Je vous en prie! ;-)

• :(

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Where is the new offer - it's already middle of February and nothing new :( It's on 26th of January last year and the 2014 was ready even in 2013 !