Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

online.net f*cking with their old customers - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

online.net f*cking with their old customers

Comments

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited February 2016

I am playing with my new "Invisibility Potion" at the moment. Part of my plan to take over the world. Seems to work just fine... ;-) But - I did not post anything. I have just thanked your last post.

• jarland said: Is it just me or did @Amitz post in this thread and the post is no where to be seen...

I merged their threads, his thread is the first comment now :)

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Ishaq said:
    I merged their threads, his thread is the first comment now :)

Thought I was losing my mind lol

• Lee said: Maybe they are though, honesty is not a bad thing for some customers.

Regardless of whether they are or not, and assuming the accusations are true, no professional company should speak to anyone over the phone like that?

• LeeLee Veteran

Ishaq said: assuming the accusations are true

Indeed.

• @jarland said:
    Heh, how about hell no. I'm out. Terminated all services immediately. If they said something like $3 maybe I'd understand but that number is hilariously insulting.

Agreed. I have an online.net box and while I don't pay by PayPal, this kind of attitude makes me not want to have this company holding my card details. Who knows what kind of stunts they'll be trying to pull next? I'll be looking elsewhere for a new place to host my box, away from the torrenters and kidechire kids.

• @Ishaq said:
    Regardless of whether they are or not, and assuming the accusations are true, no professional company should speak to anyone over the phone like that?

This was directed to me over irc. I was accused of outbound DoS and it was a false accusation and the head of networking called me it when I told I'd like him to investigate.

This happens twice in that month. Second time they admitted in ticket to me that it was a false report and not anything I or my server had done. Needless to say I migrated to OVH and have had no issues at all.

• ktkt Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2016

I think last time I checked OVH also charged a tiny surcharge (£1-2), unlikely PP will do anything. Of course the 19EUR is borderline ridiculous.

• 1 EUR is perfectly fine. But 19 EUR. I think they need to reduce PP charge-backs or something.

• sabbo2001sabbo2001 Member
    edited February 2016

@jarland said:
    Heh, how about hell no. I'm out. Terminated all services immediately.

Totally reasonable. I would've input my card today if they said "We no longer accept PayPal, please enter a card to prevent service outage."

Presentation is important.

I think they may have miscalculated how to present this to their customers. I'd have done the same as you but I can't get my special limited editions anywhere else.

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited February 2016

I've never had the paypal option before but it's showing now, guess it's OK for an emergency payment method but nothing more.

• What about a protest? Lats give them ultimatum to remove that fee or they get banned/blacklisted at LET?

Thanked by 2boernd default
  • The problem now: I validated my creditcard an hour ago and they charged me 1,19€ succesfully.

Now I get an email from them that the payment for the latest invoice got rejected.

So you force me to use my credit-card and then you won't accept my creditcard?

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @tr1cky said:
    The problem now: I validated my creditcard an hour ago and they charged me 1,19€ succesfully.

Now I get an email from them that the payment for the latest invoice got rejected.

I had to re-issue my paypal agreement this month as well as last month as it showed payment failed. I'm glad I happened to cancel two boxes earlier this month now.

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited February 2016

@bene_online Hey Benedict, I know you're a nice person, so would you explain this to me:A €19 fee will be charged for optional payment methods (checks, Paypal, American Express, bank transfers).Will Online.net charge for debit card payments for now? That's absolutely unacceptable.It seems February's charge is pending on my account and doesn't include the said €19 fee. Not sure if I'll be charged the same in March if I don't cancel.

• Thanks for the screenshot. I've got the same option and I paid so far with debit card every month(they've deducted it automatically).

linuxthefish said: I've never had the paypal option before but it's showing now, guess it's OK for an emergency payment method but nothing more.

• GM2015 said: Will Online.net charge for debit card payments for now? That's absolutely unacceptable.

That's free but charges folks based in uk (my bank charges around £3 extra)

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited February 2016

I know that. I believe we talked about that earlier.

I just got a reply exactly about that from Benedikt.

"The payment fees are only for some specific payment modes (PayPal, AMEX, Cheque), because these forms of payments are very expensive to process. No fees apply to payments with MasterCard or VISA debit cards. However your bank may charge you a small conversion fee as all our payments are made in Euro. "

Also bank transfer expression is confusing, since a debit card payment is a bank transfer in a way.

TarZZ92 said: That's free but charges folks based in uk (my bank charges around £3 extra)

• I love my kidechire, but their behaviour is ridiculous. They want me to pay a 20 Euro transaction fee for a 2 Euro product each month?

Stop accepting Paypal completely and give the remaining Paypal costumers a fair time period to change their payment method and the whole thing is done. If you want to shine start accepting bitcoin.

It was your choice to accept Paypal and you should have done your homework before you do stupid things lige this.

• so maybe they lose a lot of customers on this by now...

guess what, they will come up with some limited blabla special in short time to sell the free boxes and we will see the usual run for that offer around here...
    anyone to bet against?

and remember: it will be very interesting to see, which position they'll be going to achieve in the provider poll.

• @Falzo said:

guess what, they will come up with some limited blabla special in short time to sell the free boxes and we will see the usual run for that offer around here...
    anyone to bet against?

Greed is king.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @Baris said:

this. probably myself would go for a 2x2TB box at 19$ if I ever get the chance...

Thanked by 2Rolter netomx
  • @Falzo said:
    anyone to bet against?

Won't the 19 EUR in Paypal fee knock most of their higher end limited offers off the under $49/month LET Rule?

• @tr1cky said:
    The problem now: I validated my creditcard an hour ago and they charged me 1,19€ succesfully.

When I first paid for online, it was declined but it was my bank that blocked the transaction thinking it was fraud (randomly paying some French company)

@TarZZ92 said:
    That's free but charges folks based in uk (my bank charges around £3 extra)

Switch to first direct (regardless of this, they're the best bank ever)

• lol , this is verry WRONG atitudine , no comment !

• LeeLee Veteran

cociu said: no comment !

Umm

cociu said: lol , this is verry WRONG atitudine

• @sabbo2001 said:

maybe. but it is not mandatory to pay with PP , more like the opposite...

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited February 2016

Wait, SEPA cost also 19EUR? Did online got lost?

• sabbo2001 said: Won't the 19 EUR in Paypal fee knock most of their higher end limited offers off the under $49/month LET Rule?

So? Pay with the free-less options then

Infinity580 said: Wait, SEPA cost also 19EUR?

No.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@gsrdgrdghd said:

Bank Transfer = SEPA