Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

online.net f*cking with their old customers - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

online.net f*cking with their old customers

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited February 2016

rm_ said: They could have said Paypal is just going away as an option from the next month. Would you prefer that? But no, they decided to leave an option for now, for those who REALLY need it. Remember, not everyone uses 6 EUR servers, perhaps some people order twenty 30 EUR servers and in that scale the 19 EUR fee is not huge.

Exactly my thoughts, sometimes the LE* forgets the world doesn't revolve around them.

• sabbo2001 said: After reading some of the chatlogs from the online.net IRC I'm seriously starting to think about leaving anyway.

>

You don't like the idea that an CEO of a listed company is available for chat at 8:30pm on irc and listen his customers needs and ideas ? :) Maybe not enough 2.0 for you :-)

• @hawc said:

<arnaud> so, we decided to suspend this idea. I will tell you very soon what we will do and we will send you an email with new conditions.

Well well well. There we go

do you mean they will reconsidering about the fee ?

• More kidechires please.

abermingham said: You don't like the idea that an CEO of a listed company is available for chat at 8:30pm on irc and listen his customers needs and ideas ? :) Maybe not enough 2.0 for you :-)

• I'm currently using a US credit card and paying Foreign Transaction Fee, would love to find some way to pay without getting charged that fee.
    I understand that PayPal costs them (and I never had an option to pay with PayPal to begin with), but I assume there isn't any option to pay from a US checking account, so I don't think I have any other options...

• @Nekki said:
    Exactly my thoughts, sometimes the LE* forgets the world doesn't revolve around them.

Technically, it does.

• sabbo2001sabbo2001 Member
    edited February 2016

@abermingham said:
    You don't like the idea that an CEO of a listed company is available for chat at 8:30pm on irc and listen his customers needs and ideas ?

Oh good god I didn't realise you were the CEO, actually posting here too. Now it's my turn to backpedal (damn you foot-in-mouth syndrome). I'm actually very impressed about that particular thing, it's just some other things I've read here on LET have led me to think not so highly. I've actually never had a complaint about online.net, personally. Not something I can state about most providers I've been with.

Edit: Can you give us any details on the new upcoming 2016 line, or is that still secret?

• sabbo2001 said: Edit: Can you give us any details on the new upcoming 2016 line, or is that still secret?

>

2-3 weeks :-)

Thanked by 1Trav
  • sabbo2001 said: Edit: Can you give us any details on the new upcoming 2016 line, or is that still secret?

Weren't you thinking of leaving Online.net a few posts ago?

• @Nekki said:

I like to bitch, but I like even more to be a bitch.

Thanked by 2switsys netomx
  • Nekki said: Weren't you thinking of leaving Online.net a few posts ago?

This

Nekki said: We're all cunts

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • @Nekki said:

I think many things. Not all of these thoughts come to fruition, make sense, or last very long. And hey, if the CEO is replying in a thread I happen to be in, why not ask a direct question?

• sabbo2001 said: And hey, if the CEO is replying in a thread I happen to be in, why not ask a direct question?

Why not indeed! The only reason I can think of is because you're not interested in the answer because you're not going to be partaking in his company's services anymore.

Oh wait....

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • @doughmanes said:
    hawc didn't you chargeback on online.net because you don't understand how packet loss works and had LET show you how to read a MTR report where you screamed packet loss because one hop had "loss" which was a HE hop dropping ICMP when the 3 other MTRs I provided on other networks showed no packet loss?

No he didn't. He was getting packet loss from Online internally to my own server actually.

• IThinkUFailed said: He was getting packet loss from Online internally to my own server actually.

Oh so two tests, probably going over the same HE route, got the same results my Comcast, OVH and 2 other MTRs couldn't reproduce?

• LeeLee Veteran

sabbo2001 said: if the CEO is replying in a thread I happen to be in, I will now kiss his ass because I really never meant anything I said, forgive me puurrrtty please?

FTFY

• @rm_ said:
    They could have said Paypal is just going away as an option from the next month. Would you prefer that? But no, they decided to leave an option for now, for those who REALLY need it. Remember, not everyone uses 6 EUR servers, perhaps some people order twenty 30 EUR servers and in that scale the 19 EUR fee is not huge.

I agree if you you have 20 x 30 EUR servers.

I spend myself around 40 Euros each month. For me this would be a huge deal breaker if I only had Paypal as a good option. I see it from the normal small scale costumer side of view.

I just can't understand the 19 Euros, why is it so much? For 19,90 transfer fee I can send up to 500 Euros to UGANDA with Western Union, one of the most expensive money transfer agencies:

For 24,90 I can send up to 5000 EUR via WU.

• Baris said: I just can't understand the 19 Euros, why is it so much?

So people who only spend €40 a month stop using paypal.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • This is the kind of things you theorize about, as possible solutions to a problem, but never pursue because... well, I guess because nobody wants to look like Online does now.

• @Nekki said:
    So people who only spend €40 a month stop using paypal.

I won't stop. Cunt...

Thanked by 2GM2015 Nekki
  • @doughmanes said:
    Oh so two tests, probably going over the same HE route, got the same results my Comcast, OVH and 2 other MTRs couldn't reproduce?

I'm just informing you of what I witnessed so please fuck off with your attitude.

Thanked by 1switsys
  • LeeLee Veteran

Baris said: I won't stop. Cunt...

You will with Online.net

• doughmanesdoughmanes Member
    edited February 2016

IThinkUFailed said: I'm just informing you of what I witnessed so please fuck off with your attitude.

Sorry your jimmies are rustled and you're so easily defensive versus explaining how you drew such a conclusion.

A bunch of people and presumably you with the defensiveness probably didn't know how to read packet loss either.

• bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

Like someone said - they can just remove paypal from their payment methods list. Maybe it is better way than raise fees for transactions?

Thanked by 1Host4Go
  • @doughmanes said:
    A bunch of people and presumably you with the defensiveness probably didn't know how to read packet loss either.

Just like you clearly don't know the value of the shitty domains you sell?

I saw packet loss to the destination of about 4% if I recall correctly so please kindly fuck off.

edited February 2016

IThinkUrMadBruh

Again, more defensiveness and nothing to back up or explain how you came to the conclusion. I'll stop messing with you. You can't seem to handle it.

Sold domains on here and paid my security deposit at the last place I lived at. Have fun with the mad life.

• Anyone willing to transfer their Kidechire instead of Rage-quitting?

• @doughmanes said:
    IThinkUrMadBruh

Again, more defensiveness and nothing to back up or explain how you came to the conclusion. I'll stop messing with you. You can't seem to handle it.

Please tell me how I can't handle it? You sounded pretty pissy when people shit all over your parade about your crappy domain.

I told you there was packet loss to the destination IP to an IP within the Online network.

If I still had the logs i'd provide them gladly but that's also not what this threads for.

• FrecyboyFrecyboy Member
    edited February 2016

You cant transfer the fucking kidechires, didn't you learned that from the 100ret of gimme one threats that pop up every time they re sold ?

And every single one couldn't read the other 5 on the start page.

Thanked by 2vimalware rm_
    edited February 2016

IThinkUFailed said: You sounded pretty pissy when people shit all over your parade about your crappy domain.

Pointed out discrepancies in policies, jarland agreed and cleaned up the mess. Similar with the guy who had his auction trashed earlier today.

You can just explain how you came to the conclusion versus providing deflection and the f-bomb which seems to be easier things to throw in the discussion when I said I ran 5 MTRs including to the Online box I own from different source to the same destination then ran MTRs back to the source.

If you can't respond to that, just walk away.