Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

online.net f*cking with their old customers - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

online.net f*cking with their old customers

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran

vimalware said: Anyone willing to transfer their Kidechire instead of Rage-quitting?

AFAIK you cannot actually transfer servers between accounts, and if you paid them then the issue is still there that they will pay with PP.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @bacloud said:
    Like someone said - they can just remove paypal from their payment methods list. Maybe it is better way than raise fees for transactions?

Why to remove Paypal.... When customer pay couple of hundred Euros+ for servers + €19 do not make it sound such a deal brake ...

• @doughmanes said:
    If you can't respond to that, just walk away.

I already told you I did MTR for a few hours and it had 4% packet loss to the destination IP... I've told you exactly what I did already. I don't know why it had packet loss but mtrs elsewhere for me didn't have it. It could have just been a problematic route it took or what. I don't know. All I know is there WAS packet loss.

I honestly would show you logs if I still had them. I rebuilt my PC about three weeks ago and thus, reinstalled windows etc. Honestly, I've had my fair share of issues with Online that led me to cancel one of my servers and I will be cancelling the other once I find a viable alternative for it.

• In the future, use my example with multiple MTRs to and from on as many carriers as possible. It helps avoid false positives.

• @doughmanes said:
    In the future, use my example with multiple MTRs to and from on as many carriers as possible. It helps avoid false positives.

He specifically stated he was seeing internal packet loss and thus I tried from my Online. I did MTR's elsewhere and saw little to no packet loss <0.1%

There was some but nothing I would of been too concerned with.

• ManuelleManuelle Member
    edited February 2016

Please all cancel your kidechire in hope they add more :) I paid paypal too but will get virtual card just to them keep them servers. For price servers are good.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • I just called PayPal police :P. So they are going to investigate and have this forum thread as a reference.

Thanked by 1Hassan
  • pcfreak30 said: I just called PayPal police :P. So they are going to investigate and have this forum thread as a reference.

they seem didn't care about PayPal anymore ;) that why they force user to use CC

• @tommy said:

I know. PayPal will force them to drop the fee or stop accepting payments. In the end its better than paying the fee.

• hostnoob said: When I first paid for online, it was declined but it was my bank that blocked the transaction thinking it was fraud (randomly paying some French company)

Mine too, all Aussie banks are suspicious as heck. Can't possibly imagine why :P

• edited February 2016

@abermingham said:

What I don't like are your techs . They denied an issue ( with 3 servers). Back then I paid a bunch of money for the setup fees and finally they told me the " wires " were bad. The problem persisted and I took down 3x e3v3 .
    Your techs really suck .
    Also I have to said your control panel is one of the best I've seen but you have to solve the OS reinstall. It has been recognized by your own guys it has some flaws . Can't recall if it was with certain os's or what.
    Also your policy of menacing me that after the 3rd episode ( your techs could not care less when I showed them it was a false positive) they told me to check logs with certain commands , I believe I could download my stuff ( which I don't care whatever was inside those boxes) and to reinstall.
    Does your CEO know all that sh. procedures and the lack of reading and writing comprehension they have?
    They might excel while dealing with French customers , such thing doesn't translate for customers that speak English , not French.
    I sent this pro guys plenty of mtrs and they wantes me to do iperf to some online server and did not consider my screenshots of packets loss valid.

• @0xdragon I pay using a standard Aussie Debit (visa) card and never had any issues,

• It's there choice, and it's marginally better than completely dropping Paypal for those the absolute need to use Paypal. You have 30 days notice too, many LET hosts can't even manage that length of notice for IP migration and data center changes. It's a strong nudge to the other options.

• LeeLee Veteran

@pcfreak30 said:
    I just called PayPal police :P. So they are going to investigate and have this forum thread as a reference.

One look at this site and they will just turn and walk away

Thanked by 3Darwin Mark_R GM2015
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited February 2016

I can no longer trust Online.Net for this. Even if they remove this fee, simply for making this decision by their staff, and announcing it in a public newsletter, is terrifying. In my mind Online.Net is now buried with those shady unserious and greedy providers.

A serious company does not do this. A serious and honest company catches the bull by the horns and removes a payment method, announcing customers with at least 1 month in advance.

Now I shall leave Online.Net and their strange fees because I can no longer trust them. I think they should be removed from LET too, but this is not my decision to make.

Please note: this fee is not just for PayPal. Whoever has an account at Online.Net can now see this official announcement on their payment mode page (https://console.online.net/en/bill/payment_mode): A €19 fee will be charged for optional payment methods (checks, Paypal, American Express, bank transfers)

So, in my theory, all this is just the beginning of something bigger. I do not desire to be a part of it.

• @default said:
    I can no longer trust Online.Net for this. Even if they remove this fee, simply for making this decision by their staff, and announcing it in a public newsletter, is terrifying. In my mind Online.Net is now buried with those shady unserious and greedy providers.

A serious company does not do this. A serious and honest company catches the bull by the horns and removes a payment method, announcing customers with at least 1 month in advance.

Now I shall leave Online.Net and their strange fees because I can no longer trust them. I think they should be removed from LET too, but this is not my decision to make.

Please note: this fee is not just for PayPal. Whoever has an account at Online.Net can now see this official announcement on their payment mode page (https://console.online.net/en/bill/payment_mode): A €19 fee will be charged for optional payment methods (checks, Paypal, American Express, bank transfers)

I talked with the CEO on the IRC. They cannot hold this server prices when the transaction fee is 8-10% and they every day got a paypal dispute. They have to choose. Low server prices or they increase the price and accept paypal.

Within the years paypal suspended their account many times. So they want to avoid. And everybody use their credit card. Thats not a problem in the EU. Thats a problem OUTSIDE the EU.

Thats what i know. And i fully understand their step.. if somebody pay 200-500+ eur/mo 19 fee not the end of the world. But if you pay a 2-50 eur/mo server then its... a problem.

• ZweiTiger said: fee is 8-10%

so pass it on to customer instead.. (which is what happens if i pay with cc)

• default said: A serious and honest company catches the bull by the horns and removes a payment method, announcing customers with at least 1 month in advance.

So the difference between a honest and a dishonest company is that the hoest company removed the payment method completly while the dishonest company continues to offer it but with an additional fee?

• Suggestions on other EU providers? I have a Hetzner box but their network speeds are horrible. Online.net speeds almost always hit their 150 Mbps limit and I seldom get better than 20-30 Mbps from Hetzner :/

• JWU42 said: Suggestions on other EU providers? I have a Hetzner box but their network speeds are horrible. Online.net speeds almost always hit their 150 Mbps limit and I seldom get better than 20-30 Mbps from Hetzner :/

Then something is wrong or Hetzner's connection to your network (or vice versa) is not the best. I see great speeds from my Hetzner servers to many locations worldwide. Would you like me to test something for you so that you have a comparison?

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • JWU42JWU42 Member
    edited February 2016

@Amitz -- specifically back to US...

My online box sends at 22MB/s to hetzner. Going back to online (from hetzner) maybe 6-7 MB/s.

Download speeds are fine it is outbound that is slow. Getting 4-5 MB/s now on a large FTP transfer to my home line (120Mbps). Just initiated same TX from my online box and maxing out at 12+ MB/s.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

jarland said: Totally reasonable. I would've input my card today if they said "We no longer accept PayPal, please enter a card to prevent service outage."

The reason I use PayPal is so I don't have to give my card number to dodgy online services...

Thanked by 4iSky Cryck sin netomx
  • Yes, the connection between Online.net (have servers there too) and Hetzner is not the best, I had the same experience. However, I never was under the impression that Hetzner's network (globally) has to hide behind Online.net.

• @JWU42 said:
    Suggestions on other EU providers? I have a Hetzner box but their network speeds are horrible. Online.net speeds almost always hit their 150 Mbps limit and I seldom get better than 20-30 Mbps from Hetzner :/

OVH :3

• yep - looked more at soyoustart - might consider them. I wish i3d had something a bit lower priced as their network seems very nice!

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited February 2016

I'm now thinking just to keep my

raindog308 said: The reason I use PayPal is so I don't have to give my card number to dodgy online services...

Use a prepaid card connected with your web banking account and top it up whenever you need to pay something. Change frequently those prepaid (most banks are changing them at least once a year, especially the virtual ones). At least, that's what I do

• sinsin Member
    edited February 2016

raindog308 said: The reason I use PayPal is so I don't have to give my card number to dodgy online services

Same here

Thanked by 1JWU42
  • @Amitz said:
    Yes, the connection between Online.net (have servers there too) and Hetzner is not the best, I had the same experience. However, I never was under the impression that Hetzner's network (globally) has to hide behind Online.net.

Why hide ?

• inthecloudblog said: Why hide ?

Maybe that got lost in translation from german to english. I meant that the Hetzner network is not inferior to Online.net's (IMHO).

• @Radi said:
    I was paying with credit card, but just cancelled Kidechire. Stupid guys @ online.

quite the opposite!

Thanked by 1rm_