Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

online.net f*cking with their old customers - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

online.net f*cking with their old customers

Comments

• If anybody doesn't want it's kidechire, I'd take it :)

• Infinity580 said: Bank Transfer = SEPA

No, bank transfer != SEPA.

SEPA direct debit (Lastschrift) is still free.

Thanked by 1sabbo2001
  • LeeLee Veteran

Falzo said: this. probably myself would go for a 2x2TB box at 19$ if I ever get the chance...

A lot of boxes will get returned, I have no shame, that is what I am waiting for :)

• @hawc didn't you chargeback on online.net because you don't understand how packet loss works and had LET show you how to read a MTR report where you screamed packet loss because one hop had "loss" which was a HE hop dropping ICMP when the 3 other MTRs I provided on other networks showed no packet loss?

• Why? They would have been better being honest, saying that they are removing Paypal as a payment option, which is effectively what they are doing. Either that or wait for the backpedal when it turns out it's a 'typo' and should have been 1.9EUR. Hmmm.

• 19 EUR Takes the piss as a fee for PayPal payments. They should simply suck it up and pay the fee's themselves as PayPal won't even charge that much.

I've never heard anything good about Online.Net apart from their cheap Dedicated servers and even then they don't seem to be that good. Like many have already said, Jump ship while you can. It's not worth the hassle.

• Does anyone know a good VPS provider with machines in Europe that charges in GBP to avoid the conversion fees that EUR charging providers attract?

• ovh uk

VPSensational said: Does anyone know a good VPS provider with machines in Europe that charges in GBP to avoid the conversion fees that EUR charging providers attract?

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 2016

I was paying with credit card, but just cancelled Kidechire. Stupid guys @ online.

• I'm seeing a double win for online, people cancelling kidechires (sold at loss) and they can finally drop PayPal.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited February 2016

Baris said: a fair time period to change their payment method

1 month is a fair time period. WTF is wrong with you people, can't you walk to the nearest bank and get the simplest debit card already? I thought in most countries that's not only readily available, but also very cheap or even free by now.

And Paypal just sucks with their fees on everything and all the horror stories of arbitrary account blocking and freezing hefty sums of people's money. Let's hope Online.net will look into adding Bitcoin or other cryptocoins now (hey, zero fees and zero chargebacks!!!), although with them being somewhat of a "traditionalist" company in this aspect, that's perhaps not very likely.

• rm_ said: can't you walk to the nearest bank and get the simplest debit card already?

Neither of my two debit cards worked with online.net though.

• rds100 said: Neither of my two debit cards worked with online.net though.

>

Really ? Could you send me more informations by email (abermingham at online dot net) please ? We are going to see whats happen

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • @rds100 said:

I have experienced issues when using cards that force verified by Visa/MasterCard secure code.

My current cc works perfectly (different bank and didn't force verified/secure code)

• @rds100 said:
    If i read this correctly they would charge a 19EUR fee even for a bank transfer? Does this mean that the people who used to pay with SEPA are screwed too?

I think that option is manual bank transfer TBH.

Thanked by 1rds100
  • rds100rds100 Member
    edited February 2016

abermingham said: Really ? Could you send me more informations by email (abermingham at online dot net) please ? We are going to see whats happen

I am not even your customer (i couldn't order / pay, because my cards didn't work). So i didn't become a customer. It was when the cheap kidecheries were first launched. Haven't tried since then.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • mpkossen said: I think that option is manual bank transfer TBH.

>

Nop. This is the European direct bank debit system (not manual).
    It is very secure and with no costs inside European Union for most of banks. Also working with UK, Switzerland, Poland ... 85% of our clients are using SEPA direct debit.

• this 19 eur fee kinda ruins the point of going with online.net doesnt it?

Thanked by 2switsys default

Mark_R said: this 19 eur fee kinda ruins the point of going with online.net doesnt it?

Of going with Paypal, rather.

• @rm_ said:
    Of going with Paypal, rather.

im not a big fan of paypal myself but end up using it 99% of the time because thats what everyone generally accepts. this 19 eur fee is ridiculous.

i wonder if theres any valid reason behind it other than pressuring people in using other pay methods.

• They're doing their non-Euro customers a huge favour. Paypal fees + paypal exchange rate is more like an 8% fee for both parties combined.

Thanked by 1asf
  • No doubt forcing paypal out of the game. Amazon doesn't accept paypal either. Another saas I know of doesn't accept paypal because they know paypal's a craphole for sellers http://www.paypalwarning.com/ https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=site:http://www.paypalwarning.com/. It seems a legit enough site, similar to rip off reports, this instead paypal's a rip off.

Mark_R said: i wonder if theres any valid reason behind it other than pressuring people in using other pay methods.

• @rm_ said:
    1 month is a fair time period. WTF is wrong with you people, can't you walk to the nearest bank and get the simplest debit card already? I thought in most countries that's not only readily available, but also very cheap or even free by now.

:( but I'm scared of leaving my dungeon. There's this big glowing ball out there. It wants to eat me.

Thanked by 2Amitz switsys
  • hawchawc Moderator, LIR

<arnaud> so, we decided to suspend this idea. I will tell you very soon what we will do and we will send you an email with new conditions.

Well well well. There we go

Hum, I'd say backpedaling on it now is kind of worse than going through with the change.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @rm_ said:

As a costumer I never had problems with Paypal. It is easy to use and a lot of companies and shops accept it.

I have a credit card and an EU bank account. Changed my payment to SEPA direct debit but the point is why do they fucking waste my time?! Why?!? PP was working good and if they can't deal with the chargebacks and the fees they should not invite me to use Paypal back then and do their research before. Not my problem.

And then they come to my face and say 19 Euro!?! Seriously???? 19 Euro??? FUCKING NINETEEN EURO?!?

• Confirmed. Online.net is most retarded company in France. I doubt Arnaud has any brains.

Thanked by 2hawc switsys

Baris said: And then they come to my face and say 19 Euro!?! Seriously???? 19 Euro??? FUCKING NINETEEN EURO?!?

They could have said Paypal is just going away as an option from the next month. Would you prefer that? But no, they decided to leave an option for now, for those who REALLY need it. Remember, not everyone uses 6 EUR servers, perhaps some people order twenty 30 EUR servers and in that scale the 19 EUR fee is not huge.

Thanked by 3Nekki asf coolice
  • After reading some of the chatlogs from the online.net IRC I'm seriously starting to think about leaving anyway.

• hawc said: so, we decided to suspend this idea. I will tell you very soon what we will do and we will send you an email with new conditions.

I bet they're going to kill off paypal all together.