Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How can we improve LowEndTalk? - Page 16
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How can we improve LowEndTalk?

1101112131416»

Comments

• edited July 2015

Cloudflare makes the site fly but I get some nasty errors while in my phone which btw it'd be nice if I could upload screenies from my mobile.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

I feel like this thread has gone a bit wrong.

Thanked by 1wych
  • how about getting rid of affiliate links in signatures or links that go to pages that are full of affiliate links.

There is an idiot on here that posts in every thread that has a link to a "VPS Comparison" site in his signature that only lists providers/plans that he has affiliate accounts with. Not very honest - he tries to make it look like a public service to help people decide what the best value is... (he doesn't mention that that he only lists providers that will pay him for signups and he hides the affiliate linking.)

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited July 2015

JoeMerit said: There is an idiot

I am not an idiot.

JoeMerit said: only lists providers/plans that he has affiliate accounts with.

False. There are non-affiliate links as well.

Gotta love that obsession you have with me. If you have a problem with that, man up and PM me, stating why are you so jealous of others.

• To be fair @Traffic the fact you hide the link with URL shorter and don't even tell us which company shows how much of a money where you are. Pretty pathetic.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

I can say, he listed some of our offers, and many of them did not give any referral when a new customer signed up.

In my own opinion, the project is a good idea, with rapid benchmark views. If people didn't like it, they can pass their way and use another website to compare VPS. I do not understand why this thread change of topic. Is it possible to revert on the main topic?

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited July 2015

TinyTunnel_Tom said: To be fair @Traffic the fact you hide the link with URL shorter and don't even tell us which company shows how much of a money where you are. Pretty pathetic.

The fact that I chose NOT to add your company ( https://zetawebs.com/ ) does not mean I am unfair.

https://archive.is/zqWiu

• @Traffic never my company. I just coded back end.

Quite pathetic excuse however

• Is that your new word for today? I'm thrilled at how this thread has become a monograph about my person and one of my sites.

• SpiritSpirit Member

How can we improve LowEndTalk?

Thanked by 1TheKiller
  • @Traffic said:

Is that your new word for today? I'm thrilled at how this thread has become a monograph about my person and one of my sites.

Resembles you very much as you haven't really come to explain or even justify your actions. Instead your taking any and every possible route out of the question making yourself look like a complete asshole. I'm thrilled at how you come to continually avoid the question. And @Spirit we are. Ban Aff links or have user post 1 Aff 1 non aff. This way it's up to the user to choose affiliate link or not. Traffic provides no option for non-Aff due to he doesn't mention the name of the company and hides the link. Personally I find this wrong and I hope others feel the same. Maybe banning aff links is a little to far. But maybe we can come to a middle ground on having Aff and non aff

• Spirit said: How can we improve LowEndTalk?

Apparently this is as good as it gets.

Thanked by 1TinyTunnel_Tom
  • SpiritSpirit Member

Stick with "how can we improve LowEndTalk", instead of going into endless argument with another forum member, please. We got suggestion. I hope that's not too hard to understand.

Thanked by 1alexvolk
  • To share more interesting posts with other and get and share there person experience on that topic. Trust me it would be amazing and beneficial to.

• I was staying on topic. One of the problems with LowendTalk is the growing amount of people posting just to get their website/affiliate links displaying in every single thread.

(they really don't have anything to say in the thread, but they post something just to increase their chances of affiliate signups.)

• MarkGMarkG Member

Put a floating button to bring you back to the top of the page with one click, thanks.

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • MarkG said: Put a floating button to bring you back to the top of the page with one click, thanks.

This.

Taking one's hand off the mouse and hitting PgUp every time is a bit clumsy.

• PwnerPwner Member

@Ole_Juul said:
    Taking one's hand off the mouse and hitting PgUp every time is a bit clumsy. lazy.

Thanked by 1TheKiller
  • @Ole_Juul If you hit Home it'll be faster. But yes, a floating "Top" button would be a nice addon.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited July 2015

@JoeMerit Eh, if i would remove my last 20 affs from 330 from lowendserv the domain/server would not pay itself nah, + the work weekly to keep everything updated/running.

• @Traffic said:
    Ole_Juul If you hit Home it'll be faster. But yes, a floating "Top" button would be a nice addon.

Can't find Home in the virtual keyboard ;(

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • Traffic said: @Ole_Juul If you hit Home it'll be faster. But yes, a floating "Top" button would be a nice addon.

Oops, I wasn't awake. Yes, of course. :)

However, it's still an awful lot of physical movement for using a computer. I normally use a very small mouse and movements are within about 1/2 inch. Anything more than that and it's in the sports category.

From time to time I have a lot of pain so accessibility is an issue, but regardless of that, this is a computer and not a piece of exercise equipment. I believe that the aim should bes for the operator to be able to control it with the least movement possible. The aim is not to increase the amount of movement.

I'm a professional flute player, and I'll tell you that one doesn't want the keys to high. A guitarist doesn't want the strings high off the fingerboard. A pianist doesn't want keys that require to be pushed down 6 inches. Really, it's obvious.

With a computer there's no reason to deliberately increase the movements required by the operator. I understand that some people like to jump around in their seat and wiggle a lot when they're using a computer, but for the program to actually require that is just bonkers. From a disability and accessibility point of view, I'd be willing to say that it's actually malicious. In this day and age, programmers should know better. They've certainly got the tools if they wish to do their job properly.

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Ole_Juul said:

I suggest you buy a programmable mouse (used by professionals) and program one of the buttons as home buttom. Less "exercise" then moving the mouse to the hover button (which will be further away that day you buy a larger monitor).

• I'd like that, and thanks for the suggestion. :) But they're all so big and don't fit between my fingers. I've seen people operate those big mice (like the Microsoft ones), and they put their hands right on top of them. lol They have no fine control because their arm moves. Ridiculous.

• Closing this until there is time to read this and look for actual useful suggestions in between all the spam.

Thanked by 1TheKiller
This discussion has been closed.