Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How can we improve LowEndTalk? - Page 12
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How can we improve LowEndTalk?

Comments

• @Spirit said:

how come?

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited June 2015

MSPNick said: how come?

That's what I am asking you. How come you want this section at lowendtalk discussion board? Do you want to put me on sale?

There are several other sections where would be more active contribution more than welcome, tho. As example http://lowendtalk.com/categories/tutorial or maybe http://lowendtalk.com/categories/help

• @Spirit said:

how much you selling yourself for these days? i'll have you..

nah, may widen up the discussion a litttle bit, i mean, hey, at least people with let customers can sell the business on let.

• SpiritSpirit Member

MSPNick said: nah, may widen up the discussion a litttle bit, i mean, hey, at least people with let customers can sell the business on let.

A little less sales and a bit more interesting discussions here would be refreshing ;-)

• @Spirit said:

so, you like my idea? lol

• SpiritSpirit Member

MSPNick said: so, you like my idea? lol

Not at all.

• @Spirit said:

:-( still up for selling yourself?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

MSPNick said: :-( still up for selling yourself?

You're barking up the wrong tree, @Spirit is all business when it comes to improving LET.

• @Nekki said:
    You're barking up the wrong tree, Spirit is all business when it comes to improving LET.

Damn..

• Mark_RMark_R Member

Maybe get rid of the 'Mark all viewed' link in the mobile version of LET. Often I accidentally click on it while I wanted to click on 'Inbox' next to it..

• to organice some hangout or discussions by specific topic with some expert

• HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

'Back to top' button. #2lazy2scroll

• wychwych Member

@HBAndrei said:
    'Back to top' button. #2lazy2scroll

Push the home button on your keyboard.

wych said: Push the home button on your keyboard.

Of course, but it would still be a nice little improvement to have that back to top button.

• @HBAndrei said:
    Of course, but it would still be a nice little improvement to have that back to top button.

Especially on mobile or other devices without a "dedicated" home button...

• BruceBruce Member

naffs me off when a topic is closed --> no HOME button anymore :(

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

wych said: Push the home button on your keyboard.

I am not quite sure how I have reached the age of almost 35, worked in IT for the last 15 years, used computers all my working life, actually grew up in a computer shop in the age of VIC 20's, BBC's, Commodore 64's etc and progressed all the way through from those to Amiga's to 286, 386, 486 and beyond, used every version of Windows and all major Linux distros, tried every browser yet up to now and NEVER EVER heard that or realized that is what it did......

Excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the ground and slap myself.

• Why not create a new category for dedicated server offers? If there's a 'Shared/reseller offers' forum, why are dedi and vps offers still merged into 'Offers'?

Also, it would be nice to have a Section for offers related to web hosting and VPS/Dedi.
    I mean this forum has so much potential, just need to open the door a bit more and widen the range of the offers posted.

• dwhsdwhs Member

I think a lot of people on here have websites they would like to promote to other members without being spammy. Maybe a members website directory section so we could see what sites and details about them the other users have.

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited June 2015

@dwhs said:
    I think a lot of people on here have websites they would like to promote to other members without being spammy. Maybe a members website directory section so we could see what sites and details about them the other users have.

Other forums have this and it always turns into a spam subforum. But if limits on who can publish their sites are placed, I think it'd be a great idea, just like @HostNun's Dedicated Servers category proposal.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited June 2015

My main issue (speaking as reader, not forum staff) with all those suggestions how to improve LET is that they mostly don't improve anything at all. Add more fancy buttons, add more sub forums, etc.. generally don't improve this what we have already. It does not improve general quality, culture, orientation of this website. As example, we have lets say 11 sub forums. Will 12 sub forums make it any better? More interesting? Could this make user experience, or lets say some newbie experience for example at this site any better?
    Lets think out of the box how to improve this what we have already. What to do with that to make it better, more interesting, user friendly, etc... No one come here to enjoy in new big fancy flag button. But content.
    Interesting content, not just another sub forum which would help to some company or individual to push through this site even more sales.
    I don't have idea how to improve general user experience, how to make forum more interesting, friendier, but that's what I believe we should work at. After all there are some really smart people around.

• LeeLee Veteran

Anyone got a summary of what has actually been implemented as a result of this thread?

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • vedranvedran Veteran

1) Avatars have been fixed (?)
    2)

TBH, most of the suggestions here are either unrealistic or something most people don't want or just stupid.

Thanked by 2Nekki Spirit
  • LeeLee Veteran

@vedran said:
    1) Avatars have been fixed (?)
    2)

TBH, most of the suggestions here are either unrealistic or something most people don't want or just stupid.

So no need to let this thread continue on if it's not generated anything in all this time.

Thanked by 1Mark_R

@Spirit said:
    My main issue (speaking as reader, not forum staff) with all those suggestions how to improve LET is that they mostly don't improve anything at all. Add more fancy buttons, add more sub forums, etc.. generally don't improve this what we have already. It does not improve general quality, culture, orientation of this website. As example, we have lets say 11 sub forums. Will 12 sub forums make it any better? More interesting? Could this make user experience, or lets say some newbie experience for example at this site any better?
    Lets think out of the box how to improve this what we have already. What to do with that to make it better, more interesting, user friendly, etc... No one come here to enjoy in new big fancy flag button. But content.
    Interesting content, not just another sub forum which would help to some company or individual to push through this site even more sales.
    I don't have idea how to improve general user experience, how to make forum more interesting, friendier, but that's what I believe we should work at. After all there are some really smart people around.

OK so the aim is ideas to make it a more user friendly, content rich diverse and active place rather than, technically "it would be good to have a button that does xyz!"

So my 2 suggestions in line with that.

Lets do a 30 day trial of raising the limit to $10 on LET (not LEB) and then asses the metrics after.

Lets add more competitions, i.e. things that give something to end users for being part of the community, perhaps a slight change on that is add the kudos plugin and get some hosts to start accepting it as credit.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited June 2015

AnthonySmith said: Lets do a 30 day trial of raising the limit to $10 on LET (not LEB) and then asses the metrics after.

Do we lack of advertising?
    How does more sales (even more advertising) increase content (discussion) quality? What difference does it make if we decrease limit to $5 on LET from content quality perspective? Honest question.

• LeeLee Veteran

Spirit said: Do we lack of advertising from quality providers who can add value to this site?

Yes we do.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited June 2015

Lee said: Yes we do.

How does more sales (even more advertising) increase content (discussion) quality? I don't doubt there's a great business interest to increase yellow pages here, but how this make forum any better?

@Spirit no we lack diverse advertising, like I said it is a trial for 30 days nothing more, what harm can it do to try?

This discussion has been closed.