Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another Chris SCAM / AvanteHosting / Centarra Refusal ship of our HW - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Another Chris SCAM / AvanteHosting / Centarra Refusal ship of our HW

Comments

• gsrdgrdghd said: To be fair Jon's job isn't exactly difficult

It IS a difficult job and not as simple as you describe. Whether or not you outsource your staff, running a hosting business of any size was never an easy job, not when you have customers.

Also what's wrong with hiring someone from India? There are some pretty competent people that are based in India. Aside from the Kayako Team, @soluslabs have staff that have East-Indian names, and they are pretty awesome! My last encounter with them was yesterday and they did a good job.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@alexh said:
    Myself and colleagues have invested 4+ years into post-secondary education. I'll probably spend another 3 years in school. I love education, and I love learning more; Until I know everything possible, I won't quit. Why should somebody who invests little into their career have the exact same job?

Envy?

Thanked by 2Dylan 0xdragon
  • @netomx said:
    Envy?

I should have clarified; I'm not entering web-hosting-related industries, aside from past web design clients and the few sites for these clients that I host and maintain. Ideally, I'd like to enter private sector after school. I'm not interested in serving a large client base like Jon and many others are in the technology industry.

• DalekOfSkaro said: Also what's wrong with hiring someone from India?

have you never called an indian call centre?

Thanked by 2Mark_R Pwner
  • Only thing I don't agree with here is you will never know everything - the more you know the more you realize you can't know everything, I believe that's how the saying goes. Personally, I didn't go the college route, but hey it's not for everyone. Have you noticed there are very few kiddie hosts that do a good job, it's easy to understand why.

It takes a great deal of courage to admit to mistakes. Many people lack even this basic ability. Your point is very valid; In CST you cannot know everything, and even saying you're fluent in a language can be a stretch. There's a lot of knowledge, but the most important knowledge comes after making mistakes. Preventing a mistake will forever remain a better solution than to let them happen then try to repair them.

• @nexmark said:
    Just my opinion, No need to put someone down for it.

I wasn't putting anybody down. I'm asking you why this industry should be different from others? I'm not saying formal education is the end-all-be-all, but rather that if people are interested in this field, it's probably a good choice.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@alexh said:

It is like every industry: not everybody is certified, but surely they can.

• Let's keep this back on-topic, This post was about ClamHost, Centarra Hardware

• tomsfarmtomsfarm Member
    edited August 2014

Hi,

As you all know we made another thread and another is being made. As ChrisK thinks it is funny to prank peoples house phones. And then send us his own HW so he can delay sending our Hardware out. and every time we ask him about our Hardware he ignores us.

So ChrisK send out our Hardware as we have spent a lot of money on the Labels.

• wychwych Member
    edited August 2014

Another one...

As ChrisK thinks it is funny to prank peoples house phones

Seriously?

• Have you posted on WHT?

edited August 2014

And if ChrisK wants to respond a bunch load of BS again on how he is trying to come up with any possible excuse to delay sending out our Hardware. Then please go ahead and if people want to stick up for someone who is actually stealing peoples Hardware. then please go ahead. How ever ChrisK is the one who is not sending out our Hardware Here.

edited August 2014

@Steven_F said:
    Have you posted on WHT?

That is not possible but we'll make a thread on different communities until he sends out our Hardware.

• ATHKATHK Member

This is sad truely poor despicable behaviour I would expect from a 10 year old..

Thanked by 2netomx Pwner
  • I think it's more worth your time and money to purchase a plane ticket and get the hardware yourself.

Thanked by 1netomx
    edited August 2014

@ATHK said:
    This is sad truely poor despicable behaviour I would expect from a 10 year old..

So if someone was to steal from you would you stand and let it happen?

I don't see how anyone could use Centarra especially after them forcing people to change their numbers due to prank calls from Chris and his friends.

edited August 2014

@jnguyen said:
    I think it's more worth your time and money to purchase a plane ticket and get the hardware yourself.

And I'm sure Chris is going to accommodate that.

Shipping Labels have been sent Chris just needs to get of his lazy ass and ship out our Hardware that he has been delaying for the past 15 days nearly. There is another few $100 wasted as he won't even ship them on the labels that we gave him. Also ChrisK likes to insult his clients and call them disgusting and any name that he possibly can.

Including threats that if we continue making threads. That he will respond to them and try to tarnish our reputation. Yet he is just trying to make up any excuse that he can not to ship our hardware out. This is completely wrong and never have we ever had to experience this.

So anyone who wants to take ChrisK's side in this is perfectly fine to do so, but you are just aiding a thief that is attempting to steal his customers hardware. Apparently he would not need to, however you are not exactly showing that right now are you Chris.

• I don't know the story here, but if somebody was holding out on stuff that I had paid for - and wouldn't give it to me - nothing would stop me from pressing charges and prosecuting that sob.

edited August 2014

@Harald said:
    I don't know the story here, but if somebody was holding out on stuff that I had paid for - and wouldn't give it to me - nothing would stop me from pressing charges and prosecuting that sob.

That is not possible either been suggested by this community also.

As Legally you are sending a Provider your Hardware and they own it as it's in their property correct?

• Wait what? Why can't you do that? Nothing is stopping you.

• @Harald said:
    Wait what? Why can't you do that? Nothing is stopping you.

Contacted Authorities and they said it is not possible to have Chris for not sending out our Hardware.

• wychwych Member

@clamhost said:
    Contacted Authorities and they said it is not possible to have Chris for not sending out our Hardware.

I call BS. If you own it you can still raise a report of theft of your property.

Thanked by 1HyperSpeed
  • Where do you live? Any civilized country has laws against this.

• If the situation truly as bad as you say then maybe you have have him for loss of earnings? I am sure there is some legal jargon that's just enough to scare him into complicity. You don't have to take him to court, just make him think you may.

That said, it's hard to say that without knowing both sides. If what you say is true though, fuck this guy.

• HaraldHarald Member
    edited August 2014

Take him to court dude. If things really are as you say- he should end up paying all the fees, including loss of revenue.

• @Harald said:
    Where do you live? Any civilized country has laws against this.

Contacted both UK & US Authorities about this and neither said they cannot do anything in this Instance. as it's a Civil dispute and not a Criminal Issue. I'm just forwarding you all what we have been told.

@AThomasHowe said:
    If the situation truly as bad as you say then maybe you have have him for loss of earnings? I am sure there is some legal jargon that's just enough to scare him into complicity. You don't have to take him to court, just make him think you may.

That said, it's hard to say that without knowing both sides. If what you say is true though, fuck this guy.

There is a lot of loss of earnings here. especially having to oversubscribe our VPS Nodes because we are waiting on Chris to send out one of our built out VPS Nodes that will help correct all of this. But we have had to go and spend further money on another barebone + memory + HDDs it is not cheap. we spend roughly $1.4k per VPS Node that we build. and then he has 2 other servers also and a RAID Controller.

• Who is this Chris guy anyway? Doesn't seem like anyone somebody would do business with.

• @Harald said:
    Who is this Chris guy anyway? Doesn't seem like anyone somebody would do business with.

Centarra.com

• KrisKris Member

A single homed Telia uplink sans v6 does not a data-center make.

Thanked by 2tomsfarm HyperSpeed
This discussion has been closed.