Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another Chris SCAM / AvanteHosting / Centarra Refusal ship of our HW - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Another Chris SCAM / AvanteHosting / Centarra Refusal ship of our HW

Comments

• clamhost said: Dave is 20, and regardless there is no contract with Centarra. Never was or will be.

You signed up for their service, which implies agreement to their terms of service.

• tomsfarmtomsfarm Member
    edited August 2014

@Rallias said:
    You signed up for their service, which implies agreement to their terms of service.

The Terms of Services does not state any of this Information.

http://centarra.com/legal.html

• @Clamhost - you entered into contract with Centarra when you ordered service from them, paid them and shipped them your equipment.

Either way, just pay the $75 and be done with it. You didn't agree any specific terms for termination of contract so Centarra is within their rights to charge a reasonable fee to do it. In my experience that is a reasonable fee.

Otherwise Centarra can exercise their right to dispose of your equipment to recover any monies owed to them and I am sure you are accruing storage costs per day your equipment sits there.

edited August 2014

Otherwise Centarra can exercise their right to dispose of your equipment to recover any monies owed to them and I am sure you are accruing storage costs per day your equipment sits there.

You are wrong again..........

The server that he is holding is actually racked and is renewed until next month. So why would there be any storage fees? Chris has already agreed to storing the other two servers without any charge. So please stop commenting on our threads when you know nothing about it. It clearly shows that after the response above.

• @HyperSpeed said:
    If I got quoted $120 for a label I'd drive down myself and fetch them, it'd work out cheaper in petrol there and back than that label is ever worth phah, point you have there though I guess

Only if you consider your time to be free.

Thanked by 1tomsfarm
  • MarkTurner said: I am sure you are accruing storage costs per day your equipment sits there.

Centarra already stated he could store for free.

• RalliasRallias Member
    edited August 2014

clamhost said: The Terms of Services does not state any of this Information.

http://centarra.com/legal.html

Well, according to that link, they could terminate your free storage service and thusly deprive you indefinitely of that hardware. But you're right. Lets just go ahead and continue to be a public fool.

They quoted you a price to pack up and ship your hardware. You did not pay this price, and when you asked again, they changed the price. They are not obligated by that price unless you pay it in agreement to terms of quote.

• @Caveman122 said:
    Only if you consider your time to be free.

Think I could sacrifice a day for the price it'd end up costing to get it shipped. Don't see why it's so expensive, got my Dell Poweredge shipped to my door (over 6hours drive) for £10... which is what $24 give or take? Can't be that expensive, surely.

• @Corey - so he just needs to get over the trauma of paying the guy to unrack the kit and ship it. If he didn't agree the exit cost upfront then he can't be surprised when people want to be paid for their time.

In all truth unless the contract says they will offer an unracking/packaging and shipment service, Centarra is well within their rights to just say come and get it. Many colo companies take that tactic because they don't want the liability of packaging the equipment.

• MarkTurner said: @Corey - so he just needs to get over the trauma of paying the guy to unrack the kit and ship it. If he didn't agree the exit cost upfront then he can't be surprised when people want to be paid for their time.

In all truth unless the contract says they will offer an unracking/packaging and shipment service, Centarra is well within their rights to just say come and get it. Many colo companies take that tactic because they don't want the liability of packaging the equipment.

I agree.

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited August 2014

is this how profesional companies deal with problems? I don't understand why you would possibly fuck yourself over in the public and then maybe afterwards start building a legal case, this only could result in a potential problem regarding your own integrity as I see it. Maybe i'm wrong, I know nothing about solving profesionally issues like this but I can't help to notice how wrong this looks - it does make me wanna avoid doing business with any of the involved partys.

• ToadyusToadyus Member
    edited August 2014

@clamhost - get in your car and drive 5 hours...holy shit you've almost wasted that much time on LET today, you could have been at the dc already....shit or get off the pot!!

Hey everybody let's cry over sour milk...that's been left out for 5 hours!!!

edited August 2014

@Rallias said:
    They quoted you a price to pack up and ship your hardware. You did not pay this price, and when you asked again, they changed the price. They are not obligated by that price unless you pay it in agreement to terms of quote.
    @MarkTurner said:
    Corey - so he just needs to get over the trauma of paying the guy to unrack the kit and ship it. If he didn't agree the exit cost upfront then he can't be surprised when people want to be paid for their time.

The reason why we were so upset is because we gave him the labels weeks ago, and he used the excuse he didn't want to pack them out because his SSD got sent to our new Los Angeles provider on accident.

He received the SSD yesterday, and we ask okay can you please ship our RAID Card and pack the nodes for Fedex to pick them up? He tells us out of nowhere um no, I want $75 to do it.

That's why we're so annoyed, because there was no mention beforehand, and he sent the RAID card with the label meant for our 3 dedicated servers.

To top it all off, and add spite to it, he mentioned something in Skype about spending his gas yesterday and wanting $50 to cover that. It doesn't cost $50 to drop off a RAID card that his incompetent tech forgot to put in the box with the HDD's.

We actually had $50 account credit with them, from when we were going to prepay/early renew some nodes, that was used on the handling fees for him to pack the HDD's. So we've paid the handling fees more than once already.

Despite this in the end we're going to be stuck paying Chris his $75, which seems like he's dicking around and punishing us, but we have to.

Anyway I'll be closing this thread soon, because I'm wasting time on here.

-Thomas

• I get the feeling if you drove there, there'd be a door answering fee. If you do go, finalise everything in writing with him before you leave.

• @clamhost File a suit against him in small claims court for lost revenue. It will cost about 150 dollars to file the suit in Dallas county. If he doesn't show up or he lost the suit he has to pay up. But if don't pay you with a certain time frame you can file a notion to foreclose on his business property. Once that is set in motion your can actually take all his property at his business as compensation. So a 1,000 dollar lawsuit can be turned into a lot of money and head aches for him.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Naaaaaah

• aggressivenetworks said: File a suit against him in small claims court for lost revenue. It will cost about 150 dollars to file the suit in Dallas county. If he doesn't show up or he lost the suit he has to pay up. But if don't pay you with a certain time frame you can file a notion to foreclose on his business property. Once that is set in motion your can actually take all his property at his business as compensation. So a 1,000 dollar lawsuit can be turned into a lot of money and head aches for him.

You have to be in the right to win a lawsuit.

• @Rallias said:
    You have to be in the right to win a lawsuit.

Again you know nothing about the whole story.
    As soon as you do you'll know that we are in the right.

• MunMun Member

This week on Judge Judy......

• clamhost said: Again you know nothing about the whole story. As soon as you do you'll know that we are in the right.

When you use ad hominem attacks to attempt to exclude a third party from a conversation, the entire story gets revealed as far as it matters. Try again?

• Get a lawyer. Get a lawyer. Get a lawyer.

Thanked by 2netomx tux
    edited August 2014

@Rallias said:
    When you use ad hominem attacks to attempt to exclude a third party from a conversation, the entire story gets revealed as far as it matters. Try again?

So let me know if he is in the right with this for Instance.

Centarra offered us 50%OFF Including other clients when adding Credit through the API but then revoked the credit. We had offered the deal to several clients. and now have to cater for a lot of these people for 3 months for free. Another prime example, but there is more and more to this. It's a lot to write down.

Please explain how we are in the wrong here, because ChrisK is the one who keeps demanding several fees that was never discussed when we gave him his Label, and then 15 days later he turns around and wants 2x $50 fees then 1x $50 fee.

This is our problem. The charges are still undisclosed.

• ChrisKChrisK Member
    edited August 2014

Thomas there is clearly some communication problems between you and Dave.
    I said its $75 for the 3 servers if shipped at once (Or if you can get FedEx to come pick it up within our business hours 8AM-4PM and we will only charge to package it up)

It it $42 for the raid card and caddies which was already shipped ($50 - $8 SSD cost = $42)

The promotion was exclusive to virtual servers not pservers and colocation.

edited August 2014

ChrisK said: It it $42 for the raid card and caddies which was already shipped ($50 - $8 SSD cost = $42)

See below.

edited August 2014

@ChrisK said:
    Thomas there is clearly some communication problems between you and Dave.
    I said its $75 for the 3 servers if shipped at once (Or if you can get FedEx to come pick it up within our business hours 8AM-4PM and we will only charge to package it up)

It it $42 for the raid card and caddies which was already shipped ($50 - $8 SSD cost = $42)

I told you more than once on Skype, that I want the servers packed, I don't need you to ship them. I can paste the conversation if you want. I specifically said "pack" not "ship".

Why do you feel you deserve $42 for shipping our RAID Card when YOU ARE THE ONE THAT FORGOT TO SEND IT WITH OUR HDD's AT THE BEGINNING OF THE MONTH! WHY DO I NEED TO INCUR FEES FOR YOU/YOUR TECH'S MISTAKES?

IF THAT'S THE CASE THEN MY TIME THAT WAS SPENT TO SHIP THE SSD WAS $42, AND $8 FOR THE LABEL. So $50.

If I do that though, oh you'll be quick to say I'm wrong right?

• @clamhost said:
    We paid for the shipping for the SSD we don't owe you anything currently.

That's why its subtracted off the $50 you owe us....

• clamhost said: So let me know if he is in the right with this for Instance.

To be fair, I don't give a shit. In my eyes, you have two options. Either 1, get in writing that he's willing to let you pick up without cost your servers and shit in person, or two pay him the damn money he asks to have them shipped.

Quite frankly, with all the spew you've made in the last few weeks, if I were @ChrisK , I'd charge $200 flat rate to ship your servers and shit without compromise. And you know what? I'd be 100% in the right.

So, like I said, quit being the public fool, get in writing what it would cost to evacuate those servers from his hosting environment, and pay it. End of story. 2.

Thanked by 1TheLinuxBug
  • ChrisKChrisK Member
    edited August 2014

@AThomasHowe said:
    Get a lawyer. Get a lawyer. Get a lawyer.

Lawyer for what?

We are not doing anything wrong?

Clamhost can come pick up their hardware at ANY time.

edited August 2014

@ChrisK said:

That is not a option Chris.

Gave you a $120 label 13 days ago to ship out our Hardware and nothing has been done.

https://www.fedex.com/fedextrack/html/index.html?tracknumbers=770851986660&cntry_code=us&language=en&r=g

• ChrisK said: Lawyer for what?

We are not doing anything wrong?

If what they are saying is true, an hour with a lawyer for some advice to know exactly what his rights are it's going to save him a world of hassle as obviously he has no idea.

This discussion has been closed.