Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another Chris SCAM / AvanteHosting / Centarra Refusal ship of our HW - Page 11
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Another Chris SCAM / AvanteHosting / Centarra Refusal ship of our HW

Comments

• ChrisK said: Lawyer for what?

We are not doing anything wrong?

Clamhost can come pick up their hardware at ANY time.

I don't think that's under discussion here, what is under discussion is the BS fees you keep charging them. YOU made a mistake and now you are giving them the run around about it.

• tomsfarmtomsfarm Member
    edited August 2014

@Corey said:

Exactly. Furthermore he keeps changing the god damn fees. Look at this: http://pastebin.com/62yjpCft

• Its not BS fees, sorry but my time nor my techs time is free.
    There is two people at Clamhost and the information changes depending on which one I talk to.

This will be my last post regarding my matter, Clamhost can pickup their equipment or pay us to drop it off.. Simple
    If they don't want us to pack it up then theres no fee however I don't know if FedEx will just accept the server itself.

Thanked by 2Rallias Pwner
  • clamhost said: Exactly. Furthermore he keeps changing the god damn fees. Look at this: http://pastebin.com/62yjpCft

Oooh, edited, what changed?

• @ChrisK said:
    Its not BS fees, sorry but my time nor my techs time is free.
    There is two people at Clamhost and the information changes depending on which one I talk to.

This will be my last post regarding my matter, Clamhost can pickup their equipment or pay us to drop it off.. Simple
    If they don't want us to pack it up then theres no fee however I don't know if FedEx will just accept the server itself.

I like how you expected us to pay for the RAID Card to get dropped off when it was your mistake, you were supposed to send it with our HDD's. You even admitted the mistake! We went out of our way to use some of our Remote Hands time from Psychz to package the SSD.

You even agreed to ship out the RAID Card with no fees since we shipped out the SSD your tech accidentally sent with our HDD's. Now your trying to charge us $50? Or $42?

Then you decide to charge a packing fee, which changes every 5 minutes.

I worry that if I tell Dave to go ahead and send you $45 to pack the servers that you might say, I want $50 for "my time".

We're reluctant to deal with you at this point.

edited August 2014

@Rallias said:
    Oooh, edited, what changed?

I had misspelled Where is it? Asking: Where is it.

I corrected the punctuation during the conversation. Chris also changed the fee to $45 to pack, but God knows next week he'll probably ask for more money. Since he can't even give us a solid price. I can't believe he had the nerve to ask for $42/$50 for the RAID Card.

That was his error not mine. Why should I have to pay a outrageous cost like that? If anyone should it's his tech for mixing the SSD with the RAID Card.

The tech was incompetent, and yet we're being asked to incur fees due to that.

Hell no.

edited January 2017

@ChrisK said:
    Its not BS fees, sorry but my time nor my techs time is free.

[3:42:07 PM] ClamHost_Thomas: Fedex says you didn't drop anything off.

[3:42:18 PM] ClamHost_Thomas: Did you drop it off at a Kinkos/Fedex Office?

[3:42:26 PM] ClamHost_Thomas: Like an actual fedex location?

[3:42:34 PM] ClamHost_Thomas: because they would have at least scanned it

[3:44:46 PM] Chris K: okay it was actually dropped off this morning, i got false information

[3:45:05 PM] Chris K: so it should be in fedex system by tonight

[3:45:40 PM] Chris K: ground picked up at 4pm

[3:46:55 PM] Chris K: my understanding was it was dropped off yesterday

[3:47:22 PM] Chris K: ok?

Seem's like the information changes at Centarra too huh?

• I'd just like to point out three times. 1) 11:30AM when you started this thread. 2) 5PM now, 3) 5 Hours ride between you and your expensive gear. You could have gotten your gear by now instead of wasting all of this time.

Thanked by 2netomx ATHK
    edited August 2014

@rajprakash said:
    I'd just like to point out three times. 1) 11:30AM when you started this thread. 2) 5PM now, 3) 5 Hours ride between you and your expensive gear. You could have gotten your gear by now instead of wasting all of this time.

Please explain how we could of got our servers during the time this thread was opened until now. when we cannot drive to pick it up. ChrisK should not be running the service he is running. When all he does is give clients the run around like he has done with us since joining his service. we rely on our providers to do all of that for us. never had we had a problem with any of our other providers relating to shipping.

edited August 2014

@rajprakash said:
    I'd just like to point out three times. 1) 11:30AM when you started this thread. 2) 5PM now, 3) 5 Hours ride between you and your expensive gear. You could have gotten your gear by now instead of wasting all of this time.

5hrs to and back. So 10 hours.

Then I'd have to pay $120 to ship the nodes to Psychz in Los Angeles (new provider).

So in the end I just need Chris to get the fees straightened out.

• True, but you'd have it in hand by now.

edited August 2014

@clamhost said:
    5hrs to and back. So 10 ho> @rajprakash said:
    True, but you'd have it in hand by now.

Yeah that's if Centarra let's us in. Knowing them they'd have some kind of excuse.

$45 dollar entrance fee :D.

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited August 2014

rajprakash said: I'd just like to point out three times. 1) 11:30AM when you started this thread. 2) 5PM now, 3) 5 Hours ride between you and your expensive gear. You could have gotten your gear by now instead of wasting all of this time.

That's what we did when we were screwed 5 years ago by colocateusa. We paid them their ransom and drove our happy little asses 3 hours up there and got our equipment.

Thanked by 1tomsfarm
  • Agree the fees suck, but bottom line is you'd have the gear and not them.

• @rajprakash said:
    Agree the fees suck, but bottom line is you'd have the gear and not them.

ChrisK has said $45 is the packing fee and we'll arrange a pickup on Monday.
    I hope that everything goes as plan and we can continue working on our Business.

• Awesome. Remember that Monday is Labor Day in the States. Many businesses are not operating. Check with FedEx.

Thanked by 1tomsfarm
  • ToadyusToadyus Member
    edited August 2014

um your packing slip updated and says it's on it's way to LA? 37lbs? that doesn't seem like it's 3 servers tho.

https://www.fedex.com/fedextrack/html/index.html?tracknumbers=770851986660&cntry_code=us&language=en&r=g

edited August 2014

Yes that is for the RAID Card that Chris sent using our $120 label. I hope that Fedex will update the weight so we don't have to pay $120. we estimate it to be roughly $16-18.

You see I honestly do think ChrisK took the RAID card with the intention to steal it. As we sent 3 boxes to him and he combined them all into 1 box. So he had took the RAID card out and never reported to us exactly was in the 3 boxes either.

• wow the guy is straight up class...i wouldn't have sent him back his ssd until he shipped your servers..

edited August 2014

@Toadyus said:
    wow the guy is straight up class...i wouldn't have sent him back his ssd until he shipped your servers..

He was using that was a excuse until we shipped out his SSD he would not ship any of our hardware until he got his SSD back. as we are not trustworthy apparently....

Yet I can list a total of 28 Invoices paid to Centarra ranging between $2,000-3,000 for 3 rented servers and 1 colocated machine for 3 months. I'm stating this as he stated that we were a horrible client. Yet we never really needed Chris for anything while being with him. apart from the odd question that he would never answer.

There is something like 40 tickets that have been opened Including abuse complaints etc. while being with Centarra. and they claim that was submitted far too many tickets. we submitted a ticket and got told that we'd be billed $300hr if we continued using the IMPI while a tech was working on it. Yet with our new provider have only been utilizing them for 30-35 days we have had a total of 56 open tickets. I don't see them complaining.

http://imgur.com/a/D4Bqz

• clamhost said: He was using that was a excuse until we shipped out his SSD he would not ship any of our hardware until he got his SSD back. as we are not trustworthy apparently....

Yet I can list a total of 28 Invoices paid to Centarra ranging between $2,000-3,000 for 3 rented servers and 1 colocated machine for 3 months. I'm stating this as he stated that we was a horrible client. Yet we never really needed Chris for anything while being with him. apart from the odd question that he would never answer.

http://imgur.com/a/D4Bqz

I hope you get your stuff back from him.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

clamhost said: Yes that is for the RAID Card that Chris sent using our $120 label. I hope that Fedex will update the weight so we don't have to pay $120. we estimate it to be roughly $16-18.

If you have a FedEx account, they will weight it and make the adjustment as necessary.

• MunMun Member

Today I have decided I was right that ChrisK's offers were too good, and I am glad I stayed away.

Secondly, I have learned I should never buy a Clamhost server.

Third, you both act like babies. Waaa Waaa Waaa

• ChrisKChrisK Member
    edited August 2014

@clamhost said:

Yes we were not going to ship anything else out until we got our SSD back...
    Again, I don't understand how you got to the logic that we want to steal your RAID card, when we have several million dollars worth of assets. I assure you we don't need a several year old RAID card.

We gave you an exceptional price on the dedicated servers you had and have been more than accommodating.

@Mun
    Take this review as you wish, however this would be the first negative review Centarra has had.

• Regarding the label, that was the only label I received and I was told to put the same one on everything.

• @ChrisK said:

If only...

• @Christopher said:

I figured that'd be quoted.. I couldn't resist :)

• @AThomasHowe said:
    Get a lawyer. Get a lawyer. Get a lawyer.

NO. Get a plane ticket and pick up your shit worth only a few hundred dollars yourself if you are going to spend a thousand hours complaining about not getting it. A court case over a RAID card will get you laughed at.

edited August 2014

@jnguyen said:
    NO. Get a plane ticket and pick up your shit worth only a few hundred dollars yourself if you are going to spend a thousand hours complaining about not getting it. A court case over a RAID card will get you laughed at.

It's about a RAID Card, two Supermicro Dual L5410s, and one HP Dual L5520 node, all kitted out with 4X HDD's that are pretty much 3 months old? We spent nearly 2.5k on those nodes, because it was $1200 for the drives from Newegg, around $400 on the additional RAM, and then the cost of the nodes themselves.

Furthermore the argument was not about the RAID Card so much as the tech at Centarra misplaced it, and accidentally sent us Chris' SSD. We had our LA datacenter ship the SSD back to Chris since Centarra has incompetent techs, and then Chris tried to tell us he wanted $50 (now $42) for a RAID Card that HIS tech didn't put in the box with our HDD's.

We're also upset because Chris has been finding any excuse possible to avoid packing the nodes so we can have Fedex pick them up.

That's a small summary of it all, not that you'll care.

-Thomas

• @ChrisK said:

Yes we were not going to ship anything else out until we got our SSD back... Again, I don't understand how you got to the logic that we want to steal your RAID card, when we have several million dollars worth of assets. I assure you we don't need a several year old RAID card.
    <

The logic is simple. Your tech screwed up, and yet you tried to bill us $42 for his incompetence.

This discussion has been closed.