Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another Chris SCAM / AvanteHosting / Centarra Refusal ship of our HW - Page 13
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Another Chris SCAM / AvanteHosting / Centarra Refusal ship of our HW

Comments

• kkrajkkkrajk Member
    edited August 2014

@tr1cky ....Nothing personally against chris. I've read the whole 8 pages... and mind you... tis lengthy and goes round and round... and is tricky enough to put things into perspective to make sense of the situation... Everything aside... It would make chris and his business seem better if he lets go of this issue and settles this thing sooner even if it equals to foregoing the $75 charges he demands atm. Take for instance the ramnode thread which sprung up yesterday (issue was older though)... Nick from ramnode dealt with it diligently and his / brand's reputation soared higher because of the way he handled it, and that too when there was no fault on his side. Holding to ransom, a customer after he / she decides & announces to sever business is shady and sick. AFAIK and have experienced personally, what may happen to someone else can anyday happen to me (you) and, I normally (99% of the time, 1% is those times I decide to take a chance) stay away from such people / businesses. And so do many others who don't want shit on their hands.

Thanked by 1NexHost
  • NexHostNexHost Member
    edited September 2014

We paid ChrisK $45 Today but he wants another $50 for a raid card that he took he got dropped of at fedex. ChrisK is the one who lost our raid card so why should we have to pay his fee twice when it was his fault.

After all it's not our fault his tech forgot to put the raid card with our HDD's a.k.a. hard drives which we had to pay $50 for him to drop off to begin with. another one of ChrisKs scam tactics.

• zafouharzafouhar Veteran
    edited September 2014

@jmckeag12 said:
    We paid ChrisK $45 Today but he wants another $50 for a raid card that he took he got dropped of at fedex. ChrisK is the one who lost our raid card so why should we have to pay his fee twice when it was his fault.

After all it's not our fault his tech forgot to put the raid card with our HDD's a.k.a. hard drives which we had to pay $50 for him to drop off to begin with. another one of ChrisKs scam tactics.

All i have to say is lol - GROW UP and LEARN TO MOVE ON. You either pay and get your hardware or you don't pay and don't get your hardware, i can't see the Scam in this... i don't get why its so difficult to go and get all the hardware yourself's it would have already resolved the situation.

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited September 2014

@zafouhar said:
    All i have to say is lol - GROW UP and LEARN TO MOVE ON. You either pay and get your hardware or you don't pay and don't get your hardware, i can't see the Scam in this...

When he is purposely sending us his Hardware and sending us our stuff back without a raid controller that should have been in the same box in the first place. (As we never asked for it to be taken out of the box) So how is that not scamming us. when is doing it on purpose.

• @jmckeag12 said:
    When he is purposely sending us his Hardware and sending us our stuff back without a raid controller that should have been in the same box in the first place. (As we never asked for it to be taken out of the box) So how is that not scamming us. when is doing it on purpose.

I've never worked with Chris so i don't know how he works but why would he want to waste his time to purposely forget sending things or sending the wrong things to you?

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited September 2014

@zafouhar said:
    I've never worked with Chris so i don't know how he works but why would he want to waste his time to purposely forget sending things or sending the wrong things to you?

Because he is a scammer?

We have lost in total let me show you all some of the money we have lost due to ChrisK and his shady business tactics.

1, Had a VPS Node wiped out loosing a few $100 worth of valuable VPS Clients loss in total = $900 in client compensation $60 each for the data loss.

2, $50 drop of fee + $50 drop of fee = $50 drop off fee

3, Dumping several servers with time left on them

4, Several Refunds due to not enough capacity for orders

5, Shipping cost

$150 in total from fees just for 3 servers. that could have been handled in 1 single fedex pickup. but ChrisK has made it take longer then expected. at the end of the Day we are a Buisness all these fees and loss of money is taking money from our clients pockets. we reinvest 90% of our earnings back into ClamHost and have done since we have opened it.

• @jmckeag12 said:
    Had a VPS Node wiped out loosing a few $100 worth of valuable VPS Clients loss in total = $900 in client compensation $60 each for the data loss.

Was that not the one that was not paid for though?

• hellogoodbye said: Then you can sort your issues out in person or call the local cops on them for theft of your property or whatever you want.

This, but be careful. The other party may intentionally block communication with you to make it seem like you're harassing them. I'd talk to his state PD about the situation and ask them to make a record of it. As a business, it's important to deal with these issues in a professional manner. Phoning the police, and ceasing communication with the offending party would have been advisable after you felt there was no intention of them returning your hardware.

• @alexh said:
    This, but be careful. The other party may intentionally block communication with you to make it seem like you're harassing them. I'd talk to his state PD about the situation and ask them to make a record of it. As a business, it's important to deal with these issues in a professional manner. Phoning the police, and ceasing communication with the offending party would have been advisable after you felt there was no intention of them returning your hardware.

Frankly I don't think they'll ever actually make the physical trip, let alone get the local police department involved. Seems like all they want to do is complain on this forum and make more people lose their patience and sympathy for them in the process.

If you look at Clamhost's replies to everyone suggesting that they go and retrieve their hardware, they only continue to rant more about the money they're losing and how Centarra is a scam company. They're constantly avoiding that option as if it's just not conceivable/possible, but if this hardware is theirs and they are the rightful victims in this situation, there would be no need for evasion.

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited September 2014

@alexh said:

ChrisK is the only one who is harassing us by prank calling our Phones on a daily basis. and let's not forget about the BS fees he is trying to charge us. We are not paying his BS fees we have bills to pay we have paid him the $45 to pack our Hardware and get it ready for fedex to pickup the Hardware today. but that obviously is not going to happen.... As chrisK wants another $50 without us consenting to the charge either. For dropping a raid card off that he robbed from us and was most likely using the RAID Card for the past several months.

Also lets not forget we are dropping services with him that has time left. that is easy more then $100 yet he won't refund us for that. or for the Memory that was missing in a rented server. that we had with Centarra ChrisK only ever returned $20 out of the several months he still owes us for.

As we have already explained the Hardware does not even bother us anymore as we have already re-purchased the same Hardware. as ChrisK has delayed the Hardware from being sent out by sending us his SSD. So we had no other option but to purchase the Hardware that he was refusing to send to us because he sent us his SSD instead of our RAID Card. How does a box that is clearly ours end up with his SSD but not our raid card. and then ChrisK finds the raid card without any explanation of where it was.

Why does everyone on LET think money is free and that it grows on trees. because it certainly does not. as we have already stated also we reinvest most of our money back into Hardware. that is why we own more Hardware then our annual income ratio is. because we have not took anything out but put everything back in.

Why should we cooperate with someone who is stealing our clients money?

• @jmckeag12 said:
    Why should we cooperate with someone who is stealing our clients money?

Why are you moaning about it in a Forum, take the advice given to you and go and get your servers and equipment rather than moaning about it online.

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • NexHostNexHost Member
    edited September 2014

@wych said:
    Why are you moaning about it in a Forum, take the advice given to you and go and get your servers and equipment rather than moaning about it online.

It is not possible for us to pickup the Hardware as we know what ChrisK will do. and that is refuse for the Hardware to be given back to us. we cannot waste any further money on trying to get back this Hardware. as we have already paid ChrisK his $45 to unrack 1 server. but he wants another $50 for a RAID CARD that he stole from us!

We give up ChrisK can keep the Hardware

• @jmckeag12 said:
    It is not possible for us to pickup the Hardware as we know what ChrisK will do. and that is refuse for the Hardware to be given back to us. we cannot waste any further money on trying to get back this Hardware. as we have already paid ChrisK his $45 to unrack 1 server. but he wants another $50 for a RAID CARD that he stole from us!

So go outside his unit and ring the local PD, take a proof of purchase with you.

If not then cast it off as lost hardware and move on.

• wych said: If not then cast it off as lost hardware and move on.

That seems the best thing to do even if we pay ChrisK his other $45 he won't send out the Hardware.

• akzakz Member
    edited September 2014

@jmckeag12 said:
    We give up ChrisK can keep the Hardware

your claiming over $2000 worth of hardware and boast great sales revenue, and yet you cant be bothered to go get $2000 worth of your hardware back or even pay 5% to get it back? Come on now... are you afraid hes gonna beat you up when you show up or something? IF you're that afraid go with mommy and daddy or go with the police.

any further continuation of this post is just trolling and thread should be closed. You were given options by the dc already (dick moves or not) either do it or not, dont continue posting excuses here cause we really dont care.

Thanked by 1TheLinuxBug
  • @akz I think your wasting your breath, they seem to just want to keep updating the thread rather than resolving the issue.

• @wych said:
    akz I think your wasting your breath, they seem to just want to keep updating the thread rather than resolving the issue.

i know but its annoying, at first you sympathize with them but then you just realize they are just plain retarded.

• @akz said:
    i know but its annoying, at first you sympathize with them but then you just realize they are just plain retarded.

OK so you get scammed by a hosting company like we have with Centarra. and you would be mad about it. same as everyone else. Because you all think MONEY GROWS ON TREES WHEN IT DOES NOT.

• we get that there's games been played here but ultimately you can get your hardware back and it makes economic sense to do so. retribution is a totally separate thing which you seem more interested in.

• @jmckeag12 said:
    OK so you get scammed by a hosting company like we have with Centarra. and you would be mad about it. same as everyone else. Because you all think MONEY GROWS ON TREES WHEN IT DOES NOT.

money does indeed not grown on trees, so why arent you going to get your $2000 or does your money grow on trees? Centarra has given you the options forget your shitty $50 raid card pay the deracking fee and packing fee and have it shipped the fuck out. Or have Centarra ship it out with no packing and receive a damaged server upon delivery and watch you open the next thread. Really .. what s wrong with you?

• @ricardo said:
    we get that there's games been played here but ultimately you can get your hardware back and it makes economic sense to do so. retribution is a totally separate thing which you seem more interested in.

No....

We are not playing games ChrisK is playing games such as delaying our Hardware for 2 weeks while he waited for his SSD before he would ship the Hardware. and there is nothing wrong with what ChrisK has done to us ?

• read what I said again, we're a fairly intelligent bunch here.

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited September 2014

@akz said:
    money does indeed not grown on trees, so why arent you going to get your $2000 or does your money grow on trees? Centarra has given you the options forget your shitty $50 raid card pay the deracking fee and packing fee and have it shipped the fuck out. Or have Centarra ship it out with no packing and receive a damaged server upon delivery and watch you open the next thread. Really .. what s wrong with you?

The RAID card was certainly not worth $50 I'd love to get the Adaptec 5805 with BBU for $50 each. as I have stated ChrisK has already played his games with us. and it makes us not trust anything that he is saying to us. Such as before saying all your servers have been packed pay your other $50 fee and we'll get the HW shipped out today. Yet our HP is still racked so again why should we believe that we are even going to get the HW Back after he has messed us about.

http://puu.sh/bimea/2ef1e4deaa.png

• akzakz Member
    edited September 2014

so go down and pick it up yourself? posting your screens isnt gonna do anything, we arent anonymous, are you that retarded?

noone here is saying Centarra isnt dicking you around, im sure alot of people here will stay away from Centarra but your the only one here making a fool out of yourself damaging your companys rep more than Centarra.

Thanked by 1TheLinuxBug
  • tl;dr right there...

your the only one here making a fool out of yourself damaging your companys rep more than Centarra.

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • NexHostNexHost Member
    edited September 2014

@akz said:
    noone here is saying Centarra isnt dicking you around, im sure alot of people here will stay away from Centarra but your the only one here making a fool out of yourself damaging your companys rep more than Centarra.

You are calling me a retard YET none of you can see that ChrisK has stolen our clients MONEY and wasted our MONEY while he has been at it.

I cannot pickup the Hardware as I live in the UK I'm not going to spend more money to get flight tickets to go and pickup $2,000s worth of Hardware. and Thomas cannot pick it up. we are not paying any further money then we have already paid. All ChrisK needs to do now is unrack the HP and have them ready for a Fedex Pickup. we have the shipping label and have paid him his $45 pack the Hardware. we are not paying him $50 for something that we did not authorize. he should be dropping that fee as he was the one who lost our RAID Controllrer. and was using it for several months;

You all go on about that we won't pay out any money or what ever. But please explain how it is possible when he has made us fork more money while he made us wait 2 weeks to get his SSD BACK.

• jmckeag12 said: ChrisK is the only one who is harassing us by prank calling our Phones on a daily basis. and let's not forget about the BS fees he is trying to charge us. We are not paying his BS fees we have bills to pay we have paid him the $45 to pack our Hardware and get it ready for fedex to pickup the Hardware today. but that obviously is not going to happen.... As chrisK wants another $50 without us consenting to the charge either. For dropping a raid card off that he robbed from us and was most likely using the RAID Card for the past several months.

Like I said, you should have contacted local authorities at the time in which you felt he was harassing you or as previously mentioned wouldn't return your property. The thing I was implying was that if you wait too long, and don't contact PD, they're going to look at it as a "he said, she said."

Based on Chris' assertions, you seem to have a very short fuse. My post was actually sympathizing towards you, and you basically attacked me. I've provided the best, and in this case, only path for you to take in my opinion. Perhaps it's time to take a step back from the whole PR thing and maybe work on another aspect of your business.

• Just pay him the fucking fifty bucks and be done with it already.

• @jmckeag12 said:

LOL you just ignored the entire point of the post. Ok then accept the loss, guess youll have to grow another $2000 worth of USD.

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited September 2014

@MrObvious said:
    Just pay him the fucking fifty bucks and be done with it already.

What pay him his $50 fee that he forced upon us when he took our RAID CARD out of the Box containing other parts. I'm sorry but certainly not. It's like Today he has packed 2 servers ready but not our HP. Tomorrow he'll most likely say he wants another $45 to unrack the HP and pack it. why can no one see what ChrisK is trying to do.

This discussion has been closed.