Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another Chris SCAM / AvanteHosting / Centarra Refusal ship of our HW - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Another Chris SCAM / AvanteHosting / Centarra Refusal ship of our HW

Comments

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited August 2014

clamhost said: Fedex doesn't charge $25 to pickup the servers. I was quoted I believe $3 to pickup the nodes. We paid for the shipping labels weeks ago for the servers. It was around $40 per node.

.... FEDEX CHARGES TO PACK YOUR ITEMS .... idk how I can make this more clear to you. I never said anything about fedex picking up your items. The datacenter can not be expected to PACK your items for free, you should at least be paying $75 JUST for them to pack your servers.

• @Corey said:
    Chances are they threw those boxes away. Fedex would charge you about $25 per server at least to pack them. YES - other data centers DO charge money to derack and pack your items - quit being cheap and just pay it.

It's not about the Fee it's about him changing the price we have conversed about this several times with Chris and he will never respond with a Straight response. this ain't about us it is about ChrisK and attempting to scam people with shady Business practices.

• clamhost said: It's not about the Fee it's about him changing the price we have conversed about this several times with Chris and he will never respond with a Straight response. this ain't about us it is about ChrisK and attempting to scam people with shady Business practices.

You are arguing with him in the transcripts you provided that EVERYONE deracks and packs servers for free. Just pay the $75 so he can derack and pack your servers.

• tomsfarmtomsfarm Member
    edited August 2014

@Corey said:
    You are arguing with him in the transcripts you provided that EVERYONE deracks and packs servers for free. Just pay the $75 so he can derack and pack your servers.

There is only 1 server that is racked and we are not paying $75 to him after he has scammed us on our Renewals at one point what are you not getting here. Why should we pay this scam artist any money for him Just to say in 2 days that he wants more funds. $75 to unrack 1 server and then a further $50 just to allow for a pickup to happen..

• Since you are in the same country, just go and pickup the stuff yourself? As a bonus you can kick his ass if he doesn't cooperate.

• clamhost said: There is only 1 server that is racked and we are not paying $75 to him after he has scammed us on our Renewals at one point what are you not getting here. Why should we pay this scam artist any money for him Just to say in 2 days that he wants more funds. $75 to unrack 1 server and then a further $50 just to allow for a pickup to happen..

I thought you had multiple servers there. Quit your bitching and get a lawyer if you aren't going to pay and think that you are right. Let the court decide.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Was 'dere really any point on starting a second thread on this?

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • clamhost said: e are not paying $75 to him after he has scammed us on our Renewals at one point what are you not getting here

Can you then please stop wasting everyone's time with your nonsensical babble then?

Absolutely nobody in this industry works for free, deracking is, as pointed out by hordes of other members to you, universally something DCs charge for.

You're also expected to pay for the boxes or ship them in, or get your shipping company to perform the packing.

Whether you want to pay them any money or not doesn't change any of it, but I dare say that you're very unlikely to get your hardware back without paying that fee.

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited January 2017

clamhost said: Look everyone now Chris wants $75 not $50, just to derack the servers.:

http://pastebin.com/hVzgLMWY

He wants me to drive 5 hours to Dallas, to pickup servers, when he could just put the servers in the cardboard boxes we shipped them to Centarra in, slap the labels I sent him, and I'd get Fedex to pickup the servers. Fedex charges $3! Chris charges whatever he wants. As he said it's a case by case basis. In other words since he dislikes Dave and I we need to pay more. Very unprofessional of Centarra.

Now Chris wants $75 just to derack them.

Buyer beware: Centarra will try to charge you anything they can if you decide to cancel.

Also why did you say there is only one server but earlier you said 'servers' and Chris also said 3 servers in that pastebin?

[12:48:01 PM] Chris K: otherwise fedex can pickup the servers
    [12:48:08 PM] Chris K: w/o a box
    [12:48:14 PM] Chris K: idk if that's possible
    [12:48:21 PM] Chris K: but if it is sure
    [12:48:34 PM] ClamHost_Thomas: Look I understand if you want ClamHost to have Fedex pickup the servers, but you cannot seriously tell me you want $50 to derack 1 server and pack it.
    [12:48:40 PM] ClamHost_Thomas: The 2X Dual L5410 Supermicro's
    [12:48:42 PM | Edited 12:48:46 PM] ClamHost_Thomas: aren't even racked.
    [12:48:47 PM] Chris K: they are
    [12:48:47 PM] Chris K: actually
    [12:48:50 PM] Chris K: we just left them
    [12:48:52 PM] Chris K: $75 total
    [12:48:53 PM] Chris K: for all 3
    [12:49:10 PM] ClamHost_Thomas: I'll arrange for a lawyer to contact you then.
    [12:49:14 PM] Chris K: sure
    [12:49:26 PM] Chris K: can't wait
    [12:49:35 PM] ClamHost_Thomas: Your unjust and illegal fees are not going to be paid. I can't believe you want ransom money for 3 Dedicated servers.
    [12:49:48 PM] Chris K: you
    [12:49:50 PM] Chris K: are paying
    [12:49:51 PM] Chris K: for remote hands
    [12:49:55 PM] Chris K: i said
    [12:49:56 PM] Chris K: either
    [12:50:00 PM] Chris K: come pick it up personally
    [12:50:04 PM | Edited 12:50:11 PM] Chris K: or u need to pay for fedex
    [12:50:30 PM] ClamHost_Thomas: Remote hands? No legit datacenter has ever charged remote hands for someone to derack some servers, pack them, and put them in a closet till Fedex arrives to pick up the boxes.
    [12:50:42 PM] ClamHost_Thomas: That is a fact.
    [12:50:57 PM] ClamHost_Thomas: All I've ever asked you is to pack the servers, and have them ready for Fedex.
    [12:51:06 PM] ClamHost_Thomas: I shouldn't need to pay $75 for you to do that.
    [12:52:39 PM] ClamHost_Thomas: Well no response?

You say it's not about the money but in this paste YOU pasted it obviously is. You are telling him to pack the servers FOR FREE

• akzakz Member
    edited August 2014

@clamhost said:
    Chris and his friends cussing at us after telling us to IRC.

http://pastebin.com/2r5USdE8

lol all this time and money wasted probably equals more than your hardware is worth. If you really wanted your stuff back just pay and consider it a life lesson and move on. But you seem to like to ignore the facts other people have told you there is a deracking fee but you continually choose to ignore and then blame others for "bullying" you that chat log does you no justice.

edited August 2014

@Corey said:

Again it's not about money we'll have his money but we are here to let people know how long he has taken to proceed on any of this. Why today just turn around say after 15 days we want $75. If he had said this 15 days ago would be here now NO.

You don't understand the whole story here and if you did know the whole story your words would be completely different.

Same as now he has robbed a raid controller from us but provides no proof that he still has it apparently he had someone drop it off at fedex and still won't provide any proof.

http://pastebin.com/H6iM1Xm6

• SadySady Member

Mostly colocators charge for racking as well as un-racking unless it is included in your deal.

I had a L5420 on rent to own basis with Dacentec & they charged $50 for unracking & $20 for boxing, just pay $75 to him & get your servers. It makes no sense to leave your hardwares worth ~2-3K for $75 while he also deserve that.

• Come at this another way - @Clamhost - what is your kit worth? If its worth more than the $75 then just pay it and move on.

Whenever you have a colocation agreement then have to have a contract, so its clear this is the monthly fee, this is the setup fee and this is the removal fee.

Next time you colo - ask the question - what will it cost to rack, what will it cost each month and what will it cost to derack and ship back to me. If you had this agreed upfront then you would just forward that email now and say this was the agreement.

If nothing was agreed then he can charge what he likes.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • Ask him if there's a removal fee for that.

edited August 2014

@MarkTurner said:
    Come at this another way - Clamhost - what is your kit worth? If its worth more than the $75 then just pay it and move on.

$3,700 total value of everything that he has Including the RAID card has he has robbed from us, and still is denying it and states that he dropped the raid card to fedex with no indication on any shipping tracking information either.

Whenever you have a colocation agreement then have to have a contract, so its clear this is the monthly fee, this is the setup fee and this is the removal fee.

To be honest with how long Centarra take to hookup a iKVM or even issue a reboot. You are looking at anywhere from 24 hours up to 2 weeks at most. I have ticket proof of this if anyone wants to dig through our tickets and see what they are actually like.

Next time you colo - ask the question - what will it cost to rack, what will it cost each month and what will it cost to derack and ship back to me. If you had this agreed upfront then you would just forward that email now and say this was the agreement.

Yes we agree with the above such as our new Provider charges us $80hr for remote hands, so we know how much the fees are with them, with Chris there is no stated fee either. As far as we was aware all remote hands are completely free. As this is what a ex employee had told us (kaniini). But my guess is going rate for remote hands in the facility he is in $250hr but he has Justin who is apparently his day time tech. So the cost would be lower if he would use Justin.

• ChrisKChrisK Member
    edited January 2017

@ricardo said:

Quite humorous:

"
    [2014-08-28, 1:50:12 PM] Jordan McKeag: where

[2014-08-28, 1:50:16 PM] Jordan McKeag: is the raid card shipping proof?

[2014-08-28, 1:50:27 PM] Jordan McKeag: Or have you fucking ate it

[2014-08-28, 1:50:48 PM] Chris K: LOL

[2014-08-28, 1:51:12 PM] Jordan McKeag: So

[2014-08-28, 1:51:14 PM] Jordan McKeag: where is the proof?

[2014-08-28, 1:51:20 PM] Jordan McKeag: is my raid CARD

you peice of shit" (Still Mr Mckeag, just doesn't show his name unsure why)

You know, maybe if you checked the tracking number maybe you would see it was dropped off YESTERDAY.

• @ChrisK said:

Funny how you altered the name of the Skype MSG.

I can understand that someone would loose their frustration with you. Especially after the time it has taken you to do anything.

• ChrisK said: You know, maybe if you checked the tracking number maybe you would see it was dropped off YESTERDAY.

What tracking number are you talking about you have gave us no tracking number. Unless you used our $120 label that was for 3 servers to ship our RAID Card out.

• clamhost said: What tracking number are you talking about you have gave us no tracking number. Unless you used our $120 label that was for 3 servers to ship our RAID Card out.

That would be a disaster.

• @Corey said:

Whenever he shipped our HDD's (in the last thread), he accidentally included one of his SSD's. So we sent it back, and he received it yesterday.

Our RAID card, which he agreed to ship since he accidentally got it mixed up with that SSD, was shipped using our $120 shipping label meant for 3X nodes! He admitted it via Skype.

Words cannot describe how pissed I am.

edited August 2014

@Corey said:

He said he would cover the shipping costs of the RAID card as we had pay $8.50 to ship his SSD he sent us.

But he lied.

http://pastebin.com/r11mWrBt

• PwnerPwner Member
    edited August 2014

I can't be the only one that's thinking this.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Jesus... that is a disaster... dont see how a raid card would cost significantly more to ship than an ssd either.... They are about the same size and weight...

• RalliasRallias Member
    edited August 2014

sigh What did I just read?

Oh right... ad hominem attacks against unrelated parties... makes me wonder what @clamhost is hiding.

Also, for the record, oral is real in all states.

• It seems to me that Chris is actually pissed and is messing with you a bit. Drive down and get your servers. After you have your servers, if you are absolute sure that he is at fault, then collect, organize your evidences and sue.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • wychwych Member

What's the issue with a five hour drive you could have nearly made it in the time you have been responding in the thread.

Thanked by 1derp
  • Help me with something Jordan McKeag and Clamhost - whats the relationship? Jordan McKeag has a graveyard of dead companies and also believe he is a minor out of the UK.

If he is a minor then he can't enter into contract anyway, so Centarra should be dealing with his parents only.

• edited August 2014

5hr drive that is it, dam i would have been there the next day. If he didnt want to give up the hardware then i would have called the police to file a compliant.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @MarkTurner said:
    Help me with something Jordan McKeag and Clamhost - whats the relationship? Jordan McKeag has a graveyard of dead companies and also believe he is a minor out of the UK.

If he is a minor then he can't enter into contract anyway, so Centarra should be dealing with his parents only.

Dave is 20, and regardless there is no contract with Centarra. Never was or will be.

• @wych said:
    What's the issue with a five hour drive you could have nearly made it in the time you have been responding in the thread.

If I got quoted $120 for a label I'd drive down myself and fetch them, it'd work out cheaper in petrol there and back than that label is ever worth phah, point you have there though I guess

This discussion has been closed.