Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another Chris SCAM / AvanteHosting / Centarra Refusal ship of our HW - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Another Chris SCAM / AvanteHosting / Centarra Refusal ship of our HW

Comments

• FWIW I think someone needs to spend more time figuring out where to put full stops in their sentences, surely that's the main issue here.

• tomsfarmtomsfarm Member
    edited August 2014

@kaniini said:
    It doesn't matter if it is cheaper or not. Your company is clearly not in the fiscal position to be making long haul commitments, given that you had to have virtually a kickstarter campaign amongst your customers.

I don't see what is wrong with our incomings?

Our Business is profitable enough that we can renew at least a couple of times a month. Funds will be there to prepay several months into the future in a week or so. There is nothing wrong with our Business Model or our Financial situation. same as our Policy of reinvesting more then we take out.

• So then you made it appear that you were unable to fund the migration yourself? Yeah, something sounds scammy here.

• ricardo said: FWIW I think someone needs to spend more time figuring out where to put full stops in their sentences, surely that's the main issue here.

obviously not.

• tomsfarmtomsfarm Member
    edited August 2014

@kaniini said:
    So then you made it appear that you were unable to fund the migration yourself? Yeah, something sounds scammy here.

How does it make us scammers that we asked for the support of our client base. so that we could move everything from Centarra to our new Platform in such a short period of time. I'm not even going to discuss this further as it is pointless. ClamHost provides the service to every client pays for without any problem. we are certainly not scammers.

The migration that we have just completed recently involved purchasing into Additional Hardware so we could migrate all our client base into our cabinet space. it is not a easy task especially when we had to buy into 2 Additional VPS Nodes.

William please stop taking the attention away from ChrisK and his bad service.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Thanked by 2orak Admiral_Awesome
  • ^^ that is just plain disgusting.

• @clamhost said:
    William please stop taking the attention away from ChrisK and his bad service.

Who is/are BlastVM by the way?

• @Jar said:
    At 14?

To be fair, my older sister changed her name at a younger age than this... the first time. OTOH, this is Australia, and legal names are fluid as hell here.

Thanked by 1jar
  • Good evening ,

I think it's my turn to have my 2 cents as everyone seems to be having theirs.

I have been a client of both Clam Host and Centarra so my opinion is not bias.
    I give everyone a chance at impressing me so these are my opinions.

My Review On Clam Host:
    " Dave Jones " was easy to contact via Skype, live chat and support tickets. Unfortunately the way that he acted when I asked for reimbursement for the downtime that I had received really turned me off. He acted in such a way I thought I was back in school fighting with one of the freshmen. Secondly he had a know it all attitude, It's great for someone in this industry to know about their product, but to enforce it on a client and to try and prove the client wrong all the time won't get you far in this industry. The hosting industry is flooded with providers so your best bet is to befriend your clients. Thirdly is the attitude, The attitude that is presented towards me was horrific. I was a client for a month with Clam Host and I will never return.

My Review On Centarra:
    I have had no issues with Chris, He has done nothing but help me and to expand my business. Cheap Services, Exceptional support. Unfortunately at one stage I had to leave Centarra because they couldn't deliver on my expectations. I now have continued my services with Centarra and have not had any issues.

Unfortunately this industry isn't stable and one should not come onto a public chat forum and bring down another company when the issue at large hasn't been resolved privately. From what I can see Chris is doing everything he can to try and resolve the issue.

I can understand your frustration, If I was in your situation with clients waiting I would be rather upset too.

So please think twice before posting on a forum, Because this isn't giving your company a positive view and please stop with the emails publicizing and bringing shame upon someone with out any real evidence what so ever. What your doing is defamation of character.
    Rant Over!

Thanked by 2orak Mark_R
  • MunMun Member

• wychwych Member
    edited August 2014

So please think twice before posting on a forum, Because this isn't giving your company a positive view and please stop with the emails publicizing and bringing shame upon someone with out any real evidence what so ever. What your doing is defamation of character. Rant Over!

I think thats the most mature thing anyone in this thread has said.

Thanked by 1orak
  • MunMun Member

@wych said:
    I think thats the most mature thing anyone in this thread has said.

BUT BUT POPCORN!

Thanked by 1orak
  • wychwych Member
    edited August 2014

Popcorn mountain!

• akzakz Member

@clamhost said:
    Our Business is profitable enough that we can renew at least a couple of times a month.

so why are you passing on the buck to your customers? The cost of doing business is your cost and your cost alone to bare, not the customers.

• @akz said:
    so why are you passing on the buck to your customers? The cost of doing business is your cost and your cost alone to bare, not the customers.

Generation Z: "It's not my fault", "It's not fair" and "I deserve this".

Thanked by 3netomx jar geekalot
  • Lets not all take pity on ChrisK, he has posted my drivers license on imgur before and said he was going to post it to 4chan among other places. Hopefully Chris gets a huge kick in the ass one day as a wakeup call

• Am I the only one here who doesn't care about his personal information (with the exception of like my SSID, bank info, stuff like that) leaked? Like, see all the pictures of me you want, I don't care.

• GVH_Jon said: Am I the only one here who doesn't care about his personal information

Once you are a big boy and realize that there are mean people online you definitely do not want your personal info leaked to tons of people you have never met or heard of before and possibly put your family at risk.

• I'm sorry @Spencer but at this rate when I'm a big boy I'm going to have bodyguards that are like giant seas of humanity that are going to kick ass, so your argument is invalid.

/ ego reasoning

• `> @Spencer said:

Lets not all take pity on ChrisK, he has posted my drivers license on imgur before and said he was going to post it to 4chan among other places. Hopefully Chris gets a huge kick in the ass one day as a wakeup call

Lol I never posted it, are you still upset at something that I said 2 years ago?

• @GVH_Jon said:
    Am I the only one here who doesn't care about his personal information (with the exception of like my SSID, bank info, stuff like that) leaked? Like, see all the pictures of me you want, I don't care.

This is you, right?

https://vpsboard.com/topic/4709-greenvaluehost-lies-lies-lies-indians-aliases-kids-excuses-and-cheats/?hl=greenvaluehost

Thanked by 2TarZZ92 orak
  • Sure, that was me in early 2014 in Manchester NH at the Raddison hotel, attending a conference and posing with my award after the awards ceremony. I have more pictures from that place if you want to see?

• That picture was on our local newspaper. Not one of the best pictures and I didn't know they'd publish that one.

• you carnt be any older than 14/15 in that pic. and yet you run a "business"

• nexmarknexmark Member
    edited August 2014

@TarZZ92 said:
    you carnt be any older than 14/15 in that pic. and yet you run a "business"

Why does the community hate growth?
    The Most Important Entrepreneurial Skills Not Taught In Business School Even School

So What, He's 14-15.. If you're a father what's your kid doing at 14-15, @GVH_Jon
    Be proud of yourself, Stick it up to these guys

We're talking about this http://www.retireat21.com/blog/top-20-young-internet-entrepreneurs-under-21

Most of you aren't realizing these batch of kids are smart, born technology ready.

• alexhalexh Member
    edited August 2014

nexmark said: Why does the community hate growth? The Most Important Entrepreneurial Skills Not Taught In Business School Even School

So What, He's 14-15.. If you're a father what's your kid doing at 14-15, @GHV_jon Be proud of yourself, Stick it up to these guys

I don't care, they're not qualified. It's simple as that. Garbage men don't just get jobs as doctors one day.

Myself and colleagues have invested 4+ years into post-secondary education. I'll probably spend another 3 years in school. I love education, and I love learning more; Until I know everything possible, I won't quit. Why should somebody who invests little into their career have the exact same job?

• @alexh said:
    Myself and colleagues have invested 4+ years into post-secondary education. I'll probably spend another 3 years in school. I love education, and I love learning more; Until I know everything possible, I won't quit. Why should somebody who invests little into their career have the exact same job?

Just my opinion, No need to put someone down for it.

• alexh said: I don't care, they're not qualified

To be fair Jon's job isn't exactly difficult. You rent a server, pay some indians to administrate it for you, pay some indians to do the support for you and you are pretty much done. Income/expense calculations are probably also fairly simple.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2014

@alexh said:

Only thing I don't agree with here is you will never know everything - the more you know the more you realize you can't know everything, I believe that's how the saying goes. Personally, I didn't go the college route, but hey it's not for everyone. Have you noticed there are very few kiddie hosts that do a good job, it's easy to understand why. Sure "adults" can be scammers or spammers too but it's less likely. While I can only speak for myself, being done with school last year and working a real job full time (part time starting this week) and basically starting over my business, it's already going a lot better.

Do I wish I hadn't acted like a total idiot for a few years? Yeah, because I now have a horrible reputation, which will haunt me and my company for a long time. But with hard work, a mature presence in forums and with customers, I can prove that I've grown up.

Mainly I feel sorry for all the customers that had a poor experience with my brands in the past. It's not fair to them. But that's a past and for me I guess that was a neccessary learning experience.

Damn, that turned out long, sorry about that.

Thanked by 2netomx ztec
This discussion has been closed.