Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another Chris SCAM / AvanteHosting / Centarra Refusal ship of our HW - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Another Chris SCAM / AvanteHosting / Centarra Refusal ship of our HW

Comments

• This thread is so many levels of trainwreck, ...time for popcorn.

lololol

• tomsfarmtomsfarm Member
    edited August 2014

@ChrisK said:
    Dave,

I have spent all day talking with you and Thomas, trying to work with you, and trying to come to a resolution. I informed you over a day ago we would look for the RAID card on Monday, and we left it at that.

Yes but then you terminated out one of our VPS Nodes. when you knew that we would of paid you for it. Every single time we bought a server from you Chris we prepaid and we actually did spend a decent amount of money with you overall. How ever you seem to see a wrong side to me that is not me at all. Plus we even prepaid the colo (HP) for a few months.

• I don't really understand why or how the personal images of ChrisK demonstrates that clamhost was 'scammed' here. Seems kinda odd. I would have certainly excluded those from the dump of files published.

Thanked by 1Spencer
  • Why didn't you prepay for another month for this server before it expired then?

• @rds100 said:
    Why didn't you prepay for another month for this server before it expired then?

Because we are no longer keeping that server.
    I told him a few days ago as he never answers tickets and mostly closes them.. So he was aware of it via Skype and told me that it would be $30 to extend it. and I said I'd let you know. so I woke up at 2AM and it was terminated.

That is besides the point he still terminated the server at the first chance he could get.

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited August 2014

So you told him "i don't want this server anymore, but if i want it - i'll tell you and pay $30 more for it". Then you neither told nor paid that $30, and are now complaining that he terminated the server?

Looking from distance it looks like he is working with you and trying to do whatever you ask him to do. And you just can't make up your mind and are acting childish all the time.

• Dave,

You did not choose to extend/renew the server so it was terminated.

• But for all he knows you might have said "I'll let you know" to deliberately stall for time and then, a day or two past deadline, say "You know what, I don't want it after all and I won't pay the $30 to extend it".

edited August 2014

@ChrisK said:
    Dave,

You did not choose to extend/renew the server so it was terminated.

You still terminated it at the first opportunity that you could.

Our PayPal is [email protected] if you want to refund us for our raid card.

• For some reason there is an accusation that Centarra 'stole' a raid card. I am not sure why Centarra would need to steal a 5 year old raid card when there's a bin full of brand new raid cards of higher quality (at least there was when I worked there).

edited August 2014

@kaniini said:
    For some reason there is an accusation that Centarra 'stole' a raid card. I am not sure why Centarra would need to steal a 5 year old raid card when there's a bin full of brand new raid cards of higher quality (at least there was when I worked there).

Adaptec 5805 is a good raid for the age.

The value is still fairly high for the age of the card.
    Regardless of the fact of the age of the card or what Centarra is not relative. so as I said previously he owes us a refund for the RAID.

• ChrisKChrisK Member
    edited August 2014

Dave,

As discussed previously I will be looking absolutely everywhere I can tomorrow for your RAID card.

edited August 2014

@ChrisK said:
    Dave,

As discussed previously I will be looking absolutely everywhere I can tomorrow for your RAID card.

ChrisK gave out a person phone number or it is ChrisK continuously prank calling it.

You will be getting a bill from us for a Number change

• @clamhost said:
    ChrisK gave out my telephone number or is continuously calling it.

Does that mean that you are also Jordan McKeag, Thomas?

• @kaniini said:
    Does that mean that you are also Jordan McKeag, Thomas?

How is that even relative?

I ask that people from Centarra do not prank call me.

• @clamhost said:
    I ask that people from Centarra do not prank call me.

More insane accusations, its probably from the other group of people you were in contact with.

• MunMun Member

LOL My new favorite just for you!

• MunMun Member

@ChrisK said:
    http://chrisk.cc/l/hfLyf.png
    Interesting...

Huh my new image applies in multiple ways!!! XD

• This is getting way too personal

• To add to the drama, Clamhost blames the outage on us: This was an email sent to their clients
    http://pastie.org/private/3cqquvqsnmzsu40ahbsbg

• This was mentioned on the IRC channels: http://pastebin.com/jndRmvPk

Due to the costs of moving from Dallas to Los Angles (shipping costs and additional hardware costs), we are asking if customers could pay their invoices earlier then normal (basically prepay).

Wow.

edited August 2014

@kaniini said:
    This was mentioned on the IRC channels: http://pastebin.com/jndRmvPk

Wow.

That was nearly 2 weeks ago or more.
    And shipping cost(s) are expensive Including buying into Additional Space while prepaying for the other space in Dallas. how ever we are fully operational with our new Provider and have prepaid for several months ahead with them. So what seems to be the problem William?

• There's no problem, I just wouldn't run a business in this way.

edited August 2014

@kaniini said:
    There's no problem, I just wouldn't run a business in this way.

Everyone will run their business in a specific way.

You try buying into a 36 month contract while having active servers that are housing your clients in another Location. and having to Buy the same capacity 2x over it is not cheap. ClamHost was not forcing them clients to renew. we was just asking them to help us out so we could cover the expansion. ClamHost has been running for more then a year and will continue to run.

• @clamhost said:
    You try buying into a 36 month contract while having active servers that are housing your clients in another Location. and having to Buy the same capacity 2x over it is not cheap. ClamHost was not forcing them clients to renew. we was just asking them to help us out so we could cover the expansion. ClamHost has been running for more then a year and will continue to run.

A hosting company which needs to make these types of requests in order to meet expansion goals is not fiscally healthy.

You should not be committing to a 36 month contract on anything unless you are 100% certain that you'll be happy in a facility for 36 months. That's bloody insane.

edited August 2014

@Jack said:
    You aren't very smart are you...

So you are claiming that I'm not smart.
    Just because we are migrating our clients?

@kaniini said:
    You should not be committing to a 36 month contract on anything unless you are 100% certain that you'll be happy in a facility for 36 months. That's bloody insane.

How so?

Our costs are far lower then what they was before. so how is that insane. That is protecting the cabinet space that we are in from being bought into by another client. Plus our costs are minimal now. $249 for 36 months on our cabinet space. Then DDoS Mitigation and our IPv4 Subnets. it works out cheaper then what we was paying Centarra.

• It doesn't matter if it is cheaper or not. Your company is clearly not in the fiscal position to be making long haul commitments, given that you had to have virtually a kickstarter campaign amongst your customers.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
This discussion has been closed.