Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another Chris SCAM / AvanteHosting / Centarra Refusal ship of our HW - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Another Chris SCAM / AvanteHosting / Centarra Refusal ship of our HW

Comments

• Yes, I would like to keep everything in the ticket opposed to skype where the messages can be deleted as exhibited:

[2014-08-01, 8:56:09 PM] Dave Jones: This message has been removed.

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Rallias said:
    This entire dispute summed up on the last line of yours in that scrot.

No sir I would have to agree that things should be handled in tickets so that they can be documented within one's own infrastructure rather than reliant on the logging of a 3rd party free service.

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • tomsfarmtomsfarm Member
    edited August 2014

@ChrisK said:
    [2014-08-01, 8:56:09 PM] Dave Jones: This message has been removed.

As long as the servers and accessories get packed and we can get FedEx to pick them up I'm happy. Before it seemed like the hardware wasn't going anywhere, so I'm happy we make some progress on this.

• Finally. We're past the mudslinging. Can we be friends now?

• ChrisK said: Dave Jones (real name Jordan McKeag

Jordan mckeag at it again? am guessing Clamhost is really Daniel mckeag then?

Both scammers.

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited August 2014

kaniini said: Jordan McKeag. Hmm.

I think that was his brothers account.

Edit; Hello Jordan @jmckeag12

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited August 2014

@TarZZ92 said:
    Edit; Hello Jordan jmckeag12

I have been a Business Partner with Thomas Lopez for nearly a year. I honestly don't think that people can still use it against me. as I was 13 years old at the time.

Since then my grammar has improved dramatically. and my technical skills have also enhanced over the past 7 years of being in the Hosting Industry. never has any of my ventures been to scam people. Most have just ended up going down the drain.

How ever ClamHost is a exception. as since Joining up with Thomas I have helped him gain customers and manage his Infrastructure for him. Including my work as a Freelance Server Admin.

I'm 20 years old now with a good knowledge in what I do.

edited August 2014

jmckeag12 said: I have been a Business Partner with Thomas Lopez for nearly a year.

So you started a year ago...

jmckeag12 said: I was 13 years old at the time.

And...

jmckeag12 said: the past 7 years of being in the Hosting Industry

Holy shit guys, we have a God among us! Anyone starting in the industry at 6 years old is someone I will take a bow to.

• jmckeag12 said: How ever ClamHost is a exception. as since Joining up with Thomas I have helped him gain customers and manage his Infrastructure for him. Including my work as a Freelance Server Admin.

So why use a fake name? "Dave Jones"

• @TarZZ92 said:

Legally changed my name.

• jmckeag12 said: Legally changed my name.

hahahahahahah okay.

@TarZZ92 said:

At 14?

edited August 2014

@Jar said:
    Holy shit guys, we have a God among us! Anyone starting in the industry at 6 years old is someone I will take a bow to.

You misread. Dave owned sameer hosting when he was around 13 years old. Now he's twenty.

Not too hard to do the math....anyway I knew Dave's background when I asked him to partner up with me. I've never been much if a techy so I struggled to do VPS hosting.

Before Dave became my business partner I did shared hosting mostly.

• @ChrisK said:
    We have no way of weighing the items unfortunately, you usually put down a guess weight and when it hits their depot they weigh the package and update the tracking and once they have a correct weight its billed to your FedEx account.

As I was reading tickets I also stumbled upon when Dave asked us if one of the servers you sent us "smelled like ass". Going back to my main point we've been more than accommodating.

@kaniini said:
    Actually it is usually due to damaged components, not dampness / mold.

What the hell? This is a normal thing for servers to smell bad?

• kaniini said: (do note that I do not work for Centarra for many months, and my opinions are my own here.)

Where did you go?

• Hmm, planning to watch House of Cards season 2 today. But this thread also seems to be interesting.

• No spoilers, but, I can't wait for season 3.

Thanked by 1jar
  • Reality Show

• @Exelion said:
    No spoilers, but, I can't wait for season 3.

cant wait to see what mr president has up his sleeves this time

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

haha fun thread, clearly one of those things that would have been sorted in under 5 minutes if everyone was in the same room.... oh internet.... you crazy beast!

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

:D
    This thread got me a good laugh :D.

• @concerto49 said:
    Where did you go?

I pursued other, considerably more lucrative and technically interesting opportunities outside the hosting industry.

• @hostnoob said:
    What the hell? This is a normal thing for servers to smell bad?

It sometimes happens. I wouldn't say it's "normal", but sometimes servers get damaged, either in shipment or due to being stored in a bad way. The bad smell is usually from either scorched ICs or electrolyte leakage from capacitors on the PCBs (i.e. motherboard, riser/expansion cards, so on).

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • kaniini said: pursued other, considerably more lucrative and technically interesting opportunities outside the hosting industry.

All the best! As long as you get to do what you enjoy.

edited August 2014

Still not fully resolved.

Got some of our items back.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

I thought this was solved by now?

edited August 2014

@Fliphost said:
    I thought this was solved by now?

No ChrisK has lost some of our Hardware.

• wychwych Member
    edited August 2014

@clamhost said:
    And this is unacceptable.

So file a police report/sue?

edited August 2014

@wych said:
    So file a police report?

You are mixing up a civil issue with a legal issue :)

http://pastebin.com/cXXFLDWg
    Is all the shipping information for the missing items.

This discussion has been closed.