Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS6 website down? - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS6 website down?

Comments

• @jarland - The sad thing is... the majority of the skepticism against VPS6 stems from practically all of the presented 'evidence' being ignored, disregarded, or skated around. If you look back to earlier posts, you can clearly see where simple questions were given very generic answers that had nothing to do with the material in question.

If even the courtesy of direct answers had been given from the start, this would likely still be a one-man crusade, though far fewer people would be listening.

• @quirkyquark I say IP to say it change. I not want you have problems. I not say more IP.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited June 2012

@Aldryic I agree, and I still don't have an opinion on who he is, because the evidence has been explained with a plausible story, but that just means there is no definite answer. I've emailed ServerGurus directly, I would think they would be interested in commenting if someone claims to work for them that doesn't. No response today. Regardless, someone is being very childish. If he puts a hat on that says "I'm Dan Fry" he still doesn't deserve a DDOS. If you've been scammed, there are ways to deal with it other than revenge.

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited June 2012

@jarland said: @taipres WHMCS does not follow a strict protocol for changing the name, do they? Business is registered to Alchymic, but those records aren't guaranteed to be up to date. As I've said, my business doesn't exist according to WV website and it's been a year.

According to the hacked DB it was transferred not simply changed, address, state, phone number, obviously name are all different, and I bet so are CC # which hopefully that wasn't leaked as well. Personally, I couldn't handle this budget end vps market in a business sense, because i'd be suing people left and right, probably at a net loss, but i'd do it anyway.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited June 2012

It's somehow hilarious how @vps6net try to make from @concernednetizen ddos kid just because he posted IP (well, this wasn't necessary, but he did it anyway) something what more than few people here would be able to do.
    So far @concernednetizen proved every his accusation and we have no reason to doubt in his words when he said that he have no resources no skills to ddos you. While I understand that attack seems the best defence sometimes and you use it this moment with false claims, accusing someone of attacking your servers just because he revealed your shady past doesn't make him by defaul attacker.

• @Spirit IP mistake. I no post more IP. But I no DDOS anyone, I have 256k adsl not possible DDOS.

• shunnyshunny Member

At this point I find @concernednetizens just a pathetic stalker, this post is getting ridiculous and hopefully VPS6.net can quickly reclaim their services.

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited June 2012

@Spirit said: So far @concernednetizen proved every accusation and we have no reason to doubt in his words when he said that he have no resources no skills to ddos you. While I understand that attack seems the best defence sometimes and you use thit shis moment with false claims, accusing someone of attacking your servers just because he revealed your shady past doesn't make him by defaul attacker.

He's illegal posted private company info, that confirmed Jeremy != Don but that didn't stop people him or aldyric from continuing to propagate the lie that they're one in the same. concernednetizen continues to threaten VPS6 saying he'll post how bad they are everywhere, how he'll ruin them and I don't think there's any coincidence as soon as he posts a VPS6 IP it gets flooded.... Make no mistake he's absolutely responsible for this, if not directly, indirectly through all of his posts.

I don't know what's worse, having to try and decipher his broken English or the fact that some of you guys are actually encouraging his antics. If it were BuyVM that he was publicly attacking and potentially flooding you'd all be up in arms demanding he be banned, but VPS6 unfortunately gets no such justice. Instead they have to continue to endure it, the slander, the attacks, all while potentially losing new customers. That's money coming out of their pockets as google caches all these threads and posts, and it's really sad.

• CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2012

I cant help but think VPS6 has brought this upon themselves, however I do feel sorry for their customers that have been caught in the cross fire.

Its really bad form blaming @concernednetizen for the DDOS attacks when all he did was post an IP. If someone was really wanting to find that info I'm sure it would have taken all of 5 minutes to find it out.

@taipres pretty much all info provided from VPS6 has been a lie ( even if this formed part of an NDA it is still a lie, just a contracted lie). I've contacted a few people in Serverguru's and no one has heard of a staff member by the name he has provided :(

I know you want people to compete with BuyVM, but VPS6 just are not the right company to try and do that.

Thanked by 1lbft
  • @httpzoom said: I cant help but think VPS6 has brought this upon themselves

All Jeremy did was honor a confidentially agreement, which was the right thing to do. In terms of VPS6 as a company, they've been exceptional and don't deserve any of this.

• SpiritSpirit Member

@taipres said: All Jeremy did was honor a confidentially agreement

prove it.

@taipres there is the right thing to do for your business and a right thing to do morally. If those two do not match up, you shouldn't be running a company.

• @Spirit said: prove it.

Why do you care so much? Honestly

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@taipres said: If it were BuyVM that he was publicly attacking and potentially flooding you'd all be up in arms demanding he be banned,

We have weekly ddos attacks on our infrastructure from people off this site. We don't know who it is, just like vps6net. @vps6net is hoping that it's him, he has no solid proof that it is, if he did he'd put it forward.

Some people bitch/moan/complain about issues, others simply find a solution, and if they're smart, find a way to make it profitable too.

Francisco

• @concernednetizen said: IP mistake. I no post more IP.

Thank you. For what it's worth, I don't believe you would be involved in any way with the DDoS.

• SpiritSpirit Member

@PytoHost said: Why do you care so much? Honestly

Because I think that @taipres invented false excuses in order to blindly defend his beloved host. I would prefer solid facts.

• @Spirit said: prove it.

Prove what exactly? Jeremy != Don that much has been proven, so there's nothing more to this besides concernednetizens confusion and personal vendetta against Don that's bleeding over to Jeremy. So what if he bought servers from what people perceive to be a scammer, if anything that's the best thing that could of happened to those servers, as now they're in good hands.

• @taipres said: He's illegal posted private company info, that confirmed Jeremy != Don but that didn't stop people him or

@taipres said: try and decipher his broken English

Mirror, Mirror....

@taipres said: If it were BuyVM that he was publicly attacking and potentially flooding you'd all be up in arms demanding he be banned, but VPS6 unfortunately gets no such justice.

We get attacked somewhat frequently. Both by mice like you, and by actual former clients. The difference being, we address the issue at hand quickly and efficiently, not flap our dicks in the wind for two months.

@taipres said: Instead they have to continue to endure it, the slander, the attacks, all while potentially losing new customers.

@Aldryic said: Why not provide some proof and clear your name once and for all? Yes, we realize that trying to answer everyone's concerns isn't really a possibility... but you could've pulled the carpet from this entire ordeal before things escalated anywhere near this far.

No, he didn't have to endure anything. This could've been ended on day one.

@Spirit said: prove it.

Good luck with that request :P

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited June 2012

@taipres you defend lies of this host with some imaginary NDA. Have you seen it? Simple question - did you?
    Or you just converted your personal opinion into false fact?

• @Spirit said: @taipres you defend lies of this host with some imaginary NDA. Have you seen it? Simple question - did you?

He didn't have to. VPS6 isn't BuyVM, that's all the proof he needs to declare them free of any guilt :P

Thanked by 1djvdorp
    edited June 2012

Out of curiosity, how beneficial would you guys say a direct statement from ServerGurus would be on this matter? As they're decently established, I'd say it would settle it once and for all. I don't mean their live chat either.

• quirkyquarkquirkyquark Member
    edited June 2012

@httpzoom said: there is the right thing to do for your business and a right thing to do morally. If those two do not match up, you shouldn't be running a company.

Go tell that to the Fortune 500 CEOs.

@httpzoom said: Its really bad form blaming @concernednetizen for the DDOS attacks when all he did was post an IP.

No, although @concernetizen probably didn't understand the ramifications since he's not a tech person, the DDoS on the client nodes can be correlated almost exactly with his posting of that IP. The only previous downtime Pingdom shows for my VPS6 Xen in the last week is in the tens of minutes on 5/30/12.

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited June 2012

@httpzoom said: @taipres there is the right thing to do for your business and a right thing to do morally. If those two do not match up, you shouldn't be running a company.

Jeremy didn't do anything immoral in terms of his confidentally agreement as far as I can tell. Did Jeremy/VPS6 scam anyone? No. Is it his fault if Don Fry did? No.

@Aldryic said: We get attacked somewhat frequently. Both by mice like you, and by actual former clients.

I've never attacked BuyVM, and it's not my fault if you're not keeping your customers happy. In fact i've given BuyVM compliments on many of threads, mostly because I respect Fransico as he usually conducts himself pretty well. So i've done my part to try and help BuyVM continue to succeed, you're welcome.

@taipres said: I've never attacked BuyVM, and it's not my fault if you're not keeping your customers happy. In fact i've given BuyVM compliments on many of threads, mostly because I respect Fransico as he usually conducts himself pretty well.

Not quite. The users that flood us are usually the people that we terminated.... for flooding other people from their VM's :P Our autonull keeps track of floods in both directions and when we see an outbound flood a null is issued against the user. The user is then given 2 options:

• They allow us to check their VPS and find the exploited script (or proof of them doing it)
    • They go away, no refunds/credits/etc.

Francisco

• @Francisco said: Not quite. The users that flood us are usually the people that we terminated.... for flooding other people from their VM's :P Our autonull keeps track of floods in both directions and when we see an outbound flood a null is issued against the user. The user is then given 2 options:

They allow us to check their VPS and find the exploited script (or proof of them doing it)

They go away, no refunds/credits/etc.
    Francisco

Well if that's the case It's a shame they don't appreciate the kindness you showed them, guess they don't realize flooding is illegal and lot worse things could of happened to them then a simple account termination.

edited June 2012

@taipres how has VPS6 proven anything?

From the info we can see:

• Jeremy has VPS6 registered at an IL Location
    • RIP information lists Jeremy at a Cheyenne WY Law office.
    • Dann Fry owned alchymic LLC also operating from the same Law office.
    • IonVM linked to alchymic as they used their paypal account
    • Dann Fry was the owner of VPS6 and sold this to Jeremy, however Jeremey hasn't changed the registered address of the LLC.
    • Jeremy claimed to be employed by server guru's yet Server guru's have not got a staff member on their staff
    • Jeremy claimed to have purchased VPS6 from Dan Fry and an NDA forbid him to confirm the two were linked at some point..........

Is any of this wrong @taipres @VPS6 ?

@taipres said: Well if that's the case It's a shame they don't appreciate the kindness you showed them, guess they don't realize flooding is illegal and lot worse things could of happened to them then a simple account termination.

There are some on here that flood us whenever we do stock runs. As I said, we had a 90k pps SYN we pushed through our filtering IP's because it was getting autonull'd.

Some people try to use our autonull against us, but it doesn't work very well since we have many fall backs to work from. That, and we know what to look for in a flood.

Francisco

• AldryicAldryic Member
    edited June 2012

@taipres said: I've never attacked BuyVM, and it's not my fault if you're not keeping your customers happy.

I love how the two fragments of that one phrase directly contradict. Yes son, you have (verbally) attacked us, repeatedly. Primarily with the whole "BuyVM bullies their way around LE*" crap.

You respect Francisco because he's one of the very few not to dick you over your attitude. The truth of that being is that you're simply too insignificant for him to stop being a nice guy long enough to deal with your drama.

So, wasn't this thread about VPS6? If you have something to say about us, open a new thread and stop trying to derail this one.

@jarland

This is from the 24th May:

14:00Reece Chroftes: Hello James, how may I help you today?
    14:00James: Hey Reece
    14:00James: I was talking to Jeremy yesterday is he on shift right now?
    14:00Reece Chroftes: Let me just check that for you James, bare with me a moment.
    14:01James: no problem
    14:02Reece Chroftes: I'm afraid he's not at this moment in time -- is there anything I could help you with?
    14:06James: Can you tell me when Jeremy Harnett starts
    14:06Reece Chroftes: I'm afraid I don't know that iinformation.
    14:07James: ok
    14:07James: He's a staff member though right?
    14:07James: I'm wondering if i got his surname wrong
    14:09Reece Chroftes: Hi, I believe i stand corrected, there isn't to my knowledge -- if you would like to talk with a higher member of staff I can get them to send you an email?
    14:10Reece Chroftes: If that would help your request.
    14:11James: sure
    14:11James: So your saying you cant find a Jeremy Harnett?
    14:11James: Oops
    14:11James: my bad
    14:11James: Jeremy Hartnett
    14:12Reece Chroftes: From my understanding there is not a Jeremy working with ServerGurus.
    14:13James: no problem
    14:13James: sorry about that
    14:13Reece Chroftes: As this is live support only, if you wish to speak to a higher member of staff then I would suggest opening a support ticket.
    14:13Reece Chroftes: Its no problem James!
    14:16Reece Chroftes: Can I help you with anything else today

edited June 2012

@httpzoom Right, but I'm not positive I trust the final conclusion from the live chat. I want to hear from Lee. Anyone can be on a live chat. I don't know if they outsource it. Sometimes outsourced are specifically instructed to not speak as though they are one and the same as the company represented. I've emailed Lee.

This discussion has been closed.