Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS6 website down? - Page 15
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS6 website down?

191011121315»

Comments

• @gsrdgrdghd said: Which one is the continent?

@Daniel said: @gsrdgrdghd I mentioned the EU. The only single country super powers that the EU had (eg UK, Germany, France) are no longer super powers.

@gsrdgrdghd said: Yeah i was just pointing out that the EU isn't a continent

I'm sure there's a better term for it, just having some English hiccups today, sorry :P

@Daniel said: I'm glad they were banned from entering the UK.

If karma does exist, they'll all come down with a nasty case of fatal busrape. But, their views are protected under Freedom of Speech, and they're a prime example of a hate group, so they made for a decent example.

• @Aldryic said: But, their views are protected under Freedom of Speech, and they're a prime example of a hate group, so they made for a decent example.

You shouldn't be allowed the right of freedom of speech if you can't respect others right to live peacefully without fear of being abused (by the Westboro's)

• @Daniel said: You shouldn't be allowed the right of freedom of speech if you can't respect others right to live peacefully without fear of being abused (by the Westboro's)

While I agree with you, that does pretty much revoke the 'freedom' bit. The sad truth is that humans aren't advanced enough to cope with true freedom - some form of regulation will be needed at some point or another.

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited June 2012

@Aldryic said: While I agree with you, that does pretty much revoke the 'freedom' bit. The sad truth is that humans aren't advanced enough to cope with true freedom - some form of regulation will be needed at some point or another.

Well you should earn free speech, not be given it as a right from birth imo.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Daniel said: Well you should earn free speech, not be given it as a right from birth imo.

But then it's humans that define how you 'earn' it. The problem is there's simply too many corrupt people so the only way to try to grant freedom is to make it as broad as possible.

You could do like some countries do and you have to enlist once you get out of school for a few years to defend the country you live in.

Francisco

• @Francisco said: You could do like some countries do and you have to enlist once you get out of school for a few years to defend the country you live in.

+1 for that. I can name a good handful of people offhand that would benefit from the discipline.

• @Francisco said: You could do like some countries do and you have to enlist once you get out of school for a few years to defend the country you live in.

Thats a really crappy "solution"

@Aldryic said: +1 for that. I can name a good handful of people offhand that would benefit from the discipline.

Well, the one thing some of those countries have is free post-secondary so the way people can pay towards it is to enlist for 2 - 3 years. In the US I know the AF will put you through college to train towards whatever you want (assuming it helps you in the field I'm guessing).

I think it's a solid idea and would remove a lot of the smug attitude a lot of the kids these days have

Francisco

I would probably never join the military.

• nabonabo Member

@Francisco said: You could do like some countries do and you have to enlist once you get out of school for a few years to defend the country you live in.

I guess it depends on how the military service is constructed in each country. In some countries it's simply an army. In others the range of military service is much broader, not only the "green" field but also prevention (crisis reaction, fire department, health care, construction). In some countries the military has it's own universities where you get the dual-education (academic+field). I guess a general enlistment is not quite good. It always depends on the structure of the country. The army should not be the basin for those that would get no other job

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@Daniel said: I would probably never join the military.

Neither would I, at least not the British Millitary, I'm not prepared to risk my life, especially with all the defence cuts.

Needless, I could hardly survive in Air Cadets.

• @gsrdgrdghd said: Thats a really crappy "solution"

To elaborate further:

I live in a country that has recently (1 year ago) removed compulsory military service. And i was really glad that we did this because otherwise i would have had to waste 1 whole year of my life and could only have started university one year later than other people my age. That would really have given me a disadvantage in comparison to women (although there aren't any women studying Informatics anyway :D) and males who didn't qualify for military service (i.e. fatties, people with bad eyes, people who smokes pot, etc)

• @Infinity said: Needless, I could hardly survive in Air Cadets.

I quit after 1 month.

• Mon5t3rMon5t3r Member
    edited June 2012

I'm just thinking if we burn all of our forest, are we still alive until now? and please see this (a "gift" from one of your American company to our country) image

Thanked by 1Andri
  • miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@japon said: So Communism must be the dream situation for you.

Communism is the dream situation for everyone, it's just Russia showed the world how not to do it.

Thanked by 2Aldryic Spirit
  • nabonabo Member
    edited June 2012

@gsrdgrdghd said: waste 1 whole year of my life

That is quite a subjective view on things. You could have refused as most people did when Germany had the conscription. I know that the 1 year service (it was only 6 month before they skipped it completely) has helped quite a few guys to get their life organized and for the first time realize what work means. This has helped them and the guys around them.

@miTgiB said: Communism is the dream situation for everyone, it's just Russia showed the world how not to do it.

I guess with Communism we have a social system that has proven that it does not work. We have the Russian way, the Chinese way, the Yugoslavic way, the Cuban way and some others in Eastern Europe that are the satellite states of the ex-SU. Every system that tries to get rid of individuality is against the original behavior of mankind and therefore damned to fail.

@nabo said: I know that the 1 year service (it was only 6 month before they skipped it completely) has helped quite a few guys to get their life organized and for the first time realize what work means. This has helped them and the guys around them.

That's my view on it. Even if you're a rich kid you'll (technically) get treated no different than the guy that lived on the streets. You'll eat the same meals, make the same wages and all the rest. Some people don't need it because they're humbled already, but for a lot of the kids I went to school with, they would have needed something like it.

Francisco

• @jarland said: Two places in the world.

1. America
    2. Not yet America

Deal with it.

I hope this is sarcasm.

Thanked by 1Mon5t3r
  • @GetKVM_Ash said: I hope this is sarcasm.

Lol.

• @nabo said: You could have refused as most people did when Germany had the conscription

Well refusing would have ment i would have to do civil service ( but tbh i would have rather gone to the military)

@nabo said: it was only 6 month before they skipped it completely

But since you can only start in october at most universities i would have had to wait another 6 months.

@nabo said: has helped quite a few guys to get their life organized

I agree that another year of time might be good for some people who don't know what to do yet. However those that have it figured out shouldn't be held back.

@nabo said: for the first time realize what work means

Well people can also do jobs, e.g. work in a supermarket or so during the summer. Ofc thats not the same as military but its also hard work (i know from experience :D)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@GetKVM_Ash You looking to upgrade from #2 to #1 as well, foreigner?

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited June 2012

@jarland said: @GetKVM_Ash You looking to upgrade from #2 to #1 as well, foreigner?

Not a fucking chance bud :)

Woop, i got the last word in this dreadful thread.

Thanked by 2DeletedUser nabo
This discussion has been closed.