Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS6 website down? - Page 13
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS6 website down?

Comments

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited June 2012

just tested and no Daniel, it's look what VPS6 can do and ChicagoVPS Can't. Haha

• @taipres If their network was so good, how comes their website fell flat as soon as it was under attack.

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited June 2012

@Daniel said: @taipres If their network was so good, how comes their website fell flat as soon as it was under attack.

Actually they handled the flooding on client nodes within a few minutes, and mine was up thereafter no problems. their website has been down because they were doing other stuff. Anyway a network being good and it being taken down by DDoS are two very different things. DDoS sadly can bring down even the top networks and that makes little skiddies think they have power, abusing a free and open internet. :\

• Cripes, this forum is full of children. Figuratively and literally.

I've signed up for a VPS6 Xen plan just for funsies, I'll post a trip report of how my experience goes after a while.

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • @taipres said: . DDoS sadly can bring down even the top networks and that makes little skiddies think they have power, abusing a free and open internet. :\

When was the internet free or open?

• @taipres how can you run a LEB clone and be so biased? I wonder how you would react if @Chief had the same attitude towards BuyVM as you have towards vps6

• @Daniel said: When was the internet free or open?

Since its creation. The gov tried to sell it to at&t, thankfully at&t declined otherwise it'd be a very different place today.

• @taipres said: The gov tried to sell it to at&t, thankfully at&t declined otherwise it'd be a very different place today.

The gov, elaborate, what gov do you speak off? Since no one government owns the internet.

• @GetKVM_Ash said: The gov, elaborate, what gov do you speak off? Since no one government owns the internet.

DARPA, which is part of the US gov invented the internet...and they tried to sell to at&t back in the day, I guess they didn't realize how useful it was. Google it.

• @taipres said: @Daniel said: When was the internet free or open?

Since its creation. The gov tried to sell it to at&t

How can something owned by the government be free or open?

• @gsrdgrdghd said: How can something owned by the government be free or open?

because of the FCC and net neutrality.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

I'm not going to close it because there is no need to at the moment, unless the thread gets really bad I won't close it.

Thanked by 1taipres
  • @taipres said: because of the FCC and net neutrality.

Yes because the FCC clearly regulates the entire internet.

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • @Jack said: That's why DDoS protection was brought out and Why BuyVM have it trolol

A large DDoS requires equipment worth tens of thousands of dollars to filter in addition to the bandwidth costs. Not many LEB providers can offer this. I'm not sure what BuyVM are doing with their filtered IPs. I can only assume its a third party with said equipment providing it. Although I have no knowledge its just an assumption (ponies please feel free to trample me down)

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited June 2012

@Daniel said: Yes because the FCC clearly regulates the entire internet.

Unfortunately they don't, that's why you have garbage like the great firewall of china and similar countries suppressing the people. But net neutrality still exists in many countries currently and the FCC helps enforce in the US. The day net neutrality disappears in US, Canada etc...will be a sad day. Not just for those countries, but for most of the world.

• @taipres said: Unfortunately they don't

Correctly, Fortunately they don't.

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited June 2012

@taipres said: because of the FCC and net neutrality.

How can it be free and open when it gets regulated? That doesn't fit together

Also if the US government was controlling the internet that would be veeeery bad for everyone

• @Daniel said: Correctly, Fortunately they don't.

Reading about some plans that Europe has for their Internets I think you'll be eating those words in a few years.

• @taipres said: Reading about some plans that Europe has for their Internets I think you'll be eating those words in a few years.

Because clearly I want a US authority regulating the entire internet, when it can't even regulate the US's phone market. Lets remember that ACTA has been thrown out of the EU, whilst its about to pass in the US.

• @taipres said: Reading about some plans that Europe has for their Internets I think you'll be eating those words in a few years.

Actually it was Europe that stopped ACTA which was initiated by the US government (amongst others)

• japonjapon Member

@taipres said: Reading about some plans that Europe has for their Internets I think you'll be eating those words in a few years.

You must have missed the US Patriot Act.

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited June 2012

@gsrdgrdghd said: How can it be free and open when it gets regulated? That doesn't fit together

FCC regulates ISP's so that they keep it free and open and don't mess with the data with certain exceptions. The job of the ISP is to be a mindless mule that shouldn't know nor care about the data it's sending back and forth, just needs to know where it's coming from and where it's going. If net neutrality disappears that won't be the case. You'll see junk like

Also ISP's will make compeitiors sites slower, to upset customers and help drive them to their own products/services or their partners. It could get far worse than that too, the ISP could start embedding their own ads in websites you visit, or manipulate/spy on your traffic other ways for profit.

• @japon said: You must have missed the US Patriot Act.

He misses a lot of things. It's easy to be blinded when you eagerly lap up what the media tells you without bothering to look for unbiased/independent sources. Only an absolute fool would believe that freedom is created by imposing regulation at any level.

Thanked by 2japon [Deleted User]
  • japonjapon Member

@taipres said: FCC regulates ISP's so that they keep it free and open

So Communism must be the dream situation for you.

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited June 2012

@Aldryic said: nly an absolute fool would believe that freedom is created by imposing regulation at any level.

To be fair the EU has very strict mobile regulation, but it causes freedom for the consumers. But thats one of the only things they pretty much do right.

• @japon said: So Communism must be the dream situation for you.

Ironically enough, he's American. One of the types that believes his country can do no wrong, etc.

• @Aldryic said: Ironically enough, he's American. One of the types that believes his country can do no wrong, etc.

From what i understand hes a bible-belt neckbeard

Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
  • taiprestaipres Member
    edited June 2012

@Aldryic said: Ironically enough, he's American. One of the types that believes his country can do no wrong, etc.

Yes show the LET community more of your American hate. Since you apparently never learn your lesson.

• @taipres said: Yes show the LET community more of your American hate.

You're thinking of @DanielM. In case you've forgotten, not only do I live here, but I'm a foreigner that served in the US military. What's the last thing you did for your country?

Embarrassment of being associated with the likes of you is why I still refer to myself as Russian, despite how long I've been here.

Thanked by 2TheHackBox MrDOS
  • @Aldryic said: but I'm a foreigner that served in the US military

What branch of the military did you serve in?

This discussion has been closed.