Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS6 website down? - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS6 website down?

Comments

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@Francisco The suspense !

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Fliphost said: @Francisco The suspense !

@Jack

@Francisco told me it was 550k of SYN flood. Whoops!

Maybe I should stop using @Francisco 's name to troll people...

or not

• @netomx said: Can that flood be made on a residential address??? Or it needs to be on a DC? Why the DC can't detect that?!

Uhhh... DDoS. "distributed".

@DimeCadmium said: Uhhh... DDoS. "distributed".

I thought that, but someone pointed that it can be made from a single computer. That's why I say that. 2 days with DDoS and the DC can't even notice that?!

@Jack said: That's nothing.

:( I can't even make the troll right :(

Do you like more 550,455 k of SYN?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@netomx He told me it was 789 million giga terrabits.

@jarland said: 789 million giga terrabits

terrabits?! Does that word even exist?!

Thanked by 1jar
  • miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@Jack said: @vps6net TELLLLLL ME!

Why, are you behind this? I get tired of the question, how big, and now always answer it with some impossible number I make up, it's nobodies business.

• @netomx said: I thought that, but someone pointed that it can be made from a single computer. That's why I say that. 2 days with DDoS and the DC can't even notice that?!

One source = DoS, not DDoS.

It can be, but it's relatively rare.

• MrDOSMrDOS Member
    edited June 2012

FWIW, both my OpenVZ containers on ch22 are down (and have been since late yesterday). Whoops, read my edit below...

• @MrDOS said: FWIW, both my OpenVZ containers on ch22 are down (and have been since late yesterday).

They certainly shouldn't be, please get in touch with us (or me directly) right away!

The techs are manning support[at]vps6.net as well as the live chat box on http://vps6.net, otherwise feel free to PM me here.

• MrDOSMrDOS Member

@vps6net: Well, this is a real foot-in-mouth. I don't have any web-facing services on those machines and I was too lazy to check directly, so that comment was based on Pingdom reports (1, 2), which, now that I look more closely, don't even jive with their own overall status. I'm really sorry :P

• @MrDOS No worries, ping is going to look a little funny while our filters are still in place. Glad to hear everything is alright.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Any update on the main site Jeremy?

Oh and by the way I still need a copy of your driver's license, utility bills, credit check, passport, and VIN# or you're Dan Fry. I kid, I kid.

Thanked by 1taipres
  • CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

Your site is still down.

• @CVPS_Chris said: Your site is still down.

Probably because he's doing things right vs rushing it before it's ready. I rather wait another day and have it stay up vs him tossin it up right now and it going down every few hours.

I have nothing more to say, I am too tired to argue and explain how the whole situation is just utterly ridiculous. Good day chap

Thanked by 1Jeffrey
  • @CVPS_Chris said: I have nothing more to say, I am too tired to argue and explain how the whole situation is just utterly ridiculous. Good day chap

I agree VPS6 having to waste their time dealing with flooding is utterly ridiculous. If those responsible would man up and stop there wouldn't be a problem. This continued abuse of a free and open internet is the exact thing that's going to, in part, ruin it for everyone. I'd be shocked if the internet wasn't insanely regulated by the year 2020.

• @taipres said: If those responsible would man up and stop there wouldn't be a problem.

You don't say.

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • @Jack said: Everyone else did on LET , @GetKVM-Ash , Me , @Francisco what makes them any different I don't understand how it can take 3 days to move a site to a new IP tho ^_^

This +1, we got DDoSd to hell and back for about one week just for posting on LET (Damn you constantinos) but we put the money in and got some DDoS protected hosting.

Why haven't VPS6 invested any money yet.

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • SpiritSpirit Member
    edited June 2012

It's most likely "transition" to new company extended downtime anyway. This time atleast customer service isn't affected (yet).

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • I like how @CVPS_Chris just bashes nearly every other provider >_>

Thanked by 2DeletedUser nabo
  • jcalebjcaleb Member

@Boltersdriveer said: I like how @CVPS_Chris just bashes nearly every other provider >_>

except some untouchables....

• Quinn from VPS6 told me they plan on having VPS6.net back up by friday.

• @Jack said: I don't understand how it can take 3 days to move a site to a new IP tho ^_^

Umm... what is moving the site to a different IP going to do? Unless you have a way to do HTTP (a TCP/IP protocol) without revealing the endpoints' IPs... (And no - cloudflare does NOT count)

@DimeCadmium said: endpoints' IPs

Well, you can use buyVM filtering service =P

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • @Jack said: Why doesn't cloudflare count?

Because CloudFlare isn't an anti-ddos solution

Thanked by 1nabo

@Boltersdriveer said: I like how @CVPS_Chris just bashes nearly every other provider >_>

You can be next on my list if you would like, can we take it there?

@Jack said: Me too.

Just go away, I have nothing worth saying to you.

@jcaleb said: except some untouchables....

There are no untouchables, who are they you speak of?

@Jack said: WOW Chris Not an acceptable way to speak to a client.

Is this Jack as is Jack from DotVPS? Also, how am I supposed to know your a client. We have hundreds of Jacks. On top of that you had no place in this conversation, let us hash it out no need to get mixed in the middle.

• @CVPS_Chris said: There are no untouchables, who are they you speak of?

*unzips* My penis shall be the lance of my will.

... had to :3

I've seen Chris criticize people's actions quite often (providers and clients alike); hell, I do the same. But unless you actively try to rile him up he doesn't just badmouth another company.

This discussion has been closed.