Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS6 website down? - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS6 website down?

Comments

• djvdorpdjvdorp Member
    edited June 2012

For all people doubting what mail @jarland sent, I have a screenshot here for y'all made myself here:

http://cl.ly/H8wq

Thanked by 2jar jcaleb
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Love sparrow. Best email client ever.

• @Jarland,

All your email confirms is that servergurus are taking over, it does not confirm that Jeremy is not Dan fry, or am i missing something here?

You also broke the disclaimer at the bottom of that email :P

• I think @jarland's email is legit, but i've noticed that Lee Clements' answer seems to especially avoid mentioning Jeremy Hartnett.

@GetKVM-Ash You are correct. I don't think anyone should care about that detail. No one cares if Dan's name was involved in an operation that they can now be confident is properly run and isn't going anywhere, do they?

Meh, disclaimers are like speed limits ;)

I had every intention of posting that email going in, I didn't agree to that disclaimer.

• @jarland said: Meh, disclaimers are like speed limits ;)

Lol tell VPS6 that, why wont he show us ID.

And that is the main detail (Its the whole point of this thread), we want to know if Jeremy is Dan fry.

TBH (And recently selling my own company) i think he is Dan fry and an NDA has been signed, but its between him and Servergurus and it involves not releasing any details on the party selling VPS6 aka Dan Fry.

They didn't even mention the mistaken identity in the reply email, which seems strange to me.

edited June 2012

Regardless, it's safe to order from them. There is a reason people who used their systems wanted to believe the best scenario. The performance and resource allotment for the price, in the U.S., simply cannot be dismissed. They're not just any provider, and anyone who has used them can testify to that.

• Lee Clement not say who Jeremy Hartnett. He say merge VPS6.

He know Dan Fry. This Dan Fry Google+
    https://plus.google.com/112403875868641051721/

On friend see Lee Clement.

Dan sell VPS6 to Serverguru. What name of Dan new company?

Thanked by 2TheHackBox Spirit

Someone else can email Lee about Jeremy if they want. I got the info I cared about ;)

• We know answer. Jeremy Hartnett = Dan Fry

Now look for Dan Fry new company

New name here http://www.fakenamegenerator.com/

Michael L. Colon here and I've got an exciting new product to sell you!

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited June 2012

@concernednetizen said: He know Dan Fry. This Dan Fry Google+

https://plus.google.com/112403875868641051721/
    On friend see Lee Clement.

Are you saying that Lee is on Dann Fry friend list? This would be just hilarious. (I can't see any friend list on this page)

• Who's Lee Clement.

• @Daniel said: Who's Lee Clement.

The ServerGurus dude that answered to @jarland 's email.

edited June 2012

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/lee-clements/11/77/524?_mSplash=1

Not sure what to think about dates on there, but he's obviously still with ServerGurus.

• @gsrdgrdghd said: The ServerGurus dude that answered to @jarland 's email.

What a coincidence

• @Jarland

Current Data Center Operations at ContinuityX, Inc

Past
    Technical Account Manager at Rackspace Hosting
    Owner at ServerGurus, LLC
    Systems Engineer at STL Technology Partners

edited June 2012

Yeah, but he's clearly still at ServerGurus. He must have incorrectly filled out some info there.

http://www.bbb.org/chicago/business-reviews/computer-consultant/servergurus-in-libertyville-il-88371631

• @Jarland I think Lee good. He have happy customers good review

• CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

Lee will have got involved in another company and added that to LinkedIn and it then automatically ends your previous employment.

Its happened to me a few times.

• vedranvedran Veteran

So whoever was the previous owner, vps6.net is in good hands now? And from what I can see, vps6net always provided good service, no one got scammed etc.

Perhaps we could stop dragging them around now?

• LESLES Member

Time to close!

• @LES said: Time to close!

Well, where the original topic is concerned, the website is unfortunately still offline as a result of the attacks. The client area and SolusVM portal will hopefully be online later today, as we also work to restore the full version of our website.

At this point there should be no clients offline, though if anyone is having trouble, please don't hesitate to email support[at]vps6.net, or message me here on LET.

• @Jack said: Why can't you just add a new IP to the existing VM it was on and then put it behind cloudflare? instead of messing around moving to a clients node..

Uh... because cloudflare isn't DDOS protection.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • Also, has Fry's methodology in the past been to stay with the company? Cause if not, then either he's changed his methodology (doubtful, and if he has that likely means he's repented) or he's NOT BEHIND THIS. I'm gonna guess it's the latter.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Jack said: Yes but still it would help there site. I've seen Cloudflare take a load of SYN and not die.

Likely not a very big load. VPS6 contacted us last night for advice and it isn't some wimpy little flood.

Francisco

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Jack said: how big ^_^?

That's for them to discuss, not me :P

Francisco

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Francisco said: VPS6 contacted us last night for advice and it isn't some wimpy little flood.

Can that flood be made on a residential address??? Or it needs to be on a DC? Why the DC can't detect that?!

This discussion has been closed.