Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS6 website down? - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS6 website down?

Comments

• @concernednetizen said: @vps6net if you want talk me talk here. No private message

Hello,

Rather than continue a worthless public dialog, I thought it would be nice to speak with you personally.

I am led to believe that you are propagating an attack on our network, or else know the attackers. I also understand that your main "concern" with our company is that it has taken money from you, though I see no evidence for this.

Would you accept direct compensation from VPS6.NET for your losses, in exchange for a total and lasting halt of attacks on our network? I am prepared to have this in order immediately.

Thank you,

Jeremy

Then what is your answer? What do you demand for the attacks to stop?

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited June 2012

Yay my VPS6 node back online <3

• I call movie rights.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@BassHost Already working on the script. Here's what I've got:

LET: You Don Fry
    Jeremy: Am not

• Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean? Would you be willing to communicate with me personally to get this worked out in a contract?

• @vps6net said: Would you be willing to communicate with me personally to get this worked out in a contract?

.... a contract? That sounds suspiciously like you're wanting to buy his silence on the matter. Might want to consider rewording that.

edited June 2012

@Aldryic He specifically said a deal to stop attacks on the network. If he isn't involved, I'd bet he's motivated someone to do it. Where else are they being verbally abused so frequently?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Didn't he state the attacks weren't from him? or did I miss something...

Francisco

• It's a sad day when legitimate hard working business men have to give into cyber thugs.

• edited June 2012

@vps6net I write you on page 3 read.

@jarland DDOS not me. I attack VPS6 with write truth only. I ask refund 1 year before, now I want nothing from VPS6

Thanked by 1Infinity

@Francisco Yeah but I mean, I never pirated photoshop back in the day either ;)

• AldryicAldryic Member
    edited June 2012

@jarland said: @Aldryic He specifically said a deal to stop attacks on the network.

Aah, thanks for that.

@Francisco said: Didn't he state the attacks weren't from him? or did I miss something...

He did, aye.

• @francisco DDOS not me. Dan Fry many enemys. Many people email me and say problems

@taipres Dan Fry not legitimate. Jeremy Hartnett not real

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@concernednetizen said: I ask refund 1 year before, now I want nothing from VPS6

How much money are we talking about here? If I give you the money will you stop derailing every thread on the forum vps6 is mentioned in?

• vps6netvps6net Member
    edited June 2012

@concernednetizen said: I attack VPS6 with write truth only. I ask refund

We have very legitimate reasons to believe that this is not true.

VPS6.NET will compensate you for any losses you believe are related to it, and you will stop the attacks. When can we make the agreement?

@vps6net Share the reason. If someone here is doing this, let the community help you out them for everyone to see.

• quirkyquarkquirkyquark Member
    edited June 2012

@vps6net said: Unfortunately, the attack spread to our Chicago-based Xen nodes immediately after @concernednetized posted an IP in the same subnet.

I can independently confirm that my Chicago Xen went down within 6 minutes of @concernednetizen's post at 2:57 PM PDT

Pingdom (timestamps are CET):
    Full screenshot

@concernednetizen: Please engage your eponymous concern for your fellow LETers at least and temper your "journalistic" zeal for the moment!!

• @mitgib I want no money. I want truth only.

@vps6net I tell people truth, never attack. Look your victim for 4 years, many people you thief.

• @vps6net said: VPS6.NET will compensate you for any losses you believe are related to it, and you will stop the attacks. When can we make the agreement?

Out of curiosity... why not provide more than just your word and settle this for good? You've already stated that you're willing to 'break silence' and mention the sale. If there was an NDA, that alone is sufficient to consider it broken. Why not provide some proof and clear your name once and for all? Yes, we realize that trying to answer everyone's concerns isn't really a possibility... but you could've pulled the carpet from this entire ordeal before things escalated anywhere near this far.

• @quirkyquark I post IP but never attack.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@concernednetizen said: @mitgib I want no money. I want truth only.

But the community is tired of you, so give it a rest or I will start flagging every post you make until you are banned

@Aldryic has a point. At this point, settle it here and get these people off your back because they're obviously willing to do what it takes to stop you from being successful.

• @mitgib if you tired look other posting.

• @concernednetizen he is a real person, here in The US Of A it's illegal to register a business under a false name, and while Don could have had his name legally changed in court to Jeremy that's not what the hacked DB logs you posted showed. It clearly showed ownership transfer, as in there 2 completely different people. I understand english isn't your strong suite but love and forgiveness are international concepts so you really should consider them.

Thanked by 2Jeffrey djvdorp
  • @jarland

Cool ... I think Disney is going to pay 100s of millions of dollars for this.

edited June 2012

@taipres WHMCS does not follow a strict protocol for changing the name, do they? Business is registered to Alchymic, but those records aren't guaranteed to be up to date. As I've said, my business doesn't exist according to WV website and it's been a year.

• @Aldryic said: If there was an NDA, that alone is sufficient to consider it broken.

Regardless of context, contracts are not usually the "$x million flat damages for unlimited violations" kind. It's usually "pay-as-you-violate" ;)

• quirkyquarkquirkyquark Member
    edited June 2012

@concernednetizen said: I post IP but never attack.

Maybe you're not playing dumb but really don't understand: the correlation clearly shows your post enabled (or at the very least, hastened) the attack on the client node IP subnet.

• JacobJacob Member

Say wut?

@jcaleb said: this is dan frye. you've been warned.

This discussion has been closed.